Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Pyrotechnics ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: We don't own Yu-gi-oh or anything that goes along with it. But, we do own our original characters, that's a plus. So if you please, *gets down on hands and knees* please, don't sue us!

Warning: cussing, a fight scene (who doesn't love a good fight scene?) and well…. some nudity but nothing to offending we hope…hehehe ^_^

Chapter 3

The library was empty except for the group sitting at the several tables doing their own activities. Jade sat at a cubicle, separated from the others, a book lay open in front of her and her papers strewn over the wooden surface. The hum of conversation was interrupted by sporadic arguments rising between those in the group. Wearily the black haired teen craned her neck and looked over the desk's divider to see who was currently fighting. Scanning the tables dark brown eyes fell upon the arguing pair and narrowed in annoyance and scheming contemplation.

`Hmm…this could be interesting,' she thought silently watching Angela glare up at the taller male, hazel eyes narrowed in indignation as Ryouji uncaringly began flipping through the book's pages, stopping to read at intervals.

"Hand it over spazoid before I mess up your face," she threatened, attempting to look more intimidating than her meager 5'4" stature. Ryouji looked down at the short girl and smirked, green eyes lighting up with a devilish glee, before leaning a slim hip against the table can continuing his perusal of the black date book.

"Hmm…three dates for today?" he commented tapping a slim finger against the page. "Pathetic. I haven't even been here a month and I've got 4 dates for today alone." Angela growled at the comment and made a lunge for the book, which was pulled, well out of her grasp by the 6'1" teen.

"Fuck you asswipe. Now hand it over." At her second failed attempt the red streaked haired teen screeched in utter annoyance and slammed her foot into Ryouji's shin causing the tall teen to drop the book and grasp his injured part.

"Ha take that you jerk. That'll teach you not to mess with me. Besides, why should I care about how many dates you have, let alone why you should care how many I have," Angela smirked as a thought passed through her mind.

"Unless you have unrequited feelings for me." She purred leaning closer to Ryouji. As the hazel eyed teen neared Ryouji who nervously gulped and fought against the blush threatening to engulf his face.

"If you do," continued Angela running a finger down the slightly tanned cheek tracing the line running down from his emerald green eye, "forget about it `cause I am way out of your league," she finished triumphantly. Ryouji's eyes widened in annoyance.

"Oh please, more like I'm out of yours," he retorted crossing his arms across his chest. "In case you have forgotten I'm the one with the more dates." Angela glared up at the teen and turned her head away, lips pursed in annoyance.

"Fuck off El Geeko, I don't want to be associated with riff-raff," she said her back still turned to Ryouji, who's eyes narrowed even more calculating anger at the comment.

"What's wrong princess? Upset that I'm more sought after than you?" he mocked. Angela instantly spun around eyes blazing.

"You wish dickhead, I can get any guy I want," she said confidently.

`Oh really?" Ryouji smirked charmingly at the girl. "How about a bet then? Who ever can get someone to fall for them wins." Angela eyes shifted her mind quickly going through the possibilities.

"But we choose the person the other has to go after," added Angela with a smirk of her own, holding out a manicured hand. Ryouji grasped the smaller hand and brought it to his lips, placing a light kiss on her knuckles.

"As you wish my lady," he whispered looking at Angela. "Now to decide who will go after who," he murmured not taking his eyes from the girl in front of him. Angela shook her head slightly fighting off the urge to sigh at the romantic gesture.

"Yeah, I've already picked yours," she said pulling her hand from the warm grasp. Ryouji smiled and nodded looking around at the others present, his mind going through the possible candidates.

`Hmm-Joey? No, too dumb. Tristan? Geek! Yugi? Possible…nah too short. Yami? Hmm…maybe, no wait he's gay. Ryou? Cripes the kid would be eaten alive. Malik? Err-psycho, right-forgot.' Ryouji `s eyes quickly passed Marik and Bakura who were sitting at a table with Ryou and Malik trying to stab each other with pencils and fell on a lone figure sitting at a table by themselves. A smile bloomed on the Dungeon Dice creator's face and his eyes lit up. `Perfect.'

"Okay I got yours," he said turning to Angela who gave an exaggerated huff.

"Finally, okay who is it?" she asked.

"Tell me mine first," he replied grinning.

