Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ That's Where You Find Love ❯ Chapter 6: The Former Theif and the Sweet Scholar ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: The Former Thief and the Sweet Scholar
Dee Bunny: This one is mostly for all the Yami Bakura/ Ryou Bakura lovers out there.
“He was so great. I just know you would have liked him,” Yugi said as he was walking downtown with Ryou to get stuff ready for the slumber party that was going on at Yugi's house that night.
 
“Yeah, but Bakura wouldn't like the fact that I would like him, even if it is just as a friend. He wouldn't even care about the fact that I don't go after friends' girlfriends or boyfriends,” he said as they walked into the grocery store, “he's just all around possessive and wants me all to himself.”
 
“I still think that it's quite a coincidence that you have a boyfriend who works at Yami mansion let alone the fact that you ever had a boyfriend in the first place,” Yugi said as he grabbed a couple of bags of marshmallows.
 
“Do we really need that many marshmallows?” Ryou said as he grabbed a shopping cart.
 
“Of course. If we're going to have smores we need marshmallows plus you know how much food Joey is able to pack away,” he answered as he placed them in the cart.
 
“Yeah,” Ryou said with a sigh, “He acts like every meal is an all you can eat buffet. But to answer your earlier statement, I never told you about him because I thought you guys would make me break up with him.”
 
“Why would we do that?” Yugi questioned a little surprised as he got some chocolate bars off the selves and continued to walk on with Ryou to the dairy isle.
 
“Well, I thought that because Bakura's a former thief and I just don't mean a petty thief. He used to steal everything from the jewelry of extremely wealthy people to rare pieces from almost every museum in the world. In fact, he was wanted in twelve countries, especially Egypt and Japan, before the police caught up with him and put him on probation,” Ryou explained as he took two gallons of milk out of the fridge, “He's off of probation now because of good behavior.”
 
“So, did the both of you meet after one of his moonlit escapades when you traveled with your mom for a while?” Yugi asked with a teasing smile on his face as they continued to walk on with each other, “Did you guys meet in Paris after he robbed the Louve (Dee Bunny: I think that's how it's spelled) or in New York after he took some priceless paintings from the Metropolitan?”
 
“Yugi, you're so mean,” he said pouting and putting graham crackers in his basket.
 
“Funny because everybody calls me nice, an angel.”
 
“You are like an angel but you have a tendency to be borderline mischievous at times,” Ryou said as they continued to gather the things they would need.
 
“But seriously, when and how did you two meet?” Yugi asked as they headed towards the freezer section.
 
“Well, we met at the library if you can believe it,” Ryou said as he opened one of the freezers and took out two tubs of ice cream and a large container of sherbet, “I was there to return some books I had borrowed and to study for an Algebra test I had. I was sitting at a table in a corner of the library when I heard someone pull out a chair across from me…”
 
Ryou looked over the top of his Algebra book a little to get a better look at the stranger sitting across from him. Well, he wasn't exactly a stranger because Ryou knew who he was. Unlike other people his age, besides Yugi, he read the newspaper and watched the news on TV and he just knew that the man who was sitting across from him was the notorious thief, Bakura. Ryou never was one to immediately trust people he saw for the first time, no matter how much they looked like they could be trusted or how attractive they were, with Yugi being the first and only exception of course (Dee Bunny: I just can't imagine anybody not trusting Yugi at first sight). And even if Bakura was put on probation and went to his school to finish high school, this situation was no different.
 
“Is there something you need?” he asked coldly.
 
“Actually, now that you mention it, yes there is.” Ryou got the message and instantly stood up and grabbed his books and papers. He placed them into his messenger bag and slung it over his shoulder. (Dee Bunny: I have absolutely no clue why, but I imagine Ryou having a messenger bag for a book bag.)
 
“I don't think I want to know,” he said as he walked towards the back of the library to take out a few books. Bakura calmly and gently leaned Ryou into a bookcase and stood face to face with him.
 
