Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Seth's Magical Adventure! ❯ Temper Trantums and Strange Voices ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. Takahashi does, and he won't share the rights with me, either.
 
Shaddah and Isis now stood hiding in a food pantry, listening as the few servants in the kitchen left. It'd been a few hours since they ran away from the pharaoh, but they certainly didn't feel safe going back into the courtroom. Isis glared at Shaddah.
 
“You HAD to run away like that!” she snapped angrily, “I wasn't even going to tell them about Seth's plan, and you had to blow it, Shaddah. I just have one question. Why?” Shaddah shivered as he peeked through a small crack in the large stone doors.
 
“I was nervous. I mean, Akunadin was already screaming at us for trying to leave the room,” Shaddah replied. Isis rolled her eyes.
 
“If you'd just let me speak, we'd have been on our way to Seth's room to `look' for him,” Isis growled, opening the door. The kitchen was empty, and though it was still dark outside, Isis could see the sun barely poking up from the mountains in the distance. She guessed it must've been near dawn. Quietly, she walked over to the doorway leading into the dining hall. Like the kitchen, it was completely empty. She turned back to Shaddah.
 
“Come on. It's safe now,” she whispered, not noticing that Saimun was behind her. Shaddah shook his head frantically and pointed behind her, but Isis simply didn't understand what he was doing.
 
“Safe from what, Priestess Isis?” Saimun asked. Isis let out a screech of terror and turned around to face not only Saimun, but three guards as well. They were unarmed, but raised an amused eyebrow when they saw how terrified she was.
 
“N-nothing, Lord Saimun!” Isis replied, a little too loudly, “Just coming down for a midnight snack! Does the pharaoh want something?” As if to help her story even more, Shaddah grabbed an apple and took a hearty bite from it, nodding in agreement. Saimun watched with faint amusement, and then shook his head.
 
“No, I'm afraid not,” Saimun explained calmly, “The pharaoh has left for beyond the Lion's Gate. He hopes to meet up with Knight Sith there.” Isis looked at one of the guards, and they nodded to confirm what Saimun had said. Shaddah swallowed whatever was in his mouth and threw the apple on the floor.
 
“Wait, what? He's not here!?” Shaddah asked, genuinely surprised, “As in, he's left the palace and he's not coming back?” Saimun nodded.
 
“He won't be back for quite a while, I'm afraid,” Saimun replied. Isis bit her lip nervously, but Shaddah didn't hold his happiness at the news back. He practically jumped into the air with glee.
 
YES! Isis, he's gone!” Shaddah exclaimed, taking the poor priestess's hands and pretty much dancing around, “We're safe from Akunadin!” Unfortunately, Isis saw Akunadin out of the corner of her eye as he entered the kitchen behind Saimun. And he was not happy at all. He narrowed his eyes as he saw Shaddah.
 
“No, you're most certainly not `safe,' Shaddah,” Akunadin growled, “You have a lot of explaining to do, especially as to why you're so happy the pharaoh's risking his life.” Shaddah blinked, realizing he'd just gotten not only himself, but Isis as well, into a lot more trouble than they'd had if he just stayed in the courtroom.
 
---
 
Atemu let his hands slide off of the ladder as he climbed all the way down. Taking a few steps forward, he noticed the sewers looked much nicer than he'd expected. Though the ravine was filled with water, it was clean. The walls glimmered in the light it reflected. Seth and the other two priests came down shortly after, each of them also inspecting the sewer, followed by Bakura, who ignored the ladder altogether and simply jumped down. He landed agilely and looked up, grinning as he saw that Sith was coming down as well.
 
“Just jump, Sith,” he said gently, “I'll catch you.” Sith turned her head and glared at Bakura, continuing her descent down into the sewer.
 
“No. I'm fine on my own,” she said, “Besides, I might accidentally crush you under my armor.” As Sith stepped off of the ladder and looked directly at Bakura, he grinned again, this time his teeth showing.
 
“I'm stronger than you think,” he replied calmly, “I can easily pick you up no matter what you happen to be wearing.” Sith gave him an odd stare, and Atemu twitched angrily. Dignified, he deliberately stepped between Sith and Bakura, taking Sith's arm and leading her away from the thief, who frowned disapprovingly.
 
“Sith, I think you need to lead us through the sewers,” Atemu said, hoping she wouldn't hit him for dragging her along. She didn't lift a finger. He stopped at the water's edge. Sith glanced at him, and noticed he was really annoyed.
 
