Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ryou Bakura: Time Master! ❯ Heading home for a short Break ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, Final Fantasy, or Megaman. I wish I did, because they're all such great titles, but only Takahashi, SquareSoft, and Capcom can own them.
 
Ryou, Malik, and Yugi waited in the living room as Sami and both Bakuras were fixing up the machine Sami would need to use to send everyone back. Basch was in the kitchen, trying to figure out which beverage he'd like, and Forte was remaining stationary, awaiting an order. When the sphere was installed, and lights began to flicker on, Sami walked over to Ryou.
 
“This will send you directly back to where you were before you left, with your machine still in tact,” Sami told him, as the older Bakura was looking over the controls, “But the sphere only has enough power to drop you off in one time zone. You will need to take that man with you.” Ryou looked to where Sami was pointing and realized she meant Basch. He nodded and returned his gaze to her.
 
“That'll be fine. We can take him back from there,” Ryou replied. Sami gave him a suspicious look, and then beckoned for Forte to come. He obeyed.
 
“Forte, I would like you to accompany them until they're safely in their time,” Sami said, and Forte saluted.
 
“At your command, Lady Winchester,” he replied. Malik, of course, protested.
 
“What!? No, we are NOT taking him with us!” Malik cried, “He's a reploid! For all we know, he might be what starts the cataclysm!” Sami, of course, simply perked an eyebrow, amused that Malik would hate this idea so much. However, it was the older Bakura that spoke, and he wasn't in the mood to be argued with.
 
“Yes you are. Forte proved to be a reliable ally by taking us to my wife,” he said, narrowing his eyes dangerously, “If she rebuilt him, he's a good guy. Now, if you really want to get argumentative, then by all means, go ahead and try. My ring is itching to banish something.” Only the other Bakura smiled as he heard this. Ryou and Yugi gasped in worry, knowing full well either Bakura would banish whatever they wanted, and Malik's skin paled considerably. Sami grabbed the older Bakura's arm to hold him back.
 
“Bakura!” she scolded, and snatched his ring away, “Do that and I'll banish you.” Everyone snickered, because the older Bakura's hair flattened in defeat. He knew Sami always backed up her threats. When he didn't speak, Sami turned to Forte and said, “Before you leave, I need to take the Safeguard off of you. I won't be there, and you won't take orders from my younger self, so you need to make your own decisions.” Forte nodded, and turned around so Sami could open up a compartment in his back. She pulled out a chip of some sort, fiddled with it, and then put it back inside, closing the compartment up. When Forte's eyes flashed, Yugi backed away.
 
“Isn't that dangerous?” Yugi asked, as Forte began to process without the safeguard, “What if he goes berserk and tries to kill one of us?” Sami chuckled and shook her head.
 
“That won't happen,” she replied confidently, “I hardwired Forte myself. Every piece of wire, every part, and every chip in him before was incinerated either by the Cataclysm or by my own hand. There's nothing in here that should break down. And even if there was, it's easy enough for myself in your time to fix.” That calmed Yugi down, as Forte's eyes stopped glowing. He turned to Sami, and smirked.
 
“So, I guess this means I won't have to follow every command you give me?” he asked, and Ryou noticed a severe change in his speech and personality, “Sweet! So, if I wanted, I could blow something to pieces?” Forte had gone from being an obedient servant to a rebellious teenager in just a few minutes. The older Bakura found this amusing, but Sami didn't. She gave Forte a very stern look.
 
“Don't push it,” she said, “I took that safeguard out, but I can put it right back in, too. Now, you'll do whatever you can to help them, then return directly to me. Understand? Forte? Forte! FORTE!!” Obviously, with his new personality, Forte decided listening to Sami was for chumps as he looked at the machine.
 
“Can we go? I want to see what the past looks like before mom blows a gasket and disables my personality again,” Forte said, as Malik and Yugi walked over. Ryou looked a bit freaked out by whatever was going on with Forte, and Sami heaved a heavy, and warranted sigh.
 
“Fine, but at least report to me when they get back,” Sami finally said, exasperated. She began to feel that what she'd done to Forte was a mistake. She beckoned for Ryou to join his friends, and Basch came in as well. Bakura was the last to join, as he said goodbye to his future self… by way of having a sort of mind duel, and losing. He stalked back miserably as his older self smirked and joined Sami. Sami pressed a few buttons on the control panel, and the machine lit up. A portal formed in front of Ryou, and he knew this was what would take him home. He turned back and waved to Sami.
 
