Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Team YGO vs. Team Animasters ❯ The First duel: The dino-duelist vs. the Dragon Prince ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own Kingdom anime, Kalahari High school, The Animasters and their decks. Everything else was borrowed.
 
And a reply to LilyIris: I think you mean Tristan. Anyway, It was random they ended up in the same room. And at least I gave Serenity a little protection. LOLZ!!!!
 
Anyway, on with the fic!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., .,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. ,
 
*Yugi's room, 10:30 A.M.* (I skipped what happened in the night because nothing happened.)
 
Yugi got out of bed and stretched. He looked around and saw that Duke was still snoozing on his bed.
As he changed his clothes, Yami appeared next to him, fully dressed in his leather attire. (Well, hello, hot stuff!!!)
 
=Yugi, what do you think will happen while we're here?= He asked, concerned about what he heard in the limo ride.
 
-I don't know, I just hope everyone will be alright…- Yugi replied in thought, so as not to disturb Duke.
 
=I'm more concerned about the duels. We know there are supposed to be eight Animasters, but so far we've only seen 5, where're the other three?=
 
-Stop worrying, I'm sure all eight Animasters are friendly people.-
 
=I'll try aibou, I'll try…= and with that said, Yami disappeared.
 
 
”'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''
 
*Ryou's room 10:35 A.M.*
 
Ryou was already up, fully dressed and preparing his deck for the fights.
 
<I think it's best to add that card.> Bakura suggested.
 
:>Really, you think it's necessary to add that??<: Ryou asked, holding up Dark Necrofear.
 
<I know so.>
 
:>Okay then.<: He placed the card into his deck.
 
:>Hey `kura, I was wondering, is it even possible to steal something that heavy? <: Ryou asked his yami.
 
There was silence from the link, meaning Bakura was deep in thought.
 
<It's possible, but unbelievably difficult.> He said finally. <You'd need a jackhammer and a heavy-duty crane to steal something of that size. In fact, why would they even steal statues?? I'd understand if they took the eyes of the Black Dragon statue only, but the entire thing?!? That's ludicrous!!>
 
:>Yeah, I was wondering `bout that was well…<:
 
<Perhaps we'll find out more in the weeks to come…>
 
“”“”“”“”“&# 8221;“”“”“”“”“” “”“”“”“”“”̶ 0;”“”“”“”“”“ 221;“”“”“”“”“”& #8220;”
 
*Kaiba's room 10:40 A.M.*
 
Kaiba, on the other hand had been up since 6 in the morning thanks to his `unheard of' body clock, searching his silver laptop for any information on the Animasters.
 
He furrowed his brow in disappointment. “Not a single thing.” He muttered, holding his head in his hands.
 
“One last try…” He said, typing the name `Kalahari' into the computer.
 
He got one hit. He read the blue title with interest.
 
www.Kalaharihigh.com.edu
The most prestigious private school in Japan, and this is its official website.
 
His curiosity getting the better of him, he clicked on the link and it showed him the site. He then clicked on the link labeled `general information.' This is what he found:
 
Kalahari high school is unlike any school you've ever seen. It is so large it's in its own zip code. A 21-acre oval space was used for the campus. A regular `state within a state', it has its own bank, police station and subway system and even its own form of government.
 
The economy of Kalahari high school completely revolves around the game Duel Monsters. A complex currency, called sertes(ser-tez), is used instead of conventional money. 1 sertes is equal to around 60 dollars. Instead of jobs, the students depend on duels to increase their sertesi (plural of sertes, pronounced ser-te-sai). The amount of LP damage inflicted of the opponent x the monsters destroyed during battle determines the sertesi given.
 
Concerning Kalahari's government, they are a republican school, electing their leader every start of the school year. This year, the President of the student's council is Damien Edachi.
 
“Hmph, Damien…” Kaiba muttered.
 
But, the president deals with student affairs. Dueling affairs is rated higher than student presidency, the Grand Dueling Council, very similar to a monarchy government, are assigned to keep the peace, uphold the school laws and basically rule over the country. The student's council holds the Council Appointment tournament every school year to find the so-called `King' and `Queen' of the school.
 
“Jake and Sonja…” Kaiba said. He shut down the computer and closed the laptop.
 
“I won't find anything on them…” He said flatly, placing the laptop in his briefcase. And with a swish of his trench coat, he left the room.
 
