Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Returning Curses ❯ Stolen Items ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Returning Curses

Chapter 13: Stolen Items

Yugi collapsed on a park bench. He had been searching the city all day, but he hadn't seen anyone with eyes that even remotely resembled red, much less bright and glowing.

"Yugi! Hey, how'd it go?" Ryou called.

Yugi spun around and saw Ryou running up to him. Ryou sat down beside Yugi and panted heavily. "Any luck, Yugi?"

Yugi shook his head. "None. Whoever this priest is, he covers himself well. You?"

"Same." groaned Ryou. "Nothing. I was hoping that YOU had found him. This isn't good. If we can't find him, you'll be under his control forever!"

Yugi sighed. "Don't remind me. I never realized this would be so hard!"

"Ugh."

"Yugi! Bakura! I was beginning to think I'd never find you!" Yugi and Ryou jumped and turned around. Malik Ishtar was leaning against the back of the bench.

"Malik! We saw your sister at the museum, and... what happened to you?" Yugi asked, noticing that Malik looked slightly traumitized.

"Someone stole my rod."

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah, I was walking through town yesterday, and something jumped on the back of my head and knocked me out. Then when I woke up, my rod was missing!"

"WHAT?!"

"Will you two stop saying that?"

"Sorry Malik, but it's kind of hard to believe." Ryou apologized.

"I know."

"Maybe it has to do with our present situation!"

"...What?"

*

Unknown to the three boys, a black cat jumped into the bush opposite the bench they were sitting on.

The cat looked at his prize, the item he had stolen from a boy the day before.

~With this, I'll be able to control more than just Yugi's mind!~

*

"An evil maniac can take over Yugi's mind with some sort of red mist?"

"That's basically it."

"Well, with my rod, he can take over more than just Yugi's mind!" Malik exclaimed. "Assuming he can work it, of course." he added.

"You mean, only certain people can use it?" Yugi asked.

"No, I mean that not everyone knows how to use a Millennium Item."

"Oh."

*

The black cat placed its paws on the tip of the rod, and looked through the bushes.

~Perfect! Yugi, Bakura, and the kid I stole the item from! Let's see how much you like being controlled by your own rod, kid!~

The black cat had just started activating the rod, when a hissing behind him made him spin around. He met a pair of bright blue eyes.

~NO! NOT YOU!~

The black cat darted out from the bush, the rod forgotten.

~I must run! Run before she catches me!~

*

"Whoa!" exclaimed Yugi as a black cat shot past them. "What happened to the cat?"

"Probably met a dog is all." Malik sighed. "I only wish I could find my..." Malik was interuppted by a sound from the bushes.

The Millennium Rod rolled out of the bushes, pushed by a beautiful cat.

"My rod!" cried Malik, grabbing his item. Yugi, however, was examining the cat that had pushed the rod out of the bushes.

The cat had short, silky white hair all over its body, and its eyes were a crystal blue. Most cats with white hair and blue eyes are oddly deaf. This one wasn't.

Yugi reached to pet the cat, but it dodged and jumped onto the bench, and sat staring at Yugi, Ryou, and Malik.

"Looks like the cat found my rod! Maybe the thief hid it in the bush to come back for it later." Malik grinned, happy to have his treasure back.

Yugi squinted up at the setting sun. "It's getting late. We should all go home."

Malik and Ryou nodded in agreement.

The three split up and started home, when Yugi remembered something.

"Malik, did you have your rod at the museum earlier today?"

Malik frowned. "No. It was stolen yesterday. How could it have been at the museum?"

Yugi and Ryou exchanged glances.

"It was probably Shadi..." Ryou started.

Malik shook his head. "He didn't come with us."

"We'd better discuss this tomorrow. I've got to get home before my grandpa starts worrying about me." Yugi sighed.

"Sure."

"Bye, Yugi!"

All three boys left, leaving the white cat sitting on the bench. It was looking in the direction Yugi had taken.

<Solve this mystery soon, Yugi! A lot more than just your life is at stake! And remember, I will protect and help you in anyway I can!>

The cat lept off the bench and trotted off towards the way Yugi had just left.

*****

Well, a few new characters now... I probably won't add in any more.

For all of you who watch Sailor Moon, the cats are a coincidence. No copyright infringement intended. Take that, lawyers! You can't frame anything on me! So there! Nyah! =P

Oh yeah, and please review.