Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Star of the Angels ❯ Nice to meet you. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 2:
“I can't believe you Malik!”
 
“What?” Malik said facing her rather dismayed friends. All of them were now standing outside the club The Viper all wearing skimpy clothing. When Malik's friend found out where they were going they flipped.
 
“A club! You're taking us to a club for your birthday!” Ryou said.
 
“Sure, why not?” Malik said shrugging her shoulders.
 
“Malik your sixteen. You sure you want to go to a club?” Yugi asked pleadingly hoping to change Malik's mind.
 
“Yeah, I mean, none of us can get in. We don't have any ID,” Joey said.
 
“Well, remember when I asked you guys for those pictures?” Malik said moving a little in line.
 
“Yeah….” Yugi said suspiciously.
 
“Well, I did something a little illegal.”
 
“Malik!” Ryou hissed in a whisper. “You got us fake ID's!”
 
“Yeah,” Malik said pulling out cards and handing them out.
 
“… That's it. I'm leaving,” Joey said moving out of the line.
 
“Wait! No, please guys!” Malik begged grabbing Joey's arm and pulling on her to stop. “Please! Come on guys it's my birthday!”
 
“But we don't have to go to a club!” Joey yelled trying to get her arm back. “We could just have a regular sleepover at your place!”
 
“Please guys! Please!” Malik pleaded.
 
The three friends thought it over. “Okay, but only for a few hours,” Ryou said grudgingly.
 
“YEAH!” Malik yelled hugging everyone. “Thanks guys. You won't be sorry.”
 
Yugi sighed having a bad feeling about this, but kept it to herself.
 
Finally they reached the entrance and showed their fake ID's to the bouncer. The bouncer looked them over skeptically before stopping at Yugi. “You sure you're eighteen?”
 
“Yeah of course she's eighteen,” Joey said quickly.
 
“Yeah, she's just short for her age,” Malik said as to verify it.
 
The bouncer gave another skeptical look before saying, “Okay, go on in.” He stepped aside and opened the gate.
 
The four rushed in and when out of ear shot, sighed in relief. “Thanks guys,” Yugi said.
 
“Hey no problem,” Joey said.
 
The group moved their way to a corner of the club where they were able to find a free booth. There Yugi looked out and watched the flashing lights and the people dancing. She became mesmerized by the atmosphere that only a hand sticking in her line if view snapped her back to reality. “Huh?”
 
“I said,” Malik repeated, “would you like a drink?”
 
“Um… sure. But no alcohol.”
 
“Ah… you're no fun,” Malik teased before going to the bar.
 
“She's out of control,” Ryou said.
 
“Yeah, should we put her in rehab?” Joey asked.
 
“No,” Yugi said defending her friend. “All she needs is stability in her life, like maybe a boyfriend…?”
 
“Maybe…,” Ryou said skeptical.
 
But before anything else could be said Malik returned with their drinks bringing along two other guys. “Hey guys I'd like you all to meet Pegasus and Keith. I met them at the bar and invited them over.”
 
Yugi looked at the two men. Pegasus was a tall man with long silver hair with some hanging over one eye. The other was an amber eye that bore into her with poison gentleness. But Keith was different.
 
Keith was a dusty blond haired man with half of his hair under an American flag bandana. His narrowed blue eyes held lust and hatred as he looked at everyone. To top off his look, he wore biker clothing and had very strong muscle; the opposite of Pegasus who looked lean and wore a suite.
 
Yugi was getting bad vibes from the two. Keith sat down next to her and casually put his arm around her. “Hey baby,” he said, “Wanna go dance?”
 
“Um….” Yugi said pushing him away and moving closer to Joey. “No thanks, I'll pass.”
 
“Ah, come now,” Keith said scooting towards her. “Don't be shy. I won't bite.”
 
“Hey! If she doesn't want to dance she doesn't have too!” Joey said shoving Keith away.
 
“Keith, my boy, don't bother the young lady,” Pegasus said extending a hand to Yugi. “My apologies.”
 