&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%& %&%
 
*Grand Council Assembly Hall, 11:00 A.M. *
 
Five of the Animasters were sitting around a circular table with the Kalahari Crest in the center.
 
Jake, who was sitting in the 12 o' clock position, was deep in thought. His hands were behind his head and his feet propped up on the table. (So un-kingly!!) Sonja, who was sitting next to him, asked: “What have we got about the thefts??”
 
“They didn't use anything chemical.” Midori mused, her head in her hand, eyes unfocused. “I'm sure of that.”
 
Sonja then turned to the boy sitting across her. A tall, well muscled boy with red-tipped orange hair kept out of his eyes with a red headband. Two strands of hair covered his right eye while his left eye (Both of his eyes are gold-colored. Y'know, a livid yellow) was staring at something far beyond the window of the council room, his head on his black leather-gloved hands.
 
“Jett, are any of the exiles talking about it??” Sonja asked him.
 
“Nope, no one's opened their mouth since the first theft.” Jett said gruffly, his gold eyes resting on the window. He then fiddled with the thick, black, spiked cuffs on each of his hands. “But I'll give them this: according to them, whoever is doing this is a god in their books.”
 
“Figures, they worship anyone who can do something they can't do in a million years.” Said a silver haired boy with a British accent sitting next to Jett. His hair was short and spiky, with two long strands of hair in front of his ears. His dull grey eyes looking at his deck, which was in front of him.
 
“Any news from the foreign branches, Erik? Have they had any thefts lately?” Midori asked hopefully.
 
“No, sorry. No body's had anything stolen, I reckon the thief is only after something here.” Erik replied.
 
A girl entered the council room. She had auburn brown hair kept out of her eyes by a red hair band and pale green eyes. She was wearing an emerald green sweater with a knee-length, pale blue wool skirt with red sandals.
 
“The guests are already up.” She said.
 
“Thanks Kotako. You can go prepare your deck now.” Jake said absentmindedly. “Oh yeah, can you wake up Evan? I think he's still asleep.”
 
“Sure thing Jake.” Kotako replied. “If you guy's want some dirt, here it is: One of the guests is from Britain. You know him, Erik?”
 
Erik shook his head. “I don't think I do. I didn't even know there was another British kid here.” He said.
 
“Oh, there is. And he's so cute too! He's—”
 
“Okay, Kotako. Just go assemble everyone and lead them to the dining hall, please!” Sonja said, hastily pushing Kotako out of the council room.
 
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
 
*Dining Hall, 12:00 NN*
 
Everyone was seated at a long dinner table stuffing their faces. Yugi, who was already done eating, was glancing up the table at Jett, Erik and Kotako.
 
=They must be the rest of the Animasters.= Yami said.
 
-Yeah, I just wonder who they are…- Yugi replied.
 
Across from Yugi, Kaiba was also looking at one of the Animasters, but he was looking at Jake. `Hmm…I think it would be best if I battled him before Damien.' He thought.
 
He turned to Evan, who was too busy enjoying a Chocolate sundae to notice.
 
`Evan reminds me of Mokuba. Except he is sometimes too headstrong for his own good…'
 
He felt a tugging on his sleeve. He looked down and saw Mokuba pointing to a vanilla sundae. “Did you give me this?” He asked. Kaiba shook his head. He looked back at Evan, who was waving his hand at him happily. “Evan sent it here.” Kaiba muttered. “Really?” Mokuba asked, glancing over to Evan. “Cool!!” He ate a scoop.
 
`Kids, they're all the same…' Kaiba thought to himself.
 
After lunch, the Animasters led the YGO cast to a large room. In it were cushy couches lining opposite sides of the hall. (I'm sorry, I forgot to mention they're using Duel Disks.)
 
“Duelists and audiences, take your seats. Animasters stay on this side.” Jake instructed, gesturing towards the couches along the walls.
 
Everyone except Jake took their seats. The YGO cast at the left side, the Animasters on the right.
 
“Here are the rules: Lp at 8000, tributes required, best 2 out of 3. You have 5 minutes to choose whose going first. That's all.” Jake announced. He headed towards his side of the room.
 
*Team YGO*
 
Yugi: Who should go first?
 
Joey: *Raises hand* Me please!!!
 
Kaiba: And lose right off the bat? I don't think so.
 