“Are you all right, sir?” she asked, keeping her voice down so Bakura didn't hear. Atemu clenched his fists, but nodded.
 
“I'm fine,” he replied quickly, “Let's hurry, though. If what you said is true, and the sewers are guarded, it's not safe to stay here for too long.” Sith continued to stare just a second longer, trying to figure out what was wrong, but then she nodded, realizing everyone else was waiting as well. She looked at the water and followed the paths the ravine went through. From there, she could see that one led to a closed gate.
 
“We go this way,” she instructed, pointing to the other path. Atemu still clasping her arm, they walked down the darkening path, the other four quickly following. The torches near the sewer's entrance started lessening in the passage, and soon the only light came from whatever could be reflected from the water's surface. Instantly, Mahaado used a scroll to make a lit torch appear in his hand.
 
“Do people really live down here?” Seth asked, as they continued down the long tunnel. He whispered, even though the only noise was the running water. Something down here didn't feel right.
 
“They don't live here, but there are groups that come down here to conduct business,” It was obvious that Sith felt something was wrong, too, as she also whispered, “The sewers aren't protected by law, so anything dark done down here can't really be prosecuted. Not unless the business finds its way up into daylight.” As they came to an intersection, Sith stopped for a minute to look at something on the wall. Atemu couldn't see what it was, nor did he have time to look as Sith turned toward the right and went down another path.
 
“Are they really stupid enough to do anything shady here?” Bakura asked, as the group went down a flight of stairs into another well-lit tunnel, “If these are the royal sewers, surely someone must patrol them!” Sith glanced at Bakura as they turned into yet another tunnel before her face was concealed in shadow.
 
“Last I remember, we do have guards that patrol the sewers,” Sith replied calmly, “But it's been nearly seven years. That's a long time for this place to change.” Bakura blinked at her. Seven years seemed too long.
 
“How can that be? You came here when you were…” Bakura began, but Sith cut him off.
 
“I haven't been in the sewers for seven years,” Sith corrected, as they turned a sharp corner down a narrower tunnel, “The last time I was, it was to find a necklace I dropped. I remember a guard helping me, but who's to say the guards still come down here?” As Sith and Bakura continued to speak, Seth took to looking at the walls, which he started to regret quickly. Though they were still golden, the darkness made them look grimy, and he could see some form of liquid trickling down their indents. Tree roots had begun to burst through these narrower tunnels, bringing the smell of fresh earth with them. It irritated Seth to smell it.
 
“Are we getting any closer!?” Seth whined after what felt like hours to him, though it'd really only been a few minutes, “I'm sick of smelling this… this… this rat hole.” Sith jerked to an angry stop, and in the process, stopped Atemu as well. She turned back and glared daggers at Seth.
 
“I'm getting quite sick of your complaining, Seth,” she said politely, but furiously, “You haven't produced a single beneficial idea to us, so unless you plan to do anything useful, other than shout and make noise, then I suggest you shut your mouth or get the hell out of our sights. There is no room for hinderers like you.” Seth raised an eyebrow as Sith spoke, obviously feeling she was out of place. Atemu said nothing to stop her, but Seth decided to change that.
 
“I suggest you shut your mouth for once, Sith,” he said arrogantly, and Sith looked at him in complete shock, “All you do is boss us around, and in case you haven't noticed, you're actually the lowest-ranking person here. You're a soldier, nothing more. Your duty is to protect the pharaoh, not make potshots at me for your problems. It's not my fault your brother is ruining your life.” If Seth planned for Sith to lose it, his plan worked. Sith's eyes flashed angrily, and throwing her sword down, she dashed over and kicked Seth hard in the shins. He fell.
 
Son of a BITCH!” she screamed angrily, as Karim and Mahaado both rushed to hold her back, “I'm going to kill you for your remarks! This is YOUR fault, you lazy bastard!! YOU were the one who shirked your job, not me!” Even Bakura was hanging onto her arms as she pin-wheeled to kick Seth again. Unfortunately, she missed as Seth got up and smiled wickedly. He seemed to enjoy that Sith was acting out right in front of Atemu, who looked terrified. Finally, Sith calmed down, as the three men had let her go. But she was breathing heavily. Seth walked over to her.
 
