Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Seth's Magical Adventure! ❯ Two Espers are More Annoying than One! ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. Takahashi does, and he can't believe a dragon is helping Seth. I can't, either. Dragons would hate Seth.
 
The palace had become amazingly silent in the short time it took for the guards to tell Atemu of Nesce's unstable condition. All form of attack had been called off for fear they would attract the new weapon the guard had spoken of. The planning had been postponed, no one having any idea what to even suggest now. Nesce was floating away from them, it seemed. Atemu glanced at Sith, but she seemed completely disoriented from the news.
 
“Is Lady Sith okay?” Mana asked, noticing the distant look in Sith's eyes. Atemu bit his lip. He didn't actually know how she was feeling. But, she was clearly not herself.
 
“I… I don't know,” he replied, looking down, “I'd imagine she's doing badly, though.” Cyd, who was speaking with Siamun, actually wrapped Atemu on the head when he finished speaking, glaring at the boy angrily.
 
“Don't know!? What do you mean, `ya don't know!?” he exclaimed angrily, “How can ya not know how yer own friend is doing, boy!? She's sittin' right there in a fog, and the best yer gonna do is `I don't know!?' I ought to kick you in yer royal ass!”
 
“Uncle!” Sceppiro scolded, his brows furrowing, “That's not how we treat our allies!”
 
“Ah, shut yer trap, Sceppiro,” Cyd retorted sharply, “You ought to talk, Mr. Let's close the Gate for all Eternity!” Sceppiro blinked, and opened his mouth to object, but no sound came out. He had no point to argue with; Cyd was actually right. But, at that moment, Sith looked up, snapping out of her thoughts.
 
“Both of you silence yourselves right now,” she said sternly, “This is a bad situation. We do not need to fight amongst each other. I implore… no, I insist, that you both cease this and let me concentrate.” Atemu glanced at Sith as both Sceppiro and Cyd hung their heads.
 
“You have a plan?” he asked. She shook her head, but looked toward the entrance of the audience chamber as the guards scurried with various activities to attend to.
 
“No. Not a plan, but an inkling,” she replied calmly, “There is a fourth Esper here, and a powerful one. I believe he may be able to help us.” Unfortunately, the sheer size of the room caused her voice to echo, and her explanation was heard all around. Everyone stopped moving, and looked directly as her.
 
“…another Esper?” Isis asked, frowning, “Knight Sith, are you quite sure?”
 
“Yes. It is no Mystic,” Sith replied, equally as stern, “It's quite far… but I believe it's trying to reach Egypt. I can't tell why, but it's coming toward us.” Silence greeted those words. No one was against an Esper, but the news was shocking. Why would an Esper come out when Nesce was in so much peril? All of the priests looked at one another, and finally, Mahaado looked up at Atemu.
 
“Sir, what do we do?” he asked, “Prepare for its arrival?” Atemu opened his mouth to speak, but Sith shook her head, inadvertently cutting in on Atemu.
 
“No,” she replied, and everyone looked at her again, “To do so is utter madness. That would attract Rath's weapon directly on us and wipe us all out. We… we must wait further. We're being backed into a corner; we can't prepare for anything. We do not know if this Esper is friendly or not.”
 
“So, we sit and do nothing?” Atemu asked her, and unfortunately, she nodded grimly, clutching her sword.
 
“I do not approve of it either, my friend, but we've no choice,” she stated firmly, “These are dangerous times, and the Esper may very well… be from Rath as well.” Atemu didn't like that thought, but he agreed to it. They had lost too much already, what with Bakura and Seth. He knew rushing out there to greet an Esper was foolish. For now, he trusted Sith's advice.
 
--------------------------------
 
“I've never flown this high before!” Bakura exclaimed, as Bahamut soared higher into the sky, much higher than Nesce itself had ever gone, “Espers are lucky!” Clouds appeared all around them, and as Bakura reached out to touch one, it dissolved in his hands, turning to a wet vapor. He looked at it curiously, and grinned at the sheer sight. Clouds! They were soaring through actual clouds!
 