Joey: -_-+
 
Mako: Kaiba's kinda right, since you beat us, Joey. You should go a little later.
 
Rex: Yeah, Save the better duelists for last.
 
Ryou: I could go first…
 
Rex: Nah, I'll go. I'm itching for a duel right now!
 
Everyone except Rex: *agrees*
 
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/< /div>
 
*Team Animasters*
 
Sonja: Who goes first?
 
Damien: Ladies first.
 
All Animaster girls: No way, boys first!!
 
Erik: All right then, eldest first, Jett goes.
 
Jett: No way, smartest first, Damien goes.
 
Damien: uh-uh! leader first, Jake goes.
 
Jake: Why me!?!
 
All Animaster boys: *continue to squabble*
 
Evan: -_-U If it's okay with everyone, I'll go!!!!!
 
All teen Animasters: *agree*
 
*Evan and Rex take their places*
 
Rex: You're my opponent?!? Hehe, this is gonna be easy!!
 
Evan: Oh yeah, what makes you think I'm easy??
 
Rex: Coz I've beaten people twice your age!
 
Audience: *snickers*
 
Rex: *to audience* I have to beaten people twice his age!!!!!!
 
Evan: Whatever, I'll show you where he meaning `small and terrible' came from!!!
 
Evan & Rex: DUEL!!!! (8000/8000)
 
Evan: I'll go first. *Draws* I set down a defense monster and end my turn. *card appears on field*
 
Rex: *draws* Heh, a piece of cake. I summon Mad Sword Beast! (1400/1200) Attack facedown card!
 
Evan: Flip summon Cave-dwelling Dragon!! (1300/2000) Recoil damage 600 points!!
 
Rex: (LP: 7400) Hmph, lucky shot. I set a reverse card and end my turn.
 
Evan: *thinking* `Hmm…might be a trap.' *draws* `cool!' *out loud* I activate Dragon's Gunfire!! Inflict 800 points direct damage!!
 
Rex: Denied! *Flip opens trap card* Magic Jammer!! *Discards a card to graveyard*
 
Evan: Got ya! That was just a decoy!! I sacrifice Cave Dwelling Dragon for Luster Dragon! (2400/1400) Attack Mad Sword Beast! (1400/1200)
 
Rex: (LP: 6400) Lucky hit. That's all!
 
Evan: Just keep saying that until you're down to your last points!!!!
 
*Team YGO*
 
Kaiba: Evan's good.
 
Joey: I'll say. He's still got perfect LP.
 
Mako: *to Yugi* You think Rex has a chance?
 
Yugi: I'm not sure…
 
*Back to the Duel*
 
Rex: *draws* I'll get you for this, Rifle!!! I summon Twin-headed king rex! (1600/1200) In addition, I activate Raigeki! Luster Dragon is Destroyed!! Twin-headed king rex, Direct attack!!
 
Evan: (6400) *draws* All right! I activate the field magic card, Mountain! In addition, I summon my favorite card, Harpie's brother!! (1800/0600) Power up with Mountain field! (2000/0800) Attack TWKR!! (Getting tired of typing)
 
Rex: (6000) *draws* One defense monster and end my turn.
 
Evan: *Draws* I summon Blackland Fire Dragon! (1500/0800) Power up!! (1700/1000) BLFD, Attack!
 
Rex: Not! Flip summon Island turtle! (1100/2000) Recoil damage 300 points!
 
Evan: (6100) Nice! Good one!
 
*Team Animasters*
 
Jake: Well, Evan's definitely enjoying himself…
 
Sonja: I've never seen him this happy since we took him to Disneyland!
 
Midori: And thank goodness we took the helicopter on that trip. If we didn't, who knows what could've happened…
 
Damien: Another reason why a copter is better than a plane.
 
Sonja: Can it, Damien!
 
Jett: Who do you think is stronger, Erik, the white-haired one or the guy in blue?
 
Erik: Well, I think the white one is who Kotako was talking about. Y'know, the one from England? And the blue-clad chap looks like a man of the sea.
 
Jett: Let me guess, you're going after Blue guy. Right, `Lord of the Waves' Erik Ikari?
 
Erik: Correct. And you'll be after Brit boy. Right, “Commander of Pyro' Jett Kenichi?
 
Jett: Right.
 
!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@#!@ #!@#
 
Wow, that's a thriller! What do you guys think, if you like review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!