Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Save Me From Myself ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Save Me From Myself


Chapter Five: Burns

---------------------------------------------------------

& nbsp;

-Yugi’s POV-

 

I awoke to someone slowly caressing my hair. I sat up a bit, staring into Yami’s cloudy but focused eyes. He gave me a small but happy smile.

“Yugi,” he breathed, closing his eyes but still wrapping his fingers around my hair. I smiled and sat up, placing my hand on his wrist. He opened one eye and grinned again.

“Thanks for being here,” he whispered, and I heard him choke up.

“It’s ok, I wanted to be here,” I said, smiling as well and laying my head back on the blanket. He nodded and I heard a soft knock at the door. Then it was pushed open and a nurse stood in the doorway.

“Good morning you two!” she said in a chirpy voice. “I’m glad you’re awake Mr. Yami, you gave us all quite a scare last night. Now, I’ve got to take your temperature and some other vitals. OK? Ok!” She crossed the room quickly for being rather short and pulled out a thermometer.

“Open your mouth please Yami,” she said, waving it above him. He nodded and opened his mouth as he was told. I held in my snicker and sat back up. “Not bad at all,” she clucked, showing me the reading on it. I nodded and glanced over at him. He had his eyes closed again and it seemed as if he were sleeping.

“That must’ve tired him out,” she said in a softer voice, “I’ll be back later with some papers so if you want him to stay with you, all you’ll have to do is fill them out.” I nodded and she smiled all the way out of the room. When the door clicked, Yami opened his eyes.

“You really want me to go stay with you for a bit?” he asked, staring into my eyes. I nodded and said,

“Yes. I want to have you come stay with me. It doesn’t matter if you don’t know me that well, we can always learn about each other this way.” I grinned at him and he smiled as well.

“Ok, that sounds good to me,” he nodded his approval and closed his eyes again.

‘I promise not to hurt you,’ I said in my mind, closing my eyes as well and laying my head on the bed again.

--

A couple hours later and a pile of paperwork, we were out of the hospital. We were told to come back in a couple days so they could check over his injuries and we said all right. Since I hadn’t brought my car the night before, we wound up taking the bus home.

I stood up awhile he sat. I kept glancing down at him and noticed right off the bat that he was shaking slightly. I mentally sighed and placed my hand on his shoulder. He jumped slightly from the touch but he looked up at me and smiled a small smile. I grinned at him and turned my attention out the window. The bus stopped and even more people got on. It was rather packed for this day. Since I still had my hand on his shoulder, I could feel him shaking like crazy. I reached up and pulled on the brake. I tapped him and pulled him after me as I hurried off the bus.

“You ok?” I asked when the bus doors were closed. He nodded and I noticed that he had tears in his eyes.

‘He’s just like me when I was younger.’ I thought sadly, grabbing his wrist and gently pulling him after me since we were only a few yards away from my house. Yami followed with no protest and I glanced back at him. He had a blank, uncaring look on his face. But in his eyes, he had a loving look and it was aimed towards me.

I reached into my school jacket pocket and fished out the front door key. I heard Yami gasp and I suppressed a snicker again. I flung open the door and dragged him inside behind me. He stumbled in and I slammed the door shut. It instantly became dark and I heard Yami whimper. I clapped my hands and the lights came on, lighting up the hallway.

“Sorry,” I said, rubbing the back of my head and kicking off my tennis shoes. He nodded and kicked his off as well. I brushed past him, motioning for him to follow me. I glanced back and asked,

“Do you want to borrow some of my clothes?” I knew he didn’t have his bag with him so I knew we’d have to go shopping sometime soon. He nodded and I skipped up the stairs, with him at my heels.

‘I hope he’ll begin to trust me,’ I thought, running my hand along the railing.

“Thanks,” I heard Yami say quietly. I stopped and turned around to face him. He stared into my eyes and I did too. I nodded and gave him a wide smile. A moment later, he had his arms wrapped around me, crying into my shirt. He clung to it, hanging on for dear life. I slowly sat down on the steps, patting his back as he cried. I heaved another mental sigh but this time it wasn’t from frustration or sadness. It was from love.

Love. I stared down at Yami, feeling his body shake against mine. I laid my head on top of his and held him even closer.

It was love.

 

-------------------------------------------------------- -----

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Sorry that this chapter is short. The reason why this is so short is because I can barely see the screen but I know my readers enjoy this so that’s why I’m still writing. ^^

--