“Thank you for everything, Sami,” he said, “I'll make sure that whatever happened doesn't happen again, so you both can be happy.” Sami tilted her head, trying to figure out who “you both” actually was as everyone except for Ryou slipped through the portal. But she nodded and signaled for him to get moving. Taking a deep breath, Ryou stepped through the portal as well, and saw that at first, Sami's living room simply seemed to be distorted, and then it faded altogether, leaving nothing but blurs of color as they were being thrown through another time-space continuum.
 
Hours seemed to have passed as the six continued to hurl through time. They'd seen images of the past… or their future depending on who was looking at it or how. Malik and Yugi saw images of the cataclysm, of the huge mountains near Domino crumbling towards the city below, and of everyone running in fear. Forte saw a huge lab, dark amidst the night sky, and he saw another reploid that looked similar to himself only in the face being made. Basch saw only images of the museum, being crushed by something giant and metallic. Ryou saw much more. He saw his children running, trying to get away as Sami used a Meteor spell to stop something. He saw Sami, standing alone on a cliff overlooking the sea. He saw Bakura talking to Sami and then leaving. And judging by the look on Bakura's face, he was also watching the same memories. Just as the one with Bakura leaving vanished, the group sped up, and the blurs became even worse until finally, a light blinded them completely, and they crashed into something. A scream alerted Ryou that they weren't alone. But he recognized that scream. It was Tea.
 
“Tea?” he asked, getting up. But something was wrong. Tea seemed to be very confused when he called her that. Sami told her that everything was okay, and when she turned back to the TV, Sami rushed over to Ryou. Her skin looked rather pale, but otherwise, she herself was just fine. Carefully, she helped him to stand.
 
“Something's happened and she thinks her name's Anzu now,” Sami whispered, “It's the same with Joey and Tristan. Whatever you did back there must've screwed up time somehow.” Ryou blinked, and shook his head.
 
“But we didn't do anything,” he whispered back, “Or at least I didn't.” Tea… or rather, Anzu, turned back and saw that Ryou had come back and that she wasn't dreaming. Miho, who'd been in the kitchen, had also come out.
 
“…Ryou!?” she exclaimed, at first shocked, and then her eyes narrowed, “It's about time you showed up! Well, guess what? We know what you did, and we're going to make you pay for it, too!” Ryou turned to her, and blinked. He had just come home, and already, he was being yelled at. And, he had no idea what the hell he even did to deserve it, either.
 
“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave this time,” he started, and Sami's face was streaked with blue as he continued, “Malik just wanted to test his machine, and I…” Anzu stopped him before he could finish.
 
“We don't mean about that,” Anzu said angrily, “We mean about the fight you and Sami had. She was acting really weird, and we know you said something to make her upset! So, what did you do? Did you make her cry or something!?” Ryou blinked again, obviously Anzu hadn't heard a word of what he said. He turned back to Sami as she helped Yugi and Malik up, and tapped her arm.
 
“What did you tell them!?” he asked, “What argument are they talking about!?” Sami looked equally annoyed as he was, and shook her head, her face still streaked with blue. Then, she simply snorted.
 
“I didn't tell them a thing. They assumed you hurt me,” she replied grimly, “I thought it'd be best to leave your whole time-traveling adventure out.” Obviously, now Sami felt that was a mistake, and she planned to fix it now that Ryou was back. When Anzu and Miho stopped talking, she cut in.
 
“We didn't have a fight,” she admitted, and the two girls looked at her oddly, “Ryou didn't leave because of that. He really did go on a time-travel. I was acting weird because if anyone asked for him, I'd have to take the time to explain… or lie.” Miho and Anzu seemed to be very confused again, as they glanced at each other. But, then they did realize one thing: Sami never actually ever lied about much during her friendship with them. She seemed absolutely serious, too. Carefully, they turned to Ryou.
 
“You really went through time?” Miho asked, and when Ryou nodded, she exclaimed, “So it IS true! How did you get there? And where did you go?” Ryou chuckled, and sat down. He felt very tired from the trip home.
 