Reluctantly Yugi extended her hand and shook it. But during the exchange, when both held each others hands, Yugi felt a charge run through her hand and up her arm. She quickly withdrew and looked at Pegasus who had a sickening smile.
 
Yugi shivered a little before turning her thoughts to the dance floor.
 
“I'm going to the dance floor, anyone care to join me?” Malik asked.
 
“Yeah, I'll come,” Keith said.
 
“Sure,” Ryou replied.
 
“Why not?” Joey said getting up.
 
“No thanks,” Yugi declined.
 
Animatedly Pegasus said, “Oh no! I could never leave a lady alone. I'll stay here with Yugi.”
 
Everyone nodded before going on their way leaving the two alone. Yugi sat uncomfortably before something dawned on her. “Um, how did you know my name?”
 
“Malik told me,” he simply stated.
 
“Oh.”
 
Again she felt uncomfortable.
 
“Dear Yugi, would you like to get some air with me?”
 
“Um, sure,” Yugi said with a wince. She didn't really want to, but decided to give Pegasus the benefit of the doubt.
 
They both got up and made their way to the back door.
 
Outside, while Pegasus walked out into the alley way Yugi stayed close to the door. Pegasus took a deep breath. “Ah… smell that city air. Isn't it wonderful?” he asked looking towards Yugi.
 
“Um, yeah. Smells great'” Yugi responded nervously.
 
“Now come Yugi-girl. You can't smell anything good up against a wall.” Pegasus held out his hand. Smiling wickedly he said “Now come. The air is always fresher in the middle of the alley.”
 
Tentatively Yugi took his hand.
 
“See? There now, doesn't it smell great?”
 
Yugi giggled nervously.
 
Suddenly the club's back door opened. Keith stepped out saying, “Couldn't help but notice you two come out here. Could I join?”
 
“Of course, Keith my boy,” Pegasus said.
 
“Um, actually, I was going back inside,” Yugi said pulling her hand away and moving towards the door.
 
“Ah, come now darling,” Keith said grabbing her arm. “Don't be that way.”
 
Looking at him, Yugi swore when he had smiled his canines were sharper than they were, but she shook it off as the trick of the alley lights.
 
“Yes. Just for a little while longer,” Pegasus said coming up behind Keith.
 
“Ah-uh-um-“
 
“Now, come, let's go for a walk, shall we Yugi-girl,” Pegasus said dragging Yugi farther away from the club; Keith followed closely behind.
 
**********************************************
 
Meanwhile, on the roof top a few blocks away, three men stood vigilante. "Anything?" a platinum-blonde haired man asked as he sprang to the others.
 
"Nope, nothing." a white haired man said turning to his companion.
 
"It's defiantly a slow night," a brown haired man agreed looking out at the city. His cold blue eyes looked over to their leader.
 
"Something will happen soon," was all their leader said, his gravity-defying tresses blowing in the wind.
 
As if on cue a scream was heard to the right of them. Three of the four turned to the source of the scream. “I hate it when you do that,” the white-haired man said with a shiver.
 
With a smirk their leader said, “Don't worry Bakura, there's always more.”
 
More screams.
 
“… You really need to stop that Yami,” Marik said.
 
“I'll head towards the first scream,” Yami said moving towards the direction completely ignoring what Marik had said. “You three take care of the rest.”
 
“You sure you can handle it?” Seto asked. Yami turned his head, blood red eyes filled with excitement, and smirked.
 
“I'll be just fine.”
 
He raised his left wrist, the moon light reflecting off a gold armband with a blood red stone. Placing his right hand over the jewel he began to mutter words, a bright blinding light engulfed him. When the light died, there was a purple armor clad Yami.
 
From head to toe the armor surrounded him, black showing in the open spaces in-between the bits of armor. His breast plate and shoulders spiked out and on the back four metal plates protruded from his back in an `x' shape. A head piece covered most of his head- only the top spike mostly showing. A mouth piece covered his lower face. Finally the staff in his hand completed the armor.
 
He turned back to his companions who were also in armor. Seto's armor looked similar to the Blue Eyes White Dragon. Marik's armor was similar to the Sorcerer of Black Magic. And Bakura looked like the Magician of Black Chaos.
 
