Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Arrangement ❯ Chapter Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Arrangement

Chapter Nine

The drive home was silent, neither volunteering a topic of conversation. It was evident both were still angry with one another as the tension hung in the air. In spite of his anger, Kaiba couldn't help but continue to glance at his wife, particularly the wrist he had hurt.

"Ichigo," Kaiba began as he lowered the window between the driver's seat and the back.

"Yes Sir?" Ichigo responded, not taking his eyes from the road before him.

"Locate the quickest route to Domino City Hospital and take it," he demanded before bringing the window back up.

"No, that really won't be-" Selina said softly.

"Look at your wrist," Kaiba interrupted, watching as Selina slowly glanced at the purple bruise. "It needs medical care and that's what you're getting."

Selina sighed and closed her eyes, blocking out the images of the evening. If only time could go back to the way it was. When she was so naïve and carefree. In spite of the safety she felt within the mansion's walls and the comfort that was offered to her, part of her longed for the time when she had forgotten who Seto Kaiba was.

I can never go back. Why do I always make the worst mistakes in life? She questioned herself mentally. Maybe I should just never have…

"We're here Sir," Ichigo said, interrupting Selina's thoughts as he opened the limo door.

"Wait here with Roland while we go inside," Kaiba commanded, stepping out into the cool night air and waiting for Selina to follow. The moment she was beside him, he took hold of her unharmed arm and gently pulled her with him.

"Really…it's fine Kaiba," she whispered, her words her only resistance.

"We're not discussing this again. Your wrist is hurt," he insisted firmly, ending the conversation as they approached the front desk. "Is Keito in?"

The woman jumped, slightly startled at hearing a voice at the late hour. "Dr. Keito is making his rounds right now. Is it important?" she asked quietly as she recognized the man before her.

"No," Selina said while Kaiba said otherwise. One glance from him caused her to close her mouth.

"Yes, it is. Page him," he commanded.

"Yes Sir," she answered meekly, taking a deep breath of air the moment Kaiba turned around.

~*~*~*~

"It's been a long time since I've seen you here Selina," Dr. Keito smiled as he motioned for her to take a seat. "What seems to be the problem?"

"I…well," she began, trying to think of a story he'd believe.

"Her wrist is hurt," Kaiba interrupted, leaning against the closed door.

"Ah, it looks pretty bad," he commented, gingerly taking her hand and inspecting the damage. "We need to get you to x-ray in order to ensure there are no broken bones."

Selina forced a small smile as she followed the doctor down the hall, Kaiba close behind. Had either Keito or Selina glanced at his face, they would have noticed a tiny hint of pain etched in his navy eyes.

"How did this happen?" Dr. Keito questioned fifteen minutes later as he went over her x-rays.

"Well," she began, her face slightly paling. My husband and I were having a disagreement and neither of us realized how strong his grip was? No…that doesn't work…the truth never does. "We were leaving my friends' wedding and there were a few stairs. Of course, I'm wearing high heels, and I lost my balance," she smiled, thankful she could come up with a story that would be easy to believe.

"And Mr. Kaiba wasn't able to catch you? Or did he break most of your fall?" he replied, a slight gleam in his eyes at her story.

"He was still in the lobby…talking with Duke about business. I was tired so I left the two to wait in the limo."

"So you and Mr. Kaiba are close I take it?" he continued, placing the x-rays aside.

"Roland and Ichigo have done a good job keeping the media unaware of this arrangement," Kaiba spoke coolly. "I trust you to keep our relationship a secret."

"I can't even say what relationship that would be," he replied with a grin before growing serious. "Selina has a very strained wrist. I'll send one of the nurses in to place some bandages on it. It should only take a few days to heal; nothing too major. But Selina, I don't want you to use it until you return in a week. You got lucky," he smiled, rising from his chair.

"Wait…bandages for only a few days? But you said it's only strained," Selina faltered, her eyes pleading for a different answer.

"Bandages which you can easily remove yourself. Don't worry. Now if you two will excuse me, I do have a few more rounds to make. A nurse will be in soon."

The moment they were alone, Kaiba took the open chair and brought Selina's attention to him by taking her uninjured hand. He cast her a thankful glance before releasing her hand and turning away; hoping they wouldn't have to wait much longer.

~*~*~*~

"Selina," she faintly heard her name being called before her door flew open and a distraught Mokuba stood before her.

"What is it?" she asked gently, turning her attention away from her work and focusing on the young teen before her.

"I need help and Seto is too busy to help me," he complained, not bothering to close the door before he sat upon her bed.

