Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Light ❯ The Guardians ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm back yay!

Everyone: YAY!

Me: Now to the reviews!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

yugismpuzzle: I thought I made it obvious. Ok the blonde is ********. Sorry can't tell. I'll ruin the plot. I love that song too. Its so good! I was watching it during my writers block and then I heard it so I'm like "Bakura must sing that song!" And well Yeah.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

rox: Thank you! I loved writing it! Especially Bakura singing, its so much fun making him do nice things.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami Maleci: Don't worry he'll wake up. Yeah I'd love to go to the party! PARTY!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Horus: And now Yami Maleci!

Kai: *runs in and glomps Ryou* MINE!!*kisses and hugs Ryou*

Everyone: *sweatdrop*

Yami Maleci: Uh.. Bakura gets this flame thrower.

Bakura: YES!* grabs the flamethrower and runs outside*

Me: Oh NO!

Everyone: What?

Me: He's gonna burn my garden!(yes I do have a garden. All my plants are healthy too)

Malik: Shit! Now she's gonna be pissed!

Kai: Why?

Ryou: Her garden relieves her of her stress.

Yami Maleci: Why not get a cat?

Malik: She doesn't like cats.

Yami Maleci: Is that why she killed the cat?

Malik: *shrugs* Yeah pretty much.

Me: *walks in smiling* I feel better!

Ryou: What'd you do?

Me: Nothing. Just sent him to the Shadow Realm for awhile.

Malik: He's gonna get out.

Me: Not until I get him.

Kakarot: You used the sword?

Me: Yup!

Yami Maleci/Kai: Sword?

Me: My item. It can send people to the Shadow Realm and they can't escape until I say so.

Horus: Thats why we don't get her mad.

Kai: Can't he use the ring?

Me: Not if he doesn't have it.* holds up the Mill. Ring*

Eveyone:O.O

Yami Maleci: I guess its time we leave. You're gonna come to the party right?

Me: Hell Yeah! Just let me load my bazooka.

Yami Maleci: OK. Ja ne!

Everyone: JA NE!!

Ra: Now onto the story!

" hi "- talking

' how '- thoughts

/ ya /- hikari to yami

// doing //- vice versa

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but my pic with the YYH bishies shirtless *drools* My prized possession!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Yami sat in the chair next to Ryou's bed. Yugi was currently dueling Malik, who is doing much better. Sadly I can't say the same for Ryou. Its been a week since the attack and he still hasn't woken up. Bakura would sit next to Ryou's bed, silently praying for his hikari's return. Everytime Yami and Yugi came to visit he would be right there stareing at him. His eyes would glaze over, signaling that he was trying the link. But nothing would answer him.

Now the problem here is: Where is he? Yami asked Malik if he ever came in. Malik said no.

"Ha! I win again!"

"Dammit! Why do you always win, Yugi?"

"`Cuz I just do."

Yami watched as Yugi celebrated his victory. That duel was going on for a while. ' I thought they'd never finish.'

" Its not like we all didn't know who would win anyway," he said.

Malik glared at him.

As the hikaris picked up their cards, Yami returned to his thinking.

"Sir! Please come back here!"

"No! I'm here to see my hikari! And there ain't nothing you can do!"

The three duelist stared at the door. It open only to let in a staggering Bakura." Speak of the devil," Malik said.

"`Ey Malik! How ya doing buddy?!"

Malik sent Bakura a wierd look."Did you drink?"

Bakura hiccupped," I had a *hic* few. Why? *hic*"

"You can't come into a hospital drunk, tomb robber!"

"Who the *hic* hell asked you? Get out and take your *hic* midget with you."

Now Yami was pissed! (AN: Hide!) Yami's crimsom eyes now had a deadly look to them. Bakura's lucky that he's already dead.

"Take that back tomb robber!"

"No! You and your *hic* midget just get out! *hic* Now!"

