Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ That's Where You Find Love ❯ Chapter 2: The Little Outcast ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: The Little Outcast
While this went on, something else went on at Domino High School near the center of town. It was the school where one little Yugi Moto attended. Yugi had an absolutely wonderful personality and was extremely cute for a sixteen year old boy. He had big amethyst eyes that were soft and understanding, wild tri-colored hair that was slightly different from Yami's, fair skin that looked so soft it tempted people to really see if it felt as soft as it look, an angelic voice that could coax people into doing anything he wanted them to do, and had a wonderful body figure. He was sweet, understanding, innocent looking but he knew that the world had problems, and never judged anyone by how they looked or by what rumors said about them. His only problem was that he was vertically challenged in the fact that he looked to be only four feet ten inches tall and his innocent personality and looks often made him the target for bullying. In fact, only four people in the school that liked Yugi and were friends with him except for one of the four.
 
“Hey, Yug,” a voice called to Yugi as he sat on the ground outside to eat his lunch in an area far away from any of the bullies that tormented him. He looked up from his lunch at his only three friends in the entire school.
 
“Hi, guys,” he said with a smile as they sat down next to him.
 
“Where have ya been, Yug? We were looking all over for ya,” Joey said as he leaned his head against a tree behind him and put his hands behind his head trying to look cool. Joey Wheeler was an outcast like Yugi and was his best friend and despite his hotheaded and street punk attitude, Joey was an all around good guy who was often the one to protect any of his friends, especially Yugi, from anyone who was bothering them. He had brown puppy dog eyes and a halo of sunshine gold hair with a personality that was sweet and funny but often got him into trouble as well.
 
“I've been trying to avoid my tormentors and one certain stalker,” he said with a sigh and a shake of his head.
 
Leo Madison was a new guy at school who was six feet tall with emerald green eyes and very long black hair that was kept back in a hair band who everyone knew had a huge crush on Yugi based on rumors and common knowledge. None of them, except Yugi and his friends, knew that Leo was actually a stalker, predator just like his name implied. (Dee Bunny: His first name is Leo which means “lion”, you get it?)
 
He followed Yugi to all of his classes before Leo went to his, he sat behind Yugi in History and just stared at the back of his head as he wrote Yugi's name over a hundred times on all of his notebook pages, he drew pictures of Yugi that were masterful and realistic but creepy, he had photos of him all over the inside of his locker, he wrote Yugi love poems and love letters that he got on his desk or in his locker or even at home in the mail, and Serenity, who went to Leo's house for a partner project once said that when Leo went to the bathroom during their project, she smelled something coming from his closet and when she looked inside she saw a candlelit shrine dedicated to Yugi in the very back of his closet.
 
“Yeah, I wish he didn't like you that way. I can just tell that he has the potential to go too far if someone or something gets in his way of you. I hope he stops soon before you get hurt,” Serenity said to him as she took a bite of her lunch. Serenity was Joey's sister with a waterfall of chocolate brown hair and sparkling blue eyes. She was very kind, smart, levelheaded, and social but was considered an outcast by association because she was friends with Yugi and was Joey's younger sister.
 
“I hope so too,” Ryou added in with sympathy and concern. Ryou had snow white hair and brown eyes that were soft, compassionate, and sympathetic. He had a good wine glass body figure and a good personality to match along with a soft voice with a British accent. He was also an outcast though because he was shy and never really talked to anyone he wasn't friends with or didn't know.
 
“I thank you guys for the support, “Yugi said with a small smile.
 
“But even so, are you ever gonna get a lover, Yug?” Joey asked as he raised an eyebrow and formed a smirk on his face.
 
“I've told you, Joey, I'm waiting for the right one,” Yugi said with a hint of annoyance but great patience in his voice that revealed that it wasn't the first time Joey asked this particular question. Before Joey could respond the bell rang and they all packed up to go inside. When Yugi got the rest of his books from his locker he heard an all too familiar voice from behind.
 
“Hey, Yugi.” He froze and as he painted a look of indifference on his face he turned around. He gave a slight jump when he saw Leo standing right behind him with a wide smile on his face.
 