"What is it you need help with Mokuba?" she sighed, rising from her chair and moving to sit beside the young boy.

"I don't understand my homework," he grumbled, dropping the book he had been carrying into her lap.

Great…"I'll try to help, but this wasn't my best class in school," she smiled slightly, all the while, hoping she didn't confuse him more.

"Your wrist looks better," he commented as he waited for her to either explain the work or do it for him.

"What you mean is the bandages are gone and I can use it," she chuckled slightly, glancing at the ugly color bruise that still rest there. "Now if only the color would change," she grumbled, noticing a muffled laugh escape Mokuba's lips.

"I'm sorry Mokuba," Selina spoke gently a few minutes later. "I just can't seem to remember how to do this. Sorry Squirt."

"Oh well, I'll see if someone around here other than Seto understands. Not only is he too busy to help, but he's been in a sour mood since Yugi's wedding," he commented, taking the book from Selina and heading towards her door.

I wouldn't know…I haven't seen him since that night. All I've caught are glimpses. But…that's fine. He hurt me and he refuses to acknowledge that. He makes me so angry, I could just-

"Are you okay?" Mokuba questioned, casting her a puzzled face. "You look angry."

Selina forced her lips to curve upward. "I'm fine Mokuba. I was just thinking, that's all."

"I hope Seto stops working soon. It felt like he was around more ever since you came here. But now, all he does is work," he stated, closing the door behind him and leaving Selina to her angry thoughts about the man in question.

~*~*~*~

Kaiba growled in frustration, a few curses escaping beneath his voice. This was the fifth time within the hour the program he was working on failed to succeed. Every time he seemed to fix the problem, a new one would be discovered. Angry and frustrated, he slammed the screen to the laptop down and rose quickly from his chair.

Slamming the door behind him, he briskly walked down the hallway, a firm glare set upon his face. The maids had learned to stay away from that particular part of the mansion while Kaiba was home as his mood had been terrible since the night he and Selina returned from the wedding. The only person who was brave enough to approach Kaiba was Mokuba; but according to Mokuba, Kaiba had never been this terrible before.

I need some air, he thought in irritation while he slowed his walk, the frustration lingering. Yet, instead of turning for the staircase that led into the back gardens, he found himself standing before Selina's bedroom door.

Since Yugi and Tea's wedding, Kaiba had been avoiding his wife at all costs. He even resorted to sleeping in his office as he once had a few years earlier, before he had promised Mokuba he would never work to the point of illness again. He knew that she had closed the door between their rooms; he was there when she had slammed it in his face. And as he had stood there in somewhat of a surprise, he had heard the latches on the lock, telling him it would take something more than words to mend their relationship.

As he stood before her door, his mind wandering, he missed the quiet sounds coming from inside. He was brought back to reality when the light from the sunny day outside hit his eyes from the windows in Selina's room.

Selina blinked as she stared at the towering figure before her. Without a word, she moved to close her door, hoping he would just go away. But as she did this, his hand swiftly caught it, holding it in place.

He wasn't sure what he was doing, or what he planned on saying, but he knew he had to do something. It had been nine days, and throughout all nine of those days, she had been plaguing his thoughts; torturing him to sleepless nights and dreamless oblivion. It had to stop; something had to change. This was his wife, and would be forever. He had to make their relationship work. He knew she was too frightened of him to make the first move; or, so he thought.

"What do you want?" she asked evenly, her sudden shock at seeing him washed away with a calm determination.

"I think it's time we had a talk," he replied, closing the door behind him and watching her from her position not but two feet away.

"About what?" she returned softly. "Apparently, you've not felt that we needed to talk for nine days, so why is today any different?"

Kaiba breathed deeply, trying hard to keep his cool. This wasn't the same girl he had met before. The Selina he knew was shy and afraid to truly speak her mind; nothing like the woman who stood before him. Then the thought hit him. Did he really know his wife?

"Are you going to stand there like a big oaf and waste my time, or do you have something of value you want to say to me?" she scoffed, glaring at him. Her own words slightly shocked her, but reality had lost all meaning, and subtleness, all value. The anger she had held inside was beginning to bubble out.

Not certain he could take any more insults than the one she had just given him, he narrowed his eyes at her before sighing calmly. Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn, he thought ironically to himself, before deciding he'd allow her to have her moment of anger. She isn't going to get an angry word out of me…no matter how much I would like to yell.

