Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Star of Millenia ❯ Here we go... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Star of Millenia

Chapter Three:


Needless to say, the next few hours were stressful. They had no ways of knowing where Yami Tea had gone in the car, and searching for her was useless. The best option? Wait and pray no-one crosses her path or provokes her into blowing up any buildings.




They had turned on the TV and watched the news, hoping she wouldn't show up anywhere. Otherwise, they just sat around. Joey and Tristan were on the floor playing DM (surprize, surprize folks) and Joey was winning.

"Aww man!! Not again!" Tristan cried as Joey's Red-Eyes Black Dragon blew his Cyber Commander to the graveyard. Joey smiled a bit and collected his cards from the board.

"Lost again, eh bro?" he smiled. Tristan just collected his cards and shuffled them up.

"Whatever Joey..can we play something else?" he asked. Joey shruggled and pulled out regular card deck and they played Gin.

On the couch, YamiBakura had retreated back into the Ring, and Bakura was in charge of his body now. He sat beside Yugi, and the two mused over the recent events.

"Yugi, what are we going to do? According to my Yami, the Star was never created. If so, where did it come from?" Bakura asked. Yugi went blank, he was talking to Yami.

"Well, me and Yami both think that the Star was created AFTER all of us passed away in Egypt. If so, there must have been a reason. I wonder why?"

"Maybe someone re-opened the Shadow Games??" Bakura asked.

"Could be, but, wouldn't have the Items been awoken if that was true?"

"I guess...maybe we can ask Yami Tea when or if she ever gets back." Yugi looked up at the sky, sighing slowly.

"Whats wrong?" Bakura pried. Yugi looked back at him and explained.

"Don't you remember? All the carriers of a Millenium Items were once people back in ancient Egypt. I was a Pharoah, Seto was one of my preists, you were a...a..."

"Grave robber? I don't mind it Yugi, I know it wasn't me. Go on" he urged.

"Joey and Tristan were two of my closest friends. ......So was Tea." Bakura's eyes lit up.

"Do you mean...that...maybe..." he stammered.

"Yeah, I think Yami Tea may be Tea's reincarnate from Anceint Egypt." he finished.

"Wow, thats weird." Bakura whispered as he reclined on the couch. "but Yugi, didn't Yami say once that Tea was a kind person back in Egypt?"

"Yeah, but you see, Yami died before she did. She could have lived for several more years after that. Maybe something changed her in that time. It's possible that she may have become like she is now, a real...female dog." he finished.

"Heh," Bakura chuckled, "that's what YamiBakura called her too, along with a few other things." Yugi sortta smiled.

"Yami didn't call her anything. Yami doesn't go so low as to insult someone, but he's...wary of her. She DOES have an Item, that much is certain, and her powers are more openly agressive. More of a fighter's type magic."

"What do you mean "Fighter's type magic'"? he asked.

"Well, it's like something you'd use in a real fight. Most of the Item's powers are strategic. The Ring seeks out the other Items, the Rod controls minds, the Tauk sees the future, the Eye allows you to read people's minds, the Scale points out truth from lies, the Ahnk sees people's true personalities, and the Puzzle protects from dark magic." Yugi explained. "The Star seems to grant the wearer powerful magic. Magic that's openly and imediately assesable. Unlike the other Items"

"But, the Puzzle and the Rod, they allow you to use them almost any time you wish." Bakura rationalized.

"No, the transformation between me and Yami takes time. The Rod also has a few seconds delay before it begins to work. You saw her, it took her notime to summon that fireball earlier. Immagine, even with all the Items against her, she only needs to shoot some fire and thats it, no competition. But we do have an advantage..."

Bakura blinked. "We can run faster than she can?"

"No!! Her power, it seems to be unstable, it's fast, powerful, and can be used in an instant, but it can't last long."

"How'd you figure that?"

"It's a secret." Yugi teased.

Bakura went to say something else, but was interupted by a sound, the sound of tires screeching in the driveway. Everyone looked up as lights passed along the walls through the blinds and dissapeared.

"She's baaaaaaaaaccccccck!!" chimed Joey.

The engine stopped and the sound of a door slamming echoed through the street. Silence followed and the door blew open suddenly and Yami Tea stepped in.

"What the........?" Tristan wavered. Yami Tea plunked down several bags of clothing on the floor, pulled off her sunglasses, and tossed them on the table.

"It's 8:00 at night, she wore those things while drving?" Mai asked. No-one answered her, most were looking at Yami Tea to be sure they were ready to run.

