Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ That's Where You Find Love ❯ Chapter 5: Let The Games Begin ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Let The Games Begins
Friday came by quickly for Yugi but slowly for Joey who tried his best not to think about it. After school, they met Kaiba in the parking lot at his limo. Kaiba opened the door and after he gave an unemotional look towards Yugi, he looked at Joey with a suggestive smirk.
 
“Come right in. Joey, you first of course,” he said with the smirk still on his face with a raised eyebrow. Joey's eyes widened and his face went bright red.
 
“I'd rather not,” he said as he tried to push Yugi in before him.
 
“Great, then I can just sit next to you,” he replied grinning. Joey halted.
 
“You planned that didn't you?” Joey said as he reluctantly got in the limo next to Kaiba whose grin got even bigger.
 
“You better believe it,” Seto whispered in Joey's ear with the grin still on his face as he placed his hand on Joey's knee. Joey tuned red and tried to push him off but Seto only grabbed Joey's hands with his other one.
 
“Hey, save it for when you guys have a room okay?” Yugi said with a smile as he shifted in his seat next to Joey.
 
“You're not helpin', Yuge,” Joey hissed through his teeth.
 
“My cousin does have about twelve guest rooms,” Kaiba brought up with the suggestive smirk coming back on his face. Joey was by then a deep shade of crimson out of frustration and embarrassment.
 
“And you're just makin' it worse!” Joey yelled with his face still a crimson red. They all heard a whirring sound and looked forward to wear the chauffeur had rolled the screen between them down.
 
“Sirs, we are here.” Yugi looked surprised.
 
“That was fast.” Joey put his hands together as if praying.
 
“Thank you!”
 
“You're going to need someone to show you around the mansion and who better than I since I've lived here practically half my life?”
 
“Does somebody not like me today?” Joey screamed to the forest. “Can one thing work in my favor for once?” Just then, a tall blonde haired woman with blue eyes and peach skin walked out wearing cherry red lipstick, blue eye shadow, a purple sports jacket, fingerless gloves, high heeled black boots, a white corset-like strapless halter top, a tight purple mini-skirt, and a white maid's apron.
 
“Seto, it's about time you got here. Yami's been waiting…” she was about to finish when she caught sight of Yugi and Joey. She then rose an eyebrow as she leaned against the doorway with a smile on her face, “Well, I see that you've brought a few guests with you.” Her sights then landed on Joey as a gleam showed up in her sapphire eyes. Kaiba resisted the urge to walk up to the head maid of his cousin's household and give her one good slap across the face because he knew that look and he didn't like it.
 
“Yeah, I'm Yugi Moto and this is my friend Joey Wheeler,” Yugi said as he gestured towards Joey who gave a quick wave towards to the woman. Her smile became even wider as she walked towards them and gently removed some of her hair away from her shoulder.
 
“Pleasure to meet the both of you. I'm Mai Valentine and I'm the head maid,” she said as she stood next to Joey and linked her arm with his, “Come on, you need someone to show you around and I know everything that goes on around here and how everything works so just stay by me and you won't have to worry.” Kaiba became even more enraged because he noticed the seductive tone in her voice and watched as she kept their arms linked as they entered the mansion.
 
“Man stealing she-demon,” he whispered through gritted teeth as he followed. Yugi was the only one to hear him and he allowed himself to let go of a deep sigh. This was going to be both interesting and very epic but he would also feel very sorry and sympathetic for his best friend. When they got inside, Yami walked in holding a pencil behind his ear and a stack of papers in his hand. He looked up and as if just completely ignoring his cousin, head maid, and Joey, he smiled at Yugi and walked up to him.
 
“You again,” he said with a smile.
 
“Yeah, pretty much,” Yugi responded with a smile. He heard Joey clear his throat and looked towards his blond friend whose arm was still linked with the other blond, “Oh Yami, this is my best friend, Joey Wheeler.” Yami gave a smile of understanding as he nodded his head and looked at the blond high school boy.
 
“So you're the best friend that my cousin has been pining over,” he said as he rubbed his chin with the smile still on his face and an arched eyebrow.
 
“Yami,” he growled in warning.
 
“Don't worry. I won't go into details of your love for him and the future you're trying to plan,” he joked. It was the first time Joey had ever seen Kaiba blush. It was actually pretty cute. He mentally shook his head. Bad Joey! Don't go down that road!
 
“Thanks a lot, Yami. Announce it on the six o' clock news, why don't you?”
 
“Oh, I have a friend that works at the news station,” Yugi piped up.
 
“See? I now have my in,” Yami said smirking at little Yugi.
 