"Selina," he began, moving closer to her, only for her to move equally further from him. "You have to know that I never meant…that I didn't mean to…"

"To what?" she retorted, all composer fleeing from her at that moment.

"I didn't mean to hurt you," he growled, his eyes piercing into hers.

"Well you know what, you did," she said flatly, making a move to go around him, only to be blocked.

"And you know it was an accident. Selina, I would never intentionally do something to hurt you!" he emphasized in frustration.

"So you've said," she growled, her eyes iced over in anger and pain as she frowned at him. "You said 'believe it or not, I'd never hurt you.' And then you have the audacity to tell me it was an accident? Face the music Seto Kaiba, you hurt me!"

"Selina, I would never-"

"Do you know how many times my father said that to me! How many times he apologized to me after he beat me, promising it would never happen again? No!" she yelled, her eyes blazing with rage. "You have never taken the time to find out what I've gone through! All you wanted to know was about my past! You never wanted to know how it affected me! Why? Because you don't care about anyone but yourself!"

Kaiba twitched at her words, anger growing inside of him. Yet, instead of taking her pause as a moment to jump in, he waited for her to continue.

"All you care about are facts and numbers, not about people! Well newsflash Kaiba, because that's what this is! The moment my mother died, along with my brother whom she was pregnant with, my dad succumbed to drinking! The father I had loved and had loved me in returned shut me out of his world and drug me into a world of darkness and pain! He started beating me when I was nine! Nine years old Kaiba! Three years of watching my father get wasted and drunk before he began to blame me for our problems! Blame me for my mother's death! It was not my fault!" At this point, tears began to form in her eyes as Kaiba silently watched, all anger within him dissipating. He was silent, his eyes softening as each word left her lips.

"You want to know why I never accepted any dates from the boys who asked me? I was ashamed! Ashamed of my life, my father, how he treated me! I was ashamed of how I looked. But most of all, I was ashamed of bearing the burden of my mother's death. After all, it was supposedly my fault. Not the other driver's fault, but mine! I was six years old when she died! Six! My mom wasn't there to see me through all those times that a mother is supposed to be there! She left me with…him!

"Guess how many scars I have Kaiba! Just guess! They're all over my arms, my back, my legs…they're everywhere! And they'll never go away! I'll always be a walking pin cushion! And you want to know what the worst thing is Kaiba? The worst thing is…I still love my father…"

Selina slowly sunk to the floor as tears consumed her. She allowed herself to be pulled into Kaiba's strong arms as she sobbed into his black cotton shirt. Had she not been blinded by her own tears, or her face buried into his chest, she would have seen a few crystals fall from Kaiba's own navy eyes.

You don't know how much we have in common Selina, he sighed inwardly. "I'm sorry," he whispered gently, smoothing the hair atop her head. "Nothing was your fault Selina. He was wrong to blame you," he soothed, gently rubbing her back as her tears quieted. "I only hope you'll forgive me for being such a fool."

Through her muffled voice and sniffles, he could hear the faint words escape her lips. "You're not a fool…and…I do forgive you. I know it wasn't intentional…I just…"

"I know," he murmured softly. "It's alright…I know."

"Thank you…Seto…"

~*~*~*~

Selina yawned tiredly as she pulled her robe tighter across her slim frame. It was exceptionally cold on the mid-November morning, but that wasn't about to stop her from enjoying the day. She smiled gently as she reached for the door that connected the two rooms. Slowly, she turned the knob and opened it, only to find her husband rushing around the room.

"I'm running late," Kaiba frowned, grabbing his briefcase.

"Oh," she replied softly, watching him rush from one end of the room to the other and back again.

"What's up?" he asked, fixing his tie before heading to the door she was holding open.

"I just wanted to tell you…"

"What?" he asked, raising a brow in suspicion. "Selina, I'm running late," he reminded, pointing at the clock.

"Have a good day," she smiled, shaking her head to clear her thoughts. "You'd better go."

"Yeah, I'll be late today so don't have them hold supper for me," he added as an afterthought, quickly kissing her forehead before rushing out the door and down the hallway - soon out of sight.

"Well, Mokuba and I will have a wonderful day. I think we'll go to the arcade like we did for his birthday and then maybe we'll have a nice glass of champagne over an expensive dish of lobster tails," she rolled her eyes as she headed to her closet. "Won't that just be dandy."

It's not his fault you didn't tell him, a small voice reminded her. He would have listened. Maybe not change his plans, but he would have done something. "Whatever," she mumbled. "He's Seto Kaiba. What can I expect from him that's heartfelt? Ichigo's the one that got Mokuba a gift in the first place, not that I want a gift. I just want…time."

