Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Snow Love, Snow Bound ❯ Shattered Glass, Part One ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N - Here is the long waited chapter. I want to say I am sorry for taken so long. I am in the process of moving, and surrounded by boxes at this very moment. Thank you all who threatened me. You persuaded me to move the boxes, and type out this chapter.

Shattered Glass, Part One

Last Time...

Soon after Yugi had fallen asleep Yami sat watching him. Without another thought Yami leaned down, and kissed him on the cheek. Yami then pulled Yugi closer trying to keep his light warm.

Almost eight hours had passed since the car went over the road, or was it nine? Yami couldn't tell it was very dark now, and it felt like a freezer inside the car. Yami couldn't see the road, or hear a single car. All he heard was the quietness of the outdoors, and the soft breathing that was coming from his light.

Yugi had been asleep for awhile now, and Yami tried to keep them both warm. Yugi though was still shaking slightly from the cold. Yami couldn't sleep, and was left alone with his thoughts.

-Yami's Thoughts-

I hope someone finds us soon. I can't think like that. Someone will find us. I just hope Yugi is all right until then. I don't know what I would do if something terrible where to ever happen to him. I don't think I could live with myself. Wait where are all of the thoughts coming from. Could I really like Yugi, I mean could I really love him that way. I have always cared for him, but could we go as far as being lovers. Is Yugi even like that. I know he had a crush on Anzu, but...

-Normal POV-

Yami was taken away from his thoughts as the teen in his arms began to shift. Soon Yugi had his eyes open, and was looking at Yami.

"Hi Yami." mumbled Yugi, as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"Hello little one, feeling better?"

"Yes. Thank You."

"Anytime." Yami replied as he pulled Yugi closer.

Suddenly without warning branches began breaking and falling around the car. Yugi instantly curled into a ball out of fear, as Yami covered him the best he could. That was when their situation turned from bad to worse. The force of the branches was causing the windshield to crack further. In an instant the windshield shattered, spraying glass over the two boys.

Back with Seto and Jou

Jou couldn't sleep. All he could think about was Seto. First Seto was being normal, then he was being nice, now he was even keeping Yugi's secrets. He was supposed to be Yugi's best friend. Why hadn't he told him about wanting to spend time with Yami. He would have understood. Jou glanced at the clock. The digital setting read twelve o-clock. So much for sleeping.

Seto was setting in the living room in shock. He had a cool cloth pressed to his check trying to stop the stinging. Jou had slapped him. He had also let part of the plan slip. Now what was he supposed to do. Seto was soon shook out of his thoughts by the sound of Jou opening his door.

Jou finally decided to get something to drink. He opened his door, and came face to face with Seto. Seto was turned around on the couch staring at Jou as he walked out.

"I...ummm...I couldn't sleep. I am still worried about Yugi and Yami."

"Oh...ummm...Well the storm has let up so they should be all right. Yugi just took the back road up here. It takes a little longer. It is still a good road"

"So Yugi wanted to spend time with Yami?" Jou asked as he sat down beside Seto.

"Yeah. He said that they haven't had much time to spend together so he asked if you could ride with me. Well he gave me those eyes so I couldn't say no."

Jou laughed. "He always uses those eyes. He knows no one can resist them."

"Yeah." Seto laughed also. "He is way better at it then Mokuba too."

They both laughed at this, and both seemed more relaxed.

"Uh. I am sorry for slapping you earlier. I was just mad that Yugi didn't tell me, and then you didn't say anything."

"No, I am sorry I should have told you."

"Well I guess we are both sorry. So we are even then I guess."

"Yeah we are even."

Jou and Seto sat side by side for quite some time. They were both thrown into a shock though when the lights suddenly went out.

"Shit. What the heck happened."

"I think the lights went out."

"Well duh. I know that. Stay where you are I will try to find a flash light."

"No problem."

Jou stayed sitting on the couch while he listened to Seto banging and running into things in search of a light source.

"Do you need any help?" Jou yelled out.

"No I think I found one."

Seto had finally found a flash light in one of the kitchen draws. He turned it on and found some candles, and another flash light before heading back to Jou.

"Here light some of these candles."

"OK. Did you find out why the lights went out."

"No not yet."

Jou got up from the couch, and walked over to the window. He looked out to find that the storm seemed to had gotten far worse. All he could see was white upon white.

"Come take a look Seto."

Seto walked over beside Jou, and saw the sight. All of a sudden there came a loud crash, and the sound of shattered glass.

A/N - Please Review.