Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Star of the Angels ❯ Another Attack! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
 
 
Two weekends later Yugi was having a shopping afternoon with her friends. They already hit three stores and were now on the fourth. “What store are we going to now?” Yugi asked.
 
“Well…,” Malik said, “We already went to H & M like Ryou wanted. We went to the… Toys-R-Us for Joe'. And we went to Victoria Secret like I wanted.” Yugi and Ryou blushed remembering the store and what Joey and Malik forced them to buy. “So now it's your turn Yugi.”
 
“Hey, I know!” Yugi said turning to her friends excitedly. “There's an underground store that I would love to get to. It sells the latest Lolita fashion and that would really help with my Halloween costume for the costume party.”
 
“Yugi! That party's in two weeks!” Malik joked.
 
“So…?” Yugi said standing straight and pouting. “I have to finish making everyone else's costumes too.”
 
“Aw, Malik's just kidding,” Joey said grabbing her cheek. Yugi just giggled.
 
“Come on guys! Let's go,” Ryou said lacing her arms with Joey and Yugi. “Yugi you do know where this place is, right?”
 
“Yep!”
 
“Okay then! Let's go!” Malik yelled. “Taxi!”
 
IHATELINES
 
Yugi was a block away from home walking silently through the cold night. Today was a very good. She was able to buy a new pair of pants, a cute new teddy bear for her room, some very interesting stuff thanks to Malik, and of course two Lolita outfits with accessories and coats. Yugi giggled as she remembered how her friends acted in the store, awed.
 
Yugi suddenly heard footsteps behind her as she passed an ally. She abruptly stopped and looked back. There, a guy stood smoking a cigarette.
 
Yugi looked around before walking off again. And again footsteps were behind her. Yugi again stopped and looked again, but this time there were two guys instead of one.
 
Yugi looked at them suspiciously before slowly turning and walking off. She heard more footsteps again. Yugi looked over her shoulder but kept walking. Her eyes widened as she saw three guys and another one about to join them.
 
That was it. Yugi took off running- careful not to drop her bags as she did so.
 
When she arrived home she went through the game shop door. Inside, Yugi leaned up against the door and began breathing deeply to catch her breath.
 
“Ho, ho! Yugi you're-“
 
“Grandpa! Lock the door,” Yugi interrupted her grandfather frantically as she rushed over to him dropping her bags. “I think someone's following me!”
 
Confusion went across her grandpa's face. “What do you-“
 
“Please Grandpa just lock the shop! Please!” Yugi's grandfather looked at her but gave into her pleas none the less.
 
Yugi breathed a sigh of relief as she heard the door lock. She looked at her grandfather and kissed him on the cheek. “Thanks Grandpa.”
 
“You're welcome Yugi. Now take your bags upstairs and come back and help me close up the shop.”
 
Yugi smiled. “Okay Grandpa. Be right back.” Yugi grabbed her bags and quickly went upstairs to her room and dropped them off.
 
Coming back down Yugi frowned noticing her grandfather had disappeared. `Probably in the back,' she thought, but that didn't stop the feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach. Yugi went to the window and was about to close the blinds, when she saw something that made her stop in momentary shock.
 
There the four men she had seen were attacking her grandfather! Yugi rushed out the door to stop what was happening. “Hey! Leave him alone! He didn't-“
 
Yugi stopped short, as the four guys turned to look at her. Their eyes were those of the demons that had attacked her and a deep hue of red. Their teeth were razor sharp and their hands had long claws.
 
All Yugi could think as she stared at them in fear was, `No. Not again….'
 
RAWRLINES
 
Yami had watched as Yugi had run home from those men; fighting off the urge just to swoop her up and take her away to safety. He watched her rush inside and how a few minutes later Yugi's grandfather came out and started yelling at the men who had followed her.
 
He witnessed the men's transformation into deadly creatures, and their attack on the old man. He was about to jump down when Yugi ran out the door. His eyes widened. `No…. Yugi!'
 
Yami gave a yell before jumping off the building.
 
CHANGEOFVIEW
 
Yugi stood frozen in place as the four men grinned evilly and moved toward her. She looked over at her unconscious badly beaten grandfather. `Grandpa… please be alright.' Yugi looked back at the men and shut her eyes tightly. `Please God, help!'
 
Just then a yell was heard through the night sky. Yugi and the creatures looked up and were amazed as something crashed between them. “Dark Magic Attack!”
 
Yugi heard the dieing screams before witnessing the annihilation of the four creatures. Her jaw slackened but she quickly straightened it when she looked at the man in front of her. `I-It's him! The armored man!' she thought elated.
 
The man looked to her and asked, “Are you okay?” His eyes were very deep with concern.
 
“I-I'm fine,” Yugi squeaked. “But- but my grandpa-“
 
Just then a shriek was heard. The man turned toward it and looked around going on the defensive. He then looked back at Yugi before grabbing her forearm. “You must get inside. NOW!” he said with authority.
 