~*~*~*~

"Oh, before I forget!" Mokuba exclaimed, dropping his slice of pizza down onto the plate and wiping his hands. Quickly, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, wrapped box. "Happy birthday!"

Selina grinned as she accepted the gift. Like a child, she tore at the paper until she could see the prize. A slight gasp escaped her lips as she pulled the locket from the box and held it in the palm of her hand.

"I put a picture of me and Seto in there so you'll never be lonely, even when I'm at school and Seto's at work."

"Thank you Mokuba," she smiled, glancing at the picture of the young boy and then at his elder brother. He was smiling; that rare smile that hid behind the icy eyes and frown, and only made an appearance at the most unusual of times. But nevertheless, Seto Kaiba, CEO of Kaiba Corp., was smiling.

"You and Seto make me feel like such a kid. You're both so, so…"

"Old? I hardly call twenty old, Mokuba," she smirked, placing the locket around her neck.

"Well, maybe not twenty…but twenty-two! I'm only fourteen!"

Selina chuckled at his comment, not noticing him rise from the table until he grabbed her hand. "Come on," he smiled, pulling her up. "I want another chance to beat you at Monsters to the Max!"

Who comes up with these titles, she thought pitifully as she allowed herself to be led by Mokuba. No creative imagination whatsoever. Sheesh. You'd think something produced by Kaiba Corp. would have some form of imagination. 'Monsters to the Max,' how ridiculous!

~*~*~*~

Duke strolled into the office, an unusually large grin spread across his face. He laid the paper he had been carrying upon Kaiba's desk and pointed to a large article. "Look who's in the paper."

Kaiba glanced at the article and rolled his eyes. "It's nothing new Devlin."

"And I quote," he began, picking the paper back up. "'Another new hit from Kaiba Corporations! Dragon's Revenge is a must have for any avid dueler. It takes the skill of the duelist plus the knowledge of the game to an entirely new level. With the in-depth explanations and easy to understand controls, this game is certain to bring even the worst duelist to victory…' I have to admit Kaiba, I'm flattered. It even mentions Selina in there, towards the end. 'The graphics are outstanding and are designed by Selina Mazika, a cousin of Duke Devlin, the creator of Dungeon Dice Monsters.' Of course, it should be 'Selina Kaiba' but I'm certain the media doesn't know of this yet."

"So the game has already gone world-wide I'm imagining," Kaiba answered, a smirk settling onto his features.

"With only two days of release time, of course!"

"I expected no less."

"You know, I bet Selina would love to see her graphics in action. Perhaps she should battle you."

"I may design games Devlin, but I don't always have the time to play them. Especially today. Today, of all days, I came in late! I barely made it to my meeting with my board of directors," Kaiba sighed, picking up the game he had on his desk; the one he was going to give to Mokuba the moment he arrived home.

"And we have one in an hour. I can understand why your rule of taking the day off on birthdays doesn't apply today," Duke commented, flopping himself down into one of the leather chairs before Kaiba's desk and propping his feet up on it.

"Birthdays? Devlin, I don't take off for my employees," he said sarcastically.

"So Selina's an employee? Funny, I thought wives were equal. Hmm, if they work for us, I ought to ask Serenity soon!" Duke joked, lightly closing his eyes.

"Selina?"

"Yeah, she's twenty today. Didn't she tell you?"

Kaiba growled in frustration. "No," he grumbled, picking up the phone.

"She isn't there. She and Mokuba went out; she told me about it a few days ago when I asked what she was doing," Duke said, not bothering to open his eyes.

Kaiba slammed the phone down, only to pick it up once more. I'll just leave a message for Mokuba with Roland. And then, tonight, Selina and I will have a talk. And here I thought she had just turned nineteen. How much do I really know about her?

~*~*~*~

Kaiba's plan to speak with Selina failed. An error in the Kaiba Corp. mainframe computer system had occurred, and Kaiba had to fix it himself. He closed his eyes and yawned tiredly as he placed his briefcase on his desk. It was already one-thirty in the morning. He would have gone straight to bed if he hadn't noticed the light coming from the slightly opened door to Selina's room.

Moving quietly in curiosity at what she could be doing up at this late hour, he peered through the door, raising his brow at what he saw. On the bed lay Selina, headphones in place and a handheld gaming system in hand. Her head was moving to the music as she mouthed the words, completely oblivious to the man watching her or the expression he held upon his face.