“I feel sick,” Seth mumbled, looking over Bahamut's side, “Bahamut, sir, how high do we need to go? And, just where are we going?” Bahamut glanced back at the two with a huge, golden eye as his wings flapped mightily, blowing another cloud away as he went onward.
 
“We must fly high enough to avoid detection,” Bahamut told him calmly, “Even with my superior power, Rath may be able to sense me. As to our destination, we must see what damage Rath has done. Only then can we know the severity of what we may be facing.”
 
“But what about Egypt?” Bakura asked carefully, frowning, “Didn't you say you needed Sith and Sceppiro?” Bahamut snorted, and nodded his large head, opening his wings to let his body glide as he spoke to his human allies.
 
“Yes, I did quite so,” he replied, “But I must speak with Tiamat before that. We must bring the most powerful Espers together to stop this; getting Tiamat first will save tremendous bouts of time, my children.” Bakura hummed. He didn't like the thought of seeing another dragon, but if it would help them, he had no reason to complain. He simply was just worried for everyone else. He glanced at Seth, but the priest seemed only mildly annoyed with the flight as he looked down below.
 
“So, where is Tiamat?” Seth asked, after a few silent moments of flight went by. Bahamut went just a tad higher, and Bakura shivered from the cold. They had to be over 6,000 feet from the ground at that point, and any form of building was nearly unseen from such a distance.
 
“Tiamat should be somewhere within Vaporus Arius,” Bahamut replied, “I believe she might be resting. I certainly hope she didn't vacate the premises.”
 
“If she's a dragon, I'm not entirely surprised if she decided to leave,” Bakura stated, “Dragons don't normally live in the same place forever, do they?” Bahamut chuckled. It was obvious that Bakura knew a little bit about dragons, but even so, Bahamut knew Tiamat wouldn't leave so suddenly like that; she had been in Vaporus Arius for nearly as long as Nesce had been in this world.
 
“That may be true, but Tiamat and I came here for a very real reason,” Bahamut explained to him, as they finally saw a floating cloud spire in the far distance, “She would not simply leave this world when such peril racks it.” Bakura nodded, but something else sparked Seth's mind. Bahamut had mentioned other worlds, but why were they so vested in this one? What was special on this particular world?
 
“…why this world?” Seth asked, and Bakura glanced back at him, “Why did you all come here? You said there were… other worlds, right?” Bahamut stopped slowly, and looked down, to the earth very, very far below. He had said that, and he never expected any human to question it. None had yet to do so.
 
“…yes, I did,” he finally replied, “And the answer is, we do not know why. This world drew us to it. Not all of us… prefer the isolation of the Esper world. It is a huge, vast world, and Nesce is a small part of it, but we are lonely. We do not like being kept in a single world.”
 
“But why did you come here?” Seth asked, more pointedly this time, “Weren't there other worlds?”
 
“Yes, but this world in particular… drew our attention,” Bahamut told him, “When Tiamat and I first arrived, we were simply coming to see how this world connected to Oblivion. In every world, there is a small portal that connects it to Oblivion. But… this world's ability with magic, and with incorporating it into such mundane tools… amused us. What we did not realize was how close to Oblivion this world had come to.”
 
“So you stayed to try and help us?” Bakura asked, and Bahamut nodded regretfully.
 
“Yes… we sealed the portal into one of the floating rings of Nesce, situated on an island that floats around it. We did not realize that, if we brought Nesce here, Claude Winchester would inadvertently break the seal by sending Rath to remain there,” Bahamut said sadly, “I don't think he even realized it… the poor man. He was by far one of our best soldiers and rulers.” Bakura looked down again. Claude Winchester was Sith's father; it was no wonder she felt personally responsible for what was going on. Nor was it a wonder that Sceppiro went insane after Claude's death. It wasn't just the loss of his sister; he was living too close to Oblivion itself without realizing it.
 