The trio nodded their heads in a silent ready.
 
Yami turned around and bound off toward where the first scream came.
 
He flew over buildings his eyes moving back and forth anxiously. Another scream. `There!' he thought as he dived down.
 
He landed gracefully on the edge of a building of a dead end ally and couldn't believe what he saw.
 
 
IHATETHESELINESIHATETHESELINESIHATETHESELINES
 
 
Down in the ally Yugi stared blindly n fear at Keith and Pegasus. But they were no longer the way they looked when she first met them; both were creatures she thought had only lived in fairy tales.
 
No longer were there two men, but eight-foot tall leathery wing creatures. The bodies were thin, their hands were long claws, and their mouths were full of razor sharp teeth.
 
“Now, now. No need to be afraid,” one of them said lolling its tongue to the side, while reaching out to her.
 
Yugi backed away more until she finally made contact with the wall. She slid down never breaking eye contact with the two creatures. Her bottom lip began to tremble as she tried to speak. “Wha- What do-do you want?”
 
“You have something we want,” said the other. “We can do this the hard way or the easy way.” The creature reached out again, one of its claws grazing her leg.
 
Yugi quickly snatched her leg away and scooted- if possible- farther away.
 
“Don't be shy. Now come on Sweetie.”
 
Suddenly, out of no where, something collided with the two creatures. The monsters flung back and crashed into some garbage cans. Yugi looked at the man in front of her in shock and awe.
 
The iron clad man slightly turned to her and asked, “Are you okay?”
 
Not trusting her voice Yugi nodded frozen in place by those blood red eyes. The man nodded before turning back to the two creatures.
 
*Yami's POV*
 
“A Guardian? Damn,” one of the creatures said getting up. “Pegasus we're screwed.”
 
“Not yet Keith my boy. There's only one.”
 
“But I'm certainly enough to take on the two of you,” Yami said preparing for an attack.
 
“We'll see,” Pegasus sneered before Keith lunged at Yami.
 
Yami dropped slightly, spun, and gave a hard and powerful kick to Keith's stomach.
 
Keith backed off, holding his stomach. Yami then studied both Shazas. Both looked very powerful and really hungry. He knew he had to end this, fast. For both him and the girl.
 
Quickly he rushed the two Shazas. Caught off guard, the Shazas moved aside. After passing them, Yami pivoted off one foot, turned, and hit one of them in the jaw. The Shaza went flying back to the end of the ally- a few feet away from the girl.
 
Yami pointed his staff at the creature and yelled, "DARK MAGIC ATTACK!" A dark orb shot towards the monster. As the orb made contact with the creature, a blood-curdling roar resounded on the walls. When the dust cleared nothing was left but a giant hole in the wall.
 
Yami looked to where the girl was. She looked okay, shaken but okay. Yami then turned back his attention to the other Shaza who was staring dumbfounded at the wall.
 
The Shaza then looked at Yami before making an escape. “Oh no you don't,” Yami said pointing his staff at the creature. “DARK MAGIC ATTACK!”
 
The orb shot at the creature and in mid-air the Shaza incinerated.
 
Yami then turned to the girl. She was steadily standing up looking at the wall. Yami slowly started walking towards her.
 
*Yugi's POV*
 
Yugi, still up against the wall, looked at the hole in shock and confusion at what just happened. `This can NOT be happening,' he thought as she ran a hand through her hair.
 
“You're lucky,” a voice said. Yugi snapped her head to the man who saved her. “If I didn't show up when I did the Shazas would have gotten you.”
 
“The- the `Shazas'?”
 
“A creature who steals the innocence of young maidens before mutilating their bodies.”
 
All Yugi could do was nod dumbly.
 
Taking a breath, Yugi tried to push herself off the wall. She stood for a moment visibly shaking. She then tried to take a step and her legs gave way.
 
Luckily the armored man was fast enough to catch her. “Walking wouldn't be the best thing right now. Let's sit.” Both of then kneeled down gently.
 
On the ground Yugi closed her eyes and laid her head on the man's chest. She took a few deep breaths before up at the man. “Who are you?”
 