"Fine, asshole," she muttered. "Your `target' is Zoe Dawson," she said with relish, eyes glowing with glee, No guy got to Dawson , not unless she wanted them too and that, in itself, was a rarity.

"Who's that?" Ryouji asked having had no contact with the cheerleader since he had arrived a week and a half earlier. Angela turned the teen to face the table where Zoe was passionately protecting the honour of her tie-died neon pink and orange socks, her orange streaked hair put up in several pony tails and her arms flailing about.

"That, is Zoe Dawson. Now who do I have?" Angela said. Ryouji pulled his gaze from the cheerleader and returned to Angela who waited her hands on her hips.

"Oh yeah, well your `target' is actually going to be a challenge, unlike the one you chose for me," he boasted looking smug as Angela raised a slim brow.

"Well?"

"All right," Ryouji paused and smirked pulling Angela to look at the direction of his chosen `target'. "You have to go after Seto Kaiba, the Dragon Duelist and Ice Prince, himself," he said throwing an arm over Angela's shoulder. "Good luck princess, you'll need it."

Angela snorted and looked closely at her target looking at him from his crown of cinnamon brown locks to his elegant hands. Since he was currently sitting down her perusal was limited, but from what she could see he had broad shoulders, muscular arms and a torso that undoubtedly tapered to slim hips and long legs.

`Hmm he might be a challenge," she thought. `But damn it will be worth it.'

Unknown to the two their entire exchange had been observed and heard by Jade who gave a slight smile as Angela and Ryouji walked away from one another without a glance back.

"Interesting indeed," she murmured before her attention was once again caught by another argument.

"Damnit! You're cheating!" yelled Jo grabbing Joey by his collar and shaking him.

"No I'm not! I don't know what the hell you're talkin' `bout I play fair," said Joey trying to pull out of the brunette's grasp. "Let go you nut!"

At that moment Jo gave a low growl and shifted her grasp from the cloth of Joey's shirt to the blond's neck and began to tighten her grip.

"Ack-help! Can't `reathe…. need….air," Joey gasped clawing at the hands around his neck. Tristan, who had been watching the hot headed pair duel instantly moved to assist his friend and grasped Jo around the waist, lifting her from the ground. At that action Jo, along with everyone watching froze, shock registering on their faces. Suddenly, without warning Jo released Joey and swung her arm back, her elbow colliding painfully with Tristan's jaw.

"Aww-damnit!" cried Tristan releasing the temperamental brunette clasping protective hands on his injured jaw.

"Wha' the'uck wa' tha'? Shit." Jo merely looked at the tall hazel-eyed brunet with narrowed eyes her hands fisted.

"No one touches me without my permission asshole," she seethed, shaking her barely surpressed rage. "Do it again and you won't ever get a hard on geekazoid." Jo turned away and began collecting her cards from the table ignoring the blond and brunet.

"Ya didn't have ta hurt him ya know. He was jus' tryin' to stop you from stranglin' me." Joey said following Jo's example and collecting his cards.

"Fuck off," Jo retorted picking up a face down card. Turning it over she was met with the sight of the Flame Swordsman.

"Hmm, Flame Swordsman huh?"

"Yep, it's my favourite card," Joey said flashing a happy-go-lucky smile. "Kinda fits my personality I think." Jo rolled her eyes at the comment and continued to look at the card in her hand hating to admit that something about the warrior on the card did remind her of her blond roommate. Joey looked at the brunette and smiled to himself.

"So am I gonna get my Swordsman back or have you fallen madly in love with him?" he asked teasingly. Jo frowned and handed the blond the card returning to collecting her cards.

"Hey, this yours?" Joey asked as he picked up an unfamiliar card. "Harpy's Brother eh?"

"Yeah, my personal favourite," Jo murmured.

"Cool, I can see why too," Joey said smiling. "he looks like he's got attitude and can't be messed with, suits you." Joey handed the card to Jo, not noticing the slight colour his comments had brought to her cheeks.

"Well, guess our game was a tie," he murmured as he pocketed his deck.

"Yeah, I guess," Jo replied, her voice unusually soft.

"Well, I'm kinda tired, I didn't get much sleep last night-that bed's brutal. I think I'll head back to the dorm and catch come Z's on Ryouji's bunk while he's out on his date, see ya `round," Joey said turning and walking away, throwing a wave over his shoulder to Jo.

