Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Sister Forgotten ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh. Only the OC's and Gem Enterprises. Now back to the story.

Chapter 1

Sapphire's POV

`Okay today is Thursday, I just arrived, I am lost and a bit frustrated, and not to mention wondering if I will ever see both of my brothers again. I also have an appointment with the CEO of Kaiba Corps on Saturday at 9:00 am sharp. I am usually early to my appointments.

“Hey!” I hear from behind me, so I of course turned around and see large group of people whom I assume are friends “Are you lost? Oh, by the way, name is Yugi and they are Tea, Joey, Tristan, Duke, Serenity, Mai, Ryou, and Marik.” Yugi said.

“My name is Sapphire and yes I am lost. Could you help me find my way around, that is if it will not be any trouble?” I replied softly while looking at them with my aquamarine blue eyes.

“Where ya tryin­­­' ta get ta Sapphire?” Joey asks.

“Well I am trying to find a certain hotel” I replied.

“What's the name of the hotel?” Yugi asks me.

“Mm, let me think…It's called Blue Moon Hotel” I answered.

“Hey Sapphire, I'll drive you to your destination” replied Marik very sweetly.

`Okay it maybe its me but I have a feeling this might be a bad idea.' I think to myself. I get the same feeling from when I was a kid, the same one that I have trained myself to listen to.

An hour later and many screams from near death experiences later. `Never get in the same vehicle nor let Marik drive again.' I make a mental reminder.

“Thanks for bringing me here” I said politely.

“It was no problem Sapphire” Yugi replied.

“By the way for short call me Fire, if you want to” I said cheerfully to them.

“Okay Fire” they chorused, which kind of scared me. “Uh guys please don't do the chorus thing again it kind of scares me” I tried not to cry for the painful memories of not being around my brothers.

“Fire, why are you crying?” Ryou asks me softly with an encouraging smile.

I told them everything about my brothers including their names and how we were separated, and it took only 20 minutes to tell.

“Hey Fire, I believe we know your brothers” Yugi tells me excitedly.

That gained my attention “Okay, will you tell me where I can find my brothers?” I ask excitedly.

“Well, Seto is the CEO of Kaiba Corps” Yugi tells me before I gasped. `I don't believe this, I will be meeting with him this Saturday and didn't even know and probably wouldn't have if not for this cute creature in front of me' my mind thinks while I look at said creature.

“I think I will be meeting him this Saturday on a business trip to combine Gem Enterprises with Kaiba Corps” I tell them after they give me curious looks. “My company is Gem Enterprises, when our parents died we went to separate orphanages and then to separate families.” I started crying at that point because I have no idea how they are or anything. I miss them so much and now I hope they remember me, and that promise we made all those many years age.

“Before our parents died we made a promise to remember each other and I'm afraid that they might have forgotten me.” I said still silently crying at that thought.

“Sapphire, I highly doubt they would forget about you because you are part of their family and Seto Kaiba values family the most.” Ryou said sympathetically to me. “Besides, you look like a girl that would whoop his butt royally” he finished with a shy crooked smile, everyone including me busted out laughing so hard we all fell over for the comic scene that played out in our minds.

“Thanks guys that cheered me up and makes me want to actually see if it's as funny in real life as well as funny in our minds” I said with my charming mischievous smile. They all look at me funny. “What! Its fun to annoy Seto, I should know I did it when we were younger.” I said finding these normal teens amusing and fun to be around.

`I believe I will live here instead of Tokyo' I think to myself.

Out of the comfortable silence my cell rings and low and behold my ex. I wanted to ignore but knowing from personal experience he will only call repeatedly until I answer.

“Connor, I told you are done… And no more chances for you after what you did…Not a chance Conner…What part of no do you not get huh? You are really getting on my nerves Conner…Why am I still talking knowing you are not listening? Goodbye Conner.” I spoke to him containing my anger.

“Hey Sapphire, who is Conner?” Duke asks curiously.

“He is my ex-boyfriend, and I want nothing to do with him” I reply honestly.

“Why, what happened between the two of ya?” asks Joey.

“He cheated on me and then he is also after me for I am the heir to the Gem Enterprises Empire. More or less for the money I have.” I responded a little sad at that. For I have always wanted to be loved for me not the money I have earned. “I started up Gem Enterprises myself, and with the support of my adopted family. I am unsure that anyone else would want me for me.” I finished.

“That is not true, there are many people that like you for you and not because of the money you have or the company you started.” Yugi proudly states.

“You are right, it's hard not to think that way.” I admit softly. I would prefer not to disclose all my past relations being the same way. “I have to get signed in and take my luggage to my room, I will see you tomorrow and we can hang out for a while.” I said.

They agreed to meet at 9:00 am.

“Miss Gem, it is good to see you again.” The receptionist says with a genuine smile.

“It is good to see you as well, Laura.” I reply with a smile.

“You have the same room you always do.” She says as she signs me in and hands me the keys.

“See you later Laura.” I tell her. She waves at me as she goes to help another client.

`I hope he hasn't forgotten that promise' I think sadly. “I should call the others and give them the update.” I said out loud

Friday

“Hey Fire,” greets Yugi.