“A Guardian. A person who protects the people from evil.” Yugi blinked.
 
“I-I'm confused.”
 
“It's nothing you need to worry about….Where'd you come from?”
 
Yugi looked away from his comforting eyes and thought for a moment. “I…I came from a club… The Viper…. I was there with some of my friends- Oh my God! My friends!” Yugi tried to stand up. “They're probably wondering where I am! Oh my God! I have to get back to them!”
 
“Listen to me,” the man said restraining her from getting up, “Will you listen to me, LISTEN TO ME!” Yugi did as she was told and looked at him. “It's okay, alright? I promise to get you back to your friends but you must be relaxed.” The man put down his staff and, bringing her close, began stroking her head.
 
I need you to relax…. Breathe…. Just relax….” Yugi looked into his eyes. She took more deep breaths and soon found herself so relaxed that her eyes began to droop. She shook her head but couldn't fight the sleep coming on. “Just relax…,” the man said again.
 
The last thing Yugi saw was the warm blood-red eyes before finally succumbing to sleep.
 
*Back to Yami's POV*
 
Yami watched the sleeping girl in his arms. He was absolutely astounded when he finally got a good look at her. She looked almost exactly like him!
 
But there were differences. There was the way their hair was styled and the obvious fact that she was female, but her eyes; her eyes were so full of innocence. So big and wide, and such a beautiful shade of violet. He had never felt such a deep attraction to anyone, ever before in his life.
 
Although now- with her up against his chest- he felt something was beating from her. Not her heart but something deeper. Her soul essence? But then why would it show so much. No, it was something else. Her soul essence and… something.
 
Yami shook his head. He could figure it out later.
 
Yami placed his right hand on her forehead. Closing his eyes he began concentrating his energy. He carefully opened her minds door and replayed the last couple of hours.
 
Satisfied at finding a place to let the girl rest, he left.
 
Yami began to pick her up and, on accident, placed his hand over her heart, causing a sudden burst of light spread out from where his hand was. He was so surprised that he almost dropped the girl.
 
`What the hell was that!?'
 
His body was tingly all over. That light had sent some kind of a signal out, and Yami didn't like it. In the distance, he heard roars of different night creature. He needed to get both of them out of here- fast.
 
He picked up his staff and, bridle style, picked up the girl. Surprisingly the girl was rather light, `Does she eat?' he thought humorously to himself.
 
He then rushed toward the alleys exit and jumped in the air, disappearing.
 
 
RAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWR-LINES
 
 
After flying around, Yami finally found the apartment. He carefully landed on the roof and made his armor disappear, leaving him in a silk button up shirt and tight leather pants.
 
He looked down at the young girl in his arms. Now, without this armor on, holding her was giving him an exhilarating sense. `What's wrong with me? I have never felt this way.'
 
He moved towards the building's door. Gently, he opened it and carried the girl down stairs.
 
On the third floor he found the apartment. Using his special abilities he opened the lock.
 
Once inside he quietly closed the door. He looked around at the two room suite. It wasn't big, but it was cozy. There was a small kitchen, dining room, and living room.
And down the hall, Yami assumed, were the bedroom and a bathroom.
 
In the living room Yami gently placed the girl on the futon. She stirred slightly and groaned but other wise stayed asleep. He found a blanket and placed it over her.
 
Yami studied the girl. He barely fought off the urge to kiss her cheek, but he remembered on of the first rules of a Guardian; `Never get to close'. And he always obeyed the rules. So instead he lightly ran his left hand along her cheek.
 
He watched, fascinated, as she moved toward his hand and sigh in disappointment as he took it away. He smiled a tight sad smile; no way could he stay away from her now.
 
It was then and there that he decided he would secretly watch her. His companions wouldn't know, the company wouldn't know, no one. But in order to do this he had to know her name.
 
Just like before he opened the door to her mind. He gently pried until he found what he was looking for. He then let go and went to the door.
 
Yami took one last look at the girl and whispered, “Don't worry. From now on I'll protect you… Yugi.”
 
Yami then silently stalked off, back to the night.