"Yeah, see ya," Jo said still slightly dazed.

Jade watched the exchange her eyes lighting in amusement as her mind began to whirl with ideas. `Hmm this'll be fun," she thought sitting back down and began closing her book and pushing it to the side. Picking up a piece of paper and pencil, she began to scribble furiously in haste to put all her ideas on paper.

"I'll just need to do a few things and maybe I'll have something to occupy me for awhile," she murmured to herself.

A sudden movement at the bookshelves caught Jade's attention and she turned to see who was sulking in the shadows. Adjusting her glasses the brunette shifted her seat and narrowed her eyes once the figure was identified.

"Yami? What's he doing?" she asked herself outloud and continued her surveillance of the teen.

Yami grabbed a random book from the shelf and opened it; however, the Ancient teen's eyes were not on the pages of the book but on a certain blue eyed teen currently sitting alone. Crimson eyes warmed, softening slightly at the sight of Seto biting his lower lip in concentration, a frown marring his brow. Suddenly as if feeling the intensity of the gaze Seto's head snapped up, his expression unguarded showing a slightly exhausted look on the CEO's face. Their gaze met and held as if trying to read each other's thoughts, quickly Yami looked down at the book in his hands breaking the gaze, colour high on his cheeks. Unseen to the Pharaoh, Seto did not immediately pull his eyes away, but instead looked at the spike haired teen with a wistful expression replaced quickly by a hopeless look before he too returned to his previous activity. Unconsciously both heaved simultaneous sighs.

"Well well, that's unexpected," Jade murmured as comprehension dawned. "Maybe I can do something about that too. I'm gonna be busy."

Yugi heaved a sigh and put down his pencil finally completing his work. `Done, no more work,' he thought to himself with a smile resisting the urge to cheer outloud. Yami came back from wherever he had disappeared to and slumped into the chair opposite Yugi, his expression dejected.

"Yami? What's wrong? What happened?" Yugi stared at his counter-part in concern as crimson eyes rose to meet his purple ones. Seeing the concern in his light's eyes Yami gave a smile of reassurance.

"It's nothing to worry about I'm just tired," he lied, smile still in place.

"Oh.Ok," Yugi said smiling widely at his dark half before swiveling his head to look around at the others in the library. "Wow, I thought there would be more students here. I guess not," he muttered.

"Most students avoid the library," a voice chirped behind Yugi startling the small light. Spinning the spike haired teen was met with the sunny smile of Alex who stood behind him. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I just came over to chat since I finished all of my homework." Yugi smiled gestured to a seat, which was gratefully accepted by Alex.

"I just finished mine too," Yugi said patting his closed binder. Alex nodded and smiled.

Silence followed unbroken by the three occupants of the table none of whom knew what to say. Yami threw a look at the table where Seto was sitting and heaved a depressed sigh when he saw that it was presently unoccupied, scanning the library ruby eyes widened before narrowing into slits. There was Seto, in the company of Angela who, in Yami's opinion, was standing closer than absolutely necessary to the tall brunet. Growling possessively the former Pharaoh, currently a spirit reciding in a Millennium Item, pushed back from the table and angrily began collecting his books before storming out of the library. Yugi and Alex looked on in surprise as the usually calm teen temperamentally kicked open the library door and stomped off to an unknown destination.

"Umm…should I be worried about the health and safety of the other students?" Alex asked cautiously breaking the silence with a nervous laugh. Yugi blinked wide confused eyes and looked at the blonde.

"He isn't usually so…emotional. I don't know what could be wrong," he murmured. "But you don't have to worry he wouldn't hurt anyone…usually- I hope." Alex gave a nervous giggle at the comment.

"So how have your been enjoying it here?" she inquired changing the subject.

"Oh, it's been awesome the others have had fun too. This place is fantastic," yugi said enthusiastically. "Although I haven't really found anyone new to duel, only the guys I came with and even then Seto's been too busy to duel with me or Yami." Alex quirked a brow in confusion.

"Duel? You guys take fencing?" Yugi stared at the blonde with a blank expression before his eyes widened in understanding.

"Oh! No I meant Duel Monsters," he said pulling out his deck and setting it on the table. Alex tentatively picked up the cards and looked at them.