“Just die,” Sith growled angrily. Seth raised an eyebrow again, and pointed one finger to her head. He pressed on her forehead until finally she fell backwards into the water, which was filled with traces of sewage. Down she went, and Bakura screamed angrily when she didn't come back up.
 
“Stay in the mud like the bitch you are,” Seth mumbled. But Atemu could hear him, and as he turned, he saw what he could only think of as the wrath of the gods themselves. Atemu's pendant blazed angrily.
 
“Get out of here,” he growled, slowly at first, and then he began yelling as loud as he could, “GET OUT! Leave us, Seth! Get out, and don't come back until we're finished with this mission! Return to the palace NOW!” As he yelled, Atemu advanced ferociously toward Seth, who looked only moderately confused, but undaunted.
 
“You're relieving me?” Seth asked. Atemu was sure he'd lose his temper like Sith did.
 
“I warned you to never speak to Sith like that, and you've done far worse to her,” Atemu stated, his voice cold and unforgiving, “I do not care if we finish, but I want you to leave right now. Go back, and face Akunadin. I do not care what he does. I do not care if you're killed, or dismissed, or imprisoned, but get out of my sights or I will summon the gods themselves to deal with you. You have acted in a manner that deserves only death, and nothing less.” Atemu could hear Bakura shivering, still watching for Sith to float up, and yet she didn't appear.
 
“With all due respect, my pharaoh, I didn't disrespect you. Sith is out of line,” Seth replied calmly, “She has done nothing but order us around since we found her. She has even gotten arrogant with you. Are you really saying you'd favor her impudence over my loyalty?”
 
“I favor her honor and responsibility over your lies and sniping remarks,” Atemu stated bitterly, “Yes, I favor her much more than you right now. She has done everything I have ever asked, without a shred of complaint. Her slanted words could never hurt me as much as you have, and her slanted words still hold truth to them. Now leave me, until I know Sith is safe, or I will have you killed.” Seth looked over at Karim and Mahaado, but neither of them seemed to be even remotely sympathetic to him. Sighing, he walked back through the tunnels, leaving everyone else at the water's edge, praying for Sith to return.
 
“She hasn't surfaced yet,” Karim whispered. Something began bobbing up toward the top, but it was simply her sword, gray with damage. Bakura fished it out, holding it while holding back tears. Atemu looked at the water, and yet Sith didn't come up.
 
“Her sword…” Bakura whispered, laying it down, “She never lets go of it for too long.”
 
“It isn't black, though,” Karim replied, trying to keep their spirits from crashing, “She might… have a chance.”
 
“She has none,” Atemu stated, both devastated and furious, “Those waters are weighed with dangerous chemicals and waste. She's… she drowned. She died and I did nothing to prevent it… I stood there, terrified to calm her down.” Bakura noticed that Atemu was shaking violently, and beckoned him to sit down with them. He did so, never taking his eyes off of the sword.
 
“I should've stabbed him when I first saw you three,” Bakura grumbled, passing the sword to Atemu, “I should've killed him when I had that chance.” Atemu took the sword and looked at it. Then he turned away. He couldn't look at the metal, which gleamed and shined in a reflected light. It seemed to mock the emptiness he now felt.
 
“Pharaoh?” Mahaado called softly, “Will you be all right?” Atemu looked at him blankly, and shook his head. He didn't know what he actually felt, but he knew he wasn't “all right.”
 
“Of course he isn't!” Bakura snapped angrily, standing up, “None of us are all right! We all watched that bastard drown Sith! If anything, I think we've all been royally screwed! But you know what? I say we go on. We go on, kill Sith's brother, and then head back and beat the living shit out of Seth. I say that's what we do.” Atemu blinked, as Bakura ranted and walked down a random path, not watching where he was headed. The thought appealed highly to the pharaoh, even though it was against all he was meant to stand for, to just kill indiscriminately like he wanted to right then.
 
“Pharaoh?” Karim called, as Mahaado stood up, “The choice is yours to make. Do we go on?” Atemu still didn't answer. Speech seemed almost beyond him as he slowly got himself off of the floor and made his way to the edge, where the water drifted. He looked into the water, but could see nothing beyond the surface. However, he could see that Bakura had fallen into the water and was fighting against the current.
 
“HELP!” Bakura screamed, slashing and thrashing about, “Shit… I fell in, HELP ME!” Karim and Mahaado both rushed over, but Bakura was too far away to grab. Atemu looked at him, wondering just how he managed to fall in, when Bakura let out an unnaturally shrill scream.
 
