Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Seth's Magical Adventure! ❯ The Worst Storm ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. Kazuki Takahashi does, and he's the reason I still have my sanity.
 
“I can't believe your great plan to avoid the guards is to hide in here!” Isis hissed, as she sat on the cot in the cell, if it could even be called that, “We're in prison already! Why would we hide here!?” Shaddah, who'd been standing at the cell door keeping watch, shivered. The Prisoner's tower was drafty, especially on the lower levels. Hence why it was almost never used. Almost all of the prisoners were placed elsewhere or simply kept under surveillance depending on their crime.
 
“They won't look for us in here,” Shaddah reminded her, “And we are in a lot of trouble.” Isis resentfully agreed, as most of the trouble was due to Shaddah in the first place. She wanted to scream at him. Why did he have to go and blurt out the fact that they lied? She was about to get them out of another very bad situation and he screwed it up again. She crossed her arms.
 
“Yes, no thanks to you, Shaddah,” she said sternly, “If you'd just shut that mouth of yours and let me speak, we'd be out of the palace to find everyone else. But no, you had to pull your honesty pitch again.” Shaddah stared at Isis. It was usual, and frowned upon, to lie to anyone, especially your superiors. And Isis broke both rules in the blink of an eye.
 
“We're High Priests. What example are we setting for the citizens by lying our way out of our responsibilities?” Shaddah asked, feeling as though he'd just won their argument. But, Isis shattered that feeling quickly.
 
“You assumed I was lying. We were going to go and stop him,” Isis said blandly, “He had a stupid plan, and who knows what price they're paying for it. But now, we can't do anything except sit in here until you find a way to fix this.” Shaddah stared at her again, eyes widening. She looked quite stubborn, and he knew she was unwilling to change her mind.
 
“Why me!?” he asked, and Isis smirked.
 
“Because you're the reason we're in here,” she said, “Now, get to work.”
 
---
 
As Seth and the rest of the gang stood outside two large, crystal doors that apparently led into the Observatory, Sceppiro knocked on them carefully as the others simply watched. Sith shifted nervously.
 
“Chancellor, please, open up,” Sceppiro called gently, but when the chancellor didn't answer, Sith moved Sceppiro aside. She narrowed her eyes and kicked the door open, the doors flying with no effort at all. Right at the doorstep was the chancellor. He was dead, the whites of his eyes becoming glossy. Sith screamed and jumped back, knocking into Atemu by accident, who caught her and looked at the body in horror. Mahaado walked up and knelt down to examine, and shook his head sadly.
 
“He's dead, sir,” Mahaado told Sceppiro, “He must've been dead for some time, as his body is as cold as the snow outside.” Sith looked at Sceppiro questioningly, and he looked as horrified as Atemu was.
 
“T-that's… that's not possible!” Sceppiro exclaimed, kneeling as well, “I was up here not even an hour ago, speaking to him of our plans. He was supposed to get the globe warmed up so I could show you what my idea of attack was when you did come.” Tears formed in Sceppiro's eyes as he said, “He was our kingdom's most loyal servant… and look at what my actions caused.” Sith knelt down next to him, patting his back.
 
“You did not do this, Sceppiro,” she said, “He was alive when you left. Someone… or something… must've attacked him when you were gone.” Seth surprisingly agreed, as that seemed to be the only logical cause of the man's death. He looked from Mahaado to Sceppiro, and then noticed something strange about the man. There was a blue tint to his body. It wasn't from the lighting, as the room was too dim to cast such an effect. He tugged on Sith's cape, getting her attention, and pointed the tint out.
 
“Does that look natural to you?” he asked. Sith raised a puzzled eyebrow, wondering why Seth would ask her, and then knelt again to get a better look. Mahaado held a light to help her see better in the darkness. She gasped.
 
“My Ra… Sceppiro, the chancellor was killed by magic,” Sith whispered, backing away, “Very powerful magic, at that. Was anyone else with you?” Sceppiro looked at the chancellor distantly. He was one of the best at neutralizing magical damage. Someone above even Sceppiro's power had to have done this, but Sceppiro couldn't understand who it was, or who would do such an act of treason. He shook his head as his sister's question processed in his mind.
 
