Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Stalking the Elusive ❯ Aftermath ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Stalking the Elusive~

By DarkFoxy

***

I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! The characters in this story, or anything else that has been patented! If I did then I would be insanely rich, I definitely wouldn't need to be writing fanfictions, and the show would be a little different, heh heh heh. The only things I own are the ideas for this story and crap laying around my bedroom floor. So anyway, DON'T sue me because all you will get will be six fifty in loose change, my school supplies, and an enormous lawyer bill.

Replies:

Dee-whY-Cee-aRe: I'm glad that you liked Mr. Kookeenookee! I had so much fun writing him, and unfortunately many of his actions are very similar to things that my friends and I do at times. ^_~

Blue September: Heh heh, it's so fun to embarrass Yami! I can just picture him squirming around and trying to act like he's still all confident and regal. Unfortunately, I have consulted the horrors of the Honors English teachers and even if there are more than one textbook per student, it is still correct usage to say his or her. Ugh, English can be soooo stupid, and keep in mind that this is Yami's third language!

mrsbinx1013: Here's the next update! I'm so sorry to everyone that it has taken so long. School is being incredibly annoying and taking up all the free time that I would rather write in!

DarkShadowFlame: As I said before, the classroom scene was just amazingly fun to write; Kaiba got to laugh hysterically but it was still kind of in character, Yami got to get so embarrassed he turned the color of a Swedish Fish (I love those things! Yum!), and Mr. Kookeenookee got to come out and play! I will certainly be putting him in more in the future, he's just too fun to stay on the sidelines.

Rowan and Sakura: I'm glad that you like the journal format! I was kind of afraid that some people would have a problem with it; it's hard to write a story all in journal format and still keep it flowing and realistic. About Joey and Bakura, I think that they're big softies for each other (although Bakura/Yugi and Ryou/Joey is good too), and Yami had to put in his bit of 'advice' for Joey's sake.

Seto-Kaiba's-fan: Glad you approve!

Sailor Pride and Yumi-chan: Have I mentioned how much I admire you? If I didn't well, there you go, and no author dislikes more compliments! Don't worry, Yami is definitely winding up his confidence and getting ready to pounce on his target (though it may be a while for the clueless CEO to pick up on it).

shadowheart378: HERE'S THE UPDATE! I'M SORRY I MADE YOU WAIT, IF I HAD A CHOICE I WOULD BE WRITING AT LEAST FOUR HOURS A DAY! Hehehe

AngelicSlayer: Yeah, that chapter was pretty long, but I had to get the classroom scene out and set the stage for more of the story to unfold. Hopefully it was a good long chapter, and there weren't any people out there that started reading it then stopped because it was too long! I think there should definitely be more Seto/Yami fics!

BlueEyesjammys15: I'm glad you like, here's the next chapter!

Tainted Fortune: I'm continuing, I'm continuing. I'm so glad that you like this story, your review made me feel all warm and fuzzy, and I'm glad you like the Yami point of view!

Meloncrisp: I'm sorry I'm sorry! I feel terrible that it has been so long since I updated, but thanks for reminding me, and making me feel like there are readers out there who are actually waiting for my stories! HBBE will have the next chapter out very soon as well, I just need to smooth it out a little bit.

sapphire 1: Wow, 10 out of 10 across the board, you make me feel so good! I'm glad I showed you that journal style of writing can be fun, I was hoping it wasn't too choppy or confusing.

cerridwen: Yea, I was aiming at expressing the different parts of Yami, after all he can't be in control and saving the world all of the time!

purplechaos04: I'm so glad that you are enjoying the humor in my story. I'm sorry if I implied somehow that Malik's yami lived in ancient Egypt, I think I was going more for Malik being there, but I probably messed up or something. Thanks for pointing it out, now let's see if I can track it down!

Sypherus: I'm glad that you enjoyed despite grammar problems. The worst thing about mediaminer.org is that I haven't figured out how to replace a chapter with a different file like I can on fanfiction.net. This means that in order to upload corrected chapters I would need to delete the previous one along with the reviews! @_@

Kurama no Miko2003: I'm glad that you like Ryou/Yugi so much, I think it's cute too. I'm definitely planning on having some Yugi/Ryou, Jou/Bakura fluff in this story, it would be unrealistic if every second was focused on Seto. That's why I had the whole lunchroom scene.