“Bakura, calm down!” Mahaado called, still trying to find something to help him.
 
Something has my ankle!” Bakura screeched, and soon was pulled under. Atemu continued to watch, completely unable to place any actual feelings, until Knight Sith leapt out of the water, landing on the edge and spilling water everywhere. She was covered in seaweed and soaked paper, but she was alive. And she had Bakura with her. Atemu's eyes widened.
 
“Don't tell me you sent this moron to fetch me, Atemu,” Sith said, letting Bakura go as gently as she could. He fell to the floor slowly, gasping for air. Atemu opened his mouth to say something, but couldn't. Sith walked over, still dripping water everywhere.
 
“Sith!? How did you manage to survive?” Karim exclaimed, exasperated, “Surely you died! You were under for more than ten minutes!” Sith turned sharply to Karim, glaring at him. Then she realized that he wasn't Seth, and her expression calmed.
 
“It wasn't easy, but I had to literally explode my way through the sewage,” Sith replied, “I wasted a lot of power using consecutive Inferno spells.” Karim smiled weakly, very relieved to see that Sith had survived. Atemu tilted his head, eyes still wide with confusion. Sith glanced at him, deeply concerned, but that concern turned to shock when he threw his arms around her and started crying.
 
“I-I thought you'd… S-Sith, I was so scared,” Atemu whispered, as Sith patted his back comfortingly, “I didn't think you'd make it… I thought you died… I thought I lost you.”
 
“It'll take more than one disrespectful idiot and a bunch of sewage to take me out, Atemu,” Sith replied firmly, “Speaking of idiots, where is Seth?” She looked around, thinking maybe she had miscounted. But she hadn't. Only four people were with her. Atemu let go of her and wiped his eyes, slowly regaining a regal posture as opposed to his newer, defeated one.
 
“I dismissed him from this mission,” Atemu replied, “I lost my temper when you went down. I just… what he said after that… I wanted to murder him myself. I told him to not treat you with disrespect, that you had just as much status as he did, and he… he disobeyed a direct order. I couldn't take what he said about you.” Sith's brow furrowed.
 
“What'd he say about me?” she asked, intrigued, but not angry. Bakura sputtered, clumsily getting up as Atemu looked away, unwilling to repeat what he'd heard dripping out of Seth's mouth. Sith turned to Bakura, the same bewildered look in her eyes.
 
“He told you to stay in the dirt like the bitch you are,” Bakura growled, “And trust me, “Princely” over there nipped that little weed in the bud before going completely insane on his sorry ass.” Sith's eyes widened this time, and she looked from Bakura to Atemu, and then back to Bakura again, unable to believe what she heard.
 
“He said that!?” she yelled, “About me!?” Everyone nodded, and then Sith turned to Atemu. “And you… defended me?” Atemu nodded, and Sith smiled.
 
“I almost went to kill him, too,” Atemu admitted, “But that's not a thing the pharaoh should do, is it?” Sith laughed, and shook her head.
 
“No. Rather, the pharaoh lets his pissed-off, vengeful knight kill his priest for him,” Sith replied, laughing, “Come on. We'd better go find the little maggot before he gets himself killed. And trust me, if someone somehow heard what happened, he WILL be killed.” Bakura, having actually seen where Seth had headed, took the lead. They walked down a narrow tunnel, each one of them thinking of different ways to deal with what happened.
 
---
 
“I can't believe he dismissed me like that!” Seth hissed to himself as he stormed down the tunnel, holding one torch that he'd found high above him, “So what if Sith drowned? She's overstepped her boundaries by far.” Seth narrowed his eyes angrily, as though he could kill Sith simply by glaring. He knew he lost his temper, but he felt justified. He hated putting up with Sith.
 
“With any luck, she'll resurface and he'll realize he made a mistake,” Seth grumbled, and then stopped, looking down, “Yeah, like that'll happen. She must've drowned. And even if she didn't, I seriously doubt he'd consider letting me back.” Walking ahead after a moment of thought, Seth suddenly found that he felt horrible about what he'd done. No, not what he'd done, what he said.
 
“But… she insulted me first,” Seth whispered, “She called my mother a bitch. I had every right to push her down.”
 
`No you didn't, and you know it, priest,' came a whisper that Seth didn't recognize. Seth's eyes widened and he flattened against the wall, terrified. The voice wasn't loud, or threatening him, but there was a power in it that terrified him. And how did it know what he did, anyway?
 