He smirked as he moved towards her, her eyes focused on the game before her. Slowly, he leaned close to her ear, gently moving the earpiece. "Can't sleep?"

Selina jumped in surprise, dropping the game system. "Seto Kaiba!" she shrieked, catching her breath. "What do you think you're doing?"

Kaiba grinned cheekily as he sat upon her bed, grabbing the disc player and handheld game system and turning them both off. "What are you doing up?" he said, ignoring her previous question.

"I couldn't sleep. Mokuba took me to a coffee shop and I kept getting refills," she grinned childishly. "Is my light keeping you awake?"

"No, I just got back."

Selina's mouth formed a silent "oh" but no words escaped her lips. She cast her eyes downward and glanced at her hands, suddenly feeling very odd in her pink t-shirt and black pajama bottoms.

"Selina," Kaiba began, gently taking her chin and bringing her eyes to him. "We need to communicate."

Selina was quiet, her thoughts lost in a world of their own. This is so embarrassing, she groaned inwardly. I look like a child, not a twenty year old woman!

"Selina," Kaiba's voice brought her back to him. "Duke told me that today - well, yesterday - was your birthday."

"I should have told you," she said simply. "I forgot to mention it until morning, and you were in such a rush. I didn't want to delay you any longer."

But if we don't communicate, this will never work. And as much as that would be easier for me, I don't want things to be that way.Kaiba gently took hold of her left hand and glanced at it, his eyes taking in the emptiness of one particular finger. He growled quietly as he rose from her bed. This was not going to be easy.

"Selina, come with me," he said, pulling her from the bed and watching as she slid her feet into a pair of fluffy pink slippers. Her color coordination caused a tiny grin to grow on his face.

"Where are we going?" she asked quietly, feeling the cool rush of the late autumn air hit her. Okay…outside.

"I've always wanted to walk among the stars in the garden," Kaiba mumbled, his hand still holding hers.

"The gardens are so pretty in the daytime…but I never imagined them to be this beautiful at night," she admired as their pace slowed.

"I didn't get to spend the day with you," he grumbled, glancing at her profile as they stood before a white rosebush, bright in the dark morning. "I've seen you look at the gardens," he commented, releasing her hand and bending before the bush. "But I've never been able to walk with you in them," he finished, rising from his position and holding a rose out to her.

She smiled gracefully as she accepted it, a slight chill covering her body. Without any comment, Kaiba removed his business coat and slid it around her slim arms. When he knew it was secure, he wrapped his arm around her waist and continued walking, ignoring any form of protest coming from his young wife.

"We need to communicate," he said once more, stopping the moment they reached the middle of a small bridge that crossed the pond lying far from the mansion. Lily pads, beautiful pink lotuses, and water lilies graced the pond as they swayed with the gentle breeze.

"I want this to work," he said gently, turning to face the young woman before him. He gently caressed her cheek, pushing her hair behind her ear. Her eyes, a sparkling blue etched with jade, glanced into his distant navy ones. As the time had passed, she had grown more intoxicating, more captivating, and more beautiful. He took a deep breath, trying to contain the emotions swirling up inside of him. He may be Seto Kaiba, CEO of Kaiba Corporations, but he was a man, and he did have desires.

"I want this to work too," she whispered softly, her voice nearly lost in the quiet of the night. I want to make you proud…

"I know I missed your birthday, and I should have given this to you sooner…" he trailed off, pulling a velvet box from his pocket. "I've been carrying this around with me for a week. I've had it since the idea of marriage came up, but I…" his voice was lost once more as he pulled the ring from the box and slid it onto her waiting finger. It was a perfect fit.

"Seto," she whispered, her eyes large and watery as she glanced at the sparkling diamond resting perfectly upon her finger.

Kaiba allowed a hint of a smile to escape his lips before he knew he couldn't resist her any longer. Since the first moment he had seen her in his home, he had felt a warm desire within him. And now, in a moment of gentleness and longing, he pulled her close to him, capturing her lips with his own in a kiss of quiet passion beneath the moonlit sky.

~*~*~*~

Selina stretched, feeling the warmth of another body beside her. Her eyes blinked, a small smile growing on her face as she recalled the moonlit walk. A quiet laugh escaped her lips as she felt Kaiba's business coat still around her shoulders. The feeling of his hands sliding tighter around her waist caused her to fully wake and turn to face him.

"You're awake," he commented, his eyes lazily glancing at her face.

"I don't want to be," she mumbled, closing her eyes and resting her head against his chest.