SMACK

Bakura was sprawled on the ground, Yami towering over him."Damn tomb robber." He grabbed Bakura by the colar.He could smell the alchol coming off of him."Listen to me and listen carefully. Ryou's over there on that bed fighting to live. And here you are getting drunk!" Bakura looked away from Yami's glare. Now he was getting somewhere.

"You may not care Bakura, but I do! The least you can do is be here. But I guess it isn't the "strong way."A few tears appeared in Bakura's eyes, but he didn't allow them to fall.

Yami sighed," I know you care Bakura. And Ryou cares too. Just stop acting like an idiot and do the right thing." He let go of Bakura's colar. Bakura just sat there on the floor, his face holding too many emotions. Yami looked at the white-haired yami."Come on Yugi. Lets go home."

"Wait...."

Yami turned around and stared at his rival."Yes?"

"Will he be sad?"

Yami cocked his head to the side," Who?"

"H-Hikari. Wi-will hikari be sad?"

Yami knelt own next to Bakura. Bakura kept his gaze on the floor, not daring to look at the crimson orbs infront of him."Yes he will be sad. Please Bakura no more drinking. He needs you here, not at some bar."

Bakura sniffled, tears streamed down his face freely now."I-I'm sorry."

Yami put a reassuring hand on the yami's shoulder."I'm sorry too. I know you care, its just you have a weird way of showing it." Bakura lifted his head to look into Yami's eyes.' He wasn't lying.' They stayed like that, looking into each others eyes. One's full of guilt, the other's full of sorrow.

"So are you two gonna kiss, OR do you want me and Yugi to leave?"

Yami got up and glared at the blonde Egyptian."Its called 'comforting' hentai-baka."

Malik laughed and Yugi giggled."Just kiddin'.You okay Bakura?" Bakura's body racked itself with one last sob. He wiped his tears," Yeah. I-I'm alright." He stood up and dusted himself off. He breathed deeply, trying to calm himself down.

He walked over to Ryou's bed and sat on the chair. He took his hand and cradled it in his own.

// I'm sorry Ryou. I'll try to be here as much as possible. Just please wake up //

As usual the link was quiet. A wall was placed there to cancel any contact with his hikari.

// Please Ryou wake up //

**************************************************************** *************

Two nurses busied themselfs with the stacks off papers that needed organizing. The both turned their heads when they heard someone walk down the hall. A man with white hair came out, his eyes staring at th floor. With a book in one hand he flashed a special pass to the nurses, then continued his way down the hall.

The young nurse looked at the elder one for an explanation." That one's been coming in for a couple of weeks now."

"Who does he come to visit?" the younger nurse asked.

"You know about the patient in room 66, right?"

The nurse nodded.

"Well thats his baby brother. He arrives precisely at twelve, then leaves at ten."

"So he just sits in the room reading?"

"He reads to his brother. Its real sweet."

The younger nurse nodded.

Then they went back to their work, putting slips here and perscription there.

**************************************************************** *************

Ryou sat on the floor with his knees to his chest and his arms wrapped around them. He had been wondering for some time now, but he couldn't find anything. Ryou sighed and brought his knees closer to him. Where am I? Who brought me here? Why can't I leave? When will I leave? What is this place? How did I get here? These questions rushed through his head, giving the hikari a slight headache.

Footsteps.

Footsteps? He turned his head from where the sound was coming from.' Someone else is here.' The steps seemed to get closer. But instead of being happy, he was scared. The closer the steps got, the more he withdrew.

Gasp.

' Shit! They saw me! '

The footsteps quickened their pace, signaling that they were running. The steps stop infront of him, he could see their legs. Ryou doesn't dare look up.

" How'd ya here? Mortals aren't allowed here. Ah man! I'm probably gonna get in trouble!" the person cried. By the sound of the voice Ryou could tell that it was a boy. Ryou looked up at the boy. He had short, green hair, a blue T-shirt, a pair of blue jeans. He had yellow cat eyes. But what caught Ryou's attention were his wings. He had huge angel wings folded behind his back.