"So," Yami Tea plopped on the nearest seat and crossed her legs. "Were you guys good little boys and girls while I was gone?"

"You see the house standing, don't ya?" Tristan muttered under his breath.

Yami Tea ignored that and smiled. "I take that as a yes..." she smiled. She gave a toss to her brown and blonde hair. Yes, blonde. Her hair was streaked heavily with blonde stands, and it was more messy than Tea's. She had changed outfits while she was gone. Tea's old clothes, (a pair of white cargo pants and a blue top), were now a black, glittery tube top covered by a snake skin-esque jacket. Her legs were encased in leatherette pants that hid the tops of her Stiletto (sp?) heeled boots. In other words, she was prime material for a Matrix sequel, the clothes were that tight.

"Nice clothes, uh, Yami Tea." Bakura praised her. Maybe is she was happy, she wouldn't fry them, at least that was his hope. Yami Tea snorted.

"This? Just a small ensamble, nothing much. At least it's an improvement over that prissy-girl stuff up there..." She pointed up, indicating Tea's room. Everyone just kept silent and did nothing. Yami Tea, sensing they were somewhat tense, stood up and picked up her bags. "I'm going to correct that massive mistake that is my new room." she announced. Her body disappeared up the steps before everyone sighed in releif.

"At least she didn't flip out.." Trsitan pointed out. The other residents of the Mazaki household just thanked whatever lucky star they possesed and hoped that that luck stayed.

Upstairs, sounds of thumping, things being dragged, rearranged, and being thrown into general disorder eminated. One preticular sound of something shattering drew much attention to above.

"What was that?" Bakura asked.

"I think it was something breaking...sounded like glass, or porcelin." Mai offered.

"How do you know what shattering porcelin sounds like?" Joey asked.

"Just stuff it Joey." she snapped. He cringed and was silent.

"Yes ma'am..." he whimpered.

"Ohh!! He's being scolded..." Tristan mocked. Mai turned her violet gaze on him

" Same goes for you too!" she hollered. Tristan took up the same submissive position, facing away from Mai as Joey did.

"So who's being scolded now?" Joey asked.

"Just shut up!"


The sounds and strange noises continued for about an hour after that til finally everything went silent.

"Ya think she's done??" Yugi asked.

"Hope so Yug, I'm getting tired of this." Tristan complained.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG GG!!!!!"

"That was Tea!!" Yugi cried.

"No joke man!!" Joey fired back, jumping up. Everyone leaped up and ran upstairs. Yugi was first to turn the corner and see inside.

"What.....the....??" he stammered. Joey skidded to a stop behind him and looked inside.

"Holy...." Everyone peeked in and gave their variating veiws on the incredable transformation of the small room in a matter of an hour.

"Is this Trading Spaces (1) or something?" Mai asked.

"Tea?" Yugi asked, going into the midle of the room, where and figure in black stood stock still on the middle of the black and purple woven rug. Yugi came around to her and looked at her. Her eyes were back to blue, which meant this was really Tea now. Gulping down to ignore the clothes, or lack thereof, on her, he shook her shoulder gently. Exciting no response, he shook harder.

"Tea?? Whats wrong?" he asked.

"M-M-My...room. What did she do??" she whispered. She held up her hands and looked at the shards of broken porcelin in her hand. "This was a vase...all the way from Milan, Italy." she whispered again. "My grandmother gave it to me as a 10th birthday present, she's dead." She lowered her hands and let the peices drop on the floor.

"Uhh....sorry?" Yugi squeaked. The others had wandered in, looking around at the ravaged room. The walls were now covered in dark red material, making everything dark and gothic. The windows were trimmed in a shimmering purple, boardering on plum. The hardwood floor was covered with scattered rugs, mostly black. The sliding doors that kept Tea's closet closed were replaced by a heavy layer of bead curtains, altering red and purple. Her white covers were now black too, and done all in satin. Furniture was rearranged, leaving a large space in the middle of the room, where the largest of the rugs were. In the corner of the room, partially hidden, was a trash bag of clothing, Tea's old things.

"Nice...change." someone spoke. up Tea suddenly broke.

"DAMN THIS!! DAMN THIS WHOLE THING! SHE HAS NO RIGHT COMING IN HERE AND CHANGING EVERYTHING!! AND I'M NOT A PRISSY VIRGIN CHEERLEADER!!"

...............
...............
...........

"I MEAN I'M NOT A PRISSY CHEERLEADER!"