Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Light ❯ Daddy Dearest ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

LIFE SUCKS!!

Yakna: Whats your problem?

Me: The evil known as school! It started and I HATE IT!! >o<

Yakna: So?

Me:*sniff* But I have none of my friends in any classes. 'Cept lunch. But thats not long enough.

Karona: Speaking of lunch, what ever happened to that lunch lady?

Me: The one I cursed?

Karona: Yeah. Did she ever come back?

Me: I'm not sure...

Well school started and updates will be slower :( But I will some how make it!!

Disclaimer: I don't own any anime!!

/.../-hikari to yami

//...//- yami to hikari

"...."- speech

[...]- thoughts

~*~*~*~*~

Bakura glared at the doctor. He kept looking at the clipboard going "hm" and "uh-huh" and "I see." Its like he didn't even know what he was doing![Stupid doctor] Bakura thought [Probably playing one of those "cross word" things hikari does all the time]

Everyone was waiting to hear if Ryou was finally able to go home. A week has passed since he woke up with his anmesia, and everyone tried to help him remember. They brought pictures, told him the stuff they would do, and even brought some of his favorite books. Don't really know how that helps, but atleast he had some thing to do.

The doctor finally looked up from his clipboard. Everyone strained to hear what the doctor had to say.

"Well, Ryou, by the looks of it you can go home."

Everyone cheered. Malik hugged Ryou."This is great! Now you can go home and not this stupid room."

"We should celebrate,"Yugi said," How 'bout we go to Burger World."

An eerie silence filled the room. Yugi got the hint." Ok. Not there. Any ideas."

"PIZZA!"

"TACOS!"

"ICE CREAM!"

Yugi sweat dropped."Maybe we should just go to the arcade." Everyone agreed.

*Later that day*

Bakura shook the doctor's hand,"Thank you so much."

The doctor smiled,"It was my pleasure. But remember to wake Ryou up every hour when he's sleeping."

Bakura nodded. He looked at Ryou who was talking with Yugi, Yami close by. [To think I almost lost him] he thought. Bakura waved bye to the doctor, who looked at his clipboard, but still waved.

[Now then] the doctor thought[back to this puzzle] He looked at the clipboard where a cross word puzzle was.[The Egyptian goddess of war?] He thought of the answer as he walked back into the building.

~*~

"Dammit!"

"Watch your language, tomb robber!"

"I'll say whatever the hell I want, pharaoh!"

Yami glared as Bakura, once again, tried to trip him. They were at the arcade and were playing the DDR game. The others watched as the battle raged on, they even started betting on who would win.

"Fifteen bucks says Yami wins."

"Your on, Wheeler."

Yugi laughed as Yami cursed in egyptian, causing Bakura to yell at him. Ryou just blinked and looked at Yugi."Yugi, why did Bakura call Yami 'pharaoh'?"

Yugi froze. How could he tell Ryou, who still can't remember anything, about Bakura being a spirit. Lucky for him Malik was there."You see Ryou, Bakura and Yami had been in a play once and it was about ancient Egypt. Yami got the pharaoh and Bakura got tomb robber. They would fight, and the names sort of sunk in."

"Like nick names?"

Malik smirked,"Kinda like that."(AN: Just like when I started calling my sister Kakarot :P)

More cussing was heard, in japanese and egyptian. Bakura was yelling at Yami, who was laughing at him. It seems that Bakura had falling and couldn't get up. Everyone else started laughing.

KICK

GASP

Yami fell down to his knees, holding his groin. Everyone was too shocked to speak, their eyes bulging out of their heads.(AN: Like this O_O) Bakura, who managed to sit up, started laughing his ass off.

Yugi snapped out of his daze, and ran to his yami's side."Are you ok Yami?" Yami nodded."I'm fine Yugi," he said in a very squeaky voice. Bakura only laughed harder.

"You sound like that hahaha rat!" Bakura laughed, earning him a glare."Shut up tomb robber!" Yami yelled in his sqeaky voice. Bakura just rolled around laughing(AN: Even I'm laughing! :P) Yami just glared at him, a blush making its way across his face.

Yugi, who was trying real hard not to laugh, helped Yami over to the table. "Now sit here Yami. I'll see if I can get an ice pack or something." Yami nodded. He tried to relax, that is until he heard giggling. He turned his head and faced the ones who dared to mock him; Ryou and Malik. Ofcourse Malik was laughing out loud, Ryou was giggling. He just glared at them, not wanting to use his new voice.

"I'm sorry Yami," Ryou said," but it is funny."

Yami just sighed and waved his hand. Yugi came back with an ice pack and gave it to Yami."Put this on your-uhh- the place where you got hurt for a while ok?" he said, abit nervously. Yami nodded, blushing.

Bakura, who managed to stop laughing, walked over to the table. A proud smile sporting his face."As much as I'm enjoying this, me and Ryou have to leave."

Ryou looked at Bakura,"Why?"

"You have to finish some homework for school, and we need to help you remeber some stuff at home."

Ryou frowned,"Ok."

"Bye Ryou. I'll see you at school?"

"Bye Yugi, Malik, Yami. I'll see you guys later."

He stood from the table and followed Bakura home."Um, nii-san?"

"What?"

"Where do we live?"

"Not far from here. We live just a few blocks from Yugi too."

"Really? Could he come over some time? And Malik too?"

"Sure. Its not like they don't in the first place."

Ryou beamed,"Yay!"

After crossing a few streets, they made it home. But there was a car in the drive way.[What is that car doing here? Who's here?]

The door was unlocked and the lights were on. Someone was here, and Bakura didn't like it.

"Ryou is that you?"

"Y-yes. Who's there?" he stuttered hiding behind Bakura.

They heard a chuckle,"Don't tell me you forgot about me Ryou. How could you forget your father?" A man appeared. He was average, if you didn't count the blue hair. He smiled at the white-haired teen."Don't I get a hug Ryou?"

Ryou beamed and captured his father in a bear hug. That whens his father noticed the spirit. Before he could ask Bakura gave him a tell-you-later look.

~*~

Bakura sipped his tea,"Thats what happen." Ryou's dad, Shen, just gawked at the spirit."Why didn't anyone tell me?" he demanded.

"I didn't know how to conact you."

"Why didn't you ask Ryou?"

"Ryou was in a coma at the time!" Bakura shot back, irratated.

Shen opened his mouth, but decided not to say anything. He lookd at his tea cup," I just can'tbelieve this happened while I was gone."

"Its not your fault,"Bakura said," No one could've known this was going to happen."

Shen gripped his cup,"But..I'm his father! I should've been there for him!" Bakura gripped his shoulder and forced his face up towards him,"Ryou is alive. His memory may be gone, but he'll get it back."

Shen smiled,"Thank you, Bakura. But I do trust you to protect him."

Bakura let go of him and saluted,"You can count on me, sir. Ryou is in safe hands." Shen laughed,"Thats good to know."

**************************************************************** ******** *****

Short yeah I know. I'll answer reviews next time. Next chapter will take a while to get out. But I'll try.

PLEASE R&R!!!