“We went to a couple of different times, thanks to a certain white-haired thief,” Ryou said, and Bakura growled angrily, “We went to the past, and then we headed into the future, close to 2000 years from now. We got there thanks to Malik's machine, which broke.” Sami laughed when she heard that the machine broke. She was glad, too. That thing looked ready to collapse when she first saw it. Miho and Anzu looked very excited, and began to ask Ryou even more questions about it.
 
“What happened in the future?”
 
“Were any of us alive?”
 
“What did the city look like?” On and on, the two girls kept asking questions, oblivious to the exhaustion Ryou displayed. But he let them continue to question him, only answering when they finished. If they finished, at that point. Finally, Sami snapped.
 
“Enough!” she commanded, silencing the two, “Ryou's tired. If he wants to answer, give him a chance to do it!” Ryou smiled at the result Sami's exclamation had, as both girls sat down silently as Sami sat next to Ryou, taking off her glasses to clean them. Ryou patted her arm, and decided now was a great time to answer, as no one said another word, either to wait for Ryou or from fear of Sami.
 
“Everything was in ruins,” Ryou began, as simply as possible, “The only people I could find was Sami and Bakura. They seemed to be the only survivors.” Sami glanced over at Ryou, as his voice dropped at the last sentence. Yugi and Malik looked pretty upset, too, but only Sami would've actually known why. Miho and Anzu shrugged it off, though, not having actually understood what happened.
 
“I'm not surprised. People usually die in their 90s,” Miho said, “Why would that be so upsetting?”
 
“Ryou, what happened?” Sami asked gently, and Ryou felt very awkward at hearing how concerned she actually was. Did she somehow guess what he saw? Did she already know? He didn't know, but she seemed genuinely worried about him. And, it must've shown, for after seeing his reaction, her calm expression returned.
 
“I think… maybe 1000 years from now, something really bad is going to happen to the world,” Ryou explained, “You explained it to me in the future. It was called the Cataclysm. You said that it destroyed nearly everything and only a few people survived it. You and Bakura were two of them.” Sami looked down, not entirely surprised to hear that. Ryou sighed, and then felt a sharp zing in his head. He realized he had altered the future by revealing that information, and shivered. But, Sami's voice heeded his attention.
 
“I'm guessing you died long before it happened?” she asked, since he didn't mention himself. Ryou shook his head.
 
“No. I died right before it happened, I think,” Ryou replied, though Sami still didn't look at him, “You said the same thing… Reploid, that started the Cataclysm was the one that killed me. You never forgave him, either.” Sami chuckled, because Ryou was right. She never would forgive anyone who hurt him. Bakura decided now was the best time to tell Sami the one thing that would make this seem too comical.
 
“But there's good news!” he exclaimed, and Sami looked at him, almost amused, “We end up getting married!” Sami blinked, and her eyes widened in disbelief. She twitched, and her wings were shaking. Ryou actually thought her reaction was worse than he imagined, except that she wasn't strangling Bakura. But, no… she was… laughing! She was actually laughing at him! She laughed until she fell onto the floor, and then continued, unable to believe it.
 
“No! That… no! Just… no!” Sami exclaimed, laughing all the while, “Bakura, no. I don't believe that! There is no way I would marry you!” Bakura snorted. He had a feeling she'd say just that to him, but he was prepared to prove her wrong. He had mental proof that they were married, and he felt that's all he needed.
 
“Well, we get married,” he said, trying not to laugh, “And we love each other, too. You should've seen yourself. You practically tackle-hugged me when you saw me, my soon-to-be wife!” Miho and Anzu looked at Sami, who perked her eyebrow at the thought. And by the look of her, she found it to be very amusing. Especially since Bakura assumed she'd have no say in it, as though it were entirely etched in stone, which it no longer was.
 
“No. Just… no,” Sami said, chuckling, “I'd rather marry Yami than marry you, and we all know that's not happening, so stop lying and tell me the actual truth. What happened to Bakura and I?” Yugi and Malik were snickering, and even Miho joined in eventually, because she felt they were telling the truth. Sami was just very adamant. Ryou held her hand, trying to keep his own laughter in. Now that he wasn't as jealous, it seemed almost funny, what ended up happening between the old thief and Sami.
 
“Sami, I wish we were lying, but we aren't,” Ryou said, and Sami finally gave up, “Anyway, enough about that, because we did find something you might find interesting. Bakura, where's Basch?” Bakura shrugged, as he didn't really pay attention to what happened to either Basch or Forte. Sami looked confused again as she looked at Ryou, and then Bakura, expecting an explanation. When she had none, she stepped in again.
 