'An angel.'

The other boy pulled Ryou to his feet." You hafta come with me. Ah man! Maybe Ra knows what to do." He dragged Ryou down the hall. It was hard to keep up, since the angel started to use his wings. They stopped in front of a door that was slightly open. He could hear voices coming from the room.

"Look you stay here until I tell you to come in, kay?" Ryou nodded hesitantly.The angel put a hand on his shoulder." Don't worry man. Noone'll hurt ya. And if they do, they'll hafta mess with Kara. And she's no pushover." Ryou smiled at the angel. He had this feeling that told him to trust the other boy.

The angel took a deep breathe before going in. The voices stopped for a second. Then a few voices started yelling, before they stopped. The green haired angel poked his head out the door."They wanna see ya man." Before Ryou could say anything, the angel pulled Ryou in the room.

There sat five other angels. Three brunets, a girl with blue hair, and even an angel with white hair. One of the brunets, a girl, walked up to Ryou.

"How did you get here?" she had soft voice that was very soothing.

Ryou shrugged." This lady kept hitting me on the head and I just blacked out."

"Could you describe what she looked like?" she asked.

"She had copper hair and violet eyes-"

"Hikaru! Hikaru did this to you?! She will pay! Noone messes with my charge!"

"Calm down Kara. She's probably dead by now," another brunet said, his voice was like Yugi's but not as soft. It was somewhere between him and Yami's. The girl, Kara, calmed down." You'd do the same thing too Ra, if it was Yugi."

Ra chuckled," Yes but atleast I would control my urge to kill her." Kara huffed.

The blue haired girl stood up."I guess I'll have to do the introductions," she pointed at herself," I'm Sekhment. I'm your friend Malik's guardian." Then she pointed at the green haired angel," His name is Horus, he's Isis' guardian."

"Hi. How ya doing?" he laughed.

Sekhment pointed at the last brunet." This is Set, and he's Seto's guardian." Set just looked at Ryou and nodded his hello. Ryou suddenly realized that Set looked exactly like Seto!

"They look the same huh?" Sekhment asked.

"Yes. Their resemlance is remarkable!" Ryou exclaimed. Set just huffed. Sekhment laughed," Don't mind him. He just isn't very sociable." Ryou nodded.'Yup. Exactly alike.'

Sekhment pointed at Ra." He's Ra, our unappointed leader. He's Yugi's guardian." Ra nodded at the hikari. Ryou smiled. Sekhment walked up to Kara and put her hands on her shoulders.

" And this is Kara, your guardian." Kara blushed. Ryou smiled. By the way she yelled it must mean she really cares. Sekhment walked towards the white haired angel (no not Ryou) and ruffled his hair, causing him to laugh." This little cuttie is Kurai. He's Kara's twin brother."

Ryou looked at the angel. He almost resembled him, but there were a few difforences. Kurai notticed Ryou's stare and kept his gaze on the ground.

"Don't stare at him like that. He doesn't really like it," Sekhment said.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't know!"

Kurai held his hand up, quieting the hikari," Its okay. Just stop appollagizing." Ryou nodded. " So who do you guard?"

Kurai figdetted." I'm not allowed to tell."

"Oh."

" Don't worry Ryou. You'll find out who in a couple a mo- oops!" Horus covered his mouth.

All the angels glared at Horus." Way to go Horus! He's not supposed to know!" Ra yelled.

" Nice going genus," Set said.

" I'm sorry! Ryou please forget what you just heard!" Horus begged.

Ryou nodded." I'll try."

"Ok. Now that thats over, we have to get you outta here."

"But I don't know how."

The angels groaned."How are we supposed to get him back now?" Kara asked."I don't know but we hafta figure something out soon, or we're gonna be in big trouble," Horus said.

"Why don't we just take him through the portal?" Kurai suggested. Everyone looked shocked at what he said.

"You can't just put a mortal through the portal!"(hey that rhymes)

"Why not? We go through it all the time."