“Since when do you have a friend in a news station?” Joey said as he unlinked his and Mai's arms. Yugi looked at him with an “I-thought-you-knew” look.
 
“Didn't Ryou ever tell you, Joe? He got an internship at a TV news station for network management,” Yugi said as he saw Joey get a look on his face that said “Are you kidding me?”
 
“Why am I always the last to know theses things?!?!” Joey yelled out loud.
 
“I thought he told you, Joey. I'm sorry, I didn't know.”
 
“I'm going to wring Ryou's neck when we get home!”
 
“Joey, you don't need to go that far because he eluded one piece of information about himself from you,” Yugi said partly succeeding in calming him down-about half way.
 
“If I may interrupt this conversation, I was just about to give Mr. Wheeler a tour of the house. If you'd please Mr. Wheeler,” she said grabbing Joey's arm yet again and gesturing towards the door to leave until Yami cleared his throat.
 
“That's okay Mai. Kaiba knows about the house more than you do and has known Mr. Wheeler longer than you have so they know each other on a more personal level.”
 
“Yes, sir,” she said as she reluctantly detached from Joey who rubbed his arm from where her nails pinched his skin. Kaiba shot a grateful look at Yami before putting a hand on Joey's lower back, to steer him out of the room, making him blush.
 
“You're excused, Mai.” She left storming out of the room that contained the two look-a-likes.
 
“Sometimes I wonder if that woman has no control over her hormones even though she's in her early twenties and should have learned by now,” Yami said as he shook his head. “Well, go ahead and take a seat. Don't want to be rude,” he said as he steered Yugi to the sofa in the living room. Yugi then noticed that one of the papers Yami was holding dropped to the floor and he picked it up off the floor.
 
“Is this sheet music?” Yugi asked Yami as he looked at the multiple music notes and words on the page. Yami looked over and smiled at him.
 
“Yes, songwriting is a hobby of mine but I prefer to keep my music to myself and never sell out. Besides, I'm famous enough for inheriting my father's fortune and company,” he explained as he walked over and sat next to Yugi.
 
“Do you actually play anything, sing, or just write the songs?” Yugi said enraptured by this. Yami smiled at how interested his little doppelganger was in his music and he couldn't help but stroke his cheek lightly and watch him blush at the intimate contact.
 
“I do all of the above actually. I write my songs and I also sing them plus, I know how to play the piano as well as the guitar. I learned how to play the piano from my mother and my father hired a tutor to teach me how to play the guitar,” he said as he gently took his hand away and smiled at the blush.
 
“Oh, I see,” Yugi said as he shyly faced away from him. Yami smiled and took Yugi's chin in his hand and faced him toward his face once more.
 
“You look good when you blush. You really are adorable,” Yami complimented with a smile.
 
“You're not the first older person I've met who said that,” Yugi said with his blush getting even deeper, “Apparently I'm so cute that I'm often confused for a twelve year old.” Yami gave a slight chuckle at that and smiled at him.
 
“How old are you really?” Yami asked as he released Yugi's chin.
 
“Sixteen,” Yugi said plainly as he gently touched the bottom of his chin. Yami smiled and gave a nod. He then stood up.
 
“Putting that aside for now,” he started with another smile, “Would you like to listen to one of my songs?” He held out his hand to Yugi. Yugi smiled with a small blush still on his face as he took the hand and stood up.
 
“I would like that very much,” he said as he walked with him down the hall. What Yugi didn't noticed and what Yami smiled in deep content for was that he was still holding Yami's hand.
 
***
Seto and Joey were walking through the halls while looking over the house. Joey was deeply depressed at Seto's constant come-ons and touching him in ways that were considered intimate contact.
 
Why can't dis guy just get da message?! Joey thought when he suddenly felt a hand on his rear end. “Don't do dat!” He pulled the hand away and got behind Kaiba. Seto turned around towards Joey and stopped walking. He then walked towards him as he backed him into a wall.
 
“Why should I?” he asked as he made sure to keep his face and lips just a few inches away from Joey's.
 
“Because…I…I'm not…we're not…” Joey said trying to let out a coherent sentence while blushing at the closeness of their bodies and the heat he could feel coming off the young CEO's body.
 
“The only reason we're not together is because you've been resisting instead of listening like a good little puppy,” Seto responded with a smirk as he gently touched the blush and then moved his hand to Joey's hip. He laid his forehead in the crook of Joey's neck, just laying there, making Joey sharply inhale at the hot breath blowing on his neck.
 
“Why keep saying no? I'm not going to do anything inappropriate unless you approve,” he asked/said. “I love you too much to make you hate me or to hurt you.” Joey stood stunned at the admission and they just stood in that position for a while before Seto shifted. He stood up straight and wrapped his arms around Joey pulling them together and laying his head on top of Joey's with a sigh and inhaling Joey's unique and individual scent of chocolate and carrot cake.
 