“I see you in school, all shy and demure, almost like Yugi, except better looking,” he smiled at that, “I have an opportunity to have you for myself and I'm not going to pass it up.” Ryou calmly slid under his arm and continued to walk down the aisle of bookcases while ignoring Bakura all at once. Ryou stopped at a teen romantic fiction section of the library and instantly pulled out Twilight from the shelves. (Dee Bunny: I also imagine Ryou reading Twilight. Long live Twilight fans! X3) Sure, he already literally read it a dozen times, had the special edition DVD of the movie, the soundtrack as well as the CD for the scores of the movie, and memorized all the quotes from the book by now but he didn't care. It was his favorite book and anyone who would say he was obsessed could willingly jump off a cliff. Just as he pulled the book out, a pale hand clasped over his and he felt breathing on his ear.
 
“You just don't give up, do you?” Ryou said with a sigh. He could feel Bakura smirk against his ear.
 
“Nice choice,” he responded to purposely evade the question, “It is a good series but I'm a sucker for a good mystery myself.” He let go of Ryou's hand and pulled out a book from the shelf. Ryou saw this movement and against his better judgment he turned to see which book he pulled out.
 
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christy,” he said with a smirk on his face, “A good book, don't you agree?” Ryou wanted to resist the urge to voice his opinion but his intellect got the better of him.
 
`Curse me and my love of fine reading,' he thought as he kept up his emotionless expression as he voiced his opinion.
 
“It was a fine book. The detail was amazing, the plot was interesting, the idea for the story was unique, and the ending was such an unpredictable twist that it had me thinking about the book all night. It left me tossing and turning in my sleep just thinking about it. Ryou regretted the last comment when he saw a sly smirk come onto his face.
 
“Really? Well then, maybe you would like to come over to my apartment and we could read the book together. I would love to see just how much you toss and turn because of the ending in your sleep,” Bakura said as he put the book back and rubbed Ryou's cheek, “I bet you look so sensual moving so much in your sleep, never ceasing from those frantic movements and breathing so heavily,” he licked his lips after he said that, “I just know it would be a sight I would enjoy very much.”
 
“Yeah, well keep dreaming. I'm not going anywhere with you,” he said before he slipped away to check out the book before hurrying outside to get to his car quickly. He stopped, seeing Bakura lean against the hood of his truck.
 
“What is wrong with you? I don't want a fuckin' stalker,” Ryou spat out angrily.
 
“So, the sexy, little bookworm has a fire in him, eh? I just want to say that I am now completely turned on,” Bakura said as he licked his lips again. Ryou just got into his car, started it up, and drove off as fast as he could before driving the normal speed limit as he usually does. He couldn't help but feel deep anger towards the older boy and what was even worse was that Ryou was, by an extremely slim margin, fascinated by him. Being an outcast not a lot of people came up to him with love confessions and this is what probably drew him to the former convict but at the same time he hated how the elder showed it and he had a hard time trusting people the first time he actually met them. He sighed as he felt some of his tension being released and decided to go to his favorite coffee shop to get something to drink and to clear his head. He pulled into the drive way, got out of his car and made sure to lock it, walked in through the front door, and walked up to the counter. Once he got his apple chai (Dee Bunny: My cousin threw this coffee drink at me, not literally of course. She and her mother go to Starbucks, insert trademark, almost every other day so she knows what she's talking about), he sat down at his usual corner table and pulled his laptop from out of his bag to work on an essay he had due next Tuesday. He stopped abruptly and gave a frustrated sigh.
 
“Why can't I even enjoy the atmosphere of my favorite coffee shop today without you breathing down my neck?” Ryou said as he gently massaged his temple.
 
“I don't like this place,” Bakura said from behind him, “There are too many people here who would like to sneak you out of here and steal you away from me.”
 
“We were never together in the first place and I don't exactly see that happening any time, now or ever,” Ryou responded as he avoided looking at him and took a drink of his apple chai as he continued to type some of his report. Bakura silently closed Ryo's laptop earning him a glare from the younger version of himself.
 
“There now, that's much better,” Bakura said in deep satisfaction as he tilted Ryou's chin up so their eyes could meet, “A face like yours shouldn't be hiding behind books and computers.” He slapped Bakura's hand away before finishing off his drink. A little dribbled down his chin and he froze as Bakura licked it away before he could just wipe it off.
 
“Mm, you taste so good,” he whispered in Ryou's ear. Ryou got up and threw him another glare.
 
“You are fairly, if not completely, close to having me have to file a restraining order against you,” Ryou said as he continued to glower at the person in front of him who apparently had a problem with leaving him alone.
 
