Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Team YGO vs. Team Animasters ❯ love on the warfield, bugs vs. the earth ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Top of the morning, chaps!! I saw that there were a lot of reviews for me, so I said to myself, “I reckon I should update.” So here it is. And by the way, I'm positive that YGO doesn't belong to me but to a chap by the name of Kazuki Takahashi!
 
First Joey, then Kaiba and now Ryou…who's next, Bakura?!?! *knock on wood*
 
I'm ssssooooooo happy!!!!!!!! N2000 says I'm one of his fave authoresses!!!!! Watashi ureshi!!!! (I'm happy!!)
 
To answer your question, Lily: Isn't it some grandfathers refer to their grandchildren as (If they're boys) `sonny boy'? Well, that's just a shortened term. And plus, he thinks it annoys Seto so he uses it as Seto's nickname.
 
Anyway, there haven't been any duels so I'm updating!!!!
_________________________________________________________________ ________________
 
It was now 11:00 am in the Animasters' HQ, and Team YGO as half-up and resting in the central lounge. Sonja, Evan and Jett were there as well. (The investigation during the night didn't get any new clues)
 
List of awake people (From Team YGO):
 
Yugi
Kaiba & Mokuba
Mai
Tea
The three losers (Rex, Mako and Weevil)
 
Everyone else: *either asleep or trying to get back to sleep*
 
Yugi was going over his deck, analyzing each card carefully so as to make sure everything was relevant in his deck.
 
=Aibou, what do you think of Jake and DP?= Yami asked.
 
-Yami, you've asked me all day. I'm telling you, they're trustworthy.-
 
=No not about that. I'm asking you whether I can visit DP.= Yami replied hastily. =He's lucky to have been sealed with his body intact.= He muttered loudly.
 
-I'm sorry Yami. I was being tactless.-
 
=It's alright, aibou. I knew you were frustrated when the investigation last night didn't turn up anything.=
 
-You said you wanted to visit him. Why is that?- Yugi asked his yami intently.
 
=Look at Kaiba. He's been acting weird ever since last night.=
 
Yugi glanced over to the brunette, who was staring out the window, his head in his hand.
 
-Yeah, I wonder what's wrong with him…-
 
Kaiba was lost on the train of his own thoughts, musing over his dream. It was so real…what happened? Why did that voice seem so real and so familiar?!?! It's as if I've known that voice all my life…what's happening to me? Why do I feel so…empty??
 
Then a gruesome fact surfaced in his mind. I guess I feel empty because DP just said everything I've kept secret last night. Curse him for that!!! But what about my other feeling? The feeling I get when I'm alone, when I know I'm alone? Why do I feel like someone's watching over me...stalking me?? Seto continued in his train of thought until Mokuba derailed it.
 
Nii-sama, Is it true that DP is Yami's grandfather?” He asked, flashing his `puppy eyes'.
 
“Yes, it is.” Kaiba replied, rubbing his head.
 
“And is it true that Seth was Yami's cousin?”
 
“I guess…”
 
“And you're supposed to be the future version of Seth, right?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“So that means we're related to Yami!!”
 
“I think that's pushing too far…”
 
“You think so?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“What's wrong??”
 
“Nothing, nothing. I just don't feel well today.”
 
Mokuba placed his hand on Seto's forehead. “Well, duh! You've got a fever!!” He cried out. He then tugged his brother's sleeve. “You're going back to bed.”
 
Seto was about to reply to that but Mokuba grabbed his wrist and dragged him back to their room. When they got there, Mokuba practically shoved Seto into bed and pulled the covers up.
 
“You're staying here. I'll tell you what the results are.” Mokuba demanded. He was about to leave the room when the door opened and Sonja came in.
 
“I overheard what happened. I can take care of him for you.” She said.
 
Mokuba smiled. “Thanks Sonja. I'm really itching to see the duel. Who's your representative?” He asked intently.
 
“You'll just have to see for yourself…” She said slyly, causing Mokuba to flash his `puppy eyes' again.
 