“I don't want to hurt you,” he whispered burying his face into Joey's hair. Joey's breath hitched at this confession. Seto looked back at his amber brown puppy eyes and he leaned in with closed eyes as he felt the intertwined breathing on his lips…
 
“There you two are! I was looking for the both of you.” Seto groaned.
 
Why now?!?! he thought as he looked towards the blond woman coming up the hall. He growled as he saw her approach them and he clutched Joey closer to him possessively.
 
“Kaiba…I…can't…breathe,” Joey said as he felt like he was going to suffocate in the other's possessive grip.
 
“Yeah Kaiba, you can let go of him now. I'll take good care of him,” Mai said as she all but yanked Joey out of his grasp. Seto glared at the smirk on her face when he turned towards Joey.
 
“Joe, why don't you go ahead and find Yami and Yugi? I think their in the music room downstairs. It's the next room away from the living room,” he told Joey which was more of a demand then a suggestion. Joey nodded his head as he walked away with one thought in mind.
 
Luck for me I got out of der. Somethin' is tellin' me that this isn't gonna be pretty.
 
“You sure pick a fine time to look for us, don't you think?” Kaiba asked with a growl and a glare at the blond headed maid.
 
“I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about,” Mai said with a mock smile of innocence.
 
“Don't even try it, bitch! It's a good fucking thing you're useful or Yami would have fired you a long time ago. He told me himself. And stay away from Joey. He doesn't need to be tainted by the likes of you,” he seethed before storming towards the music room.
 
“Let the games begin,” Mai said when he was out of earshot with a smirk on her face.
 
He slammed the door and looked sheepishly at the other three before leaning against the door and loosely grabbing Joey's hand before listening to Yami's music. If Joey didn't want it, he could just let go, but in truth, he actually tightened his grip on Seto's hand making Kaiba truly smile (rare) at him.
 
“My, my, Seto, You seem a little on the agitated side,” Yami said with a raised eyebrow.
 
“You can thank that damn head maid of yours. Come on, Joey,” he said he pulled Joey behind him, “I suddenly realized that it would be extremely dangerous to leave you on your own.” Joey just gave a blush as he reluctantly followed. Yugi looked on after them with Yami.
 
“Does he always act like that?” Yugi asked as he looked back at Yami with large amethyst eyes blinking in curiosity.
 
“He's more irritated then usual,” Yami said as he pulled out another sheet of music with a smile towards Yugi, “This is a really special song for me. I started working on it a few days ago. I wanted you to hear it the most.” Yami placed the sheets in front of him and played a few keys as he looked at the words in front of him before playing the song. Yugi's eyes widened slightly as he listened to the words that came out of Yami's mouth knowing that there was a deep meaning in them and that the meaning was meant for him.
 
Once upon a broken heart
I was walking alone in the dark
Looking for a way to start again
 
Yami's eyes widened as Yugi started singing the words in harmony with him and at how beautiful his voice was. He smiled as he continued to play and sing with Yugi.
 
What I wouldn't give for a friend
There was no love in my life
There was no light in my eyes
All the tears that I have cried and cried
Seemed like they'd never end and I
 
Yami and Yugi both lost each other in the music and in each other's voices. Both of them now knowing that the song fit the both of them perfectly and that they were now with someone who understood.
 
Never believedfairytales came true
But now I know that they really do
Now that I found you
Now that I'm here with you
Just look at the sunshine in you
Show me a world I've never seen
I woke up and fell into this dream
Happily ever after just took time
Once upon this broken heart of mine
 
Yugi started playing some of the high keys on the piano along with Yami and closed his eyes to let the music wash over him better.
 
Long ago and far away
I could never dream of the day
That your love would come my way and stay
And sweep me away and I
 
Yami's mind wrapped around this verse and he realized that he never wrote these on the paper and that it was as if he was speaking from his heart now instead of what was on the paper.
 
Never believed fairytales came true
But now I know that they really do
Now that I found you
Now that I'm here with you
Just look at the sunshine in you
Show me a world I've never seen
I woke up and fell into this dream
Happily ever after just took time
Once upon this broken heart of mine
 
Yugi felt the same way as he continued to sing with Yami and with a smile and a blush he realized that Yami was that missing piece in his life that he needed.
 
This is a way a fairytale feels
This is the way I know it's real
This is a way a broken heart heals and I
 
Yami turned towards Yugi and watched as he continued to play and sing with him and he felt his heart race for the first time.
 
