Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Of The Circle ❯ Princess ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own YGO or anything in it. I do however own the Millennium Circlet *holds up hand* see! And I own Mariasha and Elasha...in as much as anyone could own Mariasha ¬.¬. Yes the Winner-Barton names are from Gundam Wing, but that really isn't a big thing in this story.

A/N: This was inspired by an RP my friends and I do. If anyone remembers All My Gundams, then you'll get this. But I am trying to make it to where anyone can follow the story. Also if any thing in here ends up not matching the series...well I can't help that. I haven't seen beyond Battle city...

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~*

Secret of the Circlet

From the Journal of Mrs. Alisha Diane Winner-Barton:

December 18, AC 223

I so wanted to tell them everything. I know they don't trust her and I didn't really expect them to. Sometime I still don't. Love is a fickle thing. I pray, yes me praying, that my husbands do not leave me over this. Still, I wouldn't blame them if they did.

I guess since I can't tell anyone, I can at least write it all down. Someone besides Isis and Shadi should be keeping this record. Yami will need it one day, and I feel it is my duty as the circle-bearer, no as his family, to start it...

I was first born as Princess Elasha of the royal house of Egypt. My father, great Pharaoh that he was, died in battle 3 months before my birth. This left the kingdom resting on the shoulders of my 9 year-old half-sister, Mariasha, and 6 year-old brother, Yami.

The shadow Games, ancient even then, were still played and held with great esteem. Our mother, due to my brother's young age, dueled for our family and kingdom. Though only Queen in name, she held a regal ness about her that I am thankful rubbed off onto my brother, my King, before her un-timely death at the hands of another duelist. For at that time, duel's were a matter of life and death and the Items that held their magic, were gifted only to the elite. My mother was the bearer of the Millennium Tauk.

I was barely 6 years-old myself when my brother and sister were married and placed upon the thrones. My life was unchanged at the time beyond the loss of my mother. Yami and I had never been close. I was taught from birth to respect and honor my king, even though he was my brother.

Mariasha, on the other hand, seethed at the "boy" she was forced to be attached to. She had always felt that as the oldest, she should rule alone. However because she was born of a concubine and not the Queen, Yami was her only way to the throne. She had always had a great dislike for the "interlopers." But because Yami was king, she had to take out her frustrations on me and me alone. She was queen now and I, as only a princess, bowed to her and took her wrath without question.

The years passed and I grew to understand my place in the kingdom. I watched as my brother ascended to control the Millennium Puzzle and become one of the most feared of Duelists. In time my sister softened toward me some. We were never as close as sisters should be, but we did form a shaky friendship. That was why I was in the chamber if the underground city when the disaster struck.

I had watched many games from the safety of my pillow next to my sister. Until that day I never understood the true danger of what took place in those torch-lit chambers. But I learned the meaning of fear that night. The night I faced the God Monsters...and lived.

TBC...

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*