“Isn't that going a little too far?” Bakura said with a smirk.
 
“You won't leave me alone when I tell you to, so a restraining order is the only remaining option to get it through your thick head that I never want to see you again,” Ryou responded with a quick nod of his head as he turned to pack his things. He slammed all his books in and lightly slid his laptop in. He stormed out to his truck again and drove home locking all the doors and windows before drawing the curtains closed.
 
“There, that should take care of everything.” He peeled off his clothes and slid on a pair of black pajama pants before falling asleep. Bakura picked the lock on Ryou's sliding porch door before closing and locking it behind him. He had swiftly grabbed Ryou's planner which had his address in it and he now had Ryou's cell number. He stalked through the dark house until he came upon Ryou's bedroom. He eased the door open quietly and smiled at how Ryou curled up in a ball in his sleep. He slid in next to him wrapping his arms around Ryou and, to his surprise, having Ryou cuddle into him.
 
`Aw, so vulnerable when he's asleep. He looks even more fuckable.' (Dee Bunny: My cousin is advising me and that is a word she found, not me.) He drifted off to sleep as well. When waking Ryou realized that he was warmer than he should have been and upon cracking his eyes open found that it was body heat. He looked up to see Bakura's peaceful sleeping face and yelped turning over and accidentally falling off the bed ungracefully with a thump. Bakura woke up and looked over the edge sleepily at Ryou who had a stunned look on his face.
 
“How'd you get in my house?” Ryou demanded. Bakura yawned.
 
“Through the porch door,” he replied shrugging heavily.
 
`He is kind of cute tired. No! No! No! Shut up. He stalked you and even broke into your house. Though that doesn't stop the fact that he's attractive.' “Wait, I locked it before going to bed,” he said looking at Bakura suspiciously. Bakura grinned sheepishly at him.
 
Ryou furiously shook his head before standing and stretching causing his muscles to flex and ripple. Bakura stared at him lustfully and he flipped him the bird. He stormed out of the room.
 
`That man brings the worst out of me. I've never cursed or snapped at someone that much in my entire lifetime. Lucky for me it's Saturday and I won't have to go to school. I'm also pretty lucky that my parents are gone and aren't here to flip out.' He walked towards the kitchen to make breakfast and when he bent down to get a frying pan out of one of the bottom cabinets when he felt a hand slap his rear end. He jumped up and rubbed his butt and he didn't have to turn around to know who it was.
 
“Nice ass,” Bakura said from behind. Kami, Ryou could just feel the smirk at the back of his head, “Aerobics instructors could learn a thing or two from you.”
 
“Flattery will get you nowhere,” he responded back. He reached towards the cabinets to get the pancake mix, but the shelf was too high even if he jumped. He squeaked as he felt two large warm hands grab his hips and pick him up. He grabbed the box and waited to be put down.
 
“Hmm, this is nice,” he said but then turned Ryou around and sat him on the counter and put an arm on each side of him, “But this is better!”
 
“Let me go!” Ryou shouted. He went to kick Bakura, but anticipating this, he had already situated his body between Ryou's legs.
 
“You know I saw this position in a movie once,” Bakura said with a smirk as he leaned in closer, “I think you can pretty much figure out how it ended up later on.” Ryou pushed him away as hard as he could and walked a little further away from him. He stopped, took a deep breath, finally broke down, and asked the question he desperately needed answered.
 
“Why me?”
 
“Pardon moi?” Bakura said genuinely taken by surprise.
 
“Why was it me you felt the need to stalk and come on to? Why am I so appealing to you? I'm… the kind of person who nobody really notices unless it has to do with school work. I'm not physically attractive, my central idea of a good time is sitting in my favorite coffee shop and reading a good book, and I have a tendency not to trust anyone I meet for the first time. I'm not anything anybody would want in a perfect person, so why do you want me?” Bakura blinked in surprise then actually smiled. He walked towards Ryou who walked backwards until he hit the counter.
 
“You have a fire, even if you are quiet. You're a fighter, never backing down even to the last minute. Your body is perfect, no matter what you say. You never pretend to be anyone except who you truly are. And that is the hardest trait to come by these days,” Bakura said as he trapped Ryou again. Ryou couldn't believe what he was hearing and what was more, Bakura actually meant it!
 