“…how long has Rath opened the portal?” Bakura suddenly asked, and his eyes narrowed, “Why did it take so long for you to do anything?” Seth glared at him, angry that Bakura would be so disrespectful to Bahamut, but the dragon chuckled again, once again making way for the cloud spire ahead.
 
“We do not know, nor did we understand the extent of her madness,” Bahamut told him gently, “It was probably not that long ago. Perhaps one hundred years.” Bakura's eyes widened. That was a huge amount of time to a human! In fact, in most cases, it was an entire lifetime!
 
“One hundred years!? And you don't think that's long at all!?” Bakura exclaimed, and then whispered to Seth, “These Espers can have some really messed up delusions. Between Bahamut's age and Rath's insanity, you'd think they're prone to dementia.” Seth snorted, as that may have been true enough. But, he knew firsthand how long Espers lived. A century really was nothing to an Esper.
 
“So, how bad is the situation?” Seth asked, “How much hope do we have?” Bahamut glanced back again, and sped up, extending his wings as they came closer to the spire. He circled as he descended onto the courtyard, which was entirely made of hardened clouds. The tower itself seemed to be made of stone, but how it stood on a cloud was unknown as Bahamut landed, sending wafts of vapor flying in his arrival. Seth and Bakura hopped off.
 
“Hope? I would say, with both Lady Sith and Lord Sceppiro, we have a much better chance than you did before,” Bahamut replied calmly, “But it depends on how many Espers can help us.” Seth nodded, but Bakura simply looked up at the tower. It poked through the sky, to the point that the tip wasn't even visible. It certainly looked big enough for a dragon, but how did no one ever see it before? And, where was Tiamat?
 
“Has anyone ever been up here?” Bakura asked, slightly in awe of the sheer size of the tower. Bahamut chuckled, and shook his head.
 
“No. At least, humans have not,” he replied, and looked up, “Tiamat, we must talk! Come out!” Seth and Bakura expected to hear a large roar of annoyance, but none sounded. They waited for moments, but silence merely fell. Then, there was a large rumble. Another dragon, this time a lighter shade of blue, with green eyes, poked her head out of the tower, looking down at Bahamut. She blinked.
 
“Bahamut, my friend? What is so urgent that you would disrupt me?” she asked. Bahamut continued to look up at her.
 
“It is about Oblivion,” Bahamut replied, and Tiamat gasped, “It has been unsealed in this world. Surely, you have noticed the influx?” Tiamat hummed, and jumped out of the window, landing in a mighty crash next to Bahamut. She nodded slowly.
 
“Yes, I did feel a disturbance in the air, but I thought perhaps it was the humans trying to use our magic,” Tiamat admitted, looking down, “But… Oblivion is unsealed again… Bahamut, does this mean we must seal it up like the last time? We cannot sacrifice any of our kind! We are already dwindling and dividing amongst ourselves!” Bahamut sighed, closing his eyes at Tiamat's terrified tone. Bakura looked down as well. He too didn't like the idea of sacrificing Espers to seal Oblivion.
 
“I know, my dearest friend, but we may have no choice,” Bahamut told her, “From what these young humans say, the one who opened Oblivion is already descending into madness. She is destroying this world as we speak. We must do something before this world is lost.” Tiamat's eyes narrowed, and she snorted. She had been feeling such a disturbance for some time, but she had never once thought that something so drastic could happen. This was by far the last thing she wanted to hear.
 