Thanks to all reviewers, I love you sooo much! Reviewing really touches the author and makes her feel even more guilty about not updating (therefore making her write more during class and updating more frequently!). This is a really short chapter, but that's because it's just a hold over to prove that I'm still writing and that other chapters REALLY ARE COMING SOON! I promise!


Chapter Two: Aftermath

Monday, 6:14 pm

My Room

I'm not even going to go into how flustered I was for the remainder of the school day. I can say that I think I am now permanently red, and I'm only fortunate that Joey wasn't in the room when I made my unfortunate... outburst. Gods, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to be able to show my face around school again!

Oh... Joey. Hmm, where to start? Well, I saw him later after class... he had a very goofy smile plastered on his face, just a 'couple' suspicious looking bruises on his neck, and a VERY swollen nose. After about five minutes of me attempting to talk to his very dazed face, I realized he wasn't quite up to noticing any pain, so I ended up dragging him to the nurse's office.

After some initial awkwardness while we tried to make up an excuse as to how a simple bloody nose had led to a broken cartilage, Joey left to go to the emergency room, and I passed through the rest of the day trying to be as unnoticeable as possible. Ugh, I just hope that plan succeeded....

Now I'm sitting in my room, and... well... writing in this journal. I've been thinking about my goal from Mr. Kookeenookee's class, and I've come up with the following plans of action. Now just don't take this wrong:

1. Every day will initiate at least one conversation with subject (i.e. Seto Kaiba, and I'll settle for a few words, no need to be picky.)

2. Will set one small interaction goal per day, and achieve at all costs! (Baby steps, baby steps, must not take this too quickly)

3. Will start working on getting subject(i.e. Seto Kaiba) into social circle, and get friends to accept him (namely Tea. I have a sneaking suspicion that Joey really doesn't not-like Seto as much as he lets on. Hmmm, I'll have to keep an eye on that!)

4. Will-

7:10

My Room

Okay, sorry, it was Grandpa Moto calling me down for dinner. Even though I was Pharaoh in Ancient Egypt and had royal chefs preparing delicacies for me at every meal, I still have to marvel at the wonders of this time like Ramen, Chef Boy-are-dee (or whatever), Rice-a-roni, and Shake and Bake. These strange dishes are so delightful, yet come in boxes made of cardboard or metal canisters. In some senses, Ancient Egypt seems much more practical than this age, but I digress.

10:18

My Bed

Here I am sitting in my room late at night. It's hard to believe that I've only been keeping this journal for twenty-four hours! I'm already so familiar with it and writing seems to come naturally. I wonder why I'm not acing Literature? Anyway, I'm feeling kind of pensive right now. I think I'll just scribble for a couple minutes then try to get to sleep.

Sometimes I wonder just what I am right now; am I the Pharaoh from the past? A whole new entity? A mere protector and spectator now that I've been given a second chance at life? I feel like I'm a shadow, a reflection in the many facets of the Millennium Puzzle, and a stranger in a whole new world. How would I do on my own? If I had not started with a host, would I have been accepted as what I am? I always wonder.

Do I even have a purpose beyond these games I excel in? I've lost my memories and it has been a long time since I've had to save Yugi or fight against evil. I can't stand being just a normal person sometimes. Pharaoh, hero, King of Games, I've always been 'something' and now I don't even have a special person to share normality with. Perhaps that is one more in the list of reasons Seto Kaiba appeals so to me. In many senses, he is the same as me, especially because in his past life (though he doesn't remember) he was far from unimportant. He's never been an insignificant figure, he's always been depended upon and needed. If I ever was a part of him, then that alone would make me something. He's so cold and aloof though, but then again, maybe I unconsciously see that as one more challenge to surmount, a game to win, to be the first (save Mokuba) to break through his icy shell and find the cold fire inside. Gods I love him though.