Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Star of the Angels ❯ Back to School ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
 
Monday morning Yugi steadily walked to school. The weekend's shock was still with her as she walked past familiar buildings and people. In her daze Yugi noticed none of this.
 
She silently walked to school never really noticing when she did arrive. She was a zombie going through the movements. She gathered her books and went to her first class. There she sat and looked out the window in her own little world.
 
Yugi didn't notice that her first and second bell ring. Nor did she notice her classmates or the lesson starting. Yugi was only thoughts when she heard a giant slam in front of her. Yugi bolted up right out of her seat, standing tall and stammered, “Y-yes?”
 
“Miss Moto, do you find that day dreaming in my class more interesting than actually learning something?”
 
Yugi moved nervously, “N-no Sister Francis.”
 
“Then would you mind answering the question?”
 
“Um-um….” Yugi looked at the board. History notes were written all over, all of it on Egyptian culture. “Wha-What was the question Sister?”
 
Sister Francis sighed as she heard the giggles from boys and girls. She moved over to the board saying, “I asked what dynasties Tutankhamen, Seti I, and Ramses III were from and what years, all together, did the reign?”
 
Yugi grew more confident, “Um. Tutankhamen was from the 18th dynasty. Seti I was from the 19th dynasty, and Ramses III was from the 20th.”
 
“Years?”
 
Yugi bit her bottom lip and closed her eyes. “The… the… 1539-1075 B.C.” Yugi looked at Sister Francis.
 
“Congratulations Ms. Moto. You redeemed yourself. You may sit down now.”
 
“Thank you Sister,” Yugi said sitting down.
 
Everything went back to normal after that. Yugi began to pay somewhat attention to the lesson but her mind stilled wondered off to this weekend.
 
Yugi heard a soft thud on her desk and looked down to see a note addressed to her. She looked up at the teacher to meet her back before quickly opened the note.
 
`Are you okay? What happened this weekend?'
-Ryou
 
Yugi looked over to Ryou and saw her concerned face. Yugi then wrote back:
 
`I'm fine. Just... I don't know, it's hard to explain.'
 
She passes the note back. A few minutes later the note came back.
 
`You know, you can always talk to us. Joey, Malik, and I.'
 
`I know….,' Yugi wrote. `It's just hard to explain. I'm not sure I believe it myself. It was like a dream.' Yugi returned the note.
 
`Was it a dream?' was the question from the note.
 
`I don't know.' Yugi was able to reply.
 
Just then the bell rang. Yugi quickly gathered her stuff and ran to her locker so not to talk to Ryou. She then gathered her next class books and practically ran to her class.
 
LINELINELINELINELINE
 
Yugi looked out on the students through the library window. She wanted to eat with her friends but this weekend's ordeal was holding her back. The creatures, the attack,… the armored man.
 
Yugi blushed deeply thinking about him wishing for the umpteenth time that she could've seen his face. `And the worst part is, I'll probably never see him again,' she thought.
 
She looked out onto the world again, but this time Yugi noticed something on the top of one of the buildings. She rubbed her eyes and looked back at the spot only this time nothing was there. `Weird.'
 
She then went back to the book on her lap.
 
LINELINELINELINE
 
Yami looked around the corner. `That was a close call,' he thought. `God this is harder than it looks.' Spying wasn't his thing; he usually left that up to Malik and Bakura. But he had to do this, not them.
 
He studied Yugi. He realized that she was going to be `off' for awhile, but he had hoped that she would be able to act normal. `Guess it was too much to ask for.' But he couldn't really blame her.
 
He studied her more closely now. The way she flipped the pages with her delicate hands. The way she crossed her legs on the chair. Even the way she bit her rosy colored lower lip when she was in deep thought. Everything she did, he saw.
 
Yami felt himself become slightly aroused. He quickly hit his head against the side of the building thinking, `No, no, no, no, no, no!'
 
Yami looked back again. For some reason he had to protect her. Just something pulled him to her. But he also wanted to find out about that light. What was she? What powers does she have? These, and many more questions, ran through his head.
 
“Yami, come in,” Seto's voice said through Yami's comp link.
 
Yami lifted up two if his fingers to his right ear.
 
“Yami here. Go ahead.”
 
“Where the hell are you? The boss is having a cow.”
 
“I'm out scouting.”
 
“…You should have been back hours ago.”
 
“I'm bored. I'm scouting the whole city.”
 
There was silence on the other end. `Damn it Seto! Please, believe me. This was the best excuse I could think of!'
 
“Alright. Report back soon,” Seto finally said. “Seto out.”
 
Yami breathed a deep sigh of relief. He then looked back at Yugi just as the bell rang. He shrank back into the shadows a steady eye always watching her.
 
ANOTHERLINE!
 
A week passed and slowly Yugi was getting back to her normal self. She had finally decided that last weekend events were just a dream, but she still didn't talk about it with her friends. Sadly, Yugi was about to get a big shock; one that would change her life.