Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Curses ❯ Bakura's Testimony ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Returning Curses

Chapter 3: Bakura's Testimony

"Oh great. How am I ever going to find Bakura?" Yugi muttered to himself. He continued to search for the tomb robber who might be able to give him the answers he needed.

Yugi kept an eye out for any moving shadows around him. The tomb robber could be lurking anywhere.

---

A shadow moved about a block behind Yugi. He was too busy looking around in front of him to notice it. He didn't even notice the pair of chocolate brown eyes peering out at him through the darkness.

---

Yugi stopped and listened. All he heard was the wind rustling through the trees. It's quiet. Too quiet.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" Yugi screamed as two long arms grabbed him and pulled him into the alleyway.

"You shouldn't be roaming the streets this late at night, Yugi." muttered a voice in his ear.

Yugi sighed in relief. He recognized the voice. It's just Bakura. He had found him. Or did he find me?

"You draw too much attention to yourself with a scream like that." Bakura pointed out.

"Hey! How would you feel if someone grabbed you in the dark?" Yugi complained.

Bakura gave a hollow laugh. "I almost didn't recognise you. I've never seen you without your Millennium Puzzle around your neck... Well, I have when Malik took control of Bandit Keith and had your Puzzle nailed to the dueling arena... Where's your Millennium Puzzle, anyway?"

"Long story."

"What are you doing out here this late anyway?"

"Looking for you."

"Why?"

"I need you to answer some questions for me." said Yugi impatiently.

Bakura narrowed his eyes. "What kind of questions?"

"About five thousand years ago, in Egypt."

"Why don't you ask the pharaoh?"

"Because, it's one of his memories, and he doesn't remember it." Yugi replied.

"You've completely lost me Yugi."

Yugi sighed. "For some reason one of his memories came to me and not him, so I need to ask you because you were there."

"That makes sense... I think." Bakura replied uncertainly.

"I'll just get to the point. Were you, Yami and your friend, Aniu, ever chased by some sort of evil priest?" Yugi asked.

"Yes..."

"Did he try to perform some sort of curse on Yami?"

"Now that you mention it, yes, he did. How did you know?" questioned Bakura.

"I had a dream about it." said Yugi.

"Oh, me and Aniu stopped him from completing the curse."

"What curse was it?" demanded Yugi.

"I don't know, we didn't hear the whole thing. Yami did. I think he recognised it, but he forgot all about it. He didn't remember a single thing about it after. That part of his memory has always been blank." said Bakura.

Yugi groaned. "At least I know it wasn't a dream."

"I guess. You should get back home before anyone notices you're gone."

Yugi sighed. "You're right, I'd better... Hey, wait! What are you doing out here this late?"

"Mugging unsuspecting citizens."

Yugi sweatdropped. "Right... Listen, I don't have any cash on me. Sorry. See you later Bakura."

"Sure. Bye Yugi."

Yugi ran home to ponder about what he had just heard.

---

Yugi yawned and climbed into his bed. His alarm clock now read 5:00. He was so tired that he forgot to take off his clothes. He thought about one last thing before sleeping. What was that curse supposed to do to Yami?

------------

Sorry for the long chapter ^_^;; I just couldn't fit all my ideas in such a short space. REVIEW!