Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Sun Streaked Crimson ❯ Sun Streaked Crimson ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Title: Sun Streaked Crimson
Rating: G
Genre: Drama/Romance
Pairings: One sided ?/Yami
Warnings: Nothin'
Summary: A small battle between Pharoah Yami and High Priest Kaiba. Just an idea I'm fooling around with. Seeing if I can write Pharoah Yami. Let me know if you like it though and I might think of continuing it!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Sun Streaked Crimson

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Two amber eyes gazed longingly as he came, known as the Morning and Evening star. The lithe form of the young Pharoah gracefully entered the throne chamber, his usual flapping cape absent. He seemed so casual, adorned in little gold, and even the Sennen Puzzle absent from his neck. He wore a simple red kilt, white linen slacks underneath. He clutched a long quarterstaff in his hand, looking about his throne room.

Those crimson eyes gleamed a challenge to anyone brave enough to receive it. Many of the servants and guards retreated to the safety of the shadows, but only the Pharoah's most loyal remained by his throne. She wasn't afraid, not of the shadow games. But one man stepped forth, his violet cape billowing behind him in an unearthly manor. Only High Priest Kaiba ever dared to challenge Pharoah Yami.

The battle was fierce, frantic even. At many times she was sure that her dear, beloved Pharoah would die. But he still managed to pull through, his dark complexion unscathed. And then, just before the final blow was struck, she saw it. The most beautiful thing she had ever seen, and she knew that the image would forever be imprinted in her mind. The beauty was unimaginable.

There he stood, his staff raised lightly, gazing at a flaming bird. There were no feathers, only flames of sun streaked crimson. It's wings rose above it, it's crimson eyes gazing into the Pharoah's. A single firey claw rested on his master's arm. The two seemed frozen in time, the beautiful bird not even needing to flap it's wings to stay in the air. And in her Pharoah's eyes, she saw the gaze that she had longed to see directed towards herself. His eyes looked like pools of blood, but in them was kindness, and unimaginable love. He obviously loved this creature.

The image seemed to last forever, but just as quickly as she saw it, it was gone. She would forever be haunted by images of the bird of sun streaked crimson, and the only one to tame it's wild flames. She would forever remember the love between the pheonix and it's master.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Wow, that turned out better than I thought it would. I was inspired by a picture, and if you want to see it, just copy and paste the following url.

http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/mykitties/otherimages/Pheonix .jpg