“Who the hell is Basch?” she asked. Malik stopped snickering enough to answer.
 
“He's a security guard from 500 years ago,” Malik replied, “We brought him with us because he wanted to give you the sword personally. He doesn't trust us.”
 
“And it's just as well that I don't,” came the deep voice only Malik, Ryou, and Yugi knew. Everyone turned towards the foyer to see Basch standing there, holding the sword from the past. He walked up to Sami, and knelt, “I am Basch von Ronsenburg. These gentlemen wished for you to rightfully have your sword.” He handed the sword to Sami. It shimmered and sparkled, and Ryou noticed it didn't carry the annoyed glow it used to have. It seemed almost happy to see Sami. Except that the feeling wasn't returned.
 
“What are you talking about? This isn't mine,” she said, turning the sword over, “I've never seen this sword before.” Basch looked up, feeling slighted by her reaction. Ryou bit his lip nervously.
 
“Dear, you might want to check the inscription on the sword,” he said. Sami nodded slowly, though still very confused, and read the writing on it. Then it all became very clear to her. She nearly dropped it, but she steadied it.
 
“Sith K. Winchester…” Sami repeated, running her hand over the sword, “…Sith… that name… feels familiar… but is it my name? Then… why am I… `Sami?' Is this truly my sword?” Ryou nodded, and Bakura shrugged.
 
“We're not sure. Basch, didn't you say it was over 2000 years old?” Bakura asked. Basch nodded, and told Sami his take on it. When he finished, Sami's face was flushed. That meant that she was definitely older than merely 21.
 
“2000 years… I am… older than 2000… at least,” she mumbled, “It makes… such little sense. But why… what happened? What did I do… to create this blade… and to render such terror with it? What war… did I destroy?” Anzu looked over at Sami sympathetically as the woman continued on her inner questioning.
 
“It happened a long time ago. I doubt anyone would remember it,” Anzu said. Sami seemed skeptical, but smiled at the girl anyway.
 
“Thank you, Tea… I mean, Anzu,” she said, and then her voice grew grim, “That's another thing I want to talk about. Did you do anything to screw up time? Why can't our friends remember their names? Tristan thinks his name's Honda, which is just… stupid. Makes him seem like he was named after a damn car.” Bakura let out a roar of laughter at that remark, and even Ryou cast a smile at Sami. Another voice directed everyone's attention to the dining room, where Forte stood.
 
“That was me,” he said, smirking, “I decided to see what would happen if I put ridiculous thoughts in your parents' heads when you were born. That's why Tea's now named after a piece of fruit.” Sami blinked, then rubbed her eyes to make sure she'd seen correctly. There was a robot boy in her dining room.
 
“And who the hell are you?” she asked, raising an angry brow. Forte's smirk grew bigger, and he bowed almost sarcastically. But, Sami didn't buy it. Whatever he was up to, she knew she'd regret whoever he really was.
 
“Name's Forte,” he said casually, “Your older self repaired me. But don't expect me to follow orders, mom.” Sami's eyes narrowed with annoyance. She turned back to Ryou, and he shivered under her annoyed glare.
 
“Ryou, are there any more friends you brought from your trip?” she asked sarcastically. He shook his head, but didn't speak. Sami sighed, as she had a feeling she'd be expected to clean up the mess Forte made. Forte grinned a cheesy little grin.
 
“So, now that you've got Ryou back, what should we do now?” Forte asked, sitting on the table, “Why don't we cruise around time again and see what else we can destroy? That's always fun!” Sami twitched, and pointed a stern finger at Forte.
 
“Don't act like you're part of our group,” she said, “I'm sending you back to your time, along with Basch over there. I'm not going to let you mess up time again. It's bad enough that you screwed our friends up.” Forte's grin didn't fade as Sami stood up.
 
“How will you send me back? Malik's machine's broken, remember?” he asked. Sami stopped dead in her tracks, and cursed. The one time she actually needed Malik's death trap of an invention, and it was broken.
 
“I hate irony,” Sami mumbled, just as a flash of light came from the hallway. It was bright enough to blind everyone, even Forte himself. Bakura and Basch were unlucky enough to be in the hallway, and both smashed into a wall when they tried to run away. When the light faded enough for everyone's vision to begin to set, right in the middle of the hall was the same hideous machine that Sami hated. Complete with its cheap red paint and display lights, was Malik's time machine.
 
