Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Light ❯ Angel of Mine ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'LL ANSWER REVIEWS NEXT TIME!! SORRY BUT THE INTERNET IS BEING EVIL WITH ME!!*glares at internet*

Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Ryou followed his guardian down the empty hallway, just a few feet behind. He had asked if this was heaven. Kara said it was somewhere between heaven and hell, just above Tartarruss.

"What is this portal for?"

"It enables us to go to Earth. Its our only way there."

Ryou hesitated before asking his next question."I-is God real?"

Kara stopped, making Ryou regret asking such a question. Kara turned around and looked at her white haired charge, a look of curiosity on her face."Why do ask?" Ryou looked at the ground, his shoes suddenly very important.

"Do you ask because noone helped on those nights alone? Is it because of your mother's and sister's deaths? Or do you just ask to know?"

Ryou kept his gaze on his shoes.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there Ryou. You don't know how much I just wanted to hold you and tell you that everything was ok."

"What stopped you?"

Kara tensed."Fear." Ryou sent her a confused look,"Fear?"

"I was afraid of hurting you. If I told you things that would soon become lies. Or just give you a false sense of security." Ryou pitied his guardian."I just wanted you to be safe. But now, I'll do the one thing you need." Kara walked up to Ryou, and embraced the hikari. After recovering from the sudden shock, Ryou hugged his guardian back.

"You don't know how long I wanted to do this. When I saw you crying for your mother, and just wanted to cradle you in my arms. When I saw you laugh I wanted to be there and laugh with you. And when you were sad I just wanted to go make you happy again." She tightened her grip on the hikari.

They stood there for a few minutes, each one holding the other in their arms. Kara reluctanly broke the embrace. She touched Ryou lightly on his pale cheek,"From now on I'm gonna be there when you need. I'll go to hell for you, just so you can be happy."

"Thanks. Its nice know."

Kara smiled and ruffled the teens hair."Now c'mon. We have to get you back home."

They continued their journey, both aware of the danger they may face.

**************************************************************** *************

Ra paced back and forth, Horus was watching, Kurai and Set were reading, and Sekhment was just lying on the couch. If they had a TV things would be better, but nothing would be on(since they couldn't get cable.) Apparently, Kara was taking too long and Ra was worried.

"Man would you sit down! You're makin' me dizzy!"

"Sorry. I'm just worried thats all," Ra replied.

"You worry too much. Live alittle," Horus said, trying to calm the angel down.

Set turned the page to his book,"Its not like she can't take care of herself. I've seen Kara fight, and she is anything but a pushover." Kurai agreed, his eyes not leaving the book.

Ra sent a look at the white haired tenshi."Kurai, aren't you even concerned for your sister's safety?"

"Not really," he replied," even as kids she could take of herself. Plus, she watched over me,so she knows a few things." He turned the page to his book, not really noticing the look on Ra's face.

"Are you concerned for Kara or Ryou, Ra?" Sekhment asked.

Ra thought for a second."Anou...both?"

Horus let out an exasperated sigh,"Dude don't put so much pressure on yourself. Kara's fine and so is Ryou. And if anything happened she'd let us know."

"But what if she loses control? She can't control herself like Kurai can."

"True. But until that happens just sit down and relax," Set said.

"But-"

"RA SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!"the angels yelled.

Ra just looked shocked for a second, then plopped himself on the floor.

**************************************************************** *************

"How much longer?" Ryou whined.

"Not much."

"Kara?"

"Hm?"

"How are angels born?"

Kara stopped and look behind her shoulder at Ryou."Why?"

Ryou shrugged."Just cause."

Kara turned her head forward and continued walking, Ryou following."Well there are two ways."

"Two?"

"Mm-hm. First they're born when their charge is born. They turn out to be exactly like the charge. Its sorta freaky. Then they can be born like any infant. Two angels combine their spirits to make another soul. Then the angel is born. And when they're ready they are assigned to look after someone."

"How were you born?"

"The second way. My parents were strong enough to make two souls, me and Kurai."

"So who's older?"

"I am. But we never really cared about that."

Ryou looked down the hall. They've been walking forever and still haven't reached this so called portal! "When are we going to get there?"Ryou whined. Kara just walked, leading the hikari."Not much." Ryou groaned. 'I wanna go home!' he thought.

"I know you do. Just be patient."

Ryou gawked at the angel,"You can..?"

"Read your thoughts? Yes. Its something all angels do,"Kara replied."Now could you please stop whining. You're starting to give me a head ache,"Kara said, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Sorry."

Once again they continued their way down the hall. To Ryou the hall seemed to getting longer, never wanting him to return home. He looked down the hall. Nothing. Noone was there. No staues, no doors, NOTHING!

"How much longer?"

You're like an impatient child,"Kara chuckled. Kara stopped suddenly and glared ahead. Ryou almost bumped into her. He noticed the angel's death glare, and tried to find who was receiving it."Who are you glaring at?"he asked. But he didn't receive an answer.

Footsteps

A silhoutted figure began to appear. Soon Ryou could make out his face. He was around Ryou's height, short, curly, brown hair and brown eyes. He had this cocky look on his face. He smirked when he noticed Kara's glare.

"Well well. If it isn't my favorite hanyou, how have you been doing?"he asked, not even acknowledging the hikari.

"I've been better,"Kara replied, not letting down her glare.

