Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Save Me From Myself ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Save Me From Myself

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN YU-GI-OH!

Summary: Yami is an abused teenager who’s trying to overcome his dark and abusive past. But when he’s injured in an accident, will he let Yugi in?

Chapter One: My Life

----------------------------------------------------------

Yami stared out the dirty kitchen window. This was his forth foster home in one year and it was becoming harder for him to find a place to stay for very long. He let out a sigh and turned his attention back to his new foster parents.

He tapped his fingers against the table impatiently as he waited for his foster parents to stop groping each other in front of him. “I’d like to eat you know,” he finally smarted off in a snotty voice. Both of the two turned to stare at him and his mother walked out of the room.

“You can take care of that no good bastard, Larry,” she said, waving her hand all the way down the hallway and grabbing her purse. A few moments later, she was out the door. Yami turned his attention to Larry. Larry stared back at him as well and turned his back to Yami.

“Good luck finding breakfast,” he merely said before walking out of the kitchen. Yami sighed and pushed back his chair. The wood scrapped against the old wooden floor and Yami cringed at the sound. He blew some air out of his mouth and he looked around the small room. The stove had grim and old food stuck to it. The countertop hadn’t been cleaned in ages and ants and other bugs were crawling all over it. The dishes from two weeks ago still lay in the old sink water and it was starting to smell.

He stretched his long legs and made his way lazily over to the sink. He stuck his hand into the dirty water and pulled the plug. It made a gurgling sound and the water soon faded out of sight. He then reached up and pulled a clean plate out of the cabinet above his head. He put it gently on the counter and reached with his other hand for an old rag. He got it wet a little and wiped down the filthy counter.

“I’m out of here Yami!” Larry yelled as he made his way out the door. Yami turned to call out an OK but Larry was already out of the house by then. He sighed and made his way back to the table. The silence startled him for he was used to both parents fighting all day or all night, or both. But he also liked having it nice and quiet. He gave a small chuckle and wondered what he could have to eat before leaving for school.

His thoughts were interrupted quickly when he heard the school bus pull up outside. He jumped up and ran into the living room where he hurriedly put on his shoes and got his book bag. He charged out of the house but missed the bus. His efforts were in vain after that. He sighed and dropped the heavy bag onto the sidewalk.

‘I can afford one more day of being late,’ he thought, getting ready to take a running start. He bent down and picked his bag and hoisted it onto his shoulder. Then a second later, he was running down the block.

Houses went past him in a blur. Houses that were falling down, that had things busted out of them or had graffiti painted on them. One of his neighbors raised a hand as he went past and he returned the wave. Then the neighbor sat back down and started rocking again. He took a quick, deep breath of air and sped up. His footsteps echoed off of the cars parked by or on the sidewalk and he hummed in time with them.

About ten minutes later, Yami had caught up with the school bus but it was too late to get on for he was already 100 yards away from the building. He sighed again and dropped his bag, put his hands on his knees and panted heavily. Everyone started filing off the bus so he stood straight up and picked his bag back up.

“Yami!” a female’s voice yelled out above the noisy people. He turned around and faced the girl who came running to his side. He raised a hand in a friendly wave and she returned it.

“Mandy!” someone called out, distracting the girl from Yami. Yami turned towards who called his friend and Mandy gave an apoplectic smile and started towards the other girl. He heaved a mental sigh and turned back around to start through the doors.

Everyone pushed and shoved to get into the building and get into class. Everyone except Yami. He carelessly made his way through the crowd. A few people that walked by him purposely hit him in the shoulder but he ignored it for it went on like this everyday. Several of the students called him names but he ignored their words.

“Tri-colored freak!” someone yelled right behind Yami. There was some pushing and shoving before Yami could see who it was and it was too late to go over the kid. He blew out impatiently and prayed that the day would soon be over.

------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------