“No, not to my knowledge,” Sceppiro replied, “But… I couldn't have killed him. I'm not as strong as his defense was. And even if it was… he cared for us all as though we were his family, Sith. I would never…”
 
“I never said you did this, Sceppiro,” Sith said calmly, “In fact, I said you didn't. But something had to have done this. Is there anyone who could've matched his power?” All eyes fell on Sceppiro, and he looked down. There was one person who did, who was still actually alive. His eyes narrowed angrily.
 
“Rath could have,” he replied bitterly, “But only that I know of. There could be others, and we have no proof that she was here.” Sith nodded grimly, as Sceppiro had a very good point. Seth walked into the room, along with Bakura and Karim. Atemu stayed back with Sith and Mahaado as Sceppiro rushed in, the thought of the globe being destroyed flashing through his mind. Thankfully, the large, crystal orb, which Seth assumed was the globe in question, was unharmed. Its surface gleamed, even in the darkness. Sceppiro sighed with relief.
 
“The globe survived,” he said, though it wasn't as enthusiastic as Sith expected, “Was he trying to protect it?” Sith's expression softened and she returned her gaze to the chancellor. Atemu looked at him as well, and immediately thought of Saimun.
 
“He was a good man,” Sith was saying, snapping Atemu out of his thoughts, “He loved everything my father could build from the crystal ore, whether it was just a knife or an artifact like that globe. He promised to protect everything in this castle…” She laid a hand on the chancellor's forehead, whispering a small spell in the Esper language as Atemu watched. But when she pulled her hand away, something caught her attention. She shook her hand.
 
“Knight Sith, what's wrong?” Mahaado asked, as she shook her hand harder. Her left eye twitched with annoyance.
 
“There is… some sort of substance on my hand,” she said, taking her glove off. Atemu saw that the glove appeared wet, and stained purple, “It's blood… but… there's something else.” Sceppiro walked over and looked at Sith's hand. That was definitely Esper blood staining her glove, but it was glittering with powder.
 
“Is that moon glow?” he asked, shocked.
 
“It appears to be,” Sith replied, a look of pure disgust on her face, “It smells of… musk… disgusting musk.” Atemu gingerly sniffed the air around Sith, and wrinkled his nose. Something didn't smell right. Sceppiro shivered, and Sith coughed.
 
“It's Rath's scent,” Sceppiro growled, “So she WAS here.” Sith twitched again, and Atemu brought her over to a basin filled with water, washing her hand off. Then he dipped her glove in, and the stain evaporated. Seth looked around the room, as the smell disappeared, and paid careful attention to the corners. The shadows flickered, but nothing moved. It was simply a torch.
 
“Think she's still in here?” Bakura asked, brandishing a dagger. As Atemu dried Sith's hand, she shook her head.
 
“Doubt it,” she replied, smiling as Atemu let go of her hand, “Rath is terrible, but she's not stupid. She wouldn't stay. Sceppiro, what did the Globe say?” Sceppiro blinked, and then blushed with embarrassment. In all of the excitement, he had forgotten to check. He rushed over and turned the Globe on. A map of the entire region of Nesce appeared, with four circles hovering over the area of Mount Sabil. Seth guessed those were the islands that Sceppiro mentioned.
 
“The islands are still?” Sceppiro observed, confusion clear in his voice, “That means that Rath tampered with them… somehow. This is not a good sign.”
 
“Should we get over there?” Mahaado asked, looking at the Globe with intensity. He'd never seen anything quite like it, and its luminous surface lit up the entire room, giving it a futuristic feeling. Sceppiro's eyes narrowed, though only because he had trouble deciding what to do. He looked to Sith, but she was talking to Atemu.
 
“No,” Sceppiro replied, “Rath would expect that. Pharaoh, we should leave the kingdom. May we retreat to Egypt?” Sith looked at Sceppiro quickly, and Atemu's eyes widened. He agreed, staying wasn't safe, but would Egypt be any better? Atemu looked at Sith.
 
“What do you think?” he asked, hoping Sith would be able to help him decide. He had no idea what choice was right. And unfortunately, neither did Sith.
 
“We must run,” she replied seriously, “Those islands are the core of the Nesce kingdom's weather. Once they stop moving, we won't know what could happen. Egypt… might be the best bet we have.” Atemu nodded.
 
“Agreed. Seth, Mahaado, Karim, please lead the way,” Atemu commanded, and they all ran out of the observatory as a window imploded, sending shards of glass everywhere. They ran down the stairs as another window elsewhere shattered, and Sith nearly lost her balance, grabbing onto Atemu's collar as she fell, the two of them crashing onto the floor as a stair crackled.
 
