Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Rainy Day Knight ❯ Bad Day ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Well, now I've got to say that the Prologue has basically nothing to do with the story so it will probably get removed. By the way, this is one of those request fics I'm doing for a friend of mine shadowbakura.

Chapter 5-Bad Day


After the duel, I walked away from the busy, bustling crowds as I made my way away from Battle City. I mean, I lost so why should I stay? I spent most of that day just walking around and observing other people's duels. Some of them were pretty pathetic and I had a few good laughs here and there.

Since I got booted in the first round and found myself subject to my own stupidity, I figured I'd think about how to improve my deck. I walked over to the water fountain and sat there, going through my cards and eliminating any cards I thought were obsolete.

Time seemed to pass by so quick, though I felt I had done nothing today. All I did was walk around and stop at a restaurant for a couple of bites to eat.

I flipped through my deck and I could see a small crystalline raindrop hit the face of my Sword Arm of Dragon.

"Ahhhh..." I whined in my usual manner. "Not rain!!"

How I hated rain, all it did was make you cold, wet and sick. I slipped my deck into my pocket and ducked into a nearby building, I opened the door and casually strolled in a small restaurant. I looked at the room, which was speckled with people, a few here and there. Most of them were either old enough to be my parents or little kids,

** Great...** I thought to myself. ** Just what I need, a bunch of annoying little kids who pull your hair, mess with your dueling cards and ask a million questions. **

I sighed to myself. This was going to be a long day of torture.

The rain began to beat down in a hard, steady pace. The only escape was if I wanted to go back out in the rain and get drenched. Now I have to put up with hair pulling munchkins and ear pulling old people.

I walked over to one of the seats by the window and put one elbow on the table, looking out of the window and watching the few people who were out duck into buildings and run under things for protection against the elements.

A few people were walking around with umbrellas and newspapers over their heads. Some dashed by with nothing, flailing their arms in the air as they raced through the rain like idiots. I chuckled silently to myself as I saw them.

The lightening flashed in the gray skies and some of the people in the building flinched and gasped. The storm seemed rather violent at times. I could gradually feel my eyes getting heavy as I seemed to zone out while I stared at the rain falling and listened to it's gentle patter on the ground and rooftop of the old restaurant.

Suddenly, just as I was dozing off a bright flash of lightning and a piercing sound of thunder raced through Battle City and all was consumed in darkness. I nearly fell out of the chair in surprise and I could feel the fairs on my neck raise straight up into the air.

Everyone was in a bit of confusion. I could hear the voices.

"The power's off!"

"When do you think it'll be back on?"

"Who knows?"

"How are we supposed to run this place without electricity?"

"You've got me there."

"Oh great, the power's gone out too, can anything else get worse?" I asked myself. "Oh well, might as well go to sleep.."

I crossed my arms on the cold, hard tabletop and sunk my head down in them and began to close my eyes. Like hell if I was going out in the rain just because they had no electricity.

Suddenly, I could feel something clench my leg.

"I'm scared." Their little voice trembled.

I began to grumble to myself. The annoying munchkin already made it's way over to me. I decided to ignore the kids as he clutched my leg for comfort. I sat there in the darkness, the little boy clutching my leg waiting for the storm to lift and the light of the rays of the sun to shine through, brightening my day.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*

R&R!! This is way longer then the last chapter! Thanks for reviewing me in advance!!