“I agree, but what has happened thus far?” she asked, and quickly, Bakura and Seth told her what they had experienced, right from the beginning. She listened intently as Seth spoke of Sith's departure toward the Lion's Gate, of their encounter with Sceppiro, of the attack on Nesce, and of their rush back to Egypt. Then, Bakura told her of his encounter with the three priests, of what Sith had said to them in Nesce, of his time trapped in Nesce, and of his experience in Kul Elna. When they both finished, Tiamat hummed again and said, “That is quite a tale for two humans. I am glad you have both Lady Sith and Lord Sceppiro on your side. If they were under Rath's control, you would all be dead by now.” Seth's skin paled. That was a good thing, indeed. He had no wish to die quickly.
 
“So, are we going to stop this?” Seth asked, “What do you make of it, Tiamat?” The female dragon eyed him carefully, and then looked at Bahamut. They both nodded.
 
“It has been an especially grueling journey, considering Rath's force,” Tiamat replied calmly, looking at the humans before her again, “I am surprised, Guardian Bakura, that you survived against Rath for that time. It proves we did not choose wrongly.” Bakura nodded, but his frown told Tiamat he wasn't happy with that praise. It wasn't that he didn't want to be Sith's guardian, he just didn't know why she needed one, and when it was decided he was it.
 
“But why me and not the pharaoh?” Bakura asked her, “He is her friend. I am just a thief.”
 
“Atemu is simply an ally. He and Sith met due to political and sociologically bonds between their families. Take those away, and they truly do not have much in common,” Tiamat replied, “He guards her because that is what their fathers asked for. Even though Sith is far older, she considers herself his friend because she has been his friend since he was small. He thinks she is his childhood friend.” Bakura looked away. So Atemu didn't even know Sith's actual age. Nor did he appear to know everything about his father's agreement, either. It was no wonder he went insane when Sith left his kingdom; he was certain he'd break his own father's wish. Bakura sighed. If he found out the truth, it would confuse or crush him.
 
“Does she know?” Bakura asked, “Sith? Does she know all of this?”
 
“She does,” Tiamat replied, “That is why this seems so unreal to you both. She chose not to share it with anyone.”
 
“Why would she choose that?” Seth asked, at first becoming angry, but then, his expression softened when he thought longer on it, “…does she not trust us?”
 
“Espers age in a variety of ways, and some Espers take thousands of years before they age to an adult form. Because of Claude's agreement, he used magic to force her body to change at the same rate a human's would,” Bahamut explained grimly, and Bakura noted the annoyance in the dragon's growl, “If she told you, you would never have believed her. She felt hiding it was best.”
 
“I was wondering why she knew so much even though she looked so young,” Seth mumbled. It made sense, what these dragons were saying. It'd explain her ease with weapons, and her mastery with them even though she looked too young to handle them all so well. She barely looked past 21, but she was over 1,000. Seth's frown deepened. Just how long had this seal of Oblivion been unlocked?
 
“In a way, Claude doomed his daughter by forcing that,” Tiamat said sadly, “Which is why things are turning so badly now. Rath used that to her advantage. She knew facing a child would be a cowardice move, so she waited until Sith was older to get her revenge.”
 
“But this isn't Sith's fault!” Bakura exclaimed suddenly, and Tiamat looked over at him curiously, “I know why Rath is doing this, but this isn't Sith's fault. Or Sceppiro's. It's not their fault Rath is such a bitch that she was sealed away before she destroyed everything. I think she should grow up and leave us alone.” Seth rolled his eyes at the lack of Bakura's logic, but Tiamat simply smiled gently at the thief. He saw that she looked… sad. Bakura's eyes watered, and then he just looked away as he finished with, “This isn't any of our faults, so why go after any of us?”
 
“Because not all Espers are mature enough to take responsibility for their actions,” Tiamat told him as gently as she could, “Speaking of responsibility, we've told you what we could and why we're here now. I believe we should get going once more, before Rath turns her attention back to Egypt and decimates it with her new weapon.” Everyone nodded, and along with Bahamut, Tiamat bent her neck down to allow the two humans passage. Seth climbed onto Bahamut's back, as Bakura climbed onto Tiamat, and with a mighty flap of their dragon wings, the two dragons were airborne again, Seth and Bakura hanging on as tightly as they could. They jumped off of the cloud courtyard, descending gently as the green sea of grass below came back into their view. Bakura smiled.
 
