Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ That's Where You Find Love ❯ Chapter 9: Sketches and Photos ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9: Sketches and Photos
Yugi sighed as he was stuck in his seventh period math class and was absentmindedly drawing a picture with skillful hands in his notebook. He couldn't wait for his last class to end so he could get out of class, go home, do his homework, and hopefully have enough time to fit in a visit to Yami.
 
The bell finally rang and with a sigh of relief he looked down at the picture he drew and instantly blushed at the masterfully done and realistic sketch. He had all unknowingly drawn a side profile of Yami's head and he didn't leave a detail out of it.
 
“Where did that come from?” Yugi whispered to himself as he gingerly took out the picture and closed his notebook in slight embarrassment of himself.
 
“Hey, YUGE!” someone yelled in his ear right as he got out the door. He rubbed his now numb ear before turning to talk with Joey who nearly screamed his ear off.
 
“Joey, I am too young to have a hearing aid and nor do I plan to get one because of your consistent yelling,” he joked. They started to walk together and Joey couldn't help but notice how Yugi kept fidgeting with his folder or more or less the paper sticking out of it.
 
“Hey, Yuge, what's that?” Yugi looked a little startled until he realized what it was he was referring to. He blushed and picked up his pace a little.
 
“It's nothing.” Joey grinned mischievously and instantly ran up to Yugi and lifted him up so that he could hold him. Yugi squirmed and tried to loosen Joey's grip. Joey managed to pull the paper out of his folder and his grin went into Cheshire cat mode when he saw the picture of Yami.
 
“Oh, Yuge, you were thinking about him! You love him, man! You know you love him!” Joey said in a teasing voice as he teased Yugi about his relationship with Yami.
 
“Joey, I don't know if it's real love yet. I mean, sure we shared a few kisses, I spend time with him, and he met my mom and Grandpa but that doesn't mean it's love,” Yugi said as he finally got out of Joey's grasp and took the picture back from him.
 
“Damn, dude! He already met ya fam! You two are gettin' cozy, man!” he said elbowing him lightly. Joey suddenly saw Kiaba at his locker when they turned the corner and suddenly stopped them at the corner.
 
“Joe, what is it?” Yugi asked a little concerned.
 
“It's nothin', Yuge. I just want to tell Kaiba what I told ya Saturday night.” Yugi smiled in understanding and gave a nodded.
 
“Okay Joe, see you,” Yugi said as he walked in the opposite direction to his locker. Joey took a deep sigh and calmed himself down.
 
“Okay Wheeler, you're just about ta tell the guy, who is practically turned on by just the thought of ya, that ya don't know exactly how ya feel about him. Yeah, no pressure,” Joey said as he took a rabbit's foot out of his pocket and rubbed it, “But just ta be safe.” He was just about to walk towards Seto when he saw Leo walk up to him. Joey raised an eyebrow and listened in on the conversation carefully.
 
***
Kaiba finished putting all of his things in his locker when he saw Leo Madison walk up to him with an envelope in his hands. He sneered at the black haired boy now turned baseball star on their team.
 
“What do you want?” he asked in a rough and irritated voice. Leo gave a smirk and crossed his arms as he shook his head slightly.
 
“Tsk, tsk, Kiaba. No need to be so harsh. Especially considering how I'm here on official business.”
 
“I repeat last time. What do you want?” he asked sneering at the aggravating boy. Leo's smirk just got wider as he opened the envelope and pulled out two photos.
 
“I'm here to strike a deal with you,” he said as he showed Seto the pictures of Joey he took from outside of Yugi's house at his sleepover. Seto's eyes got wide and his jaw dropped as he looked at the pictures of his sleeping puppy dog. He looked even more beautiful asleep than Seto had ever imagined him to be and he looked so peaceful caught in that moment.
 
“How did you…” he said as he reached out to touch the picture of Joey's face when Leo took the pictures away and slipped them back into the envelope.
 
“I have my ways,” he said with a grin as he looked at the rich and young CEO of Kaiba Corp., “I'm giving these to you, Kaiba. I don't have any use for them in my photo albums and/or any of my portfolios so you can have them because I know you want them. It's no secret to anyone in this whole school that you're so into him.” His glare hardened.
 