“What's going on!?” Bakura asked, jumping off the railing to the ground floor as Atemu ran down the rest of the stairs, carrying Sith. Her boot had caught on a shard, twisting her ankle for the time being, but as another explosion slammed the staircase, Atemu set her down, and she jumped into the air, Atemu hanging onto her arm, and they landed on the ground floor, where everyone else was waiting.
 
“Rath must be back,” Sith replied angrily, “The stupid fool…” Not stopping to rest, she ran ahead out of the castle, Sceppiro straining to keep up. They were heading out to face Rath first, as everyone else followed later. Cydandilus was waiting for them in the courtyard, his ship revving and waiting, but Sith instructed everyone else to board without her.
 
“What!? Are you crazy!?” Seth asked, when she commanded them, “We're not leaving you here. The pharaoh would go insane if you didn't come back to us.”
 
“Go,” Sith said, “Now!” She shoved Seth onto the deck, and then Sceppiro dragged Atemu on, who was looking at Sith with concern and sadness. Whatever she was planning, he didn't want her to execute it. But he couldn't stop her. As he was forced on board, Cyd was already piloting the ship off of the land, heading upward as far as the mountain summits were, leaving Sith below, though the ship wasn't moving fast. Atemu leaned over the railings, calling to get Sith to come back, but she either ignored him or didn't hear a word. He turned back to Cyd.
 
“What are you doing!? We have to go and get her!” Atemu cried, pointing toward the snow, where Sith was kneeling, preparing for something. Sceppiro simply looked away, and Cyd simply raised an eyebrow at Atemu's protest.
 
“My pharaoh, Sith was clear that we leave without her,” Karim said sternly as Cyd drove the ship upwards still, as magic thundered angrily on the city below. Atemu shook his head.
 
“And I'm making it clear that we go and get her!” Atemu retorted, equally as stern, “I am not leaving my knight there alone. She's been with me since my father was ruler. I won't…”
 
“Would you shut yer trap for once, boy?” Cyd growled, and Atemu fell silent, glaring at him as he worked with the wheel, “Sith's not gonna come here no matter how much you whine, so shut up and sit down.” Atemu clenched his fists angrily. He wanted to scream, wanted to throw someone off of the ship for not listening to him, but they were all right. Sith said to leave, and they were only doing as she asked, though why she wanted to fight alone wasn't known to Atemu. Bakura looked down far below, and saw a glowing figure, which was Sith. He could smell that she was casting something.
 
“Is she going to fight whoever's throwing spells at us?” Bakura asked, as a streak of lightning nearly missed the ship's left wing. Cursing, Cyd skillfully avoided it, but in doing so, made everyone fall over from the sudden turn. When Sceppiro recovered, holding Atemu to keep him from falling off, he nodded.
 
“Looks that way,” he replied, “My sister doesn't want us in the way. She can't protect us once she's in the sky.” Everyone except Cyd looked at Sceppiro. They had no idea what he was talking about. Sith had wings, yes, but they were too small for flight. Seth especially seemed really confused.
 
“In the sky? What are you talking about, Esper?” Seth asked, and Sceppiro grinned.
 
“You'll see in about…” as Sceppiro began, something silver shot into the air, a good distance away, “Now.” Everyone looked, and they could see that Sith was definitely what went into the air, her wings having grown much bigger than they should've been.
 
“What the hell happened!?” Bakura exclaimed, watching with a mixture of shock and complete awe, “When did she sprout her wings!?” Sceppiro walked over to the rail, looking at his sister. She had her sword slung to her back, and retrieved a spear from one of the guards, using it as skillfully as though it were her first weapon of choice. She was aiming at something as she thrust the spear into what appeared to be thin air, and then something became visible, falling directly out of the sky.
 
