Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Rainy Day Knight ❯ Life's Lessons ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, here I go with chapter 10. This fic is looking up! ^_~ Sorry for not updating soon, I’ve been busy at school with assignments and such. We’re finally getting into the adventure part of the story, which is good. There are so many Yu-Gi-Oh romance stories out there, so I decided for an adventure/AU with a character that gets so little respect, Ryuuzaki Dinosaur.

Well, here’s chapter 10, enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Chapter 10-Life’s Lessons

 

I walked over the fields and down the road. How far away was this place anyway? I pulled out my map and looked at the faded and poorly drawn line. I had a long way to go...

 

I gave a tired huff to myself as I walked on. This was a most unmemorable event.

 

I walked on and on, I have no idea where I was going, or even how long I had been walking. Why me? I mean, anyone but me. So far, I’ve been the most unlucky guy in the world...I’ve had to eat nasty cereal, I’ve ran into every object imaginable, I’ve fell in/on things, I dumped too much cologne on myself and I run into this whacked out guy who tells me that I have to return a necklace to some woman called “Lady Luck”, and I have this poorly drawn map to follow.

 

I hate my life...

 

On top of all of that, I’ve lost the Battle City duel and I lost at Duelist Kingdom...Do I ask too much to win at least one duel?...Perhaps get in the top 5....Maybe....Ah, I get no luck...And now My Serpent Knight Dragon is in the hands of that psychic phony, Espa Roba and his circus freak brothers. I can’t believe I was cheated out of my favorite card not once, but twice...First, my Red Eyes Black Dragon was taken away by that freak Jou...and now this...

 

Why can’t I ever have a good day?

 

 

Or maybe I’m beginning to learn life’s lessons...

 

Lesson 1: Life isn’t fair.

 

This lesson has been proven to me many a time. For example the duel. I lost my favorite cards and several duels and I never came out on the top 20 at least...At Battle City, I loose the first duel I enter...

 

Also I get stuck in a restaurant with some whining kids, a freak named Sakamoto and no electricity. Also, it’s why I’m on this stupid mission...Man, I’m gullible...

 

Lesson 2: You Don’t Always get what you want.

 

Yeah, yeah...The fact that I got my cards taken away from me could vouch for this lesson. Some of the events that I have mentioned previously go along with this as well. I could practically write a novel on how things have almost never went my way.

 

This is pathetic.

 

Usually some things will go my way, then completely backfire on me. I’ll get far enough to get into the Duelist Kingdom Championship, then lose not too far into the battle.

 

Plus, I was stuck in that restaurant with an impertinent little child...How I hate kids..

Lesson 3: Take what life throws at you.

 

I’ve been doing this one so far. Just rolling with whatever life hits me with, no matter how reluctantly I’ve been taking it as of lately.

 

This just isn’t the day (or any day for that matter) For Ryuuzaki Dinosaur. At times like this, I wish I was a shoe sales man. I would’ve had a lot less hassle in my life if I just could’ve stuck to some more conventional job instead of a leisurely one such as this.

 

It seems that not matter what happens to me, I’ve remained just standing back there and taking whatever comes at me. Whether it’s good or bad, I still lay back and wait for whatever comes at me.

 

All in all, I’m too damn soft...

 

********************************* END OF LESSONS***************************************

 

Well , so far those life’s lessons seem to be proving right. That’s just my luck right there. Things don’t always go anyone’s way, and life isn’t fair in general. People always say that “life’s a bitch, so get over it” It’s kind of hard to get over it sometimes.

 

This is the reason people go into depression and are homeless on the street. It’s the number one reason that people end up committing suicide. Yeah, so my theory stands.

 

************************************************************* ****************

 

Well, here I go into the unknown. I’m still walking down this darkened road. The sky is a multitude of colors: reds, purples, blues and yellows. The clouds seemed darkened against the brilliant sky.

 

I looked up and let the gentle breeze flow through my hair.

 

It’s so hot outside.

 

I’m going to have to get some rest pretty soon. I’ve been walking and walking and it seems like it will never end. I pulled out my map again, glancing at it occasionally to check my position, though I have no idea how you can pinpoint your location on something that looks like a 4 year old had drawn.

 

The road is long and winding and the journey, no doubt would be rough. Carrying this heavy bag all this way sure can build the back muscles...Or rather break your back. I shouldn’t have packed so much stuff. I think I even packed some things I didn’t need. You know how some people can get when they over pack.

 

Through all of my continuous whining and griping....I had forgotten one thing....

 

How am I supposed to eat with no money?

 

Damn it, this sucks like hell. what am I supposed to do with no money. I mean, sure I had food that I had packed, but that only lasts so long. Besides, what if I need something else, like clothing or medical supplies? What if I need to pay a toll or pay someone money to get something that’s needed for the journey. Knowing my luck, that Sakamoto guy is going to try and swindle me into paying for something.

 

Well, all I can do is try and get through one night roughing it by myself.

 

Well, no more lessons as of yet, though I’ll probably find more to note out.

 

Guess I’d better head over to this little village ahead of me...Well, I’m going to see if I can find somewhere to stay for the night.

 

....If only things were normal again...

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

There’s the end of chapter. I’ve lost some fans...T_T Damn, that really sucks...Anyway, please R&R if you even take time to read this. I’d really like reviews of someone besides all of my unsigned reviews from my friends.

 

Some of the anonymous reviews aren’t my friends, but still, please R&R!