Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Star of Millenia ❯ Adjusting ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Star of Millenia

Chapter Four


The gang left the within the hour, thinking it best to leave Tea alone to calm down and adjust to her new situation. Everyone left, except Yugi that is. He knew full well what Tea was going through, and yet, he did not. He knew what it was like to suddenly have to share a body with some stranger. Not that Yami was a stranger anymore, but that was beside the point. But in some way, he had no clue what she was enduring. Yami had never been forceful or pushy, in fact he had hid inside the puzzle for a long time, never revealing himself until much later. Yami Tea had just popped up in an instant, robbing Tea of her body and will within seconds. But what can they do? The Millenium Star belonged with Tea now, there was no escaping that. But Yami Tea had to be taugh she couldn't step in and just flip everything around to suit her, this was Tea's life more than hers.

At the moment Yugi was sitting on the end of Tea's bed while she sat at the head, and just looked out her bay-windows blankly. She was still in Yami Tea's outfit, she didn't bother changing. She just held the shard of the vase in her hands and did nothing.

"Uh, Tea?" he asked. She just looked over at him slowly, her eyes half-lidded. He instantly left a tang of guilt. "Is there anything I can do??" he asked. She shook her head.

"No...nothing. This is my problem." she sighed.

{Yugi, let me talk to her..} Yami asked inside the puzzle. Yugi just nodded and told Tea that "He was coming out.." and they changed. Tea sat still on the bed and looked down on her hands.

"Tea?" he asked. He crawled over the black satin sheets closer to her, and put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Listen, it's not that bad Tea. She's just abit disoriented righ now, and she's adjusting to this, like you are."

"She seems to have a much better time adapting than I am." she retorted.

"Your just taking your time." he said.

"Yeah right. What am I gonna do? She's not going to be agreeable, and what happens when we go to school? What's to say she won't take over suddenly and just blow the place up?" she questioned.

"We just hope that never happens. Can't you stop her from doing that?"

"Did it look like I could stop her this afternoon?" she snipped back. Yami sighed and sat down Indian style.

"Maybe she just might behave herself." he hoped. Tea snorted in a "yeah right" way, and he just sighed. He reached over and placed a hand on hers, covering the shards from her eyes. He took them from her and put them on the nightstand. He slowly clasped one of his hands around both of hers, and did his best to comfort her in actions, since his words did little to help. Tea turned her head a bit, and muttered something to herself.


{H-H-He's holding my hand!! Gods, he's holding my hand! Am I blushing?? Oh I hope he can't see me!} she rattled in her head.

Yami Tea peeked her head outside her Soul Room and took in the sight of Tea inside her Soul Room, trembling and blushing.

"What's got ya so riled up?" she asked. Tea just shook her head and kept thinking to herself.

Now here's where one of the wonders of the human nature occur. Yami Tea had no hate for her abiou, she just didn't like her. To further acess the relationship, Yami Tea has already adopted a new nick-name for her, Brat. Of course Tea had adopted a wide assortment of euphanisms for her new partner, few very nice. But this is getting of the course of my point. The point is, both of the females, althought sharing a body, only seemed to endure each other's presence. When Yami Tea poked her head out and say what Yami and Tea were doing, better yet, Tea's reaction to what Yami was doing, one idea popped into her head.

Play matchmaker.

Of course, Yami Tea is far from the normal female, she has the added virtue of having no sense of personal boundries and privacy, a quality she has shown several times already. It took only seconds for the perfect scheme to pop into her head. Smiling, she poked her head back into her Soul Room, and kept the door open to listen and watch, a plan like this could not be executed with the prefection that she demanded of herself without gathering some needed intelligence. She sat down by her door and listened carefully.

Call it one girl looking out for another, maybe it was a way of making Tea's life more miserable, or just Yami Tea's way of getting kicks. Either way, some grand, divine emotion moved Yami Tea to come to her abiou's aid in her time of emotional distress. Most seem to support the later of the possibilites.

Of course the author would be pleased to note that this is mostly an exclusively female tendency, if not so, the human race would probably cease to exsist.