“Espers are naturally equipped to take jobs as dragoons or knights in royal courts. Why do you think she was so powerful with a sword?” Sceppiro commented, as Sith knocked down many more targets with her spear, still in the air, “Most humans don't use our services, but the legendary dragoons of earlier times… most of them were Espers. As for the wings, we don't grow them until we're in the air. We don't need them, most of the time. Only a few subspecies of Espers have naturally large wings.” Seth, Bakura, and Atemu continued to watch targets fall from the sky, thanks to Sith's well-aimed thrusts. They noticed that as she took down more and more of whatever she was attacking, the magic slowly stopped raining down on the hapless capital below. However, her own silver glow was quickly dimming, and soon she was falling, though she positioned her angle in such a way that she fell directly on the ship, landing smoothly and putting her spear down only momentarily. Seth looked at her, wide-eyed, as he realized that he truly was lucky that she never did attack him for his behavior. He would've lost very, very quickly.
 
“Nice shot, sister,” Sceppiro said, grinning, as Sith nodded, an equally proud smile on her face. Atemu sighed a heavy sigh of relief, and Bakura clapped the knight on her back. Cyd grinned as he continued steering the ship.
 
“Good work! I'm very proud of you, Sith,” Karim exclaimed, as Sith walked over to sit down next to him, “Nothing I could've taught you would've worked better.” Sith agreed, though she didn't bring that part up. Bakura and Seth came over, but Atemu simply stood back as they all talked amongst each other. He'd only ever seen Sith leap into the air once in a fight, and the effects were tremendous. He didn't think he'd see it again, and it only just hit him how powerful she truly was.
 
“Reconsidering your plan of keeping her in Egypt?” Sceppiro whispered, seeming to have read Atemu's thoughts. Atemu looked at him, shocked with the accusation, but nodded sadly. He didn't expect Sceppiro to be disappointed. And yet, Sceppiro was as he said, “You do realize that by deciding that, you're not only breaking both of your fathers' wishes, but you might be breaking hers as well, right?”
 
“I didn't know… I mean, I knew she was much stronger than any of my officers, but,” Atemu kept his voice low, “I've never seen her glow like that. Why would she waste her time with my kingdom when you need her here?” Sceppiro smiled, but didn't answer Atemu's question. Sighing, Atemu went to join everyone. For once, Seth and Sith seemed to be discussing something, and it sounded grim. As soon as he saw Atemu, Seth stood up.
 
“My pharaoh, Sith has bad news,” Seth stated, and with a nod from Sith, continued, “She defeated the creatures throwing magic at us, but…”
 
“But what?” Atemu asked, looking at Sith. She looked exhausted, her skin much paler than Atemu was comforted with.
 
“Rath was not among them,” Sith finished with regret, “She… is still out there, somewhere. I'm sorry, sir. I could not protect you during the storm.” Atemu's shoulders relaxed, as he heard the tone of sadness in Sith's voice. He put a hand on her shoulder, smiling as she looked up at him, bewildered. If she expected to be expelled from him, it wasn't happening then.
 
“You protected us in a different way, Sith,” Atemu said, with Mahaado nodding with agreement, “I didn't ask you to stay by my side all of the time. Your duty was to protect me however you can. And, though we all have feelings on what you did, you did that rather spectacularly.” Sith started to say something, but then seemed to decide it was best if she simply let it be. Besides, what Bakura said next made her feel a bit better.
 
“Besides, if you stayed up here, who's to say you wouldn't have been hit with those spells?” Bakura asked, grinning, “What use would a pile of smoldering, while still beautifully captivating, ashes be to the pharaoh?” Sith laughed, seemingly ignoring the obvious flirting Bakura was trying to do. He did have a point, no matter how badly it'd been portrayed. But Atemu clenched his fists again. He decided that if he was going to throw anyone off the ship, it was definitely Bakura. And judging by the glares from Sceppiro and Cyd, as they also heard the flirting being done, they'd be the ones volunteering to help Atemu dump the thief over. The whole thought appealed wildly to Atemu as Bakura began to contradict himself by listing what Atemu could've done with a pile of ashes, but when Sith asked him to stop, Atemu's thought returned. He felt unusually happy to hear Sith's disapproval with the thief.
 
“That is enough, Bakura,” Sith said calmly, yet very sternly, “I get your point. Still, I'm curious. If Rath caused this… why isn't she with those… those things?” At that question, everyone looked at the deck, save for Cyd, who was still steering the ship as it finally ascended over the large, snowy mountain. Thankfully, the snowstorm had died down, making passage over the mountain easier, but as they flew over the mountain, over a small plains, and then over what appeared to be another mountain cliff, the sight shocked everyone, save for the three Espers. They weren't just traveling off of the continent. Nesce was suspended over the ocean, as though the continent itself was floating. Far to the left, Egypt's border, and the Lion's Gate, stood silent.
 