"Oh that sort of duel," she said blushing at her misunderstanding. "I know some people who duel." Yugi's face lit up at the prospect of new opponents.

"Who?"

"Well there are some people I've seen dueling in the lunch room and outside, I don't personally know them but I'm sure you'd be able to find them easily enough." Yugi nodded in understanding carefully noting the locations. "And I know for a fact that Jo duels, she was just playing against your blond friend. I don't duel, but from what I've heard Jo is pretty good." Alex smiled finishing.

"You don't duel? Why not?" Yugi asked curiously.

"I've never learned, plus I don't have any cards and my boyf-" Alex's eyes widened before she looked at her watch panic on her face. "Oh no! I was supposed to meet him five minutes ago! Sorry Yugi I gotta go. I'll see ya around." Alex was already half way across the library before Yugi could even say bye, and out before he could even wave.

The short teen sighed and picked up his deck gazing at his favourite card. `Too bad huh," he mentally said to his card before sadly putting his deck back into its holder and gathering his books.

"Too damn bad."

Jade watched as Angela flirted with Seto shamelessly, smiling at the comically confused look on the CEO's face. Turning away for a moment dark eyes fell upon the exiting form of Yugi. Whose shoulders slumped in clear depression.

`Wonder what's wrong with him," she thought. `I'll find out later whatever it is the poor little guy is taking it hard.'

Turning back Jade was just in time to see Angela give the brunet a winning smile before pulling the surprised teen down and placing a kiss on his cheek. Glancing down Jade made a mark on a piece of paper before mumbling, "Angela-one, Ryouji-zero."

Zoe's eyes widened in confusion as the green eyed teen placed a muscled arm around her shoulders and gave her a small smile.

"Okay," she murmured frowning as her hand was taken into a warm grasp. "Look buddy I don't know what you're thinking but can you, like, get away from me?" Duke's eyes widened at the request, unprepared for the obvious rejection, before pulling away from Zoe. Tristan snickered at the sight, stopping when verdant eyes glared at him in annoyance. Ryouji turned his attention back to the orange streaked haired brunette and gave another winning smile.

"So Zoe, got any plans for tonight?" he inquired. Zoe looked up at the tall teen standing too close and sneered, however, before she could open her mouth to tell the pompous male off Tristan interrupted.

"Buzz off Otogi, she obviously doesn't want anything to do with you," spat the tall hazel eyed brunet. "In case you haven't noticed she isn't impressed." Ryouji glared at the hazel eyed young man in annoyance quickly turning to animosity.

"Look Tristan, why don't you make yourself scarce, you're scaring Zoe," he snapped, a sneer firmly in place. Zoe's eyes narrowed flashing in anger at the assumptions of the two males. Gritting her teeth the cheerleader clenched her hands and breathed deeply trying in vain to keep from releasing her temper, however, without success.

"Both of you shut up! Who the hell d'you both think I am? I can decide for myself thank you very much! I don't need you two chauvinist pigs acting like neanderthals deciding anything for me!" Tristan and Ryouji ceased their argument and stared at the female eyes wide.

"I don't want to be near either of you idiots any more than necessary so stay the hell away from me." With that Zoe stormed past the two and out of the library without a backward glance.

"Way to go moron," Ryouji stated before following the disgruntled cheerleader, leaving Tristan alone before he too decided to take his leave.

Jade looked around the library to see if anyone was left and saw no one, surprising since she had not seen her roommates leave the vicinity but was content to sit in the now blessedly silent library. Stacking her papers and picking up a pencil the brunette took a deep breath and closed her eyes in concentration.

Bakura muttered as he walked towards his dorm one simply could not walk down the hallway now a days without being harassed, propositioned, or mistaken for a female and hit on by some idiot mortal. `Damn my hot sexy good looks,' he thought to himself. `Always getting me in trouble.'

"Too bad the trouble I get ain't the one I want," he murmured opening the door and walking in heading for his light's room for a change of clothing. Since no one seemed to be in the dorm he felt it was the best time to take a nice long shower.

