Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Save Me From Myself ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Save Me From Myself

Chapter Two: Wishing For Someone

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

The school day proved to be short for by lunchtime, there were whispers of a bomb in the building. Yami sat quietly, eating his lunch with no one near him. He chewed slowly and gulped down some milk with his lunch. His stomach was still growling since he had skipped breakfast again. He tried to ignore it when he noticed that he didn’t have much lunch left.

“Yami!” a voice said a little ways away from him. He looked over his shoulder and smiled at the coming girl.

“Hey Mandy,” Yami said, taking another bite of food. She had long black and pink hair, small blue eyes and a small scar above her right eye. She waved goodbye to the group of girls following her wake and ran over to where he sat. She was slightly breathless and she plopped down next to him.

“What’s up?” she asked, ignoring the dirty looks the other students gave the two of them. He shrugged his shoulders.

“Not much,” he replied with another shrug. ’I don’t want her to know I got beaten again last night, that’s all she needs to hear,’ he thought, watching her start talking about what was going on with her. He nodded when she asked him a question and before she could go on, the bell rang. He hopped up and grabbed his tray.

“Don’t want to be late!” he called over his shoulder when he saw the look Mandy had given him. She nodded and stood up also.

-----

The day was almost over, it would be soon enough. He sat patiently at his desk, watching the clock hit 2:45pm. He tapped his fingers on the desk and a moment later, the bell rang. He and the other students started shoving things into their bags as the teacher told them to finish their homework for the class. Yami stood up and slung the bag over his shoulders, he wouldn’t have to worry about the homework; he had finished it right before class ended. He slipped out of the room with everyone else and let out a silent sigh. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small sheet of paper. He sighed and looked down at the list he held in his hands. The night before his mother gave it to him to pick up after he got off work.

He pushed his way out of the doors and jumped down a few steps and landed on a railing by the steps. A couple students pointed and called him names but he ignored them. Another group, a group of girls, were clustered around watching the boys start their practices for their activities. He sighed and shook his head; they were completely hopeless.

‘Why would girls want to stand around watching them get all hot and sweaty? And why bother making friends?’ he thought scornfully. He brushed past the group of giggling girls and stared ahead.

‘Ouch!’ Yami thought, rubbing his upper arm. A small moan escaped his lips and he rubbed the arm even harder. The pain shot up throughout his arm and he tried his hardest to ignore it. He blinked his eyes several times and dropped his bag on the cracked sidewalk. The pain was even worse and he pulled back the sleeve to see if there was anything on his arm.

When he found nothing, he picked up his bag and kept on walking. He knew he could be a few minutes late since Larry was at work and his foster mother didn’t care about him. He sighed and a thought crossed his mind.

‘What if I ran away?’ he thought, his fingers fiddling with a lose thread from his shirt. He had thought about it once before when he had been shipped to his grandparents house when they were still alive a couple years ago. But he never did carry out his plan. Now this plan sounded like heaven to him. He shifted his bag to where he could see it better. He kept almost everything in there. Although he would have to go back to his foster house, he liked the idea more and more. He picked up the pace since he was only a block or two away.

------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------

Note From Author: I’m going to be switching characters in the next chapter just to give you all fair warning. Also, after chapter three, I’m probably going to be switching point-of-view for the characters. Sorry if this’ll cause any confusion.