“Whoops! Looks like I went a little too left,” Cyd commented, steering over slowly as everyone continued to look over the railing. The sight was breathtaking, especially as Cyd lowered the ship slightly. They saw that the continent didn't actually float, but a giant column of mountain supported the large continent, with several large stalactites hanging off of the bottom for more balance. The gate's tunnel slanted outwardly, explaining why there were so many stairs inside the Lion's Gate. Sceppiro sighed.
 
“This is the first time I've ever left Aeroglyph,” he stated calmly, as they slowly drifted away from the large, suspended continent, “Sith… what is Egypt like?” Atemu turned his head toward his knight, whose one word response ignited a roar of laughter from the priests and Bakura.
 
“Hot,” she said simply, “Hot, and dry. Oh, and dangerous. Aside from dying of dehydration from the total lack of water, you could also starve to death, get poisoned, get mugged, get kidnapped, be murdered, beaten, and if you're truly unlucky, an animal could eat you. Aside from that, it's nice.” Sceppiro and Atemu looked at each other, wide-eyed. Atemu couldn't believe that Sith would describe his kingdom like that, and Sceppiro was ready to pee his pants, despite his ability with a sword. Seth and Bakura couldn't help but snicker at first, and then just outright started laughing as Sith listed the many ways they could die in the desert, which she referred to as “the middle of nowhere.”
 
“Sith!” Atemu cried in desperation when Sith began talking about priests messing up a spell, and how a guard swelled until he literally burst, sending guts, organs, and blood spewing everywhere, “That is disgusting! I've never heard of such an incident!” Sith raised a bemused eyebrow, and Sceppiro actually threw up over the side of the ship, much more sensitive than his sister thought.
 
“Well, it happened. Why don't you try asking one of your high priests?” Sith suggested, almost amused. She became even more smug when both Karim and Mahaado looked very, very freaked out. Atemu tilted his head suspiciously.
 
“Did it actually happen?” he asked calmly, and sheepishly, Karim slowly nodded his head.
 
“Yes, about seven years ago, sir,” Karim replied, “I-it was… well, Mahaado was nervous and…”
 
“Excuse me!? I was nervous!? YOU were the one shaking in your robes that morning!” Mahaado yelled defensively, crossing his arms, “How dare you place the blame on me!” Karim's eyes widened.
 
“It was your spell!” Karim yelled back, equally as defending, “It just happened to bounce off of my shield spell!” Mahaado and Karim glared at each other, and Seth grinned maliciously, remembering how they had attacked each other in the hall for trying harder to get away from Seth. Sith's eyebrow was still raised with amusement as the two priests continued to bicker. Meanwhile, Atemu stared at them, his expression one of both exasperation and the need to throttle something for their behavior.
 
“The point is that something terrible happened, so it's both of your faults,” Seth concluded instantly, grinning as he added, “And I'm glad I had nothing to do with it.”
 
IT WAS HIS FAULT!” Mahaado and Karim both yelled, pointing at the other, “HE-“
 
Enough!” Sith said sharply, brandishing her sword, “Sir, I think you have your answer. It did happen, and if another one of you tries to blame it on someone, I'll cut all three of your tongues out and serve them to you for dinner.” Bakura simply smiled approvingly as the effect she put on the priests were instantaneous. Mahaado and Karim immediately silenced themselves, and Seth just became furious.
 
“Why threaten me!?” he asked, his shoulders tight with sudden rage, “I didn't do anything!”
 
“You riled them up even more, you stupid git,” Sith retorted crossly, “Now sit down and shut that mouth.” She turned her back to talk to Atemu once more, and Seth sulked onto the floor, making sure to be as loud as possible. Once again, she was allowed to assert her authority on him, and he now remembered why he hated her.
 
“I don't want to go to Egypt anymore,” Sceppiro said childishly, as he had once more thrown up over the side of the ship, “Uncle Cyd, turn back.” Bakura snorted, and Sith rolled her eyes. Seth ignored the flustered Esper outright, and Cyd raised an eyebrow as he took his goggles off.
 
“Are you crazy, boy!? We're nearly there! I ain't turning back to that stinkin' hellhole!” Cyd said forcefully, and Sith saw Sceppiro's face turn green with sickness, “Oh, grow up, Sceppiro! You're not seven!” Sith simply patted her brother's back as he threw up again, the image of a guard exploding for no reason still strong in his mind.
 