“Bu-But my grand-“
 
“Hurry, get him and go inside.” Yugi was about to protest saying his injuries were to bad for him to be moved. “Don't argue! Go NOW!” he interrupted, his voice filled with edged on anger.
 
This time Yugi didn't protest, but did what she was told. She quickly went over to her grandfather and gently gathered him, throwing one of his arms around her neck as she lifted him up by the waist, and slowly made her way back to the door.
 
LINELINELINE
 
Yami watched the sky for any sign of monsters. At the same time he had a watchful eye on Yugi, who was struggling with the weight of her grandfather to get inside. `There's no time. They have to get inside NOW!'
 
Yami abandoned his watch of the night sky and went over to help. He grabbed the other side of the old man causing Yugi looked over at him. “Come on,” he said. “We need to get inside.” Yugi nodded and together they made their way inside.
 
Once inside they made their way to the back stairs where they gently laid her grandfather down. Yami then went over, locked the door, and pulled down the metal blinds before locking them in place.
 
With a sigh of tight relief, Yami looked back at Yugi. She was bent over her grandfather trying her best to clean his wounds with a small first aid kit that she got from behind the counter. “It's going to be okay Grandpa. You're going to make it…. Oh God, Grandpa you can't leave me. Please…. I can't loose you too.”
 
Kneeling down, Yami checked her grandfather's vitals. “He's going to be alright,” he said taking his hand away. Yugi looked at him.
 
“Are you sure?” she asked.
 
“I'm positive. You can trust me.”
 
Silence fell between them as they both stared at each other. “Um,” Yugi started with a blush. “I….I never got-“
 
Suddenly they heard the store glass break. Both of them fell silent again as the stared at the front of the shop. Then another loud bang caused Yugi to jump. After that one, another one followed almost caused Yugi to scream if Yami hadn't been there. He quickly snapped his hand over her mouth as she opened it.
 
Yugi looked over at him. He brought is finger to his covered mouth to indicate to stay quiet. Yugi nodded but jumped when another bang came. Then more bangs came causing huge dents in the store blinds.
 
Yami looked at Yugi. “Take your grandfather, go upstairs, and hid,” he whispered. “Once you're hidden you must not leave that spot unless I call for you.” Yugi grabbed his arm before he could stand.
 
“But what about you? I mean… what if you get hurt? And what if they are able to get upstairs? What do I do then?”
 
Yami cupped her right cheek, running his thumb up and down to sooth her. “Nothing will hurt you. Not while I'm here.” Yugi felt a shiver run down her spine as she remembered her dream.
 
“You promise?”
 
“I promise. Now go, leave everything down here to me.”
 
Yugi nodded slowly her head. With much effort she supported her grandfather and took him upstairs. There she took him to a small closet where she hunkered down and waited.
 
`Please be okay….'
 
LINELINELINELINE
 
Yami watched as Yugi struggled up the stairs. He really wanted to help, but right now he had a job to do. Another bang made him face the metal blind.
 
More pounds and dents made Yami stand on edge. But suddenly everything became still. Yami heard low growls and scraps coming from the outside making him wonder what they were up to.
 
He got his answer when suddenly a sharp claw busted through the blinds. Another one joined the other and together they pried it open.
 
Yami raised his staff and yelled, “Dark Magic Attack!”
 
A dark orb shot out and a dieing shriek was heard the creature. Yami stood proud and tall as he faced the creatures outside. He heard more gurgled growls. Then something popped out of the bottom of the hole.
 
A small leather wrinkled head smiled wickedly, with rows of razor sharp teeth, at him. Its smile grew wider as its demonic yellow eyes locked on him. The creature then tried to make a move to get in.
 
“Dark Magic Attack!” Yami barely got the think quickly made its way through. He quickly had enough time to study the body before it completely disappeared. `Damn Nirakas,' he cursed.
 
He stood more vigilante than before. Nirakas could do some serious damage. They were fast and deadly and known to thrive off chaos, whether they caused it or not. And the worst thing about them was that they never left anything behind after they finished.
 
Yami heard a clawing sound from the side of the building. He slowly backed near the stairs. With his momentary distraction, he didn't notice one Niraka slip in through the hole. If he hadn't seen its yellow eyes, he would have that thing attached itself to him, tearing into his skin. Luckily for him, he did and was able to smack it away- shattering a glass case- and destroyed it.
 
Upstairs he heard a glass break. “Yugi!” he called turning to the stairs.
 
Yami quickly kneeled down and began muttering ancient words. He felt the barrier he called forth surround the lower half of the apartment. `There, that will hold them off.' He didn't like using this technique often because it used so much energy, but desperate time called for desperate measures.
 
He then quickly dashed upstairs to find a broken window and two Nirakas. Yami immediately disposed of them before both creatures had time to see him. He then looked around to see the place ransacked.
 
“Yugi?” he called out frantically.
 
“I- in here,” a voice said. Yami looked over to see Yugi slowly come out of a near by closet, her grandfather beside her.
 
“Yugi…,” he whispered with relief. Quickly he walked over to her and pulled her into a deep hug.
 
