Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ That's Where You Find Love ❯ Chapter 10: Outside the Fire ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10: Outside The Fire
Yami happily worked on a song in his music room with his guitar in hand. Yugi was going to be coming over after he finished his homework and he was bringing Margalo over to introduce her to everyone. That was fine by him; he was wondering when Yugi would introduce the little feathered pixie who brought them together to everyone.
 
“I can't wait, tonight I'm going to tell Yugi those three little words,” Yami whispered to himself as he continued to write down more words for his song, “Those words that are meant to be said when a person really means and feels them and I've never felt so sure in my life.” Yami smiled at the finished piece of music and placed the pages on the stand next to him. He strummed a few cords and started to sing.
 
We call them cool
Those hearts that have no scars to show
The ones that never do let go
And risk the tables being turn
 
Yami started on this song after he came home yesterday. He wasn't able to sleep which was happening quite frequently because every time he closed his eyes when he was in bed he saw Yugi sound asleep next to him which caused him the inability to sleep and last night in his insomnia state he decided to write a song to distract himself from his wishful thinking of having his little angel asleep next to him.
 
We call them fools
Who have to dance within the flame
Who chance the sorrow and the shame
That always comes with gettin' burned
 
But you've got to be tough
When consumed by desire
Cause it's not enough just to
Stand outside the fire
 
Yami always felt that way since he met Yugi. He felt like a moth attracted to a light of any source. Even though he felt he shouldn't get too close for fear that Yugi wouldn't feel the same, he just couldn't help it. This was the reason why he was willing to take the chance.
 
We call them strong
Those who can face this world alone
Who seem to get by on their own
Those who will never take the fall
 
We call them weak
Who are unable to resist
The slightest chance that might exist
And for that forsake it all
 
Yami place his guitar on its stand and just proceed to pace and gracefully dance around the room. Ishizu chose to come in at that particular moment and to her slight amusement saw her young master dancing around the room while singing about his passion for Yugi.
 
They'reso hell bent on living
Walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you
Stand outside the fire
 
Yami was completely oblivious to Ishizu's presence and he just continued to waltz around the room with only Yugi on his mind as he sang about how he felt in his heart.
 
Standing outside the fire
Standing outside the fire
Life is not tried it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire
 
There's this love that is burning
Deep in my soul
Constantly yearning to get out of control
Wanting to fly higher and higher
I can't abide standing outside the fire
 
Yami held his hand over his heart at these verses as a gesture of his passion and deep love for Yugi, the only person who was ever able to make him feel special and he knew he could trust and love Yugi for his entire lifetime.
 
Standing outside the fire
Standing outside the fire
Life is not tried it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire
 
Standing outside the fire
Standing outside the fire
Life is not tried it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire
 
Yami smiled after he finished his song and he turned towards the door to get ready to greet his angel when he saw Ishizu standing in the doorway with a smile on her face.
 
“Ishizu!” Yami said as a blush rose to his face completely, “How long have you been standing there?”
 
“Long enough, young master,” she said laughing.
 
“That didn't really answer my question,” he pouted.
 
“Let me put it another way then,” she said as she walked up to him and tilted up his chin, “Long enough to know of your passion for Yugi.”
 
“I can't help it,” Yami said with a daydream look on his face and a blush still dusted across his face, “It feels so wonderful just to daydream about being with him for the rest of my life. I even imagine sleeping next to him at night,” he said before slapping his hand over his mouth.
 
“No wonder why you've been having trouble sleeping lately,” Ishizu said with another chuckle, “I thought you had been watching horror movies right before going to sleep again. That always ended up with something terribly damaged though.” She spoke the truth. One night when Yami was ten years old, he had watched Rose Red right before going to sleep that night and the next morning she came up to see him with dark bags under his eyes and the lamp that was once on his nightstand in pieces on the floor next to his bed.
 
“Then what results did you get from my fantasies?” Yami said trying his best to stop looking like a blushing fool.
 
“You are completely on Cloud Nine and in love,” she smirked. Before he could say another word, the door opened to see Tea coming in.
 
“I hope I'm not interrupting anything but I thought you wanted to know Yugi's here and you might want to get to him before Marik and Malik completely scare him away with their constant questioning,” she said with a smile. Yami went through the door and headed towards the room to save his Yugi from the couple who needed to learn about personal space.
 