“What the hell are you talking about?” he asked referring to the deal. Leo grinned even wider and Kaiba held back a shiver as that grin reminded him of the Cheshire Cat from Alice In Wonderland. `I always hated that damn cat.'
 
“You are smart. You see, I'll let you keep the photos but I want something that'll interest me in exchange,” he stepped up a few paces in front of Kaiba face and said, “I want a date with my beautiful Yugi.”
 
“I should have guessed,” Seto said through his teeth as he rolled his eyes, “You never do anything unless it involves Yugi. I should have known that you would have stooped this low.”
 
“Don't call it `stooping' just call it `taking extra precautions to secure my future with my future lover and husband,'” he said with his Cheshire grin still on his face.
 
“He'll never be yours. He doesn't like you romantically at all and you can't force love on him. He'll just hate you even more for it. Anyways, it's too late. He already likes somebody else.” He shut his locker and walked the opposite way from where Leo had come…right near to where Joey was hidden. `Oh shit! Gotta hide'. Joey thought as he frantically turned around to leave the school until he felt an arm grab his wrist.
 
“Puppy,” Kaiba said as he grabbed Joey's wrist and turned him around. He was pained by the panic look before it relaxed.
 
“Oh, hey Kaiba,” he said freeing his wrist. `Think, think.'
 
“How much did you hear or see between Leo and me?” `That'll do.' Joey thought after Seto asked that question.
 
“Everythin'. I saw everythin' that went on and I heard everythin' as well. I just wanna say one thing about those photos. Where in hell did he get those pictures?!?!” Joey yelled at the end in complete embarrassment with his face bright red.
 
“You know where you were at and when he took those pictures?”
 
“Musta been Saturday. Yuge, Ryou, Serentiy, and I always have sleepovers at Yuge man's house. We fell asleep around one in da mornin',” he said thinking about it. Joey's eyes suddenly widened and he slapped his forehead, “That crazy lunatic was taken pictures of me and Yuge while we were asleep and he decided to use my pictures as bribe material for ya. He must have those photos of Yugi hanging all over his bedroom walls not ta mention that shrine in the back of his closet.”
 
“He has a shrine?” Kaiba said in surprise and concern.
 
“Yeah, it's a long story,” Joey said before he took a deep breath, “But I didn't come here to talk about Leo's crazy obsession over my best bud,” Seto raised and eyebrow before Joey continued, “I wanna talk about our relationship and where it stands for me.”
 
“I'm listening,” Kaiba said intrigued at this turn of conversation.
 
“I'm not a hundred percent sure how I feel about ya yet. To me, our relationship is more in the… grey area. You know, where something could happen but I'm just not ready to go dere yet until I'm sure.”
 
“Okay.”
 
“That doesn't mean I'm goin' ta let ya keep goin' on as before, but I guess…I guess I'm sayin' I'll give ya a chance,” he said after much difficulty.
 
“That's all that counts,” Seto said kissing his cheek. He put his hand on Joey's lower back and led him outside. He opened the door to his limo and Joey looked between him and the inside suspiciously.
 
“I'm not going to molest you, puppy,” he said exasperated. “I'm just offering you a ride home.” Joey climbed in after. After awhile, Joey eventually fell asleep and his head used Kaiba's shoulder for a pillow. Seto smiled in deep satisfaction and wrapped his arms around Joey. He then placed his head on top of his and whispered into his ear, “It doesn't matter how many photographs I have of you, my puppy. A picture is never as good as the original.”
 
Dee Bunny: Sorry it was so short but that seemed like an appropriate and good way to leave it off as.
MewHanyou: She won't post the next chapter unless she gets at least five reviews for this chapter with a couple ideas. We're keeping it going, but we're running low on good ways to keep the main plots together.
Dee Bunny: *shoves cousin over* Also sorry about her. *whisper tone* She's freakin' insane.
MewHanyou: I heard that, you know!!!! :P
Dee Bunny: *sigh* Oh, Lord here we go again. Please R&R! ~.o