Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Curses ❯ Losing Control ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Returning Curses

Chapter 4: Losing Control

Yugi was sleeping in bed when the sun started to rise. I'm glad it's summer vacation, now I can sleep in as much as I want. he thought in his sleep.

"Yugi! Wake up! You promised to look after the shop today while I go and run some errands!"

Yugi groaned. He had forgotten that this was the day that he was responsible for the shop. He slowly sat up and instictively grabbed his Puzzle. But before putting it on, he hid everything he remembered about last night deep in his mind where Yami couldn't find it.

//You seem tired Yugi. Did something happen last night?// asked Yami when Yugi put on the puzzle.

/No, nothing/

//Are you sure//

/Yes, I was just here sleeping in my bed/

//Okay. If you're sure.//

Yugi walked downstairs to find his grandpa, Solomon, sitting at the table, writing a list.

"What's the list for, grandpa?" Yugi asked.

Solomon wrote a few more things down, and handed the list to Yugi. "This is a list of things you'll need to do today while I'm gone." he replied.

"Okay, I can handle these." said Yugi as he looked over the list.

"You don't need to do these in any order, just make sure they get done."

"Okay, I can do that. Bye grandpa!" he said as Solomon made his way out the door.

"I'll see you in a few hours, okay Yugi?"

"Okay."

//How are we supposed to get all these done?// asked Yami.

/Some of these are simple. For instance, this one says 'Keep Kaiba away from the shop'. That's easy enough./

Yami laughed. //Funny too! I'm guessing your grandpa never forgave Kaiba for the Blue Eyes incident?//

/Nope. Never did./

//Hey, Yugi, did...//

/Huh? Yami?/ Yugi frowned. Yami had suddenly disappeared.

//...//

/Yami, if this is a joke.../

//...//

/Yami?/

//...//

/YAMI?!/

//...//

Where did Yami go?

Yugi suddenly felt like he was tingling all over. It's as if... some one was taking control of my mind...

/Yami?/

Yami doesn't take control unexpectantly... something must be wrong...

Yugi whimpered in fright. It's not Yami, it's someone else! he realised.

/YAMI! HELP!/

The world around Yugi suddenly was covered in a swirling red mist.

/YAMI!!!/

--------------

Ooohh! The suspense is building up! Please review!!!

If you must know,

// = Yami to Hikari

/ = Hikari to Yami