"Stupid lights and their damn puppy dog eyes. Damn Ryou, have to be so damn innocent. Damn Marik and his beautiful eyes and hot body," he muttered walking sulkingly towards the bathroom and opening the door without thought still quietly muttering to himself. Due to his silent thoughts Bakura did not notice the foggy image of Marik reflected in the mirror. The Egyptian teen stood wearing nothing but a towel around his slim waist slowly brushing his sand coloured locks, his eyes closed. As Bakura closed the door Marik opened his eyes and was met with the sight of a scowling Bakura, who was beginning to unbutton his shirt. The light's eyes widened, a blush appearing on his dark skin before he opened his mouth and let out a screech.

"Bakura! What the hell're you doing, you perv!" the yell instantly pulled the tomb robber from his thoughts and he became aware of Marik's attire, or lack thereof. A blush appeared across his cheeks as his gaze swept over the disgruntled light. "Dammit `Kura this isn't a free peep show! Get outta here!" yelled the blond pushing the still dazed yami out of the bathroom and slamming the door and turning the lock. Bakura stood unmoving his brain could not seem to function properly and only one thought kept on ricocheting through his mind.

`Marik was only wearing a towel,' the thought was bouncing through his head and the image of the Egyptian permanently etched in his mind. "Oh Ra," Marik opened the door and walked out still wearing only the towel.

"All right it's all yours, next time knock will ya? I might not be decent next time," Marik `s tone was joking and he moved towards the room he shared with Ryou. Bakura watched as the teen walked away with his usual confident, slightly cocky stride slim hips moving with unconscious invitation and natural grace. The tomb robber turned abruptly away from the sight and walked into the bathroom slamming and locking the door before leaning against the wooden surface and clenching his eyes shut.

"Oh Ra tell me I wasn't checking him out," he said to himself. `Anyone but him, gods he's one of my best friends but damn that body. No! Bad Bakura you are not attracted to him." The spirit moaned and slammed his head against the door with a thump.

"I'm in trouble."

Unknown to the tomb robber Marik was not as calm as he appeared to be and was currently lying on his bunk staring sullenly at the ceiling.

`Ra he probably thinks I'm the biggest dork this side of the galaxy,' he thought morosely dosing his eyes and pulling his pillow over his head muffling his scream. `Dammit! I had to go and day dream like a-a lovesick moron.' Another muffled scream was emitted and Marik kicked angrily at the ceiling. `Why? Why did he have to come in and begin to take off his fucking shirt! Damn tease, now I got that image stuck in my head.' Marik pulled the pillow off and stared at the ceiling with wide lavender eyes.

"Oh Ra, I'm falling for him-Shit!"

At another part of the school Ryou sat next to Malik quietly reading a book as the yami worked on his homework.

"This was a great idea, the library was getting a bit crazy," said Ryou smiling as Malik turned to him.

"Crazy how? Our other halves trying to skewer each other with their pencils, the mutt and the psycho chick duking it out or the Pharaoh stalking the Ice Prince?" asked Malik, his tone deadpan. Ryou laughed and closed his book reaching into his locker for a bag of chocolate covered almonds.

"All of the above, including Zoe's tirade on the joys of having tie-dyed socks." He said popping a candy in his mouth and offering the spirit some.

"Actually they were tie-dyed toe socks," corrected Malik taking in a few of the offered sweets and placing them in his mouth smiling as Ryou gave another laugh.

"Oh yes, do forgive me for forgetting," replied Ryou with his delicate accent.

"Forgiven, so how d'you like the school so far?" Malik asked studying the white haired light.

"It's wonderful, I'm enjoying myself greatly," said Ryou eating more of the chocolate covered almonds.

"That's good, actually this place ain't too bad the people are okay as far as mortals go, of course," commented the spirit closing his books and stretching his legs out in front of him,

"Y-yeah," stuttered Ryou turning away. The hesitant tone caught Malik's attention and lavender gray eyes turned sharply to study the light.

"What is it?" he asked his tone serious.

"Nothing serious Malik, don't worry," assured Ryou with a smile. Malik sighed and he continued to watch Ryou, who began to squirm beneath the spirit's gaze.

"Tell me Ryou or I `ll go to'Kura and you know he can be much worse than I am." Ryou cringed at the mention of his dark half, he knew if his yami found out Bakura would over react like he always did with things involving his light.

"All right," he sighed in defeat, slim shoulders slumping. "Promise you won't tell `Kura?" Malik nodded waiting for Ryou to talk to him.