“My machine!!!” Malik exclaimed, ecstatic to see it in one piece, “It's perfect again!” He ran to the machine and gave it a hug, barely noticing when one of the handles broke off. A large drop of sweat rolled down everyone's heads.
 
THAT'S what you traveled in!?” Miho asked, pointing to the machine, “No wonder it broke! It looks like it's barely holding onto life!” Ryou and Yugi snickered, as that was basically what they said. Sami, however, wasn't nearly as joyous as Malik.
 
“Unfortunately, it's stronger than we think,” she grumbled, “No matter how many times the damn thing's busted, it somehow manages to come back completely unscathed.” Malik stopped hugging his machine and turned to the rest of his friends, grinning.
 
“We Ishtars are a proud family, and living underground has made us crafty when it comes to making things last,” he explained, a gleam in his eye, “Why, my father patched up a chair nearly 40 times in my life! Of course, unable to leave the tomb, we had to become skilled with fixing things up.” Everyone, even Basch, raised confused and suspicious eyebrows at hearing this. Bakura even snickered.
 
“Really? Tell me, how did you learn to use and build machines if you couldn't leave the tomb?” Bakura asked, a mocking tone in his voice, “Or did you learn that after you left?” Anzu bit her lower lip and suppressed a snicker as Malik's skin paled considerably.
 
“I learned it after I left,” Malik said, his ego becoming more and more deflated, “But the point is, it's still here and it's obviously the work of a pure genius!” Sami tilted her head as she waved her hand over the blade of the sword again.
 
“I don't recall ever making anything quite that ugly,” she said simply. Ryou saw Malik twitch a bit.
 
“I was talking about myself!” he yelled, throwing his arms up frantically. And because he moved so quickly, the other handle managed to snap off, along with a button. Sami laughed, but didn't say anything more. She felt the handle was proof enough that she was right. Forte gave the machine another quick look, and then decided that he'd had enough of messing around.
 
“I hate to burst your fun, but your future self did tell me to get my ass back to her once I get Ryou here,” Forte stated, and any laughter that was going on stopped abruptly as he spoke, “And although messing with time was fun, I know she's probably going to put that safeguard chip in me again when she finds out, so I'd rather avoid any more trouble.” Sami looked at Forte with amused skepticism, and then she looked at the machine. It was nearly brand new, but both she and Ryou knew it'd broken at two critical moments, and they couldn't afford a third. Besides, they still needed the machine to go back and find Sami's true identity.
 
“Forte, I hate to say it, but I really don't think Malik's machine can take another deadly crash,” Sami said hesitantly, “We still need to go into the past, and it could break taking you back.” Ryou looked at Sami, having heard the strain in her voice. Was she having a hard time deciding what to do?
 
“Are you saying I'm not important?” Forte asked, clenching his fists. Ryou didn't think Reploids could get angry, since they were robots of some kind, but Forte looked pretty pissed off. The jewel on his head flashed with red, and his left eye twitched a little. But only Sami seemed even remotely calm, as everyone else backed away.
 
“All I'm saying is that we still have objectives,” Sami replied, frowning deeply, “And if I'm the one who repaired you, you should still follow my orders. And right now, I can't decide if we should risk sending you and Basch back and possibly losing you both in the time zone.” Everyone looked at Sami this time, and Forte seemed to calm down, as his jewel was no longer flashing red. Instead, now he looked just as confused as everyone else.
 
“Why would we get lost?” he asked, “Wouldn't the machine just end up here?”
 
“No. Ryou, you said that Bakura and I sent you back, right?” Sami asked, and when Ryou nodded, she continued, “Well, she probably used something to reverse time so that anything you lost would come back, as to not mess with time any more than you already have. This time, you don't have that blessing, so the machine won't come back.” Malik arched a perplexed eyebrow, and looked at the machine again.
 
“Can't you do the same?” he asked. Sami looked regretful as she shook her head. Malik's face saddened.
 
“Malik, I'm not that strong yet,” Sami said quietly, as Ryou held her hand comfortingly, “My future self probably is. 1500 years is a long time, even for Chesiers. And even if I was, that kind of magic is considered as bad as the Forbidden spells. Perhaps even more so than that.” Everyone seemed to be taken by this. They were used to Sami being able to do pretty much everything, so to hear her say she wasn't strong enough just felt wrong. Miho was the only one who didn't seem to understand, as even Anzu looked nervous.
 