Realizing, a split second later, what he had done he just as quickly let go. Yugi was blushing deeply when she looked at him again. Yami took a deep breathe to regain his composure before saying, “We have to get out of here.”
 
“But where will we go?” Yugi asked confused watching Yami gather her grandfather.
 
“I don't know. But anywhere-“ he suddenly stopped short and hunched over as an intense pain came over him. It felt like he couldn't breathe as he tried to stand with little avail. He vaguely heard Yugi ask if he was okay but most of his attention was finding where the pain was coming from. Once he discovered it, he shuddered with fear.
 
`Their trying to get through the barrier! But how? The only way that they could break it is with a repeal charm.'
 
He was pulled back from his thoughts as he felt someone touch his cheek. He looked up at a worried Yugi. “What's wrong?” she asked.
 
Yami, remembering his mission, only asked, “Is there another way out of the building besides downstairs?” Yugi bit her bottom lip.
 
“No… the only other exit is the back door downstairs.”
 
“Damn it…. Maybe if we get down fast enough we could make it outside,” he said readjusting his grip on her grandfather.
 
“Maybe….”
 
Another shot of pain went through Yami. “Come on…. We don't have much time.”
 
Yugi nodded and quickly rushed to Yami's other side to help him in his weakened state. But before either of them could do anything they both heard the sound of glass falling. They snapped their heads to the window; there they saw three small clawed hands- two on either side of the window and one coming from the bottom. Yami tried to lift up his staff but he couldn't, his energy almost gone.
 
A head popped out from the top of the window. It smiled sickenly at the duo. Scared of what that meant, Yugi whimpered and pushed herself up against Yami for protection. In turn Yami wrapped his arm around her still holding his staff, but never removed his eyes away from the Niraka.
 
The creature muttered something before disappearing. Then other muttering noises started; the clawed hands starting to glow red. `Oh no,' Yami thought.
 
Yami quickly pushed himself, Yugi, and her grandfather to the floor just as blasts of flames filled the room. In no time, the walls were aflame. Yami tired to push himself up as he felt the flames draw near, only problem was his energy was spent and he wasn't receiving anymore energy like he should. `A blocking charm! Damn!' he cursed as he tried to push himself up again.
 
This time he was able to push and roll off Yugi and her grandfather. More pain swelled in his chest making him feel like he couldn't breathe. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply, this time gathering up the last of his energy and put up a shield inside of the living room to stop the fire from spreading.
 
He felt a touch on his shoulder and looked at Yugi. He grabbed her wrist and said, “Listen, get out of here. Just leave me. I can't move and I'm powerless-“
 
“What!? No! I'm not leaving you here!” Yugi yelled frantically cutting him off.
 
“Just GO!” Yami yelled. He pushed himself up as the heat intensified. “Get your grandfather and GO!”
 
Tears streamed down Yugi's face. “No! I'm not leaving you here!” she yelled again.
 
“Yugi! Please!”
 
“No!”
 
“Go!”
 
“No!”
 
Yami looked frantically around at the growing fire. It was getting to where it looked like there wouldn't be an escape soon. “Yugi… Please!”
 
“NO!”
 
Just then a blast of magic was sent out. Yami looked around to find the source but found nothing. He felt a tightening on his shoulder and looked at Yugi. “What?” he asked worriedly as he looked back at her.
 
Yugi was wide-eyed, clutching her chest tightly as unimaginable pain started. Her eyed sight was focusing in and out and it felt like she couldn't breathe. She tried taking a breath and started chocking before she finally passed out.
 
OHCRAPWHATHAPPENED?
 
Yami started panicking as he watched Yugi chock and pass out. It worried him deeply especially with the magi blast that just happened. He tried to move again, as the fire drew closer, to no avail. `Damn it!'
 
Just then he noticed Yugi's body started to glow. The same magic he had felt earlier was emanating from her body. `It couldn't be,' he thought in awe.
 
The light grew brighter until it engulfed himself and Yugi's grandfather. All three of them were lifted up with ease and then floated to her window. The wall suddenly disappeared then reappeared as they passed through. They were then gently laid down in the middle of the road.
 
All the while, Yami watched this amazed. He had never seen this before. Never have this happened to him before. He looked over at Yugi once on the pavement.
 
She was lying on her back, her body still aglow in the white light. But now over her body was a spinning six-pointed star. Slowly it descended down and immersed itself in Yugi's body. The light died down and Yugi groaned.
 
By this time Yami had felt the effects of the blocking charm wear off. He shakily stood up and looked at Yugi one last time before running off.
 
Yugi slowly came to and sat up and looked around just in time for her to see him bound off. “Wait!” she yelled getting up.
 
But it was too late. The man had gone too far to hear her. She vaguely heard fire truck sirens off in the distance, but that didn't matter to her. All that mattered was that the armored man was there to save her again. `And how did he know my name?'
 
DONE!
 
Sorry that these chapters are so crappy >.<. I wrote these like years ago and now looking back they suck but I have yet to find someone who is willing to be my Beta reader…. I hope this makes up for not posting in so long. Any reviews are welcomed and I mean ANY!