“Who are you!?” Seth demanded, “Show yourself!” He made his way to an intersection, and stopped. He had no idea where he was, or where he was going. And now, he felt as though something were trying to find him. And it only made him scared.
 
`You'd love to know who I am, wouldn't you?' The voice said, and though nothing was there, Seth could feel the person behind the voice grinning, `You'll find out soon enough, if you continue toward the palace.'
 
“The palace? But…” Seth stopped, remembering what Sith had said earlier. Her brother had amazing powers, and she said his voice could terrify men simply by speaking. This had to be him. “You're Sith's brother!” Seth exclaimed. The voice laughed.
 
`Are you so sure, priest? For all you know, you might just be going insane,' the voice laughed. Seth clenched his fists. He knew. Somehow, Sceppiro knew what happened. He knew they were coming, which meant the others were dead if he found them.
 
“Leave me alone!” Seth screamed, and ran down the nearest tunnel he could. He didn't look at the plated signs, not that he cared. He was in Sceppiro's grasp now, and all he wanted was to get away. He could hear Sceppiro laughing at the end of his mind. Frantically, he went down another tunnel, nearly slipping on the stones.
 
`Why in such a rush? Are you worried I'll hurt your friends? How about your pharaoh?' the voice asked, mockingly, `Or even Sith?' Seth screeched to a halt this time, and for a minute, he wasn't afraid.
 
“Wait… Sith's alive?” he asked.
 
`Unfortunately, yes. You could've saved me a lot of work, except that her Inferno spell saved her,' the voice replied, `Again, though, why do you care? You were the one who tried to kill her.' Seth closed his eyes tight.
 
“Be silent!” he yelled, continuing on. He didn't care where he went, or even if he found Atemu. He had to get out. Sceppiro was driving him insane. As he turned a corner, he didn't notice that he actually passed everyone else. Bakura halted.
 
“Was that Seth?” he could hear Mahaado asking.
 
“Yes, it was,” Atemu had said, “Seth, stop! Where are you going!?” Though he heard the order, Seth was too terrified by Sceppiro to stop running. Everyone ran after him, but his fear made him faster than most of them.
 
“Damn it! He's too fast!” Bakura yelled, as Seth turned a corner and vanished. Sith, however, went far ahead, as she was much faster than even Bakura. They ran to keep up, but were too far away to help. They saw as Sith jumped over a pile of broken bricks, and finally grasped Seth by the collar of his robes and pulled him down. It was only then that his fear of Sceppiro vanished. He panted heavily, and Sith knew he was shivering. She sat him down.
 
“Seth, what happened!?” she asked, and though Seth could hear the worry in her voice, it took him a minute to answer.
 
“Voice… his voice,” Seth mumbled, “He knows you're here, Sith.” Sith looked back as Atemu and the others came rushing up, just as concerned as she.
 
“Who's coming?” she asked, turning back to Seth.
 
“Your brother,” Seth whispered, “He spoke to me… his voice was terrifying, just like you'd said. It was like a nightmare.” Sith's eyes widened, and Seth knew something horrible had happened. She never looked so upset before.
 
“What!? He spoke to you!?” Sith asked, now in a complete panic, “Seth, what did he say?”
 
“He… he just started mocking me about what happened,” Seth replied, trying to remember clearly. But everything was suddenly becoming very blurry. Sith's expression softened, but he knew she was thinking hard.
 
“Damn it, this isn't good,” Sith mumbled angrily, turning to Atemu, “If my brother knows we're here, we're in a lot of trouble. And if he actually contacted Seth, we're pretty much dead.”
 
“Why?” Atemu asked, as Bakura helped Seth to stand. He felt very weak, but didn't object to the thief. Sith gripped her sword, exhaling heavily.
 
“Because he has a link to us. He can see everything we do, everything we say, everything we try to plan. We're in shambles,” Sith replied grimly, “He's much more powerful than I. And if he knows my abilities, he'll counter them.” Mahaado gasped, and Bakura clenched his fists angrily. Their mission was much harder, and everyone knew that. Seth coughed a little, and looked at Sith.
 
“Why did he choose me?” he asked, “I doubt I'm more powerful than you are, though I hate to admit that much.” Sith's lips tightened, a sure sign that she didn't have an answer.
 