“So, where exactly did we land, anyway?” he asked, “I mean, we never exactly figured that out, did we?” Bahamut laughed. That was true; he never actually answered that question. He decided now might be the best idea to do so. They had a rather long adventure ahead of them.
 
“Currently? We're in a huge grassland far to the east of Egypt,” Bahamut replied, “It has a name, but we Espers call it Ruuok Point, or `Grassland Point' if you want a literal translation. Originally, I wanted to bring Nesce here, because when it's not covered in snow, Nesce is very much like this continent, but Claude had different ideas. He asked we move it to Egypt. So, I did when I found no problems with it.”
 
“Yeah, until you realized he wanted to move it so he could secure Sith with a marriage,” Seth mumbled, “You should've seen that coming when you saw what a barren wasteland Egypt is.” Bahamut snorted, and Bakura glared, eye twitching. He wanted to nudge Seth as hard as he could in the ribs, but he was just too far away! He had the audacity to insult both Bahamut and their beautiful land of Egypt! Silently, Bakura wished Atemu were there just so he could see Seth get his ass kicked for that.
 
“Well, we had a feeling Claude had an ulterior motive, but we didn't think it would have been such a bad thing. Both Sith and Atemu would have been influential,” Bahamut stated, amused with Seth's comments, “The power they both would have wielded toward the people would have been rather astounding. It would have made this war impossible to accomplish, if they actually saw to get married. Rath would never have been able to separate Sith from the kingdom.” Bakura hummed, but his smile faded rapidly as Bahamut explained the situation from Sith and Atemu's side. It seemed like everything could have been avoided if they kept their fathers' deal. Seth, though seeing the point somewhat, once again saw the opportunity to slam Sith around.
 
“So, this is her fault?” he asked, and when Bakura glared at him, he laughed and said, “You heard what they said, thief! Sith's the one who doesn't want to marry the pharaoh! He's all for it, but because she doesn't agree, it won't happen! Therefore, the blame is on her!” Bakura simply growled, giving the priest a very flat stare as Tiamat laughed at that form of reasoning. Even though Bakura was no Esper, even he knew Sith wasn't at fault for a disagreement.
 
“Right… what world did you think that argument worked in?” Bakura asked flatly, “The pharaoh doesn't blame Sith for this. I don't even think they knew what would happen with such a refusal. So, why are you? Is it because you just want to blame Sith again because we're in another bad situation? Or are you really feeling this is her fault?” Seth opened his mouth to shout a rebuttal, but when he saw the grin Bakura gave him, he froze. He knew Bakura was right. He knew that Bakura himself knew he was right. As Bahamut glanced back at him with one golden eye, he knew the Espers felt Bakura was right, too, even though they had no idea what actually happened! He wanted to scream for it, too.
 
“Why would he blame Sith for this situation?” Tiamat asked Bakura, and the thief proceeded to tell the tale of how Seth wove a web of lies to get out of one tiny job that, at this point, Seth felt should have been forgotten. But, no one would ever let his one shirk at a duty go. When Bakura was done, Tiamat snorted and said, “It appears Rath isn't the only one who needs a lesson in responsibility.” Bakura nodded in agreement, but this time, Seth definitely made his voice heard.
 
“Whoa, wait a damn minute, thief!” he yelled defensively, “It appears you forgot your wrong-doings as well!” Bakura raised an amused eyebrow as he looked at Seth.
 
“Really? What wrong-doings are those?” he asked, his grin widening, “If you mean the theft of Mahaado's wallet, that was simply business. I am a thief, after all. Or, if you mean hitting on him at that hovel we called a town, I was drunk off my rocker.” Seth rolled his eyes again at that defense.
 