“Hey Yugi.” I greet back, seeing as he is the first to arrive. “How are you this morning?” I ask him.

“I am good Fire.” He responds, “So what would you like to do today?” he asks

“Preferably not having Marik drive, that was worse than Evelyn's.” I tell him in a scared whisper.

“I agree. He normally does not drive like that.” Yugi replies in the same scared whisper.

“Hey I heard that,” replies a smirking Marik.

“Sorry Marik, I don't like near death or deathlike experiences” I softly tell him “not after the few incidents that I almost died from.” I finished sadly.

“I…I am sorry I should not have been speeding.” Marik replies in a sorrowful tone.

“You didn't know, and it was fun” I said with a grin “maybe another time we can race cars.” I said with a smirk.

“Uh not sure we like that look Fire, What are you up to?” Ryou asks uncertainly. Marik and Yugi fills him in. “Oh that actually sounds interesting to see.” He says with the look of uncertainty in his eyes.

Seto's POV

“I hope Miss Gem will be on time tomorrow otherwise the merger is off and I can throw my weight around all I want” I say out loud to myself. `What the hell do these dreams mean, are they some form of memory and what about the promise that keeps replaying in my mind constantly? What on earth does it mean?' I thought to myself.

“Mr. Kaiba, I have been informed that Miss Gem arrived yesterday and will be staying at the Blue Moon Hotel.” My administrative assistant informs me rather cheerfully, which annoyed me even more than I was.

“I'm rather surprised that anyone would be on time rather than fashionably late, especially a female CEO,” I said coolly, while suppressing my surprise. “Now let's see if she shows up to Saturday's appointment on time.” I said rather darkly. My assistant was smart enough to keep quiet after my rather aggravated comment.

My assistant left the room and I began to think about the memories or dreams again. `What do they mean, who is that little girl and what is up with the promise we made to her, I mean why did we promise this young girl that we wouldn't forget her.' I thought to myself angrily.

Sapphire's POV

`I still hope they didn't forget that promise or me, I do not think I could take that,' I thought sadly to myself. I looked on in wonder to the group whom are now all here whom I had befriended `they know something about my brothers that they are reluctant to share with me.' I thought curiously. Though I know I won't push right now.

“Hey Fire, you still didn't answer my question of what are you planning to do today?” Yugi re-inquires.

“I was thinking about going to look around Domino to see where I can set up my new headquarters and possibly a house so I can live here, and maybe a car.” I replied with a curious expression on my face.

“We wanted ta get ta know you better that's why!” Joey exclaimed with a strange look in his eyes.

“Yeah, we would like to get to know you better as well as help you out, that is if you need it.” Said Tea, Mai, and Serenity at the same time.

“Okay how about us girls got to the mall for at least an three in a half hours…” I started to say when my cell went off “Could you guys excuse me for a few moments?” I asked after I checked the number.

“Sure Fire we can excuse you for a little while” Yugi replies rather sweetly.

I walked into the bedroom of my hotel room. “Hi Evelyn, what's going on” I ask here “Oh, What time should I meet you at the train station?.…Okay I'll be there… oh by the way who is with you…Why the hell did he come, oh well at least if he does anything remotely moronic I can fire him…Okay bye Eve-bear.” I walked back over to where the group is.

“Okay to finish my sentence after the mall, can one of you gentlemen come get me and take me to the train station in three in a half hours.” I finally got to say.

“I'll come get you Fire, since I don't mind and I do know my way around better and I have nothing better to do.” Tristan replied with a brotherly smile on his face.

20 minutes and many stoplights later at The Mall

“Dammit Mai what the hell was that” I finally got out after five minutes “did you take driving lessons from Marik, or are you trying to race to the finish line first on who is a more dangerous driver” I finished saying in shock and disbelief. I sat there trying to determine if my spine was much by now.

“I think sugar that Marik is far worse than me, and we had the same driving instructor,” Mai said with a twinkle in her eye and a glint of something I could not name. “That is if you want to have us race, then you never know” she finished with that glint in her eye that made me nervous and wanting to back up slowly.

We finally got out of the car after 10 minutes so everyone else could adjust to being stopped and catch their breath after screaming at the top of their lungs the whole way here. We walked into the mall and I saw that this mall had every store I love to shop at. My eyes finally locked onto the store that I love to shop at, Claire's.

I walked rather briskly to where the store stood and looked at what they had displayed.

“Hey Fire, where are you going?” Serenity asked softly. Mai and Tea were looking at the store in approval and awe. They looked over at the same time Serenity asked her question.

“Over to Claire's to see what they have that I would really like and most likely to buy a crate full of” I answered in kind. I then proceeded to enter the store and saw several items with what looked to be flame like. I got out my credit card and proceeded to by all flame or fire like related items I saw throughout the store. I did this throughout the whole mall. I was finished ten minutes before Tristan arrived to pick me up. The girls were catching their breath and looking at me in awe.

“Wow Fire what all did you buy?” He said while looking at my twenty or so bags of assorted merchandise. The girls waved and said they would meet us at the train station.

“Everything flame or fire like” I answered truthfully with a great big smile. I gave him my `what? I saw what I liked and bought it.'

End of chapter 1

Thank you for reading. Please review. I will have more surprises waiting. I tried to make