"Well, there's this guy a-and he won't leave me alone," Malik's eyes narrowed in anger and Ryou quickly explained. "He isn't bullying me or anything," he hurriedly assured. "He just keeps on hitting on me and asking me out, even thought I keep on telling him I'm not interested." Malik's expression turned from simple anger to fury, causing the spirit's eyes to darken and Ryou to become slightly afraid for the life of the guy who kept on propositioning him.

"Who is he?" he asked in a dangerous tone.

"Malik please calm down, don't do anything har-" Ryou's plea was abruptly interrupted by a new voice calling out and shakily stood up. Malik following him though his movements were more fluid and graceful.

"Ry, I was looking all over for you babe," said the dark haired teen smiling lecherously at the shorter teen, ignoring the presence of Malik completely.

"H-hello Rick," stammered Ryou unconsciously moving closer to Malik.

"So, babe, pick you up tonight? Promise I'll give you a good time." Rick smiled suggestively at the light, who gave a small whimper of fear and moved even closer to the now fuming Malik.

"I-I-I'm s-sor-sorry R-Rick I h-have plans," stuttered Ryou in a weak voice.

"I'm sure it can be cancelled babe," growled the tall teen grasping Ryou's upper arm tightly. Malik gave a low growl before grabbing the hand that held Ryou and squeezed tightly calling Rick's attention to him.

"Unfortunately it can't be," he said anger infusing the words.

"Who the fuck are you?" Rick demanded letting go of Ryou and turning his eyes on the blond. Malk studied the brunet seeing the obvious muscles bulging under the uniform and guessing the asshole to be a few inches taller than him, and more than a few brain cells shorter than him.

"Your worst nightmare if you don't leave Ryou alone," warned Malik his eyes flashing dangerously his grip still tight on Rick's wrist. The brunet gave a nasty smile and turned pale blue eyes on Ryou, who was now all but hiding behind his blond friend.

"What are you? The whore's pimp? All right I'll pay ya for him how much d'you want for the bitch?" the brunet smiling darkly at the light. Malik gave a feral growl before twisting the wrist in his grasp and punching the smiling teen. Rick stumbled but kept his footing his eyes glaring malevolently at the Egyptian, who stood in front of Ryou rage rolling off of him.

"You asshole, you're gonna pay for that," he spat lunging for the blond and swinging a large fist at Malik, who was able to dodge it but not the first that followed it. Unlike the larger teen Malik slammed into the locker and fell forward, the position quickly taken advantage of the brunet who swung a large foot at Malik's ribs, the thudding sound causing Ryou to cry out. Instantly pale blue eyes swung to him full of menace.

"You slut, d'you honestly think this bastard could actually protect you?" he asked advancing on Ryou, who backed away, dark brown eyes fearful. Without warning Malik's arm shot out and grasped Rick's left arm twisting it painfully behind him and his other arm was clasped around the taller teen's neck in a choking hold.

"You shouldn't turn your back on your enemies, especially enemies like me," he whispered savagely before ramming Rick's head against the lockers and swinging him around, his knee making solid contact with muscled teen's ribs. As Rick fell to his knees, arms hugging his side and blood dripping from a cut over his eye, Malik grasped a handful of his hair and yanked his head up to look him in the eyes.

"Never come near Ryou again if you want to live," he growled eyes blazing with rage. "On second thought moving to a new country might be a good option for you because I promise you if I ever even think of you again I'll hunt your sorry carcass down and rip you to shreds. Understood?" Rick glared up at the blond who gave a demonic smirk. "I sure hope you don't, and if you're lucky I might go after you alone and keep Ryou's brother out of it `cause he can be as bad, if not worse, than I am when it comes to Ryou."

With a growl Rick swung his fist up solidly connecting with Malik's jaw and blood soon welled up from the blond's mouth making Malik's smirk look more horrific. Malik licked the blood off his lips.

"I'd hope you'd say that," he rasped the eye of Horus appearing on his forehead as a dark lavender aura surrounded his form.

"What the fuck?" Rick stumbled away from the glowing figure as a black fog descended around them.

"Malik, please don't do this," pleased Ryou moving towards the dark and placing a hand on his sleeve. "Please Malik, let it go I'm all right, and you're bleeding," the distressed tone of Ryou's voice cut through Malik's anger and he turned stormy violet eyes towards the shorter light, his anger instantly dissipating at the expression on Ryou's face.

