Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spirits: Welcome Home ❯ Chapter 2: Silent One ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Spirits: Welcome Home
 
Chapter 2: Silent One
 
Summary: They sacrificed the greatest thing a human can give in order to save those they did not know and were rewarded with a gift after agreeing to a life-changing contract. But after the incidents they forgot and have lived five year long since searched for by the ones they saved. Come see the journey they took in order to see their true forms and return to their true home.
 
Warning for chapter: None as of yet.
 
Authoress Note: Don't own YugiOh! Sorry but poor student just trying to make it in life. I will also clearly mark OC but other then that I own nothing. Got that? Good. Now we continue to the story…
 
Last time:
 
“Wait, can I come too?” the boy asked shyly. Kurah looked at him as his stomach began to ache horrible. But he ignored it and showed the boy back into the rooms were the dogs were held.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kurah watched as the boy followed behind him humming a nice tune. The tune seemed familiar to him but he wasn't sure where it had come from. It reminded him of the dream he had had the night before. He slowly came to a stop outside a white door with the words Kennel painted on it nicely. Slowly the humming came to an end as the door opened and all the dogs began to bark. Their bark was of warning and danger but Kurah couldn't understand why. He listened to the golden retriever as it stood protectively over her puppies. Her ears back aggressively. So very uncharacteristic of the usually friendly dog, she began to get even worse as the young boy inched closer to the cage to inspect the puppies. He seemed unnaturally interested in them. She bore her fangs but he boy didn't seem afraid.
 
Deep in the boy's throat Kurah could hear a gentle whimpering sound as the boy taking more careful steps continued to approach the cage. The retriever didn't back down but instead lowered her head slightly as he got closer.
 
“Your animals are smart.” The boy said as he reached a hand inside the cage and retrieved one of the puppies. It was a small chocolate color. The puppy licked his cheek happily and the boy licked it back. “This little one is sick though. Would you mind examining it while I get Fangs?” he asked still smiling as he pet the mother retriever. She whimpered slightly and licked his palm.
 
Kurah finished unloading the large Akita from his cage as he took the puppy from the boy. Kurah looked over the puppy and he looked fine to him. Fangs began to growl at the puppy and it whimpered and wined to be returned to the boy. The boy bent down and rubbed his forehead against Fangs making those same cooing sounds.
 
“What's your name?” Kurah managed to ask as he too the puppy into an examining room followed close behind by Fangs. Fangs sat next the puppy on the examination table nuzzling him gentle. The boy looked up from the dogs for a moment and said one word, `Ryou' before returning to the puppy.
 
He kissed Fangs gently as Kurah continued to examine the puppy before discovering what Ryou had been talking about. The puppy had a breathing abnormality probably caused from being born from such a large litter. He probably didn't have much time left in the world.
 
“I'll buy the puppy from you. He would make my other pet so very happy.” Ryou said motioning to Fangs who was now showering the young one with attention.
 
“I'm sorry but he's going to die very soon. He had a breathing abnormality caused by a failing heart chamber.” Kurah said trying to be sensitive.
 
“I know. I could tell by the way the mother rejected him. But I still want him. Just name your price.” Kurah looked at the determined boy.
 
“Fine, I'll give him to you for free since I can't guarantee he'll live to see your home.” Kurah said shaking his head.
 
Ryou picked up the now shaking puppy and held him close to his chest as he paid for Fangs sat in the Kennel. “Come by my place in a week and come check up on him if you want. You can bring the mom and other pups if you want. You have my address in your data base. Have a good day Kurah.” He said the last part with a smile as he stepped out the door.
 
Kurah looked up. How did the boy know his name? He had never said it. He quickly opened the door to the street to find not a soul walking the streets in the early morning. He saw Fangs tracks in dirt outside the shop disappear suddenly in the parking lot ask if he had gotten into a car. Kurah shock his head and decided to think nothing of it as he turned back to his clinic with a shrug.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Marik turned to look as his door slowly opened. He saw standing in his door a young teenager maybe sixteen years old looking around thoughtfully before turning to a piece of paper in his hand. The boy smiled at him again and waved happily before placing a piece of paper on the counter that read:
 
Hello,
 
My name is Malik. It's nice to see you again. Is Zuri ready to come home?
 
Marik looked at the note then back to teen. He was sure he had never seen this teen before in his life. So how could he be seeing him again? He asked himself pointed to his mouth slowly and then to his ears. Malik nodded and took out a pen and wrote.
 
I can hear you but I cannot talk. Is my cat ready? Isis said she would be ready to day. I miss her dearly. He added after a moment before looking back towards Marik.
 
Slowly Marik nodded and disappeared into the back of the clinic to recover the boy's young Egyptian Mau. The cat was a young female, Egyptian Mau, with large green eyes, grey spotted fur and a beautiful stride. She nuzzled against Marik as he took her out of the cage pausing for a moment to hear the dogs barking next door in Kurah's clinic. She purred happily as she saw Malik waiting for her.
 
Malik's platinum blonde hair fell into his face giving him a mysterious appearance as two small soft ears appeared upon his head. Marik blinked and looked up to see the ears had disappeared and Malik was looking at him with a smile. He then made a gesture much like a small child about to be given a present as he reached for Zuri. Marik gave the cat to him. He smiled in return.
 
As Marik began to ring up the bill he noticed Malik writing away on the piece of paper and hand it over to him with a one hundred dollar bill. Marik slowly looked to it and began to read.
 
I have to say good bye for now. My sister says that should be enough to cover the bill. If not then come see me at the address given below in about seven days to see me. I was kind of sad you didn't remember me but that's' okay. I'll be out of town until then. Thank you for taking care of Zuri. She tells me you were very gentle with her. XD. Have a good week hope to see you soon.
 
Malik
 
With that Marik looked up to find the door closing and the boy gone. Malik, huh? Marik thought to himself as he headed back into the back room to finish taking care of the other felines. With a simple shrug he placed the bill into the register before heading back into the back room for a snooze.
 
He lay his head down on the cot after placing an out to lunch sign with a note saying he'd be back in an hour with a little clock pointing to one on the clock. Marik drifted off to sleep thinking of the silent boy he had met earlier that day.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Chapter 2 complete onto chapter 3, I will update another chapter when I get a review.
 
Lokivsanubis