Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Sister Forgotten ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh or the characters. I only own the characters Sapphire, Evelyn, Conner, James and Josh as well as any future additions I think correlate to the plot.

Sister Forgotten

Flashback

“Hey! Wait up Seto” a young girl around 8 years old called out to her twin brother, who is older by a minute.

“You can run faster then that Sapphire” replies Seto.

“Hey Sapphire, Seto, will you stop running for a sec” screeches the youngest sibling with black hair and bluish purple eyes.

“No way Mokuba” chorused the twins.

Sapphire stops suddenly thinking `something bad happened and I'm scared'

“Seto, Mokuba promise me something” she said aloud.

“Okay” they responded a little uncertain what just happened. The boys looked at each other `she had a feeling about something' they thought. “What do you want us to promise you” they asked.

“No matter what happens that you will remember me” Sapphire asks them softly. The look she gave them broke their hearts to see.

“We will always remember you no matter what becomes of us” the boys chorused “as long as you do the same” they finished with heartfelt and broken smiles.

“You know I will” Sapphire replies with tears in her eyes while looking at her brothers like it would be for the last time.

Three days later

The siblings were standing around their parent's graves holding onto each other looking absolutely heartbroken, lost, and afraid. After the service they went to two different orphanages. The boys thankfully were sent to the same orphanage.

Seto's POV

`We came here three months ago and nobody is willing to adopt the both of us together. I wonder, if Sapphire's adopted yet.' I thought sadly. `What am I thinking she is miles away? And who is that person watching me?'

“Hello there young man, I'm planning to adopt….” the man started

“Not without my younger brother” I hastily replied.

“How about we play a game of chess, if I win I will not adopt you and if you win I will adopt both you and your brother how about it.” The man said

“Sure why not?” I replied. Two hours later, I won and the man adopted both Mokuba and myself. At least we have a locket specially made for all three of our pictures in it, so we can keep that promise.

End Flashback

Sapphire's POV

`I wonder if they have forgotten about me yet. I know they promised but I have a feeling they will forget about me and I will be just a memory of someone they do not remember.' I think to myself with tears in my eyes.

“Hey there young lady would you mind if we adopt you” this nice couple asked me.

“I don't mind, by the way my name is Sapphire” I responded with a charming smile.

“Hey miss we found the one we would like to adopt” my adoptive mom-to-be tells the worker which has been rather cruel to since I arrived.

Sapphire's POV

“Conner I am through with you and your cheating ways, and for future reference I. Will. Not. Take. You. Back. End of discussion” I say in a low chilling tone.

“But Fire….” Said cheater whines rather pathically.

“Enough Conner,” I interrupted “ I will not take you back, nor anything else, we are over, our relationship now is purely professional and all business.” I tell him in a cool and collected manner, regardless of wanting to throttle the fool in unbridled rage. I storm off before I do something irreparable, foolish, and brash.

Seto's POV

`These memories or dreams are happening more often lately, I wonder why' I think to myself. “Hey Mokuba I'm heading out do you need anything before I come home later today?” I ask my little brother.

“Not that I can think of, how about if I think of something I could call and let you know, do you approve?” Mokuba replies.

“Yes Mokuba, I find that very convenient for both of us.” I say before walking out the front door to the limo parked out front.

Mokuba's POV

`I hope big brother remembers sissy soon, because I know it will break here heart if does not' I think to myself. `I wonder where she is and how she is doing; I hope she finds us soon because big brother needs her more than I do. I still cannot believe that he has forgotten his twin sister, the best sister in the world.'

Sapphire's POV

`I wonder if I will ever see my brothers again' I think sadly to myself. “They are probably happy without me there” I say out loud to no one in particular.

“They are probably miserable without you sugar,” Evelyn says out of the blue, much to my annoyance. `Wait a minute, how long has she been out of the shower and out of her room?' I think to myself shocked.

“Eve-bear how do you know that, what if they never want to see me again, I don't think I could take it, and how the hell do you end up sneaking up on me.” I decided to finally ask after my shock subsided.

“You were thinking and spacing so it gave me the best opportunity” She replies with a mischievous smile on here face while trying to look innocent, which didn't really work for her, not that it ever does.

“Before I forget, what should I take to the merger between Gem Enterprises and Kaiba Corps? And since we are going to be setting up headquarters there what do you think we should do for the building?” I ask while thinking of all sorts of things to do and more than likely go crazy and overboard.

“Fire no going hog wild, things need to look nice and professional and yet fun, not overly fun, like I know your more than likely thinking at the moment, and don't try to look innocent it is not going to work with me, I know you too well.” She kindly says while looking at with that unusual glint in her eye.

`Wow she knows me too well' I sweat drop while thinking to myself. “Of course, you are the only one that knows me way to well, and sometimes that is just scary, miss experimental cook.” I jokingly tell her since we joke all the time.

End of prologue. See you next chapter. I hope I can surprise you.