“Ppppwwwwweeeaaaassssseee??” He asked childishly, holding his hands together, as if in prayer.
 
“A little tip: That doesn't work on girls.” She replied.
 
“Aww nuts!”
 
And with that, Mokuba left the room, leaving the two teens together. (Don't even think about it…)
 
“So you're really sick?” Sonja asked, turning to Seto.
 
“I guess…Mokuba said he felt a fever.” Seto replied, glancing at her before turning his gaze to the ceiling.
 
“I guess I should take your temperature.” Sonja thought aloud. She reached under the bed and took out a first-aid kit.
 
“This mansion is always prepared.” She said proudly.
 
“I can see that.” Seto said curtly, smiling slightly as Sonja took out a thermometer.
 
“Open.” Sonja said.
 
Seto obeyed as Sonja placed the thermometer in his mouth gently.
 
“Do you want to see something?” She asked.
 
Seto nodded in reply. Sonja stood up and placed her hand on the space in the wall near the nightstand. Suddenly, a panel slid out and showed a strange socket was revealed. The placed her watch close to it, and a panel on her watch opened. She then took out a cord from her watch and plugged it into the socket.
 
Seto stared at the plug and socket. Sonja giggled. “All Animasters have this. It's a micro-supercomputer in the shape of a watch. Watch. Hehe, get the pun?” She said mockingly, a grin on her face.
 
Then a panel opened on the ceiling and a screen descended. Then Sonja pressed a button on her watch and the screen flickered on. It showed a computer desktop.
 
The look on Seto's face when he faced Sonja was read clearly. “Huh? What happens next??”
 
“Just watch.” Sonja said. She removed her watch and approached the screen. She placed her finger on the screen and a mouse cursor appeared where her finger met the screen. “Touch screen.” She said simply.
 
She then tapped an icon labeled “surveillance”. Then a window opened, showing the Dueling room.
 
Seto was amazed. Even Kaiba corp. doesn't have this equipment. How come they have them, and even more, they have 8 fully functional models!!!!!!! How do they do it?!?!
 
As if reading his mind, Sonja answered his question. “Midori made them all. She's the smartest of all the students in Kalahari. Her father works in NASA experimenting rocket fuel.” Sonja explained.
 
Then, the screen showed both teams entering the room, and then take their places in the arena. Then, Jett walked to the center. “The next match is underway, 5 minutes to choose. That's all.” He announced and walked back to his place.
 
*Skip to the dueling room*
 
*Team Animasters*
 
Jett: Since Jake's not here, I'm second in command.
 
Erik: So that means you'll go first??
 
Jett: H*** no, I'm saying I'm gonna pick one of you guys to go first.
 
Midori: No fair!!!
 
Jett: I'm in command, so what I say, goes!!!!
 
Then, Midori and Kotako see that Weevil has taken his place in the ring.
 
Midori: Do you have any dirt on him, Kotako??
 
Kotako: Yeah, he's an entomology dweeb.
 
Evan: What's entomology???
 
Erik: It is the study of insects, Evan.
 
Jett: If he's using bugs, that means we're sending in the geologist. *glances at Damien* *everyone else does the same*
 
Damien: *Sees everyone staring at him* -_-0 Alright, alright! I'm going!!!! *Takes his place*
 
*Team YGO*
 
Joey: Wer's moneybags??
 
Mokuba: He has a fever, so he's in his room.
 
Tristan: Ahh, how the mighty have fallen…
 
J&T: *snickers*
 
Yugi: Look, they're sending in Damien! *Points at the arena*
 
Joey: Cool! Let's see the Kaiba look-alike in action!!
 
*In the Duel*
 
Damien: Since you guys lost last time…
 
Weevil: *mutters* Don't remind me…
 
Damien: …you can go first.
 
Weevil: *Evil grin* Thank you. *Draws* I set a reverse monster and two reverse cards and end my turn.
 
Damien: *Draws* I set one defense monster and one reverse card. And I activate Dian Keto the Cure Master! Increase my LP by 1000!
 
