Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The $3 Million Words ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Iris: Jasmine's going to eat me alive. This is going out to DemonandGoddess, enjoy!

***

"I can't believe it, Yug." Joey fought back the tears, "Why are ya movin'?"

"Grampa sold the shop, he can't make enough money to pay the rent with a little gaming store. So he sold it and he used the money to buy a house in America."

"That's not fair!" Tea was sobbing so hard that Tristan had to hold her up, "Why can't you stay?!"

"I wish I could, but I have to go with my mom and Grampa." Yugi shook his head sadly and pulled his Duel Monsters Deck out of his bag, "We already have a house. I'm leaving Saturday." (A/N: Tis Thursday)

"Dammit!" Duke growled, "Why didn't you tell me, Yugi?! I could've giving your Grandfather some money!"

"Then we'd have to pay you back." Yugi said.

"Damn, you're so selfless, Yugi." Tristan said, dropping Tea, "You better make a name for yourself in America! I wanna hear about you on the news everyday!"

The group started to disperse when Kaiba walked in.

"Why is everyone crying?" the brunette snorted, although he wasn't particularly interested.

"Yugi's moving." Duke said somberly. Something stabbed at the millionaire's heart. Yugi.. leaving? His deep blue eyes slowly looked over at Yugi, who was sorting through his cards. He quickly turned away, feeling long-forgotten tears well up in his eyes. ::Shit.:: he thought, barreling through his classmates and dropping angrily into his seat, ::There it is again. Why do I get so sentimental whenever I think about that little punk?::

"Hey, Kaiba."

"What, Yugi?" the older boy growled. He looked up over the textbook he was using to hide his tears.

"You want some cards?" the little boy asked innocently, "Grampa told me to get rid of some of the cards that were left over in the shop."


"You're really leaving?"

"Yeah." Yugi could barely see a hint of emotion in the cold boy's eyes.

"You know, the least you can do is tell Mokuba good-bye."

"Okay, I'll come by after school today and say good-bye."

*~*Fin*~*