"All right," he said "Get out of here before I change my mind, and I do suggest you move to a new school," Rick turned and ran down the hallway, away from the two, his hand clasping his side. "Guess he has some brain cells in there after all," he joked. Ryou threw his arms over the Egyptian spirit and hugged him tightly.

"You jerk, you're all hurt and bleeding now," he murmured into Malik's shirt as the spirit returned the gesture.

"I'll be fine, the asshole's in worse shape, lucky for him I have more control and Bakura ain't here," he commented.

"You're not going to tell him are you?" asked Ryou worried.

"No, I promised and I think I made myself clear to the asshole," commented Malik smiling down at the light.

"Thank you," murmured Ryou smiling gratefully at his friend.

"Just promise to tell me next time someone else does that," Ryou nodded and the two collected their things and made their way back to the dorm, Ryou helping Malik.

Kate looked over her notes and took a deep breath before flipping the switch that turned on the PA system.

"Good afternoon, this announcement is to inform all the students that the yearly masquerade will be taking place. The tentative date is some time during the second week of next month. So I suggest you all get thinking and working on your costumes and remember- Don't tell anyone what you'll be and to make sure to have a great mast for the unmasking, when our identities will be revealed!" With a relieved sigh she switched off the mic and slumped in the chair with relief.

Malik and Ryou stood in the middle of the hallway listening as the announcement finished.

"A masquerade huh? Sounds fun," said Malik with a smirk, ideas for pandemonium running through his head.

"Oh wow! This'll be so fun, we'll get to dress up and no one'll know who's who!" Ryou said excitedly his eyes all but glowing. Malik watched the light and gave a mental sigh.

`Damn, I can't ruin this for him,' he thought sullenly.

Alex and Zoe sat on the couch in their dorm, Tea and Mai sitting across from them, listening attentively as the announcement finished.

"Yes!" exclaimed Zoe jumping up and down. "I knew they wouldn't cancel it, I knew it!" Alex smiled and was lost in her excited thoughts the chatter of the other three fading from her mind.

`What should I be this year? Oooh I can't wait, maybe I can guess who Yugi is." The fact that she was not thinking about her current boyfriend and instead more interested on the new student did not occur to the blonde and she was soon pulled into the conversation with the others.

Angela sat in front of her dresser a look of elation on her face as the announcement finished. Yugi sat across from Yami as the dueled and Tristan watched.

"What was that about?" Tristan turning to Angela with a confused look. Angela looked at the brunet a smile lighting her features.

"That was the announcement for the biggest dance of the school year, the Masquerade," she yelled jumping up and throwing her arms up in the air. "It's bigger than the prom `cause they go all out and everyone totally go wild with their costumes and masks. And everyone gets paired up but they won't know who they're with until the end of the night. Everyone was worried they wouldn't have it this year because its usually earlier in the semester but I guess they're not." Yugi titled his head in thought.

"And you get paired up with someone; everyone gets their number when they come in and they'll have to find their partner and they get to unmask at the last dance. Usually their partner is someone they like, some have even become couples afterward and stay together, of course they'll end up partners again but its still totally awesome," explained Angela with a sigh.

"Who assigns people their number?" wondered Yami outloud.

"No one knows, everyone's tried to find out at one time or another but it's still a mystery to everyone," said Angela with a shrug. "Well I'm going, my date will be waiting," she said moving to the door.

"Remember to get back by curfew," called out Yami as Angela waved and closed the door.

`A masquerade…. Ra please let me be with someone bearable,' thought Yami.

Bakura sat on the couch eating ice cream as the T.V blared thinking about the announcement. `A masquerade, huh?' he thought licking his spoon. `Maybe I can dress as a thief and steal Marik away!' As the thought processed the yami groaned and slammed his head against the headrest.

"No, oh Ra help me," he moaned aloud.

"Help you with what?" asked Marik looking at the white haired spirit a brow raised. The Egyptian was now wearing loose jeans and a black shirt proclaiming `Happy people have something to hide.' "You can't possibly be afraid of a little dance are you?" he teased.

"Fuck off blondy, I don't feel like putting up with you at the moment," snapped Bakura taking another bite of ice cream and meticulously keeping his eyes from straying to the now clothed blond.

