Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Of The Circle ❯ Queen ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own YGO or anything in it. I do however own the Millennium Circlet *holds up hand* see! And I own Mariasha and Elasha...in as much as anyone could own Mariasha ¬.¬;

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Secret of the Circlet: Part 3

The kingdom was devastated by the loss of both their King and Queen in one night's time. We did not know then, that though their bodies were dead, their souls lived on in the items that had taken those lives. Had I known, I most likely would have taken more care with the body of the ivory haired thief we later found dead in a holding chamber, clutching the Millennium Ring.

Seth was spared death that night by throwing the Millennium Rod away as I had the Tauk. However, he was not spared my wrath. Any feelings I had held for him died with my siblings. Striping him of titles, I had him imprisoned and forgot him. I still don't know what ever became of him after that. At least until he was reborn as Seto Kaiba.

My brother and sister left no heirs. I knew for a fact that they had never consummated their marriage. Mariasha and I had long suspected that stern faced Yami preferred the serving boys to any of the concubines in his rather small harem. We couldn't prove this, however.

As the only remaining member of the first circle of the royal family, the kingdom fell to me. The marriage my brother had arranged for me took place mere days after his burial. The difference being that instead of returning to my husband's land to live out my life as the wife of a prince only third in line for the throne, we remained in my home land, assuming a throne I never thought would be mine.

Moving into my mother's chambers was no easy task for me. So many memories clung to the walls and shadows of that room. Going through what few things of hers that were left there was even harder. Thumbing through one of her books, I found a message she had left for me. It seemed that with the help of the Tank, my mother had seen what was to happen to Yami, Mariasha, and myself. She had also foreseen our return to the world of the living and the dangers we would face.

Taking her prophesies, I had a shrine built to my brother and there hid what she had said he would need. She, even from the grave, still had things to teach me and a world to try and save. I find it most interesting now, that she did not see her own return to this realm and how she would have a direct hand, like myself, in keeping it's order.

In due time my husband and I were blessed with children. Our oldest, a daughter, was full of beauty and grace from the day she was born. Our next child, a son, was his father's pride and joy. Sorrow and doubt clouded me after the loss of our second daughter, but I was soon redeemed in my husband's eyes by the birth of another son. He and I shared a bond that to this day I can not find words to describe.

Though there was love in my marriage, it was never more than that of two friends. We loved our offspring, but I had been left so weakened by the birth of our second son, we decided it was best for us both not to have anymore. Our friendship grew stronger because of this. When my husband finally departed for the afterlife, I grieved him, wholeheartedly, as a wife should.

We had always encouraged our children to follow their hearts and do what made them happy. After their father's death, they each, as capable adults, chose their own life paths.

Our daughter wished to be married to a prince from her father's side of the family. I saw how much she loved him and saw to it that she could do so. As a wedding gift I gave her the ring that had fallen from my mother's Tank. Where it went from there and how it crossed dimensional barriers to find it's way back to me in this life, I'll never know.

Our oldest son, not wishing to take the throne that could have been his, entered the priesthood in the service of Anubus. I entrusted to him, and his order, the remainder of the millennium items. When trouble arose around the items, I had my son take the Tank and Rod and fortify himself, his wife, and their young son inside the shrine to my brother. Thus, sadly, was born the order of the Tomb Keepers.

I know that both Isis and Odion blame themselves for the birth of Marik and the horrors Malik faced as a child. However, the true blame is my own. If I had not bound a third of my lineage to the cause of my brother's return, than none of it would have happened.

Maybe it would have been better if my brother's memory had faded. Maybe the terrible things done to and by my line would…no. As much as it pains me, what has happened was, and always has been, out of my hands. I've done what I can to make amends. But enough about my mistakes and regrets.

My dearest, youngest son was the one to ascend the thrown upon his father's passing. He had always had a sharp mind. I never doubted that he would be a fair and good ruler to the people I had come to love. Knowing things were in the most capable of hands, I retired to the shrine to help my eldest in his work, which went well until my death.

I know nothing more until my re-birth in another dimension and the eventual awakening of these memories. I hope that if and when Yami finds this, he can forgive me for keeping it from him. He is not ready to remember all yet, but the time will come and I hope to be there when it does.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *

A.N.: Goddess but that took forever to finish…I hope it's up to expectations…