Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowing Glory ❯ Light’s Awakening ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Shadowing Glory

'Thought'

"Spoken"

Reality (Normal Realm)

Fantasy (Card Realm)

~Dream~

[Shadow Realm]

/Yugi's voice in his head/

//Yami's voice in Yugi's head//

A/N: Ignore any of the following: - lack of clarity, O.O.C.ness and severe weirdness.

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh. I do however; write fics with cliffhangers just when it gets really interesting. It's a bad habit, I know, and I formally apologise to you all for it ^_^;

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

Part 6 - Light's Awakening

[This would be all over if he didn't do something… Yugi was struggling to inhale any air at all and under the influence of Yami Bakura's grasp felt as if he was going to pass out any second.

Then he saw an opportunity.

Yugi dropped his head down, and with all the strength he had, sunk his teeth into the closest piece of flesh he could.

"Aargh!" as a natural reflex to the pain, Yami Bakura threw the small boy off of his arm, straight back to the floor, a couple of metres away. He then looked down at his throbbing arm, complete with puncture wounds that were seeping out blood. 'That's some bite the shrimp has… he'll pay for that!'

Yugi lay breathlessly on the floor, gasping in as much as he could. He couldn't believe that his plan had actually worked.

But what he was going to do now was unclear.

What options did he have?

Yami Bakura began to charge over to Yugi, ready to tear him to pieces. Suddenly, he found himself falling down harshly, face first to the ground as something collided with his legs, hacking them down.

When he looked up angrily to find the cause, he caught sight of a staff. As he continued to look up at the towering figure, a purple-clad familiar face greeted him, not looking very appeased.

"It…no… I refuse to believe it!"

The Dark Magician narrowed his bright blue eyes and stared down at Yami Bakura with silent malevolence and disgust. As the evil, eternally damned Yami began to rise to his feet, the staff collided with him again, but this time straight into his gut, knocking him back with ease.

Yugi blinked in bewilderment as he watched it all, as the Celtic Guardian gently helped him to his feet.

This couldn't be real.

"I've really lost it this time…" Yugi gasped to himself.

He looked up innocently as the Celtic Guardian chuckled at his comment. "I assure you this is real, little Yugi, you haven't lost anything apart from a little blood, as it seems," he said, carefully wiping the specs of blood off of Yugi's face. "I'm glad we weren't too late to help you," he added.

They both turned to watch just as the Dark Magician got himself into a familiar pose.

The pre 'Dark Magic Attack' pose.

"But…you…! You're… not real! Only a lifeless pawn in a game! This can't ha-"

Yugi shut his eyes tightly as the dark magic left the Dark Magician's hands and headed straight at the demonic Yami, who had been cut off by it.

When he opened his eyes, everything was gone, apart from himself, and the two monsters.

He just couldn't believe it.

The Dark Magician spun round and walked over to the overwhelmed child, smiling kindly at him. Yugi stepped back, trying to grasp all that had just happened. He then stared hard at the two monsters before him.

Both the Dark Magician and Celtic Guardian kneeled down, and looked upon him.

"We're at your front, little Yugi, awaiting your commands as ever," the Dark Magician spoke out, "and fulfilling them with all we've got."

Yugi blinked, still gazing at them with his violet eyes.

They were his monsters.

His faithful monsters, here to protect and fight for him as they had always done, this time the only difference being they were in physical form.

It gave him a new, revitalized hope within.

He slowly approached them, and smiled with joy. 'Maybe now I can end this all,' he could feel the tears begin to roll down his cheek, with relief. "Thank you…" he said, "thank you."

They both rose, and looked around, mystified.

"Where are we?" the Celtic Guardian questioned.

"The Shadow Realm," Yugi retorted.

But not for much longer. ]

Yami jumped as Yugi suddenly flopped forward, and looked up at him, weakly smiling before falling back, straight into a sleep.

'What the hell is going on?' he sighed to himself, as he continued to watch over his angel, slightly relieved by his movement and smile.

~ Yugi felt queasy by the sudden changes of location. He still wasn't quite sure why it was happening, and was still frightened by the foggy nastiness and what lay in it, but was relieved of it all when he looked behind to see his two monsters standing valorously by him, one either side. They looked slightly confused too, but still were ready for any command he requested of them both.

Abruptly, the ground began to strain, and all three looked down at it.

A huge gust caught them off guard from behind. And when they spun round, they gawped.

