Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Love ❯ The Beginning of the Healing Process ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yes, I know, I’m a lazy bum for not updating. Sorry for the lack of updates. School and everything else has been getting to me. Hopefully this fic will end sometime in the future, sorry for the inconvenience. Well, here’s chapter 5, finally.

Puppy Love

Chapter 5: The Beginning of the Healing Process

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

I think that I shall never see
a billboard lovely as a tree.
Perhaps, unless the billboards fall,
I'll never see a tree at all.

- Unknown

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Anzu was away now, and would not be back for another week yet, so it was Yugi’s job to care for the injured dog and get her rehabilitated. Anzu was counting on him.

Yugi woke up at the light of day. The sun shone brilliantly in his window seal, casting a glare into his eyes. He wearily opened one eye and put his hand over it to block the harmful rays.

 

He sat up and tried to adjust to the haziness of sleep. The small boy walked slowly down the hall, still rubbing softly at his eyes. All of a sudden he tripped over a sack of something that had been laying a bit into the middle of the hall.

 

Little Yugi was beat out of breath and it took some time before he could catch his breath. He glanced over at the blue blurry object that was laying there. It was dog food.

 

Yugi’s grandfather walked up to the small child.

 

“Hello Yugi, it’s time to feed the dog, then you may have your breakfast.” He smiled.

 

“Oh, right. Good morning, grandpa.” Yugi looked tired.

 

“Oh yes, “ the kind old man smiled. “Good morning, Yugi.”

 

Yugi tiredly opened the sack and went over to get a little bowl. He searched around the turtle. The small boy looked everywhere, but found nothing. He searched high and low in every imaginable place and crevice.

 

The young boy scratched his head. “Grandpa!”

 

“Yes Yugi?” the old man replied, in the middle of a sale.

 

“Do you know where the dog bowl is?” Yugi asked.

 

“In here, by Ginger’s bed. I placed it close to her so she won’t have to reach so far to eat. Her leg still needs.”

 

Yugi came into the card room, too tired to worry about what he was wearing and unknowably walking out in his pajamas to get the little blue bowl placed a few feet from the big, brown mass of snoozing fur that was confined to a blanket in the corner of the shop.

 

Ginger was still sleeping soundly, seeming un phased by all of the loud customers.

 

Yugi walked back over the bowl and quickly picked it up, trying not to be noticed. try as he might, everyone seemed to notice, on account of he was the only one wearing pajamas at 12:00 in the afternoon. Yugi blushed a faint pink of embarrassment and walked back into the hall.

 

He decided that it would be better to change before he went back down to feed her. The small boy hopped back into his room and put on some casual clothes: a white, long sleeved button up shirt and some blue jeans. He cupped some dog food out of the sack and returned back to the main room where Ginger slept.

 

He sat the food down and it made a small rumbling sound as the kibble hit the side of the bowl. Ginger perked her droopy ears and lifted her head up. The content brown eyes looking up at the young boy.

 

Yugi gave his “companion” a few gentle pats on the head.

 

“Good morning Ginger.” He said warmly. “Hope you’re doing better today. Here. I got this for you, some nice fresh food. Eat up!”

 

The boy backed away a few steps and smiled quaintly at the dog. Ginger put her head down and gave the bowl a few good sniffs. She began to slowly eat the kibble while Yugi went to get a bowl of fresh water. After the dog had quickly finished the kibble, she went towards the water bowl, drinking rapidly, almost inhaling it in one breath.

 

Yugi was happy to see that she was eating and her normal appetite had returned. She had been through so much and it’s nice to see an improvement.

 

Throughout the day Yugi spent time with the dog, just sitting there beside of her and petting her. He gave her loving words. There was a few times when he was called away to help his grandfather, but it was nothing more then a minor detail.

 

****************************************

 

Many days passed and the dog began to shine with love. She had been brushed, fed, and cared for as anyone should. Yugi was quite the care taker. Ginger was fat and healthy, though she hadn’t been walking yet. That was the next thing: To walk. Yugi had to teach an old dog a new trick with only 3 legs, but no matter what, the boy would be there for his three legged friend.

 

He knew Anzu picked him because he was responsible. He had always liked Anzu much more then a friend, but had been afraid to tell her, and he didn’t want to screw anything up that they had already obtained.

 

***************************************

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Chapter 6: How To Teach an Old Dog New Tricks

 

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact than a drunken man is happier than a sober one. - George Bernard Shaw

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Well, there you have it. The chapter 5. Sorry for the shortness, and yes I know it was short. Long time no update, and I am sorry to be so long with my updates and I really should have updated sooner but the school is getting to me with tests and grades and all of that lovely stuff. Being a senior in high school tends to do that to one’s self.

 

Well, R&R and tell me what you think, since it probably sucked, anyway.

 

Well, R&R and tell me what you thought.

 

 

 

& nbsp;

 

 

 

 

 

  ;