The other angel just smirked."I see you've gotten out of Tartarruss. I'm sure you'll be going back soon."

"Not likely,"Kara growled. This is when the other angel finnaly took notice in Ryou."And just who do we have here?,"he walked past Kara and took hold of Ryou's chin,"This isn't your brother, is it? He looks far too young."

Kara slapped his hands away and stepped between the two."You keep your filthy hands off of him, Gabriel. He has done nothing wrong."

Gabriel looked at Kara like a snake would a mouse."I see this mortal has some meaning for you. He will live as you wish. But, I advise you to be careful. As you know, mortals are not allowed,"he said taking his leave.

"Jerk."

Ryou watched as the angel left.'What did he mean? Isn't she..?'

"Come on Ryou. We better get you home now."

"Kara?"

Kara looked at her charge,"Yes?"

"Kara,"he began,"what did he mean by hanyou?"

Kara sighed,"You see Ryou. Me and Kurai are hanyous. Our mother was a demon and our father was an angel."

"But how? Don't they fight alot?"

"Yes Ryou they do. But my parents went against the code and had kids. It was bad enough that they were seeing each other, and it was even worse when Kurai and me were born."

"Did anyone try to stop them?"


"Everyone did. And they were killed because they didn't listen."

Ryou pitied his guardian. He knew how it felt, to have someone you love taken away from you."I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"Its ok Ryou. Its all in the past and I'm over it."She looked straight ahead."Lets go Ryou."

They continued walking down the hall. Noone noticed the yellow orbs watching them.

**************************************************************** *************

"RUN RYOU!!"Kara yelled. They had finally reached the portal, but had run into an unexpected guest.

Ryou couldn't run. His mind yelled at him to but his legs wouldn't listen. The portal was just feet away from him but he couldn't leave. He stood there watching as Kara fought of the enemy.

He was tall, just a foot above Bakura. Long, spikey, raven hair reached to his mid back. He wore a sleeveless, black T-shirt and black jeans. He had slightly tanned skin but he wore a cloak the hood had fallen off. He had yellow eyes that were nothing like Horus'. His name: Shadow.

Kara glanced at Ryou.'Why isn't he run to the portal! Dammit Ryou! RUN!!' She quickly dodged another attack."RUN! GET OUT OF HERE!!" She rolled out of te way of another attack.

Ryou shook his head. He couldn't leave. He was the one Shadow was after. He HAD to stay! He watched as Kara was thrown against the wall, she fell limp to the floor. Ryou gasped. 'No! KARA!!'

Shadow walked over to the unconcious angel and kicked he for good measure."That took longer than I expected,"he looked at Ryou,"Now its your turn." Ryou scooted away from the demon.

He grabbed Ryou by the throat, blocking off any oxygen."Hikaru may have spared you, but that was because she was weak. And I have no use for failures." He brought Ryou face-to-face."And because of Bakura, I suffer endlessly. He stole the one I loved. And now I will steal the one he protects." A dagger appeared in his hands. He was about to stab it into Ryou's heart when something knock it out of his hands.

Kurai was pissed. Sekhment and Horus were helping Kara, Ra and Set surrounded Shadow. Shadow noticed Kurai's outstretched hand."So you're the one who attacked." Kurai nodded."And you're the one who hurt my sister." Shadow smirked,"Guilty."

He let go of Ryou's throat when Ra attacked him from behind. Set launched small daggers into his back, making him cry out in pain. Horus helped Ryou get to the portal, but Shadow saw. He brought out a whip and wrapped it around Ryou's neck.

"I shall have my revenge!" He failed to noticed the sword raised just above the whip. It was cut and Ryou fell into the portal."NO!"Shadow roared. Kara laughed."Noone...gets away... with hurting...my.. charge."

Shadow glared at her."You think its over? My dear girl, it has just begun." He fired at dark purple blast at the portal. Everyone heard the scream that come from it. Shadow cackled evily then dissapeared into te shadows.

Everyone stared wide eyed at the portal. Then they looked at Kara. They sighed with relief when she wasn't fading away. Kara still kept her gaze on the portal.'He could've died. Right there he could've died.' She was brought back to reality when Kurai put a hand on her shoulder. She looked at her brother, tears threating to fall. Without warning, she was brought into a hug.

She cried. She cried into her brother's shoulder. Her friends sent sympathetic looks to the twins. They left the twins, knowing that they needed to be left alone.

Ryou awoke in his body. Nothing came to him. No memeories. No ideas. He didn't even know where he was. Then a man entered the room.

The man actted weird and was silent when Ryou asked "Who are you?"

Thats how it happened. Thats how it all began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Horus: Aw. Um I mean.*looks at script* How will Bakura tell the others? How will they react? When will Shadow strike again? And will his new comrad ever appear? Find out next time on: Shadow's Light!

*DBZ music*

Horus: I would give you the ending but I was told not to.^__^U

R&R! Ja ne!

WARNING WARNING!!

I ONLY GOT TWO REVIEWS!! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU PUT JUST LEAVE A REVIEW!! PUT ONE WORD ONE SENTENCE I DON'T CARE!! JUST PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW!!

THE ONY REASON ITS STILL HERE IS BECAUSE KARONA BEGGED ME NOT TO TAKE IT OFF OF HERE!! SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL THANK HER FOR DOING SO!!

PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW!!

R&R ONEGAI!!