Never believed fairytales came true
But now I know that they really do
Now that I found you
Now that I'm here with you
Just look at the sunshine in you
Show me a world I've never seen
I woke up and fell into this dream
Happily ever after just took time
Once upon this broken heart of mine
 
Yami and Yugi both took a deep breath as the song finished and they looked at each other and a realization washed over Yami. Yugi was his soul mate, Yugi was the one Yami needed in his life and he knew that Yugi felt the same way by the look in his eyes.
 
“Yugi,” Yami said as he took both of Yugi's hands in his, “I would be honored if you would come here on your own and get to know me on a more personal level.” Yami smiled as he saw Yugi blushed some more.
 
“I would like that very much, Yami,” Yugi said as a smile became bright on his face as he and Yami looked at each other knowing that they found something the other needed.
 
***
Yugi was smiling as he walked home that night after he left Yami's and he had an extra bounce in his step. Kaiba did ask if he wanted a ride home but he decided to walk instead because he figured Joey and Kaiba would want some time alone. He felt lighter then air as he neared the Game Shop with the smile still pasted on his face.
 
“Hey Yugi.” Yugi stopped in his tracks and his eyes went wide as he looked over to see Leo looking back at him.
 
“Oh, hi Leo,” he said stiffly walking faster now.
 
“Where were you? I was searching for you all day and when I went to the Game Shop, your grandfather said you weren't there and weren't sure when you'd get back. It's getting pretty late. You shouldn't be out by yourself. I'll walk you home,” he rambled on and on. All of a sudden a Mercedes pulled up alongside them halting all conversation.
 
“Hey, Yugi. You left a card at my house. I thought you'd need it for your next game. Need a ride home?” Yami said after rolling the passenger side window down. Yugi sighed unnoticeably and smiled sympathetically at Leo.
 
“Thanks, Yam. I'm sorry Leo, but I'm going to have to decline. Um, I guess I'll see you at school then.” With that, he practically threw himself into the front seat. Yami drove off quickly spinning hazardously around the corner before going back to the normal speed limit.
 
“Oh my Kami! I'll never be able to thank you enough Yami. He's a stalker, he never leaves me alone,” he groaned leaning his head on the dashboard. Yami chuckled.
 
“He won't bother you with me around,” Yami said rubbing his neck to soothe his muscles. Yugi smiled at him and touched his hand lightly.
 
“Thanks, Yami,” Yugi said as he saw the lights for the Game Shop up ahead, “There it is, Yami.” Yami pulled up in front of the Shop. Yami got out and walked around to open Yugi's door.
 
“I'm glad you got home safely, Yugi. Someone like you doesn't deserve to get hurt this time of night with… less then satisfactory company around every corner coming out at this time,” Yami said as he watched Yugi hop out. Yugi could tell by the hint in his voice that the comment was mostly directed towards Leo.
 
“Thanks again, Yami. Thanks for everything,” Yugi said with another blush as he stared up at Yami.
 
“Just one more thing before you go inside,” Yami said before he lifted Yugi's head a little and pressed his lips lightly against his. Yugi felt his spine tingle but was able to respond to the kiss happily. After a few minutes, they broke apart and Yami smiled as he gently stroked Yugi's face, “See you later.” Yami walked back to the car and drove off after waving goodbye. Yugi touched his lips and turned around to see his mother watching him with a smile.
 
“He seems like a charming young man,” she said as she watched her son walk up to her with a smile.
 
“Mom, I can explain…” Yugi said but was silent when she placed a finger on her son's lips.
 
“Honey, I knew all the time that you liked both girls and boys,” she said with another smile as she watched her son's look of surprise.
 
“You did? How did you…” Yugi started frantically.
 
“A mother knows these things, sweetheart and I just want to say I don't care,” Mrs. Moto interrupted again as her son smiled at her.
 
“Thanks, mom,” he said as he walked with his mom back inside. She smiled at her son again and gently ruffled his hair.
 
“No problem, kiddo. But promise me that I'm the first one who gets to meet him,” she said as she laughed at that statement with her son as they went inside. What no one noticed was that someone else was watching on the corner and he felt like a water valve about to burst from the scene he saw.
 
“So, I've got some competition, eh?” Leo said as he spun around jealously and angrily to walk towards the train station, “Well, Mr. Mirror Image, I think it would be my utmost honor to say, let the games begin and with Yugi as the prize, there's no way I going to lose.”
 
Dee Bunny: Hoped everyone liked this chapter. I forgot to mention that since this is going to be part musical that everyone in the fic who's going to be a central character will eventually have their own song they sing that represents them and the couples will have songs that best fit their relationships. Now that that's out of the way, please review my people. =p