***
“She's so sweet,” Marik said sitting in the middle of Yugi and Malik with Malik's arms around his shoulders as he gently stroked Margalo.
 
“Don't you think so?” he asked with a smile as he looked at Margalo who loved the gentle strokes.
 
“Yeah but back to our questions,” Malik said with a smirk, “You don't seem to cringe at all when around homosexual couples,” he gave Marik a kiss and nip on the neck after he said that causing Marik to give a yip and a blush, “Why is that?”
 
“I believe that love is something that shouldn't be limited by gender. Love is love so why make a big deal about if a guy loves another guy, if a girl loves another girl, or if a person loves both women and men?” Yugi explained to both of them.
 
“Oh, he's cute, nonjudgmental, and he's bisexual,” Marik said with a smile as he gently pinched Yugi's cheek, “No wonder why Yami likes you so much.” Yugi's cheeks became tomato red and he jerked out of the grip. Luckily, he was saved from answering by Ishizu entering the room right before a slightly agitated Yami. You wouldn't be able to tell if you didn't know. But Yugi knew he was by the way his eyes were darkened and he tugged on the ends of his sleeves.
 
“Are you two going to keep asking Yugi questions and scare him away or are you two going to get back to work?” This caused Yugi to give a smile and laugh which caused Yami to smile and straighten himself up as he remembered what he was going to tell Yugi that night.
 
“Oh, it's our break and I know just how to spend it,” Malik said with a mischievous grin as he hefted Marik off of the couch bridal style and ran up the stairs to their bedroom.
 
“Malik, what have I told you about doing this in front of other people?!?!” They heard Marik yell before they heard the door slam. Three sweatdrops appeared.
 
“Well, I've got things to do and people to see. I'll see you both later,” Ishizu said as she exited gracefully.
 
“Do they always act like that?” Yugi asked as he walked up to him with Margolo.
 
“Unfortunately, Malik has trouble resisting Marik even in public. Luckily, I had their room sound proofed so that they wouldn't disturb anyone,” Yami said with a sigh as he gentle stroked Margalo who was deeply enjoying all the extra attention she was getting today. Except for that night when she took flight and ended up bringing Yami and Yugi together, she had never seen the world outside of the pet shop she grew up in and Yugi's room. If she had known that Yugi would meet these kinds of people who so generously handed out affection, then she would have flown out of Yugi's window a whole lot sooner.
 
“I'm just glad you look a little happier now. You seemed kind of depressed earlier,” Yugi said with concern lacing his voice.
 
“That's so like you. More concerned about others than yourself,” he said flashing a smirk at a blushing Yugi. He pecked him on the cheek. “Might I also say, that blush looks lovely on you.”
 
“Where did you learn to be so charming?” Yami felt giddy and lightheaded about that compliment and a smile couldn't help but surface itself on his face.
 
`Now I know I love you,' Yami thought as gently pulled Yugi towards him and gave him a full on passionate lip lock. He pulled away and his smile became even wider at Yugi's ever so adorable blush, “It took years of practice and the right situation to put it into effect.”
 
“So what were we going to do today?” Yugi asked trying to take his mind off the kiss and force his blush away. Only the latter was working.
 
“I actually wanted to show and give something to you,” Yami said with a smile as he grabbed Yugi's hand and led him up the stairs. They walked down the hall until they reached a white peach wood door. Yami clutched Yugi's hand a little tighter and opened the door. Yugi gasped in amazement at the beautiful room which consisted of a king size bed with lavender colored sheets and pillows placed along with rose red pillows and blankets, a black nightstand next to the bed, a white gold trimmed dresser, a vanity desk made to match the dresser, and on the nightstand was a photo of an Egyptian man and woman who looked to be about in their early to mid twenties. Yugi picked up the photo to examine it more closely.
 
“Are these your parents?” he asked as he gently ran his fingers across the photo.
 
“Yes, they are. That was when they first met,” Yami said with a smile as he opened a drawer of the dresser and pulled out a gold box. He opened it and pulled something out that Yugi didn't quite see, “This was their room. I had it saved just the way it was for when it was my turn to be with someone.” Yami sat down on the bed and patted the space next to him. Yugi placed the photo back on the nightstand and sat down next to Yami.
 
