Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Snow Angels ❯ Snow Angels Final Chapter ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Snow Angels: Awakenings

Here's the last chapter in this series. I want to get going on a new one, that's going to be different than my other writing. Anyway, I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh and am not making any money from this.

Last Chapter:

"Go ahead Yami. Anything to get you better." Yugi said pulling on his sweater again. Without the heater, it had gotten very cold in the house. By the time Yugi pulled his sweater over his head, Yami was already sleeping.

"I'm sorry for making you so tired. I never thought it would affect you like this…"thought Yugi to himself. Pulling a blanket over Yami, Yugi just held his puzzle and prayed to every god his other half would be all right.

At some point during the night, Yugi had fallen asleep on Yami's legs. Feeling movement under his head, the smaller boy sat up and looked expectantly ay his Yami. Not sure if Yami was really awake, or just getting more comfortable, he softly called out, "Yami?"

If it hadn't been almost totally dark, Yugi would have been greeted with a sleep-dazed crimson eye opening. "I don't wanna be pharaoh today…let someone else do it…."

Yugi responded with a gentle laugh. "Yami, you're not in Egypt, and you don't have to rule anything, if you don't want." Then, more seriously, he asked, "How are you feeling now?"

"Better, but I still feel tired. I'll be okay, Aibou." Yami assured his light, noticing the worried look that shadowed the normally angelic face. Sitting up on the couch, Yami noticed the small candle that was still burning, giving off the only light in the room. "Very comforting…" he commented, staring into the dancing flame.

"Umm…Yami, what happened? In the kitchen, I mean." Yugi asked hesitantly.

"That…" Yami dismissed, motioning for Yugi to move closer under the blanket he'd straightened out from his nap. "When the gods granted me this form to be with you, they warned me that my Dark Powers would become more limited. Maintaining enough energy to light the Puzzle for us really drained me."

Yugi just stared at the Egyptian, not really sure what to think, but wondering if he'd still be able to protect them, if the need ever arose. The thought must have filtered through the mind link because an odd smirk crossed Yami's face.

"Aibou, I'd still be able to send Tea and that idiot Tomb Robber to the Shadow Realm, then finish off Marik." Yami teased evilly.

"Yami!!" Yugi scolded. "You know you can't do that to them. Marik's changed, Bakura's behaving, and Tea…well, she's…." Yugi stopped, coming up with nothing to say nice about Tea for once.

Mentally laughing at his hikari's loss for words, Yami assured him, "Trust me, I didn't mind doing it for you, and I don't regret what happened. And, I will always be here for you, aibou." Running a hand through Yugi's hair, Yami unconsciously, pulled the smaller boy closer in a warm embrace.

Just then, the lights began flickering like they were going to come back on. However, it was just a tease. Yugi shivered in Yami's arms, reminding them that if the electricity didn't come back on soon, it was going to get much colder.

"You okay hikari?" asked Yami, concerned for the little one's health.

Nodding fiercely, Yugi responded, "Fine, just a little cold is all." As he cuddled closer to Yami's warm body, Yugi looked up at his love and saw him staring intently on the small flame. Seeing this as a chance to have some fun with his pharaoh, Yugi leaned up and gave him a quick kiss.

"Y..Yugi?" Yami blinked, shocked that his innocent light just made what could be called a move on him.

"Yes?" the small teen replied, acting as if nothing happened.

Being cautious not to frighten Yugi by a forward movement, Yami leaned down to return the kiss that had just been given to him. Seeing this as a way to keep his hikari warm, Yami gently pushed his light down on the couch and pulled the blanket over both of them.

"Yami, what are you doing?" Yugi asked uncertainly. He and Yami had been intimate with each other for a while now, but Yugi always wondered exactly what was running through his other half's mind when things started heating up.

"You said you were cold. I see this as a way to fix that problem and to keep us entertained without the electricity." Yami stated simply.

"But…" any further argument on Yugi's part was lost in a slow kiss that left both teens gasping for air.

"Aibou, when are you going to learn, you won't win with me??" said Yami as he began to undress his small light.

Some time later, the two lovers were together, entwined on the couch, both very warm and content. Yugi was the first to shake off the passion-induced sleep. Laying with his head on Yami's chest, he watched the candle dance as the flame began to flicker out. Knowing that he really didn't want to move, Yugi hoped for something to occur so he wouldn't have to move from his warm place next to Yami.

The lights began to flash again. Figuring that they were only going to go out again, Yugi didn't get his hopes up. However, several minutes later, the room lit up harshly from the lights that had been left on.

"Yami, wake up!" Yugi whispered excitedly. "The electricity's back on."

One eye opened and clearly told Yugi that it's owner didn't want to get up and didn't plan on it anytime soon.

"Come on. We need to check that everything is okay." Yugi got up and took the blanket with him, leaving Yami to the cold.

Just then, the phone rang. Yami, being closest to it, answered. "Hello?"

"Hey, Yami! Glad to hear you're okay. Where's Yuge?" said the voice on the other end.

"Hang on Joey. I'll get him." Yami called his small light over, stealing the blanket back.

Yugi talked for a few minutes to his best friend before plopping down beside his other half. "It was Joey. He wanted to see if we were okay and then had to go. He said something about having to wear a collar and short leash if he didn't."

At that mental image, Yami burst out laughing, "I never knew Kaiba would actually do that to Joey."

Looking out the window, Yugi saw it was still snowing. He got up to look outside. All he saw was the world blanketed in white. With the streetlights shining on it, the snow seemed to be made of diamonds. Yami came up behind him and held him in his arms.

"I see why you and our friends enjoy snow. It's so pretty like this." Yami said as he nuzzled his light's hair.

Yugi shivered from the sensation of having his hair touched. "Yami, I think I'm getting a little cold." He said with a devious smile.

Thanks to everyone who read and reviewed. I'm sorry, I can't write lemony fics. I appreciate the time you guys took to comment, and hope you check out more of my stories.

Ja ne!