Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Save Me From Myself ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Save Me From Myself

 

Chapter Three: Meeting You

Yugi’s POV-

------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

‘What a long and boring day,’ I thought as I let out a silent sigh in the classroom. I always did hate going to a private school. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and tried to turn my attention back to the board. Mr. Schze always tried to make the class go on longer than it was supposed to.

“Hey Yu,” someone poked me in my ribs. I turned around a bit once Mr. Schze had his back towards us and stared into a pair of bright blue eyes.

“Hey Amorurai,” I said, giving the girl that sat behind me a wide smile. She and I have been friends since birth and we knew each other so well. She smiled but it wasn’t her usual smile. “Something wrong?” I asked, twisting around in my seat so I could see her better. She shrugged her shoulders and turned away a bit.

“Mr. Yugi, please turn around,” Mr. Schze said to me. I nodded and turned all the way back around. Lately Amorurai had been acting rather strange. I asked her why a couple of times but she never answers them. I glanced over my shoulder and saw her staring at another boy.

Andree was the latest student in our class. He was just a bit older than me and I was the oldest of the class. He was fifteen and a half while I was fifteen. He had rather long black hair for a guy with grey eyes. Everyone says he has silver eyes but I know he doesn’t.

I heard the bell ring vaguely and I stood up with everyone else. Mr. Schze shouted above the noise and told everyone about the assignment. I gathered up my stuff and shoved it into my bag.

“Hey Amorurai, want to…” I was just getting ready to ask if she wanted to go out to the roller-skating park when I glanced over my shoulder. I saw her talking to Andree and a moment later, walking out of the class with him. I frowned and slung my bag across my back.

‘Fine, let her gawk over some stupid guy,’ I thought as I left the classroom. There was a bit of pushing and shoving and I slipped outside quickly. I took a deep breath of cool, fresh air and started down the sidewalk. I looked all around me. I noticed some students from the public school walking along so I waved to one of them when he waved at me. I had just stopped waving when I noticed someone. Someone who looked just like me!

He glanced across the street and his face mirrored my expression. He had almost the same shaped eyes as mine and they were the same color too. He licked his lips and then suddenly took off in a dead run. I slung my bag farther onto my shoulder and set off after him.

There was something about him that I wanted to get to know. I crossed the street quickly and followed closely behind him. Our footsteps became the only thing on the pavement after he cut through an alley or two. My breath came out in short; quick pants and I heard him doing the same.

I noticed him slip a bit and I ran behind him and he landed in my arms instead of being on the ground. We both stared at each other, blinking slowly. Then he struggled out of my grasp and I let go of him.

“Who are you?” he finally asked, staring into my eyes. I couldn’t pull my eyes away from him so I answered him.

“My name’s Yugi,” I said, giving him a big smile. “What’s yours?” He stared at me for a moment, and then took a deep breath.

“Yami,” he finally said, staring down at the ground. There was defiantly something about him. I licked my lips and took a step closer to him. Yami took a step backwards and I stopped. I stared into his eyes and saw fear and anger mixed together.

“You running away?” the question just popped into my mouth and was out before I could think. He stared at me, his eyes wide. Then slowly, he nodded.

‘How did I know that he was?’ I asked myself, reaching out and touching him on his arm. He jumped since he didn’t see me reach out and in an instant; he had his hand on my wrist rather tightly. He stared at me with angry eyes and I didn’t struggle against his grasp.

“Look, I’m not being nosy or anything. It just popped out of my mouth,” I said, apologizing to him. He nodded and let go of my wrist. I glanced down and saw it was red then I glanced back at him. “Sorry if I offended you,” I said, lowering my head and gaze towards the ground.

“It’s alright,” he said softly. “By the way, how old are you?” I looked up, his question had startled me.

“How old are you?” I asked, staring back at him with an eyebrow raised. He laughed and a smile lit up his face.

“I’m 16,” he said, reaching out and clapping me on my shoulder. I grinned at him.

“I’m 15,” I admitted when he stared into my eyes again.

“Really?” he said in a curious tone. “I thought you were younger,” I laughed and wiped some sweat away from my eyes.

“Everyone tells me that. Then they give me the look like ‘you’re 16!?’.” I said it with a wide grin and glanced around.

“Something wrong?” Yami asked me. I shook my head no and let out a sigh.

“Well, yeah. I need to sit down,” I told him. I hated to admit defeat but I needed to sit really badly. The old injury always kept holding me back. I felt Yami watching me as I sat down on the dirty pavement but I didn’t care. My leg ached steadily now and I needed to ease up on the pain by sitting.

“You’ve been injured before,” he said softly, watching me even more intently. I shrugged my shoulders; I wasn’t really good about talking about what happened. He sat down next to me and still stared at me. I glanced away when I felt my face heat up.

“I need to be getting home soon,” I finally said after a minute or two of silence. He nodded and stood up and held out his hand to me. I stared at it for a moment, and then took it so I could get back up.

‘He’s been hurt before, but not like I have. But differently.’ Yami thought as he felt the younger boy grip his hand with a rather hard grasp and stand up on wobbly legs. ‘He’s in pain.’ Yami thought as he felt the younger boy grip his arm for a moment.

“Thanks,” I said, picking up my fallen bag. He nodded and I grinned up at him. “You want to come home with me for some dinner?” I asked, the question once again on the tip of my tongue before I could think. He stared at me with an unreadable expression for only a fraction of a second.

“I’m sorry but I can’t,” that was all he said before he took off running. I stared after his fading form and sighed.

“I hope to meet him again,”

---------------------------------------------------------- --------------------

NOTE FROM AUTHOR:

Ha, Yami and Yugi finally meet. ^^ This chapter’s much longer than the others. Which I am glad for. ;)

Preview for next chapter:

“Yugi, your friend is in stable but critical condition,” a short but nice nurse told me. I stared through the glass that separated us. I nodded, not paying any more attention to the nurse. I was more focused on Yami.

He had a tube hooked up that went down his throat. His face was cut up and bruised pretty bad and from what I could see, the rest of his body didn’t look any better.

“…It looks like a very bad case of child abuse,” the nurse said, clucking a bit and turning to face me. I froze; child abuse?

“Child abuse…” I repeated, staring at her now. “What do you mean child abuse?” I looked back to Yami; oh I yearned, I longed, to be near him, to feel his skin against mine.

“Yes, it seems as if he’s been abused all or most of his life,” the nurse said, looking down at the clipboard she held. I raised my hand and placed it against the cool glass.

“Can I go in there?” I asked, trying to hold back the tears. We may have only known each other for a bit but I felt very close to him.

“I do not mind, just be careful when he wakes,” she warned, turning her back and walking down the hall…….

 

 

Thanks to those who read/review!

~Nikki