Weevil: Counter Dian Keto with Magic Jammer! *Discards as Dian Keto is negated and destroyed*
 
Damien: I activate the field Magic card, Gaia Power! *Gigantic tree appears in field* Then I set another reverse card and end my turn.
 
Weevil: What are you up to, Edachi? *Is about to draw*
 
Damien: I activate a continuous trap card, Goblin Fan! (real card, not made up.) Now all level 2 and lower monsters flipped summoned will be automatically destroyed!
 
Weevil: Curses!! I'm done for! *draws* *mutters* or am I? I summon Jirai Gumo! (2200/100, before it can attack, the owner flips a coin and calls `heads' or `tails'. If called right, it attacks. If not, half of the holders LP is sacrificed before it can attack) Jirai Gumo, attack facedown card! *Flips and calls heads* *Lands on heads* Yes!
 
Damien: I activate the trap card, Negate Attack!
 
Weevil: Counter with Seven tools of the Bandit! *LP drops by 1000 as Negate Attack is destroyed*
 
*Jirai attacks the facedown Nimble Momonga (1000/100)*
 
Damien: Nimble Momonga's effect Activated! Increase my LP by 1000 and special summon two more Nimble Momongas from my deck in facedown position!
 
(LP: Weevil- 7000; Damien- 9000)
 
*Back with the two CEO's*
 
Sonja was intently watching the duel until Seto tapped her on the back indicating to take out the thermometer.
 
Sonja removed the thermometer and Seto asked. “How is it, Doctor?”
 
“One, I'm not a doctor and Two, it's 38.5 degrees. It's only slight.” Sonja replied. She placed the thermometer back into the kit and placed the kit under the bed while humming a soft, beautiful tune.
 
“What tune is that?” Seto asked suddenly, taking Sonja by surprise.
 
“Oh, It's Genki no Shower. My video of it is still being made, but I like the song.” Sonja replied.
 
“Do you know the lyrics?”
 
“Only the chorus.”
 
“Could you sing for me?”
 
Sonja blushed at this. “I guess…” She closed her eyes and began to sing.
 
Genki no shower,
kimi ni sosoide ageru
sabishige na sono senaka wo
sasaete ageru
(The shower of happiness,
I'll support you with it
I'll support your lonely back)
 
genki no shower,
kimi wa hitori janai wa
yuujou no ooki na wa ni mamorare teru…
(The shower of happiness
You're not alone
You're being surrounded by a ring of friendship)
 
 
Sonja stopped singing. “That's all I know.” She said sadly.
 
“It's good anyway.” Seto replied.
 
“Hey, I've been keeping this to myself, but you've really changed.”
 
“Oh?”
 
“Yeah, you used to be so arrogant and headstrong, but now…”
 
“What?”
 
“You remind me of Damien.”
 
“I was wondering…where are your parents?”
 
“They both died when I was 5 in a plane crash.”
 
“I'm so sorry.”
 
“Don't worry, I'm used to it. In fact, the only ones who have a living parent are Midori and Erik.”
 
“What?!”
 
“The eight of us are childhood friends. Jake lost his in a murder, Jett during a fire and Kotako during a shootout.”
 
“Holy Ra…”
 
“I know. But we Animasters have a motto. `A broken heart can never heal completely. But it heals faster when in the presence of another broken heart.' Meaning, `If you don't have enough to call a family, being with friends who have gone through the same thing helps to forget.' And we couldn't be better.”
 
“I see…”
 
“I'm glad you're different. Because I think Midori has a liking for you.”
 
“What?”
 
“She was the one who asked me to check up on you.”
 
Seto was speechless.
 
*In the computer room*
 
Jake was lounging in the computer chair, his feet propped on the keyboard and sipping a can of soda.
 
“Oh just kiss him already!!” Jake said, raising his soda to a screen showing Sonja and Seto.
 
###############################################
 
That's all again. What do you think?? MidorixSeto or SonjaxSeto?? I'll be keeping in touch with the reviews. C'ya!!!!!!!