“Hello, Leo,” Yugi said as he tried to walk towards his Literature class but Leo blocked him.
 
“You'll never guess what happened to me this afternoon,” Leo said as he tried to prevent Yugi from getting to his class a little bit longer to give him the news.
 
“You're right, I can't,” Yugi said as he breathed to try and keep calm. He was actually an extremely patient person due to the influences of his mother and grandfather but when it came to Leo/ anyone else who was in his way of getting to class in a hurry, he found it hard to remain in control of his anger. He was eventually able to walk around Leo and head towards his next class.
 
“I made the baseball team,” Leo said catching up to Yugi and walking with him.
 
“That's great, Leo,” he answered back not really paying attention.
 
“I was going to ask you if you would like to come to any of my practices and/or games. We have practices after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and games are on Saturdays. I'm sure my coach wouldn't mind if you came to any of the practices,” Leo said as he rubbed the back of his neck with a blush on his face which faltered when Yugi responded.
 
“I'm sorry, Leo, but I help out my grandfather in the shop all week, I go with my mom to the community center on Thursday nights to help kids learn how to play Duel Monsters, and on Saturday nights I always go out with my friends. I can't make it to any of your practices or games at all, so I'm sorry,” Yugi said as he finally pulled himself into his Lit class just before the bell rang and leaving Leo out to dry.
 
***
Yugi sighed as he walked home from school. It was pretty much the same as it always was including how a bunch of bullies ganged up on him and Serenity. They picked him because he was the intended target and Serenity because she came to his defense. Joey came to beat the hell out of them for what they were doing to his best friend and little sister which got him and the bullies sent to the principal's office. He loved his friends very much and wished that they didn't have to go through so much for him. He only wished that things would get better for his friends. He could deal with the way his life was but he wished for his friends lives to get better.
 
Joey and Serenity's parents were divorced and they had a hard time seeing each other outside of school for the fact that their parents never talked much so they couldn't arrange for times when they could see each other and Ryou's parents had to travel for both of their jobs so he never saw them much and was often alone at home. Yugi only wish for his friends' lives to get better and then he would be happy. He didn't care if his life got worse, he would still be happy if his friends were happy.
 
Yugi decided to make one last stop before he went home and stopped right outside a church. He took a deep breath and walked inside. He knew this church well because he often passed it every time he went home and he sometimes went inside with his mom or grandfather. He looked inside at the few people who were kneeling in their pews as they prayed for varieties of reasons. Yugi stopped in front of the alter and slipped his backpack off of his shoulders as he made the sign of the cross and kneeled in front of the alter to pray. He looked towards the alter as he prayed and saw a statue of a grown Jesus Christ with his mother, Mary.
 
I don't know if you can hear me
Or if your even there
I don't know if you would listen
To a humble prayer
Yes, I know I'm just an outcast
I shouldn't speak to you
Still, I look upon your face and wonder
Were you once an outcast too?
Yugi closed his eyes and prayed as hard as he could as he thought only of his friends and how he wished they could be happy.
 
God help the outcasts
Hungry for birth
Show them the mercy
They don't find on earth
God help my people
They look to you still
God help the outcastswhen nobody will
 
He kneeled there as he continued to pray and as he did he sighed at hearing the selfish prayers everyone else in the church made.
 
I ask for wealth, I ask for fame
I ask for gloryto sign on my name
 
A woman came up next to him and made her prayer which was also more like a wish.
 
I ask for love, I might possess
I ask for Godthat He may bless me
 
Yugi gave another sigh and made the sign of the cross again. He grabbed his backpack and looked at the alter as he walked backwards a few steps towards the front doors from which he entered.
 
I ask for nothing, I can get by
But I know so many less lucky than I
God help my people
The poor and downtrod
I thought we all were but children of God
God help the outcast
Children of God
 
He unknowingly walked into a reflection of a stained glass window on the church floor and in the dark candlelit church, the reflection highlight his features and made them look more angelic than ever before. Only one person in the church noticed though, and she gave a smile as she stroked her necklace.
 
Dee Bunny: Here's the second chap. Please review, my people. ;)