Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ That's Where You Find Love ❯ Chapter 1: The Lonely Egyptian ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

That's Where You Find Love
Categories: Romance, General
 
Rating: T for mild cursing used by Bakura, some violence, and heavy makeout scenes that are still appropriate enough to be Shonen- Ai
 
Pairings: Yami X Yugi, Seto X Joey X Mai love triangle, Tea X Duke, Serenity X Tristan, Ryou X Bakura, Marik X Malik, One-sided OC Stalker X Yugi
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-gi-oh. If I did, Yami/Atem, Yugi, Joey, Ryou Bakura, and good Marik would all be members of my male harem. I don't own the songs I will be using in this fanfic either.
 
Notes: In this fanfic there is absolutely no Tea bashing. I do not advocate any sort of character bashing whatsoever. I would make an exception for Seto Kiba but I don't hate him enough. I will also be calling Yami Bakura just Bakura and Ryou Bakura just Ryou just to eliminate confusion. This fanfic will be somewhat considered a musical.
 
Chapter 1: The Lonely Egyptian
Domino was a city in the middle of Japan and it came with the usual hustle and bustle of a big city. But it was surrounded by a wide group of forest especially around Domino Local Park. It was in these particular woods where the story starts and in the heart of the woods was a large black and crimson hued mansion. It was the residence of the young millionaire Yami Atem who was also the cousin of equally young millionaire Seto Kiba. He was a handsome and charming young man of Egyptian origin with wild tri-colored hair, fair skin that had a slight tan to it, sharp ruby eyes that held a look as if he was looking into one's soul, and a deep voice that held wisdom that would be considered to be years past his age. His preferred clothing was ensembles of leather which showed off his lean but healthy body figure. His looks along with his charming mannerisms and large fortune were the reasons why many women of every size and age fell for him. But truth to be told he didn't fall in love with any of the women he met because he knew they only loved him for his appearance, his money, and who they thought he was. He was bisexual so it was fairly simple for him to pick any person he wanted, male or female, to be his significant other but men he met who shared his orientation also only loved him for the exact same reasons that women loved him. He now sat at his piano in his music room feeling depressed and was just about to play the piano when there was a knock at the door.
 
“Come in,” he said in the direction of the door. An Egyptian woman who looked to be in her mid to late twenties with long black hair wearing a long white dress and a strange necklace around her neck entered through the door.
 
“I figured you would be here, sir. You always come in here whenever you want to be alone and are in deep thought,” the woman said with a smile as she pulled a chair up next the piano.
 
“You never miss a beat, Ishizu,” Yami said to the woman with a smile on his face. Ishizu was a great friend and confidante to him for she had served under his father and stayed with Yami after he inherited his father's fortune. She was one of the few women who knew him for who he really was but she treated him as more of a brother than a love interest which was fine by him.
 
“I know you too well, Yami. I also know what has started to afflict you these past after your eighteenth birthday three months age,” Ishizu said as she looked at her young master.
 
“And what would that be?” he said as he raised an eyebrow.
 
“You're lonely,” she said with a sympathetic look on her face as she put a comforting hand on his arm.
 
“Why would I be lonely? I have you, Tea, Duke, Mai, Bakura, Tristan, Malik, and Marik to keep me company and Seto and Mokuba visit me whenever they can.”
 
“I'm speaking of the loneliness that comes from not having someone to love in a romantic sense,” she said as she tightened her grip on her brother- figure's arm.
 
“If that is what you speak of, then yes, I am lonely,” he said with a sigh as he gave a sigh and rose to pace around the room, “It's just so hard to find someone who'll actually love me for me. Someone who'll love me not because of my fortune, my looks, or who they think I am, but because they can see the real me and love me for that.”
 
“I understand,” she said as she went over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder reassuringly.
 
“Plus, like other people, I have a list of things I want in my perfect person,” he said as he once again sat at the piano.
 
“I would like to hear,” Ishizu said as she sat back in her original seat.
 
“Don't you have work you need to do?” Yami said with a smirk on his face but he was really nervous about Ishizu asking him what his dream person would be like.
 
“I have time,” she pressed on.
 
“Very well. My ideal person has to be kind, sweet, nonjudgmental and innocent but they would still recognize the hard truths of life, loving, compassionate, selfless…”
 
“That's quite the description,” Ishizu said as she rose to do her work.
 
“Yes but I don't think I'll ever find them,” Yami said with a sigh as he pushed a few keys on the piano. Ishizu opened the door to leave but before she stepped out, she smiled and stroked her necklace.
 
“You will find your true love, Yami,” she said with the smile still plastered on her face as she stroked her necklace, “I know you will.” With that said Ishisu left the room and left Yami with his own smile along with new found hope. He felt new hope rise within him because he knew that whenever Ishizu said that something was going to happen before it would ever happen, it always did.
 
Dee Bunny: Hope everyone liked the first chapter. Please, review. =)