"Geez what crawled up your pasty white ass and died?" snarled Marik a scowl on his face. "Just `cause you know no one will be crazy enough to go with you to the dance doesn't mean you have to bitch and moan about it." With that Marik threw a final glare and stalked back to the room he shared with Ryou, unaware that Bakura's gaze was fixed on his butt as the Egyptian disappeared from sight Bakura gave another sigh and resisted the urge to throw the glass he held at the T.V.

Jade watched the exchange in the bemusement resisting the urge to laugh at the two. The announcement had not come as a surprised to her since she has heard Kate talking to Richard, the student body VP about the masquerade. The announcement merely gave her the deadline to work for that was just fine to her considering she already had ideas brewing and subjects to work on.

The blond laid on his side, his mouth open slightly as he slept soundly, the sound of the PA going unnoticed. Joey gave an untimely snort and twisted around his mumblings the only sound as the announcement ended.

"But mommy I can't tango…. ask the kuriboh to dance with Yugi," he mumbled incoherently, his leg twitching.

Seto titled his head a slim brow rising at the announcement. `A masquerade? What the hell are these people thinking?' he thought to himself a sneer pulling at his lips. The brunet gave derisive snort before turning back to typing on the computer.

"Stupid social events," he muttered in disgust.

Jo sneered as the announcement finished and shot the ball at the hoop, calmly retrieving the basketball as it bounced under the net.

"Great another masque-frickin-rade," she said to herself in disgust. "Stinkin' dance always so fuckin' shitty." The brunette dribbled the ball easily and took another shot the familiar sound of the ball going in bringing a small amount of satisfaction.

To be continued…

Pheonix: Yes! Go us! Chapter 3 is done! …Well actually I didn't do anything Wolf did it all *hangs head in shame*

Wolf: *bows* thank you, thank you…but I ain't the one to type

Pheonix: typing is fun! EEEEEEEEEEEE *bounces off walls *

Joey: Ok, who gave her the sugar?

Wolf: Wasn't me

Malik: Don't look at me

Bakura: *whistles and looks around *

Pheonix: *giggles * sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar

Wolf: Hmm…and here I thought Yugi was crazy

Pheonix: I AM NOT CRAZY!

Seto: *mumbles * just a bit mentally unstable

Ryou: Seto…that wasn't very nice

Wolf: Wasn't nice…but was true

Pheonix: You hate me! *eyes tear up * you guys are mean!

Seto: I only call it like I see it

Ryou: Seto! Look your making her cry

Joey: Kaiba that was cruel

Seto: *rolls eyes * yeah sure make me the bad guy

Wolf: gentlemen please no more argument

*Bakura and Malik snicker *

Joey: What are you two freaks laughing at?

Malik: *smiles and flashes big innocent eyes * nothing

Bakura: Nothing at all *smiles *

Ryou: Bakura…*opens closet and Yami falls out tied up with duct tape over his mouth* Bakura! *gasp *

Bakura: Yes? *looks at Ryou innocently *

Yami: mmmph mmppphhhph

Wolf: *blink blink * I would reprimand them for their actions but Yami doesn't work for me so it doesn't really matter

Yami: *eyes go wide * mmmmphphmmmhph!!

Pheonix: *giggles * poor yami, oh well

Malik: Hey…I wonder how fast leather melts? *takes out matches *

Bakura: me too *smirks evilly *

Ryou: Malik! Gimme those! *tries to grab matches *

Wolf: Guys! No more burnings! Remember what happened with Mako? And Espa?! Poor little guy was traumatized

Pheonix: Espa! My little psychic cutie…*sniff sniff *

Malik: He wasn't traumatized

Bakura: Yeah! …ok forget the fact his hair was singed and he may never duel again …but he was ok

Ryou: You torched his deck!

Malik: So it wasn't like he was a good duelist anyways

Pheonix: *gasp *

Wolf: No more fires guys, I'm serious…no fire or pixie stix

Ryou: What are we gonna do with them?

Seto: Freaks…I'm surrounded by freaks

Pheonix: Oy…please just read and review!

Yami: MMMPHPHMMPHMMPPPHMMMMPH!

Joey: See ya in the next chapter! *smiles and waves *