Darkness.

But not any ordinary darkness. It was moving.

Moving straight towards them.

Then the attacks began to start, at their feet.

The Dark Magician instantly snapped Yugi up into his arms and the Celtic Guardian drew his sword out, and held it in stance.

"It looks like we have no choice but to go forward," the Dark Magician grimaced.

The Celtic Guardian nodded; breaking away from the darkness growing round his legs and ran in front of his monster accomplice, slashing a path through the up growing darkness skilfully, swinging the blade with quick accuracy and moving on a head, the Dark Magician with Yugi following, sending blasts of magic behind him, avoiding any unwanted attacks.

"They're appearing increasingly quickly…!" the Celtic Guardian called out, bringing his sword down heavily on the darkness reaching out towards his face.

"I can see that, my friend," the Dark Magician replied, jumping over a diving piece.

He then looked down at Yugi. "Do you know what this is about?"

Yugi nodded his head.

Out of the blue, the darkness fell back.

"I don't like this at all," the Celtic Guardian said, looking round in the silence.

"Me either," the Dark Magician replied.

Yugi knew what would be waiting for them; he could almost feel his presence…

The Celtic Guardian froze on the spot, and looked up ahead, as did the Dark Magician, whom, after breaking out of the stare, placed Yugi down onto his feet, and stood in front of him. Both monsters stood in stance, barricading Yugi from the dark Yami.

"Just give us the word, Yugi."

The darkened Yami walked over, closing the distance between him and Yugi.

Yugi watched in silence, his violet eyes widened with concern as he noticed a glint of maliciousness in his eyes.

Suddenly, something hit the monsters full force, and both were taken back by unawareness. The Celtic Guardian ducked down and shielded his head with his arms, whilst the Dark Magician bent down, using his magic to create a barrier.

They were temporarily incapacitated, and both gasped as tightness grew round them both, leaving them paralysed and struggling not to suffocate.

The Dark Magician sent out a magic blast, freeing himself and stood back in front of Yugi, having quickly glanced at his fellow monster, whom had indicated he'd be all right with a smirk, and that he should continue with a quick nod, being the best he could do in his situation.

Yugi noticed how this hadn't bothered the evil Yami in the slightest. In fact, he could have sworn his evil grin had grown slightly.

He resumed walking towards Yugi, and as he came within inches, an eye appeared on his forehead. The Dark Magician went flying back, hitting into the ground with tremendous power.

The dark Yami now had nothing between him and Yugi. This was going to be it.

Yugi stared deep into his eyes in fear, and found himself incapable of moving. The Dark Magician pulled himself up to his feet and grimaced as he watched the dark Yami snatch Yugi up by the neck with one hand and ready to send the other tightened, straight hand through the chest of the small angel.

Darkness swirled all round them both, preventing the two monsters from interfering.

Yugi still stared deep within the dark Yami's eyes, his own beginning to cloud with crystalline tears. All he could see was anger, hate, pain and evil within them…

'Pain…?'

Yugi blinked, as he continued to stare into them, ignoring the agonizing throbbing running through his small body.

'Pain…'

Yugi used the last of his remaining strength to lift his right arm and place his hand onto the dark Yami's arm. "Pain… I can… see… your pain… in you… your… eyes," he spluttered out.

The dark Yami's eyes widened, and he stepped back dropping Yugi down to the ground.

Yugi lay limp, but still staring into the dark Yami's eyes. His tears were now streaming down his small, pale face.

How could he have been so careless, so oblivious?

Something within him clicked, and a third eye appeared on his forehead.

He slowly rose to his feet, all the time radiating a white light from his body. "I'm… sorry, so sorry…"

Suddenly he threw his head back as the white light spread throughout the whole void, and the dark Yami cried out as the last of the darkness surrounding them disappeared, oppressed by the light.

Everything was. ~

Yami gasped as he watched the glowing Yugi snap open his eyes, and stared on as the light and third eye disappeared abruptly from his angel.

Yugi quickly fought his way out from under the covers and stumbled out of the bed, Yami quickly catching him just before he lost his balance.

Yugi stared up into his eyes with his tired, upset violet ones and spoke out quietly. "W-why… didn't…you tell…me?" he questioned before collapsing, straight into Yami's chest.

After placing his unconscious body back into his bed, Yami paused to think about what his angel had just said, before walking out, to go to the phone and ring up the doctor for a house call.

To Be Continued…