“You seemed awfully sober when we found you,” Seth mumbled, “Anyway, the wrong-doing I speak of is you hitting on Sith constantly despite her telling you to leave her alone. Honestly, you really aren't very good at listening to her, so I can't see why you're her guardian, either.” Bakura blinked, and this time, had to admit that Seth brought up a good point. He didn't actually heed most of Sith's warnings or threats. Mainly because she never acted on them, but that was beside the point. He sighed.
 
“Fine, fine, why don't we both agree we find the other at fault and leave Sith out of this?” he offered, hoping his attempt at negotiation worked, “Technically, we both drove her batty, so why not say it's each other's fault? That way, you can still blame someone other than yourself, and it won't be Sith.” Seth narrowed his eyes, considering that idea. It was ridiculous, but it would shut Bakura up, and right then, that's all that Seth wanted. He nodded.
 
“Agreed,” he said, “Now, shut your mouth and don't ever tell anyone how irresponsible I was for one mistake ever again, or I'll take the Millennium Rod and shove it up your spine.” Bakura snorted, feeling that Seth would never have been able to pull that off, but let the man have his silence nonetheless. Tiamat simply shook her head, and Bakura knew she found their argument to be… well, stupid. He didn't blame her, either, but he just wanted Seth to leave Sith alone. Bahamut was the only one to offer his opinion.
 
“Humans are petty,” he growled, “You're fighting over whether you can blame Lady Sith for your mistake?” Bakura snorted again. That did pretty much sum Seth up.
 
“I'm trying to stop him from blaming her, Bahamut,” Bakura said calmly, “In fact, everyone knows it was his fault, but for some reason, he doesn't seem to understand that.” Seth gave the thief a flat look as Bahamut simply hummed at the thought. Bakura, likewise, flashed a grin as Tiamat descended further downwards.
 
“Humans are very odd,” she commented, “We Espers are used to taking responsibility for our actions. It is the sign of a warrior's soul, and of the strongest spirit. Why does he refuse to do so?”
 
“Actually, I don't know,” Bakura replied, shrugging his shoulders, “Logically, it makes sense to just let it go, but he insists it's not his fault. It's annoying, if you ask me.” Seth twitched as Bakura continued to speak. Despite sounding for once like an intelligent young man, Seth found he hated Bakura more and more as he spoke to the dragons about the priest.
 
“Hey, stop it! Stop talking like I'm not even here!” Seth ordered, “First of all, you all are the ones unwilling to let my mistakes go! I'm perfectly fine with forgetting them! Second, it's just as annoying hearing you bring it up again and again! You, of all people!” This time, silence fell as the dragons stopped, with Bakura glaring furiously at Seth. They had this conversation already, but it appeared Seth would need a reminder. Tiamat glanced nervously at the thief, and despite him not being an Esper, she did feel his power rise, just a little bit. He was angry again.
 
“Then grow up and shut up,” Bakura simply said, and his power dropped back to normal, “Let's go, Tiamat.” Tiamat nodded, and they continued onward, with Bahamut and Seth farther behind. Soon, Tiamat was gliding on top of the grass, their green tips tickling her light blue belly. Bakura just took in the view, having nothing else to say to any of them. His anger often left him speechless for a little while. Meanwhile, Seth sighed, laying his arms against Bahamut's neck as they soared slightly above Tiamat.
 
“I don't understand why they can't let it go and leave me alone,” he said, though it was meant for just himself. But, Bahamut did hear, and he did respond. His response, though warranted, made Seth want to throw himself off the dragon.
 
“Because children must be reminded that mistakes never go unpunished. Whatever you did, you obviously haven't been punished for. Despite Bakura's thievery, he still… believes in justice. He doesn't feel you've had yours,” Bahamut replied calmly, looking down at the thief carefully, “You are still a child in his eyes. A rather spoiled one, too.” Seth growled. Bakura had a lot of nerve thinking that way, since he wasn't much older than Seth. And if he was, he certainly didn't look it.
 
