Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Star of the Angels ❯ The Day After ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
 
It was the warming sensation that made Yugi open her eyes. Bu instead of seeing a room she was surrounded by light. Everywhere she looked all she could see was light. It was vast and endless stretching everywhere.
 
This scared her. Not because of the fact that she was in this light, but the fact that she was alone. No one was here; that scared the crap out of her.
 
“Yugi….”
 
Yugi turned around and in the distance was a figure.
 
“Hello?” she called out. The figure didn't say anything; just kept on walking towards her. Yugi felt no fear though she didn't turn and run like she usually did. She felt like she knew the figure.
 
As the figure drew closer the outline of a man began to appear. As he grew closer Yugi saw he was wearing a weird armor. But it was the blood-red eyes that gave him away.
 
Yugi watched fascinated as he drew even closer. He soon stood right in front of her only a few inches away. Yugi felt her cheeks become hot as she looked at him.
 
The man slowly brought his left hand up to her face and lightly caressed her cheek. Yugi shivered with delight at the small touch. The man must have taken it the wrong way though cause he said, “don't worry. I won't harm you.”
 
All Yugi could say was, “I know.”
 
The man took his hand away- much to Yugi's dismay- but only for a moment to put down his staff and cupped her face. They stood there and watched each other for a few silent moments.
 
Yugi looked deeply into the man's eyes, so deeply that she began to cry from the emotions she was getting from him.
 
Out of nowhere she closed the gap between them both into death grip hug.
The man put the same force in hugging her. “It's all right. Nothing will hurt you. Not while I'm here,” the man said. Yugi couldn't have felt safer.
 
“You promise?” she asked through her tears.
 
“I promise Yugi.”
 
Yugi looked up at the man. No longer was he wearing armor but his face was still shadowed, his eyes glowing brightly. Shyly she moved upward to his face. The man made the same motion as she did, bringing their faces even closer.
 
Halfway, Yugi closed her eyes. She felt the slight pressure on her lips, before the warming sensation she felt grew stronger completely engulfing her.
 
LONGTIMENOSEEPEEPS!
 
Yugi slowly opened her eyes. She blinked her blurry vision away finally looking around. `Malik's apartment? Oh my God! My friends!'
 
Yugi tossed the covers off and quickly stood not noticing the hand on the floor. “Ow, Yug'. Where's the fire?” a rough voice said.
 
Yugi looked down to find Joey, Ryou, and Malik all waking up groggily. Yugi sat on the couch staring at her friends.
 
The three girls on the floor stretched and yawned before looking at Yugi. “Morning Yugi,” Ryou said sleepily.
 
“Mmmm….” Joey said laying back down. Malik cracked a goofy smile.
 
“Too much to drink Joey?”
 
“…Shut up Malik.” Malik burst out laughing enjoying Joey's hangover.
Ryou shook her head before turning to Yugi. “By the way, where did you go Yugi?”
 
Malik and Joey turned to Yugi.
 
“Yeah Yug' you sort of just… disappeared… Along with Keith and Pegasus…. Did those asses do anything to ya?” Joey asked with quelled anger. Yugi swallowed. The images of last night flashed through her head, especially of the armored man. Yugi felt her face flared up and immediately rushed over and grabbed her stuff.
 
“I- I have to go,” she said nervously scared.
 
“Yugi?” Malik asked getting up and going over the where she was. “Yugi, what's wrong? Did anything happen?” She reached out for Yugi's hands, but Yugi snatched them away.
 
“NO!” Yugi yelled.
 
Her friends looked at her shocked. Ryou tenderly walked up to Yugi and tried to calm her. “Yugi…?”
 
“I have to go,” Yugi said gathering her bags and making her way to the door.
 
Joey stepped in the way though. “Yugi what's wrong? Did something happen?”
 
Yugi pushed her back and opened the door. But before leaving she paused. She looked at her worried friends and said, “I don't know.”
 
Yugi then rushed off to the nearest bus stop.
 
LIVELOVEPEACE
 
Yugi quickly opened the game shop door. She locked the door and rushed upstairs to her room.
 
Yugi was thankful her grandfather was still asleep- cause of the weekend- so not to be questioned.
 
With a silent slam, Yugi was in her room. She placed her back against the door and slid down.
 
She stared at the spot at the wall dumbly. She brought her knees up to her face and quietly sat there.
 
`Did last night really happen? Was it a dream? I really have no way to find out….”
 
Yugi shakily stood up. She moved slowly to her bed shaking slightly. She landed with a thud on the soft sheets. She stared out the window into the early morning; last night's events playing in her head.
 
The dream and last night events played back and forth in her mind; the armored man the main theme.
 
`I… I never got to thank him.'