“What do we do?” Anzu whispered, fiddling her thumbs. Sami blinked, thinking quickly on what should be taken next.
 
“We should tell Yami everything you just told me,” she finally said to Ryou, “If anyone knows what we're looking for, he would. After that, we should head back in time, first to fix what Forte pulled. I can't get used to saying the name Anzu.” Ryou nodded, as Anzu blushed with slight embarrassment. Yugi picked up the receiver.
 
“I'll give him and Ishtar a call,” he said, dialing a phone number, “I'll call Joey, too. And Kaiba might be able to stabilize the machine.” Sami nodded, and then added, “Wait, he thinks his name's Jou, or something like that.” After that, Anzu decided to help and use her cell phone to call whoever Yugi hadn't while Forte hooked himself to the internet to get to Kaiba. Sami had taken to trying to hotwire Malik's machine herself, but when she opened up the compartment for the controls, she nearly blew a blood vessel.
 
“Malik, what the hell did you throw in here!?” she asked. All inside, everything seemed to be made of paper clips, chewed gum, hair ties, string, tape, and anything else Malik wanted. When Malik looked, she said, “It looks like you didn't even know how to build anything!”
 
“It's not like I have money falling out of my ass! I had to make do!” he yelled back, closing the door. Ryou glanced at them very quickly, as Yugi and Anzu had to speak very briefly to whoever they were talking to because Sami and Malik were now louder than them.
 
“You could've done better than this!” Sami cried back, opening the door back up and pointing, “Look at this! I can't work with this! Not even Kaiba can! He has to re-wire the whole thing!”
 
“No he doesn't! All you have to do is disconnect a hair tie, take out that wad of gum there, and then tie up some loose wires here!” Malik exclaimed, although Sami had no idea what he was actually referring to, “It's easy as… OW! SAMI!” Sami had hit Malik on the head with his Millennium Rod, since everything in that compartment looked the same. He fell to the floor, rubbing his head. She set the rod on the table.
 
“You can figure it out, but we can't! We need this to be in something everyone can read, not just you!” Sami said sternly. Malik got up and was about to scream at her again until Ryou decided to step in.
 
STOP IT THIS INSTANT!” he roared, and everyone ceased and looked at him, “We all are getting upset, but right now, let's wait and see if Kaiba can do anything. Sami, you've been through enough, just as we have. Let's just settle down, have some soda, maybe watch something, and wait. That's all we can do.” Sami stared at him in disbelief, though she was also quite amused that he'd actually stood up to her. Silently, she sat back down and crossed her arms. Malik did the same, and slowly, everyone else took their seats as well, save for Yugi. He had taken to calling up Ishtar, the last person on the list, and just hung up the phone.
 
“Well, I told everyone I could,” he said, “And they want to help you, Sami. Joey… uh… Jou and Tri… I mean, Honda, are coming with Kaiba, and Rex… no, Ryu… Ryuu… oh! Ryuuzaki said he's coming over with some electronic equipment from his station. Man, this name change is hard!” Ryou nodded, and Sami's smile turned rather grim as she slowly turned towards Forte.
 
“And we know who to blame for that, too,” she said. Forte blinked, and then got very defensive again at Sami's accusation. He threw up his arms.
 
“I said I was sorry! I didn't know it'd piss you off so much! Geez!” he exclaimed, and Ryou stood up and walked over to him. He tugged Forte's arm, and the Reploid calmed down again.
 
“It's all right. Let's just wait for them to come here,” Ryou suggested again, and led Forte to everyone else. Sami got up to get some drinks for everyone, if only for lack of anything else to do, and Yugi turned on the television. It shouldn't take long for everyone else to show up. Or so, Yugi hoped. He knew this was annoying Sami and Ryou, but they did need help before plunging back into time.
 
“After all, the time zone isn't going anywhere, is it?”
 
-----------------------------(End chapter)
 
Even though Ryou made his way home, it looks like his adventure is just starting, for real this time, too. After giving Sami her old sword, or what is assumed her old sword, did it wake something up inside her? And will Yami or Kaiba be able to do anything? Why did Forte think a sudden name change would be funny? Or was it simply a plot device to mask my own mistake from long ago? Find out the answers to these next chapter, so click that Review button!