Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The $3 Million Words ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Wow, this is a nice car, Kaiba."

"That's because it's a limo, Yugi." The limo stopped outside the Kaiba mansion and the two boys walked up to the castle-like house. Mokuba was sitting on the front steps, reading some random manga. Yugi walked ahead of the brunette.

"Hey, Mokuba!"

"Yugi!" Mokuba jumped up and hugged his friend, "What are you doing here?"

***

The raven haired boy pouted, "You can't leave!"

"I'm sorry, Mokuba." Yugi sighed, "I have to go."

"No! We'll loan you the money!"

"I've already gone through this. Our little shop could never pay off debt that we owe to you or Duke, or anyone else."

Mokuba stomped his foot in frustration and ran to his room. Yugi reached out an arm to stop him, but Seto pulled him back. When he turned around, the younger boy could see Seto's eyes almost briming with tears. Why was he crying? Of all people, Yugi thought that Seto would be glad that he was leaving. Maybe there was something about the CEO that he hadn't figured out yet, something he had to know before he left. Kaiba blinked, turned away and walked off. He told Yugi he didn't have to go home, but he couldn't stay there. ::What are you hiding?:: Yugi wondered, ::What are you keeping from me?::

The smaller boy smiled and decided to pry. He went up to Seto's office, peeking through the small crack left by the door. Inside, Seto had his hands to his forehead, tears streaming irrationally down his face. Unbridled emotions caused the CEO to tremble in his sobs. Yugi couldn't believe it, was the ever strong and silent Seto Kaiba losing it over him? He stepped back and went downstairs to sit on the bottom step, still stunned by the sight of his greatest rival, drowning in tears. But something still nagged at Yugi's mind, what about him could possibly make Seto act like that?

"Yugi?" Seto's voice scared him. Kaiba pulled his guest up by his shoulder. There wasn't a trace of the earlier incident anywhere on him, no tear-soaked sleeves, no breaks in his speech, his eyes weren't even blood-shot, "Are you going home, or do I have to kick you out?"

"I'll go." Yugi said. As Kaiba bid him good-bye, the spiky haired boy stopped and looked back at his host, "Say, Kaiba. Why don't we hang out tomorrow after school? Just you and me."

Kaiba faltered for a moment, "...Why would I want to hang out with you?"

"For old time's sake." Yugi smiled. Seto snorted and slammed the door.

"There's no 'old time's' for us, Yugi. There never was..." he could feel the tears building up in his eyes again, he cursed them, "..and there never will be."

*** (Friday)

"Kaiba!"

"What, Yugi?" the younger boy grabbed Kaiba's hand.

"We're going to be late for the movie!" Kaiba scowled viciously.

"What movie?"

"I still think we should be friends when we leave. So let's do friend things, like going to see the lastest scary movie!"

Seto rolled his eyes as Yugi pulled him towards the limo, but he also gave a sigh of relief.

***

::This is so lame...:: Seto thought, leaning on his arm nearest Yugi. The movie was about a serial killer who had broken into a magic shop and was using the masks he had found to hid his identity from his victims ::What the point of having a mask if the person who sees you is going to be dead?::

As he opened his mouth to yawn, the killer (this time wearing a leopard mask) jumped out of a closest and caused every member of a girl slumber party to scatter blindly about the one story house. Yugi grabbed Seto's arm as a reflex. Seto didn't realize his loss of support and fell into Yugi's hair. It was amazingly soft. The older boy jumped up when he snapped back to reality, scaring everyone around them. He settled back down in his chair, his face dark red. Yugi laughed at his 'friend's' plight. Kaiba could feel a small twitch at the corners of his mouth.

***

"That was cool, wasn't it?"

"Yeah." Seto replied flatly. He didn't pay attention to any of the movie and now he wasn't paying attention to his ice cream (A/N: OMG, there were so many dirty thoughts that ran through my head right then.... XD). Yugi gave a questioning stare at the boy sitting next to him on the park bench.

"Seto?"

"Hm?"

".... Your ice cream's melting."

"AH!" Seto held his ice cream out at arm's length. The strawberry/chocolate swirl hadn't spilt on his clothes, but it was starting to dribble down his hand. (A/N: There it was again XD) He handed Yugi his ice cream and licked his hand clean. Yugi watched, a spot of red appearing on his cheeks. Seto leaned away, starting to blush as well, "Don't look at me like that! I know your family at least has enough money to feed you!"

Yugi smiled innocently as Seto snatched his ice cream back.

*~*Fin*~*

Iris: The date continues on the next chapter, don't freak, I'll finish this one... once I get myself some ice cream... *perverted grin*