"Because they could suffer endlessly from that thing. He'll probably die!"

Kara's eyes widened," Nuh-uh! No way is he going through that thing!"

"But he'll have the Ring to protect him, so he'll be fine."

Ra sighed," It looks like we have no choice. He'll have to go through the portal."

"No! He might die! And if he does I'll be banished to Tartaruss again!" Kara cried.

"He won't die. The Ring will protect him. So stop worrying."

Kara sighed. She knew there was no other way."Alright. Come on Ryou, follow me." She walked towards the door. Ryou looked at all the angels, each one had a sad smile on their face.

"See ya later, kid," Horus said. Ryou nodded at the angel.

Then he followed his guardian out the door.

**************************************************************** *************

Bakura walked down the hall to Ryou's room. Every staff member knew him by now. Its been almost a month and Ryou still hasn't woken up! Maybe he never will...

Bakura bumped into Ryou's doctor.

"Ah Bakura. Just who I wanted to see."

"Yes. Did he wake up?"

"No. But there's still a chance. Have you been able to contact your father?"

"No, I'm sorry. I haven't."

The doctor sighed," I really need to speak with him."

"I know. What did you want to talk about?"

"Well you see, its about Ryou."

"Is something wrong?"

"Well you see, by professional standards, I need you to consider to give up on him."

"What do you mean?"

"We need you to consider cutting the life support system."

"Why? Like you said he might wake up."

"Yes, I did. But there is chance that he might not. I'm sorry. I know this is hard on you."

"No you don't know! Ryou's the only family I have! And I will not give up on him!"

"Yes. But I still need you to consider it. This is why I needed to talk to your father. So he can have a say in this."

" He'd say the exact same thing. No father would give up on their son."

"Yes but stiil consider it," he put his hand on Bakura's shoulder," I'm sorry." The doctor left Bakura there.

Bakura just continued down the hall.

**************************************************************** *************

Ryou opened his eyes as someone came in. The man sighed and muttered "Please wake up soon Ryou."

'Ryou? That sounds familiar.'

"Um excuse sir?"

The man eyes doubled in size. He stared at Ryou shocked. Then smile appeared on his face.

"Oh my god! You're awake!" He hugged Ryou.

"Can't...breath.."

He let go of Ryou."The doctor! I need to call the doctor!" He ran outside calling "DOCTOR!" The man soon walked in and hugged Ryou.

"You're awake! I can't believe it!" Ryou studiedthe man hugging him. He had white hair like his but this man's was more evil looking.

"Everyone has been so worried about you! Wait Malik hears the news!" The man let go of Ryou and smiled at him.

"Can I ask you something?" Ryou wondered.

"What hikari? What is it?" Bakura asked.

Ryou hesitated a bit then asked," Who are you?"

Three words, three syllables. Thats all it took to make Bakura world come crashing down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Kurai: Hi. The Anouncer Dude quit so I'll be doing this. Will Ryou remember? How will the others react? What happened at the portal? Who is my charge? All these questions and more will be answered next time on: Shadow's Light!

*DBZ music*

R&R ONEGAI!!Ja ne!

WARNING: TO ALL MEDIAMINER PEOPLE!! WARNING!!

Listen I NEED REVIEWS FROM MM.ORG!! I ONLY HAVE THREE FROM THIS SITE!! I'M NOT STUPID!! I KNOW PEOPLE READ THIS!!

So this is what I'm going to do. I thought I'd never do this but I'm demanding REVIEWS!!! I NEED ATLEAST TEN REVIEWS FROM THIS SITE OR I'M TAKING THIS OFF OF HERE!!

I have accounts on other sites. Either I get reviews or you get no story! The reviews I answer are from another site. I will not tell you that site either! SO REVIEW OR NO STORY!! I'LL TAKE IT OFF!! AND ITS NOT AN EMPTY THREAT!! I don't make those.

SO TEN REVEIWS OR NO STORY!!