Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Rainy Day Knight ❯ A Restful End ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, here is chapter 11. I've been updating , though it is slow. Well, this is going into the next to last chapter of my little Rex fic. I hope you all have been enjoying it.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Rainy Day Knight
 
Chapter 11: A Restful End
 
As I walked into the village, I tried to seek shelter in other's houses. They all had the same remark.
 
“Get out!”
 
With a footprint on my butt, and a few harsh words, I was turned away from all available shelter or at least I thought......
 
As I walked along the dreary town, things didn't seem to get any better.
 
I cast a gaze at all that was around me. The dull, drab buildings and gray skies all around me. It was an eerie and strange place that seemed almost inactive. If it weren't for a few wandering people in the streets, I would have thought it to be some sort of ghost town.
 
Suddenly, I heard a sort of loud clasp of thunder.
 
Not this again....not....Rain.....
 
I pulled my bag promptly over my head and ran for the hills. I didn't know where to go, but my instincts told me one thing: I had to get dry.
 
I ran through the streets, as fast as my short, stubby legs would take me.
 
I hate rain. I hate rain. I hate rain. I. Hate. Rain.
 
How I hate rain!!!
 
I saw what seemed to be a large castle, almost like the one I had encountered before, in Pegusus' Duelist Kingdom tournament. I had no choice but to run for it.
 
I ran up the bridge and came to a huge door, accompanied by two guards. One of the guards grabbed me painfully by the shoulder and jerked me back.
 
“Who are you and what is your business here?”
 
“Huh?” I stared wide eyed at them. “I was getting out of the rain.”
 
“You aren't permitted to go in there without proper authority.” The second guard's monotone voice sounded.
 
“Stop where you are guards.” A voice rang.
 
“Sakamoto?!”
 
“I have invited him here to return the locket to Lady Luck. The fate of the world depends on it!”
 
“Hey!” I shouted at Sakamoto, “Why don't you tell me what the hell this necklace is, and why it has so much significance in world affairs?”
 
“The necklace is a powerful entity, more so then the Sennen Items, it too, was found in the tomb of a pharaoh, but long ago, the Pharaoh was corrupt and used the necklace to nearly wipe out the civilization of Egypt. This is why we need the necklace back.” Sakamoto replied. “We also want it because of it's curse.”
 
“It's curse?”
 
“Yes,” Sakamoto replied further. “The curse of some of the most wretched luck “
 
“So that explains it.”
 
“You had picked up the necklace, so I followed you to make sure it got returned to our Lady Luck.” Sakamoto replied.
 
“So, where is this Lady Luck?” I asked.
 
Surely I get to see this lady, after I saved so many people.
 
“Come in, Rainy Day Knight.” Sakamoto courteously half bowed and led me inside of the castle.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*
 
 
******** Random Life Lessons *******
 
Lesson 1: Expect the Unexpected
 
I've done this. I never expected to loose Battle City, the first round even! I never expected to find a necklace that caused extremely bad luck. I never expected I'd meet this ghost-like business man named Sakamoto and this “Lady Luck”.
 
Lesson 2:Good Things Come to Those Who Wait
 
It seems my bad luck is changing. I've waited, and waited and waited...They damn sure better become better.
 
Lesson 3: Never Give Up!
 
Because of my persistence and perseverance, I've accomplished many things. I don't know HOW I get myself into these predicaments, but, mumbling and groaning all the way, I finally did it. I came to my goal and it's fixing to pay off!
 
Lesson 4: Follow Your Intuition
 
I don't exactly know what's going on, or why I'm here. I don't know why this weirdo is calling me `Rainy Day Knight'. I don't know who Lady Luck is, and I don't know why they even chose me and why they even trusted me, a complete stranger with this necklace that is supposed to be so special.
 
**************** END OF LIFE LESSONS # 2 ******************
 
I walked into the castle, uncertain of what was to happen next and leery that it may be a trap.
 
My mind could only think of the possibilities.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Ok, this is almost the last chapter. This chapter is short, but I can't write too much into it. I'm basically bringing it all down to an end. Sorry for the shortness and I'm glad to all who read.
 
Thanks to my fans, every one of you. I'm very glad and honored that you all reviewed and made this fanfic have soaring reviews over 100. You guys are the best and thanks for all of the wonderful support.
 
I'm still working on another YGO fic, actually 2 of them. One of them is called `Crush' and the other is called `Puppy Love' Crush is a funny Joey/OC fic and `Puppy Love' is a Yugi/Anzu fic, it's also another popular fic of mine with 132 reviews and coutning.
 
Please read some of my other fanfics. I also write fanfics for Inuyasha and Mario Brothers. If you want to join a mailing list for updates on my fics go to my author page and go to the second link.
 
I used Japanese names for this fic and it is an AU with one of the minor characters of Yu-Gi-Oh, Rex (Ryuuzaki Dinosaur ) Raptor. Not many people are fond of Rex, but he happens to be one of my favorite characters in all of YGO. I also think he's slightly bishounen and his blushing around Mai is cute as well.
 
Anyway, to get to the point please R&R and tell me what you think.
 
Remember, I've got one more chapter to go!!!
 
R&R and make me happy!