“Even so, I still don't see what's so special about me,” Ryou said as he shook his head a little.
 
“Because you're too modest. You don't see yourself through my eyes. Hell, if you did, you'd probably want to fuck you too. Even just walking or standing still, you're tempting,” he said snagging Ryou's earlobe between his teeth. Ryou felt a shiver come up his spine and resisted the urge to whimper. Bakura smirked and continued on with his ministrations, going from the ear to the neck and then up the jaw line, “You're enjoying this, aren't you, my little bookworm?”
 
“I…” Ryou started but didn't for three reason. One: saying something would probably ruin the moment; Two: his head kept telling him it was wrong and that he should push Bakura away but his heart was saying it was right and that he should just ease up and relax which sounded like the best option; Three: Bakura placed a kiss, fueled by raw passion and love and desire all rolled into one, on his lips. His first instinct was to back away but due to his other notion of going with his heart, he gave in and just kissed back much to Bakura's delight. When the need for air finally got to them, they pulled apart and looked at each other. Ryou gave Bakura his first real smile towards him and slowly shook his head.
 
“Fine, I'll give you a chance,” Ryou said and saw Bakura smirk but before he could respond Ryou cut in, “But, make one false move and I swear I'll cut off every tie I have with you and I will file that restraining order.” Bakura smirk just got wider and he kissed Ryou's neck again before whispering, “You won't regret this.”
 
“And he was right, I haven't regretted it since,” Ryou said as he and Yugi finished gathering everything and headed for the checkout lines.
 
“Wow, that's great, Ryou. I'm glad you found someone even if he was your stalker at first,” Yugi said with a smile but then proceeded with a frown and a sigh, “But I also am starting to wish that my own stalker wasn't as aggressive as Bakura was. I mean, sure, the stalker situation worked out for you but it will never work out for me and Leo because I'll never be able to love him. He's way too aggressive and something about him just makes my stomach churn.”
 
“Well, I hope your stomach is ready to make butter because look who's coming our way,” (Dee Bunny: Ryou was making a reference to butter churns in that statement in case you didn't get it) Ryou said seeing a familiar black haired, green eyed boy coming towards them.
 
“Why does it seem like he pops up everywhere I go?” Yugi said with deep frustration.
 
“He's like one of those weeds you just can't seem to get rid of, isn't he?” Ryou whispered back before Leo was completely in front of them.
 
“Hey, Yugi,” Leo said with a smile as if ignoring Ryou. That or he didn't want to acknowledge his existence.
 
“Hello, Leo,” Yugi said with a small sigh as he tried his best to restrain his annoyance.
 
“What are you doing here?” he questioned with a gleam in his eyes.
 
“Ryou and I were just buying some snacks for a party I'm having.”
 
“A party, why wasn't I invited?” Leo said in deep depression.
 
“I only ever invite my closest friends and plus the apartment is kind of small and I'm having a slumber party so there won't be a lot of room,” Yugi explained before he cringed when he saw a look cross over Leo's face which formed into a look of having a very enjoyable fantasy right down to the goofy smile.
 
“Too bad, I guess. Though I do wonder how you look like in your pajamas.”
 
`I bet that's not all you were wondering about' Yugi thought. Then, Ryou cut in and stopped him from telling Leo out.
 
“If you'll excuse us, Leo. Yugi and I need to pay for our things before most of them melt.” Then, he swept Yugi away and led him to the check out.
 
“You had perfect timing on that one, Ryou,” Yugi said as he paid the cashier when she finished ringing up their items, “I was so close to loosing it.” Ryou chuckled a little and grabbed some of the bags.
 
“No problem I know what it's like to be stalked by someone,” Ryou said as they walked out of the store.
 
“Yeah,” Yugi said before he smirked and said, “But not only did you start an actual relationship with your stalker but I bet that he also jumps at you whenever you two are alone and makes out with you as much as he can.
 
“Yugi!” Ryou said with a deep blush of embarrassment on his face. But he wasn't embarrassed because of that comment, he was embarrassed because it was actually the truth. And what was an even deeper truth was that he didn't want it any other way.
 
Dee Bunny: I hope everyone liked this chapter, sorry for interrupting at some points, and to answer horseygurl's question, I didn't write the song and it is really sung by a girl group called the Beu Sisters. Now that that's out of the way, review please. X3