"I do have to be into work in a few hours," he reminded, glancing up at the clock hanging above his desk.

"Then maybe you should go get ready. I hope you have another suit."

"Why's that?" he asked, genuinely intrigued.

"Because you can't have this coat back. It's rather comfortable."

Kaiba chuckled as he leaned his face close to hers. "I have plenty of suits," he whispered. "But that one's my favorite."

"Mine," she mumbled, sleep beginning to overtake her.

Mine, Kaiba thought as he glanced at her once more sleeping form. He slowly rose from the bed, careful to not wake her. Hoping the wrinkles in his suit wouldn't be too bad, he headed for the shower, memories of the night flooding his mind.

~*~*~*~

"Seto," Selina whispered softly, walking into Kaiba's room only five minutes after they had returned from their walk. His coat still hung from her shoulders.

He glanced up from the paper he was about to read and watched her walk towards him. His curiosity was piqued when she climbed onto his bed to sit beside him.

"May I sleep here tonight?" she asked gently, watching for his facial expressions.

Kaiba couldn't help but show his astonishment. He knew things had finally started to get back on track with their relationship, but this was new. And soon.

Selina held up her hand, knowing where his thoughts were heading. "I'm not ready for that…I just. If this is going to be my room too…"

Kaiba didn't allow her to finish before he had pulled the covers over them and pulled her close to him. He hadn't even bothered to change his clothing. "You're welcome here anytime Selina," he said gently, feeling her muscles relax within his grasp.

"You're bed is more comfortable than mine," she commented sleepily, enjoying the warmth she was feeling.

Kaiba gently chuckled before leaning close to her ear, his warm breath enticing her senses. "You mean our bed," he murmured, forcing himself to close his eyes and try to sleep.

It took a few hours before he could accomplish this. Having his wife in his arms and not being able to do anything but hold her was one of the toughest things Kaiba had ever done; especially when he wanted nothing more than to be intimate with her.

"I know you're not ready," he whispered, his eyes closing and sleep beginning to take over. "But you're doing surprising things to my senses Selina Kaiba…"

~*~*~*~

"Are you ready," Kaiba called through the door to Selina's closet, gently knocking on it.

"Yes," she said softly, emerging through the door and astounding Kaiba into silence. "Do you like it?"

"You're beautiful," he said calmly, gently taking her small hand and leading her down the stairs to the limo.

Selina breathed deeply, and unsettled nervousness clawing at her. The dress, a deep blue with a sheer black cover, glittered in the fading sunlight as the two made their way outside to their vehicle. For as cold as the evening was starting out, Selina was still warm with nervousness and anxiety.

Kaiba knew nothing to say to calm her pounding heart. The only solace he could find for himself was that he knew she could handle the media. As long as all she had to do was stand beside him and smile, she'd be fine. Even if she felt forced into answering a question, he knew she would answer with grace and dignity. There really was nothing she had to be afraid of.

The ride to the event was quick and smooth, the couple arriving earlier than planned. They could see the cameras waiting, ready to bombard anyone attending the dinner party with flashes of light.

"Everything will be fine," Kaiba managed to say, his calm and domineering business face appearing. "Let's go," he commanded calmly as Roland opened the door and Ichigo stood by to help the two make it through the crowds of press.

Kaiba exited the limo with ease, ignoring the lights flashing around him. He nodded to Roland who proceeded to the driver's side of the limo. "Selina," Kaiba whispered, holding out his hand to the young woman inside who was overcome with fear and dread.

Selina gasped as she caught a glimpse of all the cameras lined all the way to the doors. No media inside except for the few he's permitted, she reminded herself, placing her hand slowly and gracefully in his.

The diamond on her finger sparkled in the light, causing light gasps escape from the crowds of paparazzi. A story had been leaked out that Kaiba had often been seen with a young woman, but no picture of her could be found, nor any name. The paparazzi stood in waiting, wondering if the diamond on the woman's finger was any indication of a relationship between the multi-billionaire CEO and herself.

Selina glanced around through the open door, taking a deep breath of air. She'd never enjoyed the thought of the paparazzi taking pictures of her and creating stories they thought could be true. She closed her eyes, her nervousness and fear of disappointing Kaiba growing.

She knew she would never be able to make it to the double doors not but seven feet away; it was too overwhelming. That was, until Kaiba's grip on her hand tightened, telling her he would be there.

"I'm here Selina," he whispered, his eyes holding a hint of sympathy as he helped her out of the vehicle, flashes of light greeting the young, nervous woman.