“Yugi, I know I only met you for about a week but it feels longer. Before I met you, I always felt really lonely. I had everyone in the mansion to keep me company especially after my parents passed away and Seto and Mokuba visited me whenever they got the chance to but I still felt that I needed something else in my life and it turned out I was missing someone to love who could love me back in a way no one else here could. However, I knew most women or men I met who shared my sexuality only loved me because I was famous and good looking. They only loved me for who they thought I was, not for who I really was,” Yami explained when he suddenly smiled at Yugi and put his hand on Yugi's, “But then, thanks to that little one,” he pointed to Margolo who was in a deep sleep nestled in Yugi's hair, “I met you and you're sweet, kind, smart, funny, and beautiful and I can't help but feel like I'm falling into love with you.”
 
“You just said I'm beautiful,” Yugi said with a deep blush on his cheeks as he looked down for a minute. Yami took that opportune moment to slip what looked to be an upside down gold pyramid with a strange looking eye on it around Yugi's neck on a thick steel chain. Yugi looked at the pyramid and saw that Yami wore another one like it around his neck.
 
“I did and what I just put around your neck is a copy of the one I'm wearing. It's called the Millennium Puzzle and it's been past down in my family for generations to the oldest or only child in the family when the parents feel that their old enough to be responsible for it. My father had a copy made for my mother to symbolize their unity to each other and when she died, she left the copy to me after she died so that I could give it to the person I fell in love with to symbolize our unity and commitment with each other,” he said with another smile as he took both of Yugi's hands into his, “Yugi, You are the first and only person to ever make me feel this way and I want to offer you my heart and my soul for as long as you'll care to have me to love and be with me.”
 
“Now, that was beautiful,” Yugi said eyes full of tears before launching himself at Yami. Margalo woke up startled and flew over to a chair and settling down to sleep again but not before watching her master and feeling deep happiness for him. He wrapped his arms around his neck and kissed him. When they parted, he put his face in Yami's neck and muttered `yes.' Yami felt lighter then air and with a smile he gently kissed away his tears of happiness as he held him tight, never wanting to let go again. What neither of them noticed as they held each other tightly was that Yami left the door open and staring inside with a smile on her face, Ishizu walked down the stairs before whispering this line while rubbing her necklace.
 
“Love in its truest form. Everything is falling into place.”
 
***
Yugi was practically elated when he got home after Yami drove him home. His mother and Grandpa didn't even have to ask him why he was so happy as he bounced towards his room. But the look disappeared into one of horror when he saw on his bedroom window a red gummed heart with a note right under it.
 
Yugi,
Don't forget who you reallybelong to.
 
“Leo,” Yugi said before he felt a hand on his shoulder. He jumped back slightly until he saw who was behind him, “Yami, he was here. That's his handwriting, I'd know it anywhere,” Yugi said as he threw his arms around Yami while shaking in fear. Yami held him tightly while he narrowed his eyes at the evidence of Leo's stalking and jealousy.
 
“I'm going to have some of my best men go undercover at your school to protect you and your friends. Apparently he had photos of Joey and tried to convince Seto to make you go out with him in exchange for them. Nothing is going to happen to you.”
 
“What about you?”
 
“I'm going to be at my house like usual. Do not worry little angel, I will be fine.”
 
“Will you stay here? With me?” Yugi whispered into Yami's shirt. Yami stilled surprised but then smiled brightly tightening his grip on Yugi.
 
“If that is what you wish.”
 
“I do,” he said finally looking at Yami's beaming face. Yami let Yugi go so he could change into his pajamas as Yami peeled off his shirt and the black choker around his neck before he removed his Millennium Puzzle and placed them on Yugi's nightstand. He looked at the heart and note and quickly tore them off the window.
 
“This'll come in handy,” he said as slid them into his jacket pocket right before Yugi came in wearing his starry pajamas. He gently smiled as he lay down with Yugi on his bed while giving him a few good night kisses before Yugi finally fell asleep. Yami was still half awake as he smiled, kissed Yugi on the cheek, and leaned towards his ear.
 
“I have one more surprise but that can wait until tomorrow morning,” he whispered before he fell asleep with his head on Yugi's.
 
Dee Bunny: Hey people, got over my writer's block! =D Hope you liked this chapter, I got the idea of the heart on the window from a thriller novel I read called Be Mine by Jane McFann. It's a really good one. If you have the means I recommend picking it up at your local library or bookstore. Please R&R! ;D