Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Save Me From Myself ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Save Me From Myself

 

Chapter Four: Calling Out To You

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

~-Yami’s POV-~

---------

I ran out of sight or at least until I could not see little Yugi anymore. My breath came out quick and harsh but I didn’t want to stop running. I couldn’t, I know I can’t ever. But there was something about that boy that drew me to him. Was it his youth? Or was it his innocence of the things around him? I don’t know the answer but I felt compelled to find out.

I stopped once I was near my house, I didn’t want it to look too suspicious if I came home in a mess like I am. I put my hands on my knees and caught my breath slowly. I shifted my bag that I had forgotten all about onto the other shoulder and started walking again.

I slipped up my front porch steps unnoticed so far and slowly and quietly opened the door. I heard Larry and my foster mom, Anna, fighting again. This time I caught what their words were.

“We can’t keep that dumb kid around any more Anna!” Larry was shouting nearly at the top of his lungs. I sighed and shut the door quietly.

“But baby! We can use that money we get from him!” she shouted back, trying to keep her steady and sexy. I shook my head, kicked off my shoes and was just starting up the stairs when Larry came running in.

“Thought I smelled a rat,” he sneered and the smell of alcohol was heavy on his breath. I mentally sighed and glared down at him from several stairs above him. He stared back at me with bone chilling eyes. A shiver went up my spine and I kept my body still until after it was over.

“Get your ass down here,” he growled, and I could tell he wanted to go after me very bad. I shook my head no and took one step and the next thing I know, I was being pulled down backwards. I lost my grip on the railing and the next thing I felt was my head being rammed against the wall. I felt my body shaking but I didn’t want to give Larry any satisfaction of my pain.

“What are you going to do now?” he screamed in my ear, and a second later, a fist met my head. I tried to curl up into a ball on the floor but he sent his foot into my side before I could. Pain shot throughout my body and I struggled to sit up. I bit down hard on my bottom lip and tasted blood but that was better than crying out.

‘Someone help me!’ I cried in my mind as Larry kept beating on me. I closed my eyes so I wouldn’t be able to see Larry. I heard a squeak and I opened one eye. Anna stood there, watching Larry beat on me but she didn’t step in to stop him. She held her hands to her mouth and her eyes pooled up. I closed my eye and let the slow coming darkness sweep me under its spell.

--

I felt cold, cold and sore from the beatings. I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes gently so they wouldn’t hurt so much. I then slowly opened my eyes. While I was out, Larry had thrown me out of the house. I sighed and laid back down and curled up on my side.

 

 

 

“Hey kid! Wake up!” someone was shouting in my ear and gently shaking me. I opened both of my eyes but I could barely focus on who was talking.

“Kid, what’s your name?” the person asked, shaking me again.

“Yami,” I mumbled, I couldn’t hear myself very well. The person nodded and shook me again.

“Is there anyone that I can call for you?”

---------------------------

 

-Yugi’s POV-

 

It was just a bit past one in the morning when the phone rang. At first I couldn’t drag myself out of bed but after a couple more rings, something spoke in my mind and I got out of bed.

‘I’m glad my parents aren’t here,’ I thought, rubbing my eyes and walking to the phone. I reached the phone before the answering machine picked up.

“Hello?” I asked sleepily, still rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

“Is this Yugi?” an unfamiliar voice asked.

“Yes. Who is calling?” I asked, perking up a tad.

“My name is Nurse Sherry but I’m calling on behalf of a patient we have here,” she spoke softly but quickly. “Do you know a Mr. Yami?” she asked. I froze; I got a chilling feeling from this phone call.

“Yes, I do.” I replied, gripping the phone tightly.

“Well then. We have Yami in our care right now.” Sherry said. “If you want to come down..”

“I know where you’re at. I’ll be over in a bit.” I told her and hung up the phone. I flew back into my room and picked up the clothes I wore earlier off of the floor and quickly dressed. The hospital was only eight blocks away and I could take the bus there.

I got on my hands and knees and grabbed my shoes. Quickly I put those on as well and stood back up. Then I flew out of my room.

-----

I flew through the hospital doors and up to the reception desk. The nurse Sherry glanced up from her work and stared at my disheveled appearance.

“I’m Yugi..” I didn’t get to finish what I was going to say for she was up and showing me the way to Yami’s room.

A few rooms away from Yami, she made me wait for another nurse to come take her place. I nodded and sat down in an uncomfortable chair and had only been sitting for a few seconds when another nurse came.

“This way sir,” she said, wagging her finger at me. I nodded and followed after her.

“Yugi, your friend is in stable but critical condition,” a short but nice nurse told me. I stared through the glass that separated us. I nodded, not paying any more attention to the nurse. I was more focused on Yami.

He had a tube hooked up that went down his throat. His face was cut up and bruised pretty bad and from what I could see, the rest of his body didn’t look any better.

“…It looks like a very bad case of child abuse,” the nurse said, clucking a bit and turning to face me. I froze; child abuse?

“Child abuse…” I repeated, staring at her now. “What do you mean child abuse?” I looked back to Yami; oh I yearned, I longed, to be near him, to feel his skin against mine.

“Yes, it seems as if he’s been abused all or most of his life,” the nurse said, looking down at the clipboard she held. I raised my hand and placed it against the cool glass.

“Can I go in there?” I asked, trying to hold back the tears. We may have only known each other for a bit but I felt very close to him.

“I do not mind, just be careful when he wakes,” she warned, turning her back and walking down the hall. I walked into the room slowly, wondering how he was doing. I shut the door quietly, hoping that it wouldn’t disturb Yami. I heard a soft moan and I looked to him, going over to his side quickly.

I placed my hand near his just in case he decided to do something in his sleep. His eyelashes laid against his soft cheek and a moment later, I couldn’t stop myself. I traced his soft cheek with my finger. I felt him stir and his eyes fluttered open slowly.

“Yu..Yugi?” it was hard for him to speak so I placed one finger to my lips, the other one to his.

“Quiet,” I said softly, pulling up a seat I saw near the bed.

-----------------------------------------

NOTE FROM AUTHOR:

Hi, it’s me again! So far, I’m at chapter four. ^^ I’m so glad!

Sorry if this chapter sucks. I’m trying to get this finished before I’ve gotta leave.

Hope you like though. ;)