“I sort of forgot, his stomach isn't nearly as strong as mine,” Sith commented, as Sceppiro threw up, “Sorry, sir.” Atemu smiled weakly, though he was just trying hard not to laugh. It was almost comedic, this once-feared enemy of his was becoming sick simply from one thought.
 
“It's all right, Sith. Anything you need to do, just do it,” Atemu replied calmly, as Sceppiro moaned.
 
I WANT TO GO HOME!
 
“Sceppiro, shut up!” Sith screamed angrily, pulling her brother from over the side, “Get a damn grip on yourself! You are the king of our homeland! Start acting your age, and stop this whining now!” Sceppiro stared at Sith, hardly able to believe his own sister would be scolding him. Maybe he was foolish, but what she said… made him feel even smaller than he already felt. Seth was sure Sith would get her just desserts, but once again, his wish was denied.
 
“Sorry, sister,” Sceppiro said, dusting his coat off, “I suppose… I let my fear get in the way. Are we almost there?” Sith looked at Sceppiro suspiciously, wondering if this was just another charade of his. Cyd seemed to be wondering the same thing.
 
“We're making a land soon,” Cyd replied bluntly, “You feeling better, boy?”
 
“Yes…” Sceppiro's voice trailed off, as something was sounding off back toward Nesce. He looked over the edge, as did Sith, Bakura, and Atemu. Seth turned his head, but in his refusal to move, he couldn't see anything. But something was wrong. Everyone was quiet, and only Cyd's cursing broke that silence.
 
SHIT!” Cyd yelled, steering the ship to dive closer, “Something's coming after us!”
 
“Is it Rath!?” Karim asked, getting up and running over. Sith was straining to see, but had no idea what was coming.
 
“I can't see anything,” she replied, “But there is something following us. Everyone, weapons out! Now!” Following her orders, Mahaado and Karim drew their staves as Bakura took out two knives. Atemu and Sceppiro took their swords, and Seth drew the Millennium Rod quickly. Sith finally drew her own sword, its blade glowering an angry purple, and only Cyd remained in his current duty, as someone had to steer the ship. Whatever was coming was finally taking shape, dark, black, hooded shapes that brought an ugly, inky purple to the sky as they flew.
 
“What are those things!?” Atemu asked, as the creatures flew closer and closer. Sith was holding her sword close to her cheek in a defensive stance, her eyes a flashing combination of green, then turning to red every few seconds.
 
“Dark Espers,” Sith replied angrily, “Mystics, as they're sometimes known.”
 
“And look who's in front,” Sceppiro added grimly, pointing. Seth strained to see, and saw a beautiful woman in a large cloak. Her skin was silver, her eyes a blazing orange, much like Cyd's. Her hair was even whiter than Bakura's, set into long spikes above her head. Her lips were a blood-curdling red, and her expression was wicked.
 
“Rath!” Sith and Atemu both concluded together, and Sith added, “So, she finally decided to reveal herself.”
 
“Is it safe to fight up here?” Mahaado asked, as the Dark Espers drew nearer. Sith looked around frantically. It really wasn't, but they had no choice. Rath was pursuing them. They had to defend, or they would die.
 
“It's safer than the alternative,” Sith said grimly, “Prepare yourselves for the worst! Rath is the most ruthless being in Nesce.” Everyone nodded, getting their weapons ready. Cyd pressed something, and cannons seemed to appear on the ship, in random points, but all aimed at Rath's group as they advanced ever closer. Sith reverted to an attacking stance. In one last rallying cry, she roared over the wind.
 
IF WE DIE TONIGHT, THEN LET'S GIVE RATH A TASTE OF HELL!
 
-----------------------------(End Chapter)
 
As it turns out, Sceppiro is still a trustworthy ally, at least for now. But, now as they escape to Egypt, Rath finally appears, showering our heroes with whatever she can throw at them. But what are her motives, and why is she attacking both Nesce and Egypt? Can everyone handle her as Cyd makes his way to the palace? Will reinforcements come to aid their pharaoh in what could be a very terrible battle? And can Shaddah and Isis get to the front before Akunadan gives them the Pharaoh's Wrath? Find out next chapter, so click that Review button!