Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Reality Twist ❯ Prelude ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I only own the plot, `kay? Blah…blah…blah…blah…if you don't know the rest… you must be a newbie… (That's okay, I was once too)

A/N: Okay, I think this is one of my best ideas ever! I love this one… so please don't flame me, only give suggestions on how to improve. IF it confuses you… good! I kinda want it to be that way… (And then again, only those that read the A/N will know about that… how many read these again?) Anyway… on with the show! (Story, sorry)

Prelude

"So Pharaoh, let's dance!" she yelled and jumped off the edge of the dock into the air, "I summon Giant Sea Snake!"

"I don't want to do this with you!" Yami yelled and jumped off the edge into the air as well as the Sea Snake attacked, "Feral Imp, protect me!" He couldn't do this, he couldn't fight with her.

"You abandoned me and now I shall destroy you, Great FALSE Pharaoh… Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress!" she cried, summoning another monster to the field. She wasn't herself; she was being manipulated by Bakura!

"I never abandoned you! You gave your life willingly so I could live!" he shouted, raising a Stone Soldier to protect him. He couldn't fight her, he just couldn't.

"Then how come I'm back? How come I've returned? Was my sacrifice not good enough for you, so now I've now come back to do it again?" she asked. I landed back on the pier platform. Why wasn't she listening?

"Isn't there anything we can do to help Yami?" Yugi asked, looking over at Isis.

"I'm afraid not. Priestess Katiana's so deeply manipulated she cannot be brought out of her trance…" she began.

"Unless…?" Yugi pressed.

"Unless the pharaoh kills her with his own hands; she will not see the truth…" Isis said.

"NO!" Yugi cried as he looked on. Katiana was still in midair and Yami resided on the dock.

"ANATSU!" she summoned to the field and a dozen daggers came at Yami. He dodged some, left, right, left, duck…

"AHH!" Yami let out a hiss as one struck his side. Blood dripped from the wound.

"Getting worse, eh?" Katiana taunted.

"I love you, why won't you listen?" he asked, "Are you that blinded?"

"Bakura told me the truth, you were just using me. You never loved me, and for five millennia I did. I'm not going to be that foolish again," she said.

"Dark Magician!" he summoned to the field.

"Strongest already? How pathetic," she snapped. Yami stole a glance at the dock. Yugi and the others were okay, that was good.

"I don't wish to fight you!" he yelled.

"Then give up and die! Pay the price I did for you… DIE!" she yelled back.

"Katiana, you must remember… I love you! I've never stopped loving you!" Yami cried.

"I love you? How dare you say that! How dare you! Why the hell was I brought back? Am I supposed to die for you again?" Katiana screamed at me.

"No, live for me… be with me…" he begged her. She ignored him and summoned a sword to her hands.

"There's no way you can be sincere. How can I trust you if you never loved me? I DIED for you, wasted my life so I could be with you. You want me to be happy? You want me to TRUST you? THEN DIE YAMI!" she yelled, "JUST DIE!" He couldn't fight against her. He wasn't going to be able to kill her. He couldn't do it. It was impossible. He knelt down on the dock and looked up at her.

"Then take my life Katiana," he said.

"NO! YAMI!" Yugi cried from the edge of the dock, but Yami ignored his cry. Katiana had a smile escape from her lips and she charged forward from the air.

"I'm sorry Yugi," he whispered, "I'm sorry Katiana. I can't fight you, and I don't know how to save you. I hope this brings you peace…"

A/N: Like it? Hate it? Wish I didn't leave a cliff hanger? Wish the cliffhanger hadn't been so predictable? (Well, trust me… if you thought it was predictable, tell me what you think will happen next chapter… and then you can throw it out the window, I guarantee it… (Unless someone thinks with my kind of mind… that's scary… if they did…))

Well… read and review… and if the flames have to come out of your little fingers onto a review… please keep all FLAMES RATED G-PG please!

Let me know if you want more!

(If you know of a better title, please inform me of your suggestions…)