“I can understand the other priests, but why Bakura?” Seth specified, “Why is he constantly bringing up my mistakes? He's done it more than anyone else. Am I really that horrible?” Bahamut eyed Seth carefully, wondering just how and why the boy couldn't see the answers for himself. He was a very dense human, in this Esper's eyes.
 
“Like I just said, he believes in justice. He doesn't think your mistake served anything other than to help this war along. That has to make him very angry, not just for pushing them all into a war they shouldn't have been involved in, but for pushing Sith into it before she even knew what was going on,” Bahamut answered carefully, beginning to descend himself, “In a way, you served Rath unwittingly. He can't forgive that… until she's brought down. Tiamat, shall we land?” Seth looked away as Tiamat looked up at Bahamut and nodded, the two of them slamming onto the ground with their powerful dragon legs. He didn't want to accept that answer from Bakura, but he had to now that it came directly from the Espers, all of whom were caught in this war as well. They were all angry with him. Bakura climbed off of Tiamat as Seth left Bahamut, and the thief stalked over to the priest, who looked at him quietly, and then looked down.
 
“Just to let you know, I won't make you look like a complete idiot in front of anyone again,” Bakura growled, walking past Seth toward a patch of wild daisies, “I just felt Tiamat deserved to know who she was dealing with and why we're so screwed right now.” Seth looked up at him, and frowned. He really did piss Bakura off, and this wasn't the first time that day. His fists clenched.
 
“I'm sorry,” he said, and Bakura stopped, slowly turning around, “I'm sorry I caused this, okay? I just wanted to avoid Knight Sith and her idea of dealing with reconnaissance missions.” Bakura glared hard and critically at Seth. He didn't want to accept what felt like an empty apology, but if he had any chance of getting home, he had to try to get along. He snorted, and turned back toward the flowers.
 
“I won't believe you until you apologize to her,” Bakura said, and picked one of the flowers, “You can say sorry to us all you want, but not once did I ever hear you apologize sincerely to her, and she's the one who's paid for your half-assed mistake. If you want us to stop, go make amends with your little rival and stop blaming her for this.” Seth nodded, and turned back to the dragons… except that they were no longer there. No, in their place stood the old man from before, and next to him stood an equally old woman, dressed in very much the same way, except her robe was blue, not red. Her face was uncovered, unlike the man, and her white hair streamed to the ground. She looked at Seth, and grinned.
 
“You don't recognize us?” she asked, and though her voice sounded old, the amusement was familiar. It was Tiamat.
 
“How come you can't stay as dragons?” Bakura asked, pocketing his flower, “Are we going some place where humans are?” Tiamat's grin widened, and she nodded.
 
“Good guess, Bakura. Indeed, we are,” she replied, “It is a small settlement, but we will know how far from Egypt we are. Come, let us go. Bakura, you will be our `son' once we arrival and they ask for our names. Seth, you will be Bakura's `cousin.' Understood?” Bakura nodded, but Seth frowned. He didn't like that set-up at all, but look-wise, it did make more sense. Bakura had white hair, just like they did, though theirs was simply from age. Seth reluctantly nodded, and with the Espers and the thief, set off down a small dirt path. He could barely see a small town in the distance, but that had to be where they were heading. He just hoped they didn't stand out too much, and if they did, they'd find a way to blend into wherever they happened to be going.
 
“After all, we look more like vagabonds now, than actual townsfolk.”
 
-----------------------------(End Chapter)
 
And so, with two Espers now on their side, Seth and Bakura wander into a grassland only to find they're literally a continent away from Egypt! Desperately, they continue the search to get home before Rath decimates it. But, what can they find in the city Bahamut is leading them to? How does Atemu, Sith, and the others fare back at the palace? And, what is Rath doing currently during their adventure? Find out next chapter, so click that Review button!