“Hmmm,” she said, thinking hard, “Well, you might have some use to him that we just don't know of yet. And you are the most likely to turn on us anyway. He can use that. Do not ever run off like that again.” Seth blinked. Was Sith really scolding him for something he couldn't control? Atemu had dismissed him! He didn't have a choice!
 
“I had no choice!” Seth cried defensively, “The pharaoh told me to leave. What could I have done?” Sith gave him a disbelieving stare as she placed her hands on her hips.
 
“I'd have thought trying to help me was a good start,” she said coldly, “But I forgot for a second, you're the one who wanted me dead. Of course that wouldn't occur to you.” Seth twitched. Sith was getting on his nerves again, though a small part of him told himself that her anger was warranted.
 
“Well, he's here, so what do we do?” Bakura asked, his hand resting casually over a dagger on his belt. Seth eyed it carefully, watching Bakura's movements in case he drew it. Sith looked to Atemu, who seemed very bitter to let Seth back in.
 
“Sith, he tried to kill you,” Atemu whispered, “Are you telling me to let him join us again? You, of everyone?” Sith nodded grimly. Seth could tell neither one liked her choice.
 
“We don't have many options, Atemu. My brother will try and control him without us there,” Sith replied, as though Seth weren't there listening, “And though I'm worried about another unwarranted attempt on my life, that's a risk I'll take over my brother collecting another pawn for this war.” Atemu looked disheartened to hear that statement, but he understood. Reluctantly, he nodded.
 
“All right,” he said, and then turned to Seth, “One more temper tantrum, and you'll be dismissed from my palace entirely. I mean it this time. Your actions have already nearly killed my knight twice.” Seth swallowed hard, and then nodded. Sith, who'd taken the minute to examine something else on the wall, started walking down a shorter tunnel. Even from there, Bakura could see that it spilled golden light into the edge of this tunnel. He grinned.
 
“Does this mean we're close to the palace?” he asked, joining Sith. She glanced back at him, and nodded as Atemu joined them, if only to glare at Bakura. Bakura's grin widened when he saw this.
 
“Yes. Just around this corner, and the steps should be…. here,” Sith replied, as they turned. Indeed, the steps leading upward were there, and the grate above was wide opened, letting in a refreshingly cold breeze. When the three priests managed to see the door, they were so relieved that they ran ahead of Sith and out into the open daylight again.
 
“Come on, let's go!” Bakura exclaimed playfully, taking Sith's hand and pulling her up the stairs with him. Atemu's eyes widened angrily, and he clenched his fists to keep himself from going after Bakura. Sith looked back down at him, very nervous, and he smiled. She was really uncomfortable with what was going on. Atemu ran up the stairs after them, and the three of them burst into the early morning sunlight as well. Bakura inhaled vigorously.
 
“It feels nice to be out of there,” Sith commented, letting go of Bakura quickly, “Though the sewers are clean, the air is stagnant down there. I prefer this.” Atemu silently agreed. Seth was looking at something towards their right, however, and when Atemu turned, he saw that it was the palace. And it was incredibly close. It was breath-taking from this distant. Pure, blue crystals poked into the sky, and each one refracted the light in a different and equally stunning way. At the tops, Atemu could barely see that they were capped with gold. The doors and windows were made of a clearer crystal, but the frames were gold as well.
 
“You lived there?” Bakura asked, breathless, “It's beautiful!” Sith, however, didn't look impressed at all. No, if anything, she was upset. Atemu glanced at her with deep concern.
 
“Let's go in, if we're planning on going in at all,” she said quietly. Atemu could tell she didn't want to go inside, and the more they stood out there, the more she regretted her decision. Nodding, Atemu led the way toward the front doors, which towered above him. Sith came up shortly after and touched the doors, which glowed in response. Then, slowly but quietly, they opened up. A feeling of terror and darkness rushed out, and everyone shivered. Now they had to go in, as it felt like none of them could escape. One by one, they made their way into the large hall, where a giant staircase stood.
 
“Sceppiro, you had better show yourself.”
 
-----------------------------(End chapter)
 
Well, Atemu's group finally made it inside the castle, but the danger's far from over. Can they find Sceppiro in this mighty castle that strikes fear into the hearts of anyone venturing too close? And will Sceppiro try to torment Seth again? What was his purpose for contacting the scared priest? And will Cydandilus join them again? Find out next chapter, so click that Review button!