Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spirits: Welcome Home ❯ Deaf Ears ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Spirits: Welcome Home
 
Chapter 3: Deaf Ears
 
Summary: They sacrificed the greatest thing a human can give in order to save those they did not know and were rewarded with a gift after agreeing to a life-changing contract. But after the incidents they forgot and have lived five year long since searched for by the ones they saved. Come see the journey they took in order to see their true forms and return to their true home.
 
Warning for chapter: None as of yet.
 
Authoress Note: Don't own YugiOh! Sorry but poor student just trying to make it in life. I will also clearly mark OC but other then that I own nothing. Got that? Good. Now we continue to the story…
 
Last time:
 
He lay his head down on the cot after placing an out to lunch sign with a note saying he'd be back in an hour with a little clock pointing to one on the clock. Marik drifted off to sleep thinking of the silent boy he had met earlier that day.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Marik lay on his back holding his hand over his face breathing lightly. His back began to burn with a fury so he turned over on his side thinking over the strange boy, Malik that had come to see him earlier that day. Gods, Marik cursed as he began to rub his back, thinking about that boy made it ache but for some reason he couldn't stop. It's nice to see you again. The boy had written. How had they met before? Marik asked himself rubbing his hand along his back pulling it away quickly as he felt something wet. Marik arched an eyebrow as he looked at his hand. It was covered in a reddish brown mess.
 
Marik immediately stood and walked into the small bathroom to see the huge claw marks left on him from his childhood were still on his back. He couldn't quiet remember how he had happened across the beast that attacked him but he remembered all to well the after effect.
 
After Marik woke up in the hospital at that national park, he heard his parents arguing. Not long after that did they divorce, his father won custody of him, since he was still fifteen years old, later his father dying of a heart attack and he went to live with his mom. He was forced to stop wrestling in school or playing any sports for that mater because of his strange animal like strength that could come and go on a whim and his quick to anger personality. Even now into his adult life, if he could call it that he was now 21 years old, having just celebrated his last birthday, his mother was sick in the hospital with a rare cancer and he hadn't been laid in almost two years. Gods he hated remembering that fact. (No sex in two years makes a lot of tension.)
 
He remembered all these moments in his life as he quickly cleaned the large jagged cuts on his back and placed a towel around his waist. He quickly opened the door that connected to Kurah's clinic and asked him for assistance.
 
Kurah looked up at him with worry as he noticed the bloody towel.
 
“What happened to you?” Kurah asked as he sat down to have the wound bound and closed. “Why did your wound open up so suddenly?”
 
“You know I meet a strange boy today. He looked so much like me and…” Marik said avoiding the questions. “He couldn't speak to me but when he looked at me it felt like he was saying a thousand words a minute.” Marik smiled slightly only to wince as Iodine was poured onto his wound before Bakura covered his back with bandages.
 
“I meet someone like that too. He took a sick puppy home with him. He invited me back in a week to check up on it at his house.” Kurah said as he washed his hands in the sink.
 
“You think Yami met a little mini-me today too?” Marik asked as he pulled his shirt back on and began to head back towards his clinic door. Kurah simply shrugged and went back to filling some papers, ignoring the even more painful stomach cramps. (A/N: no it's not PMS. But it's just stomach pain.) Kurah opened his shirt to look at the scared flesh there. He couldn't remember what attacked him but he knew it happened when he was on vacation in the mountains during his fifteenth birthday.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Yami sat in his clinic bored out of his mind. He was reading the latest Discovery Magazine (Don't own it). It was having a special edition for avian life of the Tropical Rain forests of the world. Yami stared at the pictures of the beautiful parrots, colored in green, red, yellow, and grey. Yami read under the picture of a caged scarlet macaw: This macaw named King is suffering after his mate Nina was killed by a hunter, he was injured. He's made a full recovery but refuses to eat and calls out into the night constantly. Scientists are baffled by his behavior.
 
That's easy, Yami thought looking into the picture a little closer. His poor mate has gone and now he wants to be with her again. Yami sighed. But animals don't feel compassion, love, pain, or mercy. At least that's what most of the world thinks.
 
“That's not true.” A woman said walking into the store holding onto the hand of a little boy. The little boy looked a lot like Yami. His eyes were amethyst in color and his hair was tricolor. He had blonde bangs, a black midsection and beautiful red crimson tips. He smiled happily at Yami and made several hand gestures. Yami looked confused for a moment. “He says, It' nice to see you again Atemu.” The woman translated the boy's sign language. Yami stood still for a moment this boy knew his real name. How could that be?
 
“What is he deaf?” Yami asked looking at the woman and not the boy. The boy got mad, his cheeks reddened and his eyes narrowed. He made some more gestures and turned his back to Yami. The woman smiled and apologized.
 
“You see, he's feelings are hurt that you don't remember him and that when you asked about him you looked at me instead of him.” The woman smiled and waved her hand through her own tricolor hair. “He's my little brother if you were wondering. And he wants to know if you have any medication for sick birds. His had been acting strange ever since his mate flew away. And it attacks any other birds we put in with it. Not thing seems to work.” She sighed. “I mean it's been almost five years now. But the bird refuses to heal. He just keeps waiting, and now we're worried about him.” She added the last part as she pet the boy's head.
 
The boy still had his back turned but now he was looking around Yami's small clinic/ aviary. He smiled at all the birds and began to sing a very beautiful song. The song had no words really it was only a melody but it was beautiful. The birds that flew above and around in the aviaries began to sing too, each their own beautiful song, but all were careful not to overshadow the beautiful song from the boy.
 
Yami found himself falling almost to sleep from the sound of the birds and the boy together. He slightly nodded off his head but quickly awoke after hiding his head on the desk below him. When he looked up he found the boy and the woman gone. Yami looked around but found that only several minutes had gone by but that nothing in the shop had moved nor changed except the small sheet of paper reading: Home Address 3333 Spirited Away Lane. If you want to see the bird in need.
 
Chapter 3 Complete, chapter 4 on the way… Sorry the updates are kinda short. I'll write longer ones in the future. Review if you liked it. I love to hear your ideas and thoughts on my story.