Yami looked at Tea as she looked at her wall on the other side of the room. He could have sworn that she was avoiding looking at him. He gave her hand a small squeeze to get her attention.

Tea gulped down a lump in her throat and felt her cheeks glow redder at the simple action. She took a deep calming breath, and turned to face him.

"What is it Yami?" she asked, voice trebling.

"Hey, are you going to be okay? Do you want us to spend the night?" he asked. "I think your Mom will let me sleep on the couch."

"Stay over night??" Tea qipped from her Soul Room. "YES!!...uh..I mean...NO!! Bad idea!! That's just too strange, but it sounds fun..." she argued.

"I guess it's alright." her actual voice replied. Yami Tea smirked from her Room. Perfect.

Yami nodded. "I guess I should let Yugi call him grandfather." he replied. Tea nodded and he slipped his hand from hers and went down stairs. He closed the door behind him. When a soft click told her the door was closed, she fell off the couch.

"He's staying the night..." she whispered. "WHOO-HOO!!" she punched her fist into the air.


Yami Tea closed the door behind her, she had seen enough. She kept her spot on the floor and put her head on her hands and thought.

"Well, it's obvious that Brat likes Pharoah-Boy. The only thing is, Pharoah-Boy is as dense as a limestone quarry about it. Well, no-one can have everything, some have brains and no sense, or lots of sense but no brains. I've known a few who had neither." she mused. She stood up and slowly walked over to her bed. She reclined back on the deep red silk comforter and looked up at the battered gold ceiling, illuminated by hanging torches. Unlike Yami and Yugi's Soul Rooms, as well as Tea's, Yami Tea's Soul Room was richly decorated with a large bed, heavy rugs piled everywhere, and walls done much like the tombs of Egypt. Around her were the treasures in her possesion. Mostly weapons and magic runes or artifacts. She rolled on her stomach and pondered more.

"Well, I guess he needs a wake-up call. So I guess you can just call me Yami's New Alarm Clock..." she grinned. She worked out the details of her plan, laughing to herself silently. Oh the look on Yami's face when she sprung this surprize! That alone was more than worth this! Perhapse she could drop hints to the others? Having it on this...ca-mer-ra...thingie would be a delightful bonus and an excellent blackmail tool for future references.

As afore said, most of us think she was doing this for nothing but to have something to occupy her mind.




Yugi's grandfather approved of letting him stay over that night. Tea's family wasn't there so she had nothing to worry about. Tea rumaged her parent's video cabinet for a good movie. Everything was either a documentary or a baseball game. (Tea's father was a sports nut, and her mother seemingly an advocate of National Geographic Explorer) She gave up, until she came across a dubbed English movie. She picked it up and looked over the title.

"Le...La...Liz....Leb....Les! Les..Mizier...Mize...Micky...Mei...Mizerhab...Oh forget it! It's subtitled, so I don't care!" She put it under her arm and came down stairs.

Little did Tea know, the movie was actaully Les Miserables. Anyone who has seen the play, read the book, or watched the movie, knows that not only is it very lenghty, and has the tendency to reduce grown men to tears.

Three/Four hours later......

**sniff sniff**

**sniffle sniffle....**

**sniffle sniffle..hiccup**

"For heaven's sake Yugi!! Here!!" Tea thrust the kleenex box into Yugi's hands as she wiped the tears off her own cheeks. Yugi took a handful of them, and used two to blow his nose. Two more went to the effort to catch the tears falling from behind his lashes.

"Poor Javert...WHY DID HE JUMP OFF THE BRIDGE?!?!!?" he hollered. Tea nodded and wiped her excess tears.

"Poor Marius!! Jean goes and saves him for Cosette, how sweet!!" she choked. Inside the Puzzle, Yami watched the movie with Yugi's eyes, and he too, much to the bruising of his ego, had secretly let loose a few sniffles here and there as well.

{Thank the Gods that Yugi's too occupied with the movie, he'd never let me wear this down}

Within the Star, Yami Tea was not watching the movie, but instead schemeing. Her plans were laid, the traps set, and the only thing for her to do was to wait for another day......