Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed ❯ Prologue- The Oracle ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! (Duh) but I do own The Oracle, Yippee!

Author's Note: This is a pretty boring chapter so I'm sorry if you didn't like it, it's mainly just to give you an idea what's going on and where the story takes place (ancient Egypt if you haven't figured it out). Also this story will mostly revolve around my own character though Yami, Bakura, and Seto all have pretty big parts in it. Well, Yami and Bakura have really big parts in it, can't speak for Seto…

There will be some Romance in later chapters and a lot of angst. This chapter is really terrible…sorry, it'll be slow until the second chapter or third chapters so bear with me!

Death's child

Prologue

The Prophecy

Silvea studied the aging man before her through hooded eyes, sunk deep into her gaunt face.

"So you have come seeking my advice," the seer proclaimed wearily. "What would you have me ask? Few can understand what they are told and the answers are only what you make them to be." The man's face did not fall as she had expected; instead determination was carved in every line on his hard face.

"We will see about that after you answer," the graying pharaoh answered determinedly.

"Do you expect the gods to give you an answer because you are a king? Your troubles are nothing to them." She sighed, her posture hunched over an inch more. She was weary of this life, and longed to pass into the second life, where the strain on her mortal shell would be forgotten. Still, she fulfilled her duty to the gods and waited for the proclaimed one so she could inform him of the fate of the world, in hopes that he may change the outcome. The man standing before her was the one, she had seen it.

"I may ask them for an answer, whether they give me one or not I may still ask," he declared.

"Very well," she conceded wearily. "What will you ask?"

"My wife is with child, I would ask what the fate of my heir shall be."

"Very well, you were warned."

Silvea stared at the smoke rising from the incense burning on the coals in front of her. It was not long before her eyes became unfocused and she descended into a trance. Automatically the shapes took voice through her, making her words deeper and smoother.

"Two shall be born of life and death

Death wields a daughter

Light guides a son

Each a side of the scale the daughter will bear

Each a piece to the puzzle the son will wear

The child pulled untimely from death's womb

Will find the beginning of the end in her ancestor's tomb

Darkness shall fall for the opposite king

Her vessel will perish when he wins the ring

Light will go on to fight his own

Brother and brother will battle for the crown

Priest of darkness and priest of light

Never to die until one wins the fight…"

With each word she could feel her bonds loosening, all control over her body gradually fading away. Muscles unclenched and tendons loosened as the reins on her mortal shell slowly slipped away from her mind's grasp. She let them go, relinquishing her pained existence.

The corpse, now slack, gently tipped over to land with a small thump on the ground in front of the